View Full Version : Are you serious Kid Yamamoto?

Dice
11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
You lost to Darren Uyenoyama??? Like werent u a damn wrestler in high school? How the fuk do you not know how to defend the takedown??

I wasnt on the bandwagon before but I am know, Japan MMA is very inferior to the rest of the world. I remember people telling me how much of a legend KID is and how he would dominate the WEC and while I was most def impressed with his stand up and power, especially being almost always the smaller guy, I had to point out and say "LOOK WHO HES KNOCKING OUT!" Royler Gracie?? A Genki Sudo who was at the tail end of his career?? Caol Uno?? Like come on lol, ill give him credit for his wins against Curran, Yahya and Fernandes but then again for a guy who was supposed to walk in and crush Faber when Faber was still FW king, ur best wins are seriously Jeff Curren, Bibiano Fernandes and Rani Yahya?

If memory serves me correct he lost to Joe Warren after he fought Yahya, and even tho he had a like three year layoff Joe was like 1-0 when he fought a like 15-2 Kid smh!

Watching his destructive stand up I really hoped he could handle american wreslers and actually felt he could make a name for himself in the US, then he loses to a bum like kanehari lol. Mighty Mouse is a future p4p champ so i can understand him losing there but then last nights fight just did it.

I bring this up because I have friends that SWING off of Kids nuts sticking to those k1 heros days and I understand supporting your fighter but my boys SERIOUSLY believed that Kid wasnt himself in the Mighy Mouse fight and that he was seriously gonna be the guy to beat Dominick Cruz, then we all sat in front off facebook and saw him get dominated AGAIN for three round by a bum who couldnt even beat Tokoro in Dream.

I'm still a KID fan but im also a realist as well and cant stand when people overhype. Same thing recently with Dennis Siver and even now with Junior Dos Santos!!

Back when Lesnar was champ and Carwin, JDS, and Cain were coming up its was only Me, Big Bricks, and like three other people that said Cigano was gonna be the champ and be better then those other three. As usual (sory for the arrogance i really dont mean to be so ****y lol) I was right and Cigano just clinched the belt AND NOW I GO ON SOME SITES AND PEOPLE ARE ASKING IF JDS IS THE BEST HW OF ALL TIME!!!! DOG HE JUST WON THE BELT!!! Did we not forget how Fedor ran ***** for like 10 years in Japan and unlike most JMMA legends he didnt just beat Japanese cans with useless judo backgrounds and no stand up, he dominated Strikers, wreslters,and Jui Juitsu guys.

I'm not saying JDS doesnt have the tools to be the best ever but damn can he defend the belt first??

I apologize for the long as$ rant Boxingscene, but I really had to get that off my chest

Mohammedini
11-13-2011, 03:23 PM
So many mma fans are raging Japanophiles that they immediately overhype anyone coming out of Japan.

It's the way they train down there that is so unbelievably outdated that makes the Japanese fighters struggle.

Like Takanori Gomi.... prime example when the overhyping of japanese fighters go to far.
The guy gets completely outclassed by Kenny Florian and mentally quits.
Then he fights Clay Guida where he also gets dominated.
Then Tyson griffin takes a fight against Gomi on 2 days notice and Gomi Ko's him with one punch and everybody almost hypes him up as the next champ.
Then he gets PWned by Nate Diaz and quits.
Some guys on this forum actually believe Gomi would easily KO Melvin Guillard after his fluke loss.. cough....Kaps...Cough.

Thats how deep the Japanophilia runs in people

F l i c k e r
11-13-2011, 03:48 PM
So many mma fans are raging Japanophiles that they immediately overhype anyone coming out of Japan.

It's the way they train down there that is so unbelievably outdated that makes the Japanese fighters struggle.

Like Takanori Gomi.... prime example when the overhyping of japanese fighters go to far.
Then Tyson griffin takes a fight against Gomi on 2 days notice and Gomi Ko's him with one punch and everybody almost hypes him up as the next champ.
Some guys on this forum actually believe Gomi would easily KO Melvin Guillard after his fluke loss.. cough....Kaps...Cough.

If your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese fighters. Then you don't know **** about MMA.

Simple as that.

Mohammedini
11-13-2011, 06:39 PM
If your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese fighters. Then you don't know **** about MMA.

Simple as that.
So you honestly believe he wasn't overhyped by fans coming into the UFC?
He was clearly passed it and people still hyped him up.
Know nothing about mma? you are the one who said that Melvin and Gomi was identical as fighters and that Gomi would easily beat Melvin loooooooooooooooool

F l i c k e r
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
So you honestly believe he wasn't overhyped by fans coming into the UFC?
He was clearly passed it and people still hyped him up.
Know nothing about mma? you are the one who said that Melvin and Gomi was identical as fighters and that Gomi would easily beat Melvin loooooooooooooooool

1. Are they not both heavy handed wingers who can't defend submissions for their life and both loss horribly to Nate? While one guy loss to fighters Melvin couldn't and wouldn't even beat. Where as the latter(melvin) loses just out-right horribly to a guy who named himself, J-lo.

2. Being clearly passed it does not mean overrated. It means he is done.

People hyped him when he was coming to the UFC. Yes. Figured he'd get a spring of life. He loss to KenFlo; top 3 LW. Knocked out well-known and decent journeyman in Tyson Griffin whom never been stopped before. Then loses to a top 5 LW in Guida. Then loses to a Top 3 LW again in Nate Diaz. Hmmmmm. See the pattern in comp? Not exactly bums he's losing to.

I don't even mean to offend but if your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese product when he is obviously past prime. Then yes, you don't know ****.

You, yourself even said he is passed it, yet you want to call him overrated. Doesn't make sense.

ƒallenloki
11-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Kid spent his best years in Japan and now he's also squandered his talents.

SLIMY RAT
11-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Just listen to Chael Sonnen on japan at 6.15.. he knows what's up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SR2hrItaNy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaps
11-13-2011, 11:22 PM

What exactly does Guillard do better than Gomi? Besides get hurt easier?

F l i c k e r
11-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Kid spent his best years in Japan and now he's also squandered his talents.

I agree. Thing is, before he even came to UFC. He was losing. He had a string of losses after the elbow injury and then came to the UFC to only lose some more. :dunno:

Just listen to Chael Sonnen on japan at 6.15.. he knows what's up

Nah. Gomi was knocking guys unconscious and finishing fights. Gomi didn't get gifts by a ref with an earpiece. When he loss, he loss. Otherwise Sergey and Hansen wouldn't be losses on his record.

SLIMY RAT
11-13-2011, 11:45 PM
But bro i just don't understand why pretty much most of these fighters fail the minute they stepped out of Japan, can you explain it to me?

F l i c k e r
11-14-2011, 12:10 AM
But bro i just don't understand why pretty much most of these fighters fail the minute they stepped out of Japan, can you explain it to me?

Poor training quality.

Most of them focus on skills and not the fitness aspect of the game. Sure they are ripped but they don't have elite strength or have the cardio to back it up.

Look at Okami and Akiyama.

They focus on the conditioning portion of the game, train as hard as the top guys. Okami even trains with Chael. So they compete extremely well even though they lack in certain skill areas.

Guys like Gomi and KID though. They are passed it. Gomi is too lazy. KID went through severe injuries; broken elbow, torn acl.

I mean, KID in his prime went toe to toe with Masato in K-1 and knocked him down. We are talking a featherweight knocking down a Middleweight(boxing 154).

Mohammedini
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
1. Are they not both heavy handed wingers who can't defend submissions for their life and both loss horribly to Nate? While one guy loss to fighters Melvin couldn't and wouldn't even beat. Where as the latter(melvin) loses just out-right horribly to a guy who named himself, J-lo.

2. Being clearly passed it does not mean overrated. It means he is done.

People hyped him when he was coming to the UFC. Yes. Figured he'd get a spring of life. He loss to KenFlo; top 3 LW. Knocked out well-known and decent journeyman in Tyson Griffin whom never been stopped before. Then loses to a top 5 LW in Guida. Then loses to a Top 3 LW again in Nate Diaz. Hmmmmm. See the pattern in comp? Not exactly bums he's losing to.

I don't even mean to offend but if your going to use Gomi as an example for overrated japanese product when he is obviously past prime. Then yes, you don't know ****.

You, yourself even said he is passed it, yet you want to call him overrated. Doesn't make sense.
Wait wooooot????
And Melvin guillard losing horribly to Diaz? are you ****ing kidding me? Melvin dropped Diaz like 3 times and like an idiot jumped in to a guillotine in the second round.
Nate Diaz being top 3? and you say I no nothing about mma?:rofl:

Melvin is absolutely a better striker technically. Have you ever seen Gomi throw a straight left hand? the guy is basically a one handed southpaw with that right hook.
Melvin, who has absolutely horrible striking defense, Is a good counter puncher, very accurate, and has excellent TDD.
So in your mind, every guy who keep it standing and knocks people out is identical?
And you say I know nothing about mma :rofl:

Mohammedini
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Poor training quality.

Most of them focus on skills and not the fitness aspect of the game. Sure they are ripped but they don't have elite strength or have the cardio to back it up.

Look at Okami and Akiyama.

They focus on the conditioning portion of the game, train as hard as the top guys. Okami even trains with Chael. So they compete extremely well even though they lack in certain skill areas.

Guys like Gomi and KID though. They are passed it. Gomi is too lazy. KID went through severe injuries; broken elbow, torn acl.

I mean, KID in his prime went toe to toe with Masato in K-1 and knocked him down. We are talking a featherweight knocking down a Middleweight(boxing 154). Thats junior middleweight in boxing my friend. And don't use "FW" from mma and then "MW" from boxing(actually JMW vs a welter weight ) lol

F l i c k e r
11-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Wait wooooot????
And Melvin guillard losing horribly to Diaz? are you ****ing kidding me? Melvin dropped Diaz like 3 times and like an idiot jumped in to a guillotine in the second round.
Nate Diaz being top 3? and you say I no nothing about mma?:rofl:

Melvin is absolutely a better striker technically. Have you ever seen Gomi throw a straight left hand? the guy is basically a one handed southpaw with that right hook.
Melvin, who has absolutely horrible striking defense, Is a good counter puncher, very accurate, and has excellent TDD.
So in your mind, every guy who keep it standing and knocks people out is identical?
And you say I know nothing about mma :rofl:

Okay. Before I actually thought you were credible and had some good knowledge, even a good poster. Now after this post. You have definitely lost some of that from me.

Nate jumps weight classes. When he is in the LW division. He is easily top 3. Only person that kept him from getting a title shot is Gray ****ing Maynard. Who didn't even stand up with him. Why? Because Nate is that good on the feet.

Fact is. A shell of the Fireball Kid has taken loses to better competition than ALL of Melvin's losses and wins for that matter. Melvin is a guy who loss to ****ing Rich Clementi in 1 round. Loss to Joe Stevenson in 1 round. Loss to Joe Lauzon in 1 round. Stop talking out your ass. Everyone on this forum knows Melvin ain't **** special but a talented dumbass. MMA's Zab Judah. Melvin won't beat KenFlo, Nate, or Guida. He'd be lucky to even escape 1 round with either of them. Seeing how he has worse sub defense than Gomi. Melvin ****ing dives into submissions head first, while not even gassed. At least Gomi is gassed before doing some dumb **** like that(ref: Nick fight).

He can't throw a straight?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2luogy.gif

Wait..... Did Gomi just drop a hammer on the same dude who beat Amir ****ing Sadollah? :thinking:

Honestly. Gomi ain't what he used to be. But GTFO if you think a passed prime fighter is overrated.

SLIMY RAT
11-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Not just on about these fighters from Japan but guys who were based there..

Crocop/Fedor/Silva etc..

Surely they didn't all fall out of their primes as soon as they left Japan :lol1: ?

F l i c k e r
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Crocop/Fedor/Silva etc..

Surely they didn't all fall out of their primes as soon as they left Japan :lol1: ?

They are all old though. CroCop spent most of his prime kickboxing and the rest of his peak at Pride. Silva is old man. Wandy didn't even immediately come to the UFC. He spent alot of time doing nothing before going to the UFC. Add his damage accumulation, he was shot by the time he was in UFC.

Fedor lasted the longest but he was overrated in the states. I even got bashed for saying it on here. :lol1:

Rampage, Shogun, Hendo, and Anderson seem to be doing well. :dunno:

Konstantin
11-14-2011, 06:04 PM

Crocop/Fedor/Silva etc..

They're doin better than their UFC contemporaries. Chuck Liddell :lol1:

Big BRICKS
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Two words: Yellow card

$Natedatpkid$
11-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Seriously gomi gets raped By guillard. Lauzon is so underrated its not even funny. Lauzon would destroy gomi too. Gomi was terribly overrated. Feeds right into melvins style. Guillard wouldnt be dumb enough to go after gomi. Gomi would get a brutal ass espontáneo in a schooling of striking technique and run into a huge shot that puts him to sleep.

Kid was legit. He actually had skills. Injuries and being a victim of his own success got to him. Got to full of himself but curran was one of the élite in their sick fight and bebé is crazy good too. Kid was no ****ing joke. Seriously who can recover in mma with a 3 year off especially a smaller guy who needs speed.

Dice
11-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Seriously gomi gets raped By guillard. Lauzon is so underrated its not even funny. Lauzon would destroy gomi too. Gomi was terribly overrated. Feeds right into melvins style. Guillard wouldnt be dumb enough to go after gomi. Gomi would get a brutal ass espontáneo in a schooling of striking technique and run into a huge shot that puts him to sleep.

Kid was legit. He actually had skills. Injuries and being a victim of his own success got to him. Got to full of himself but curran was one of the élite in their sick fight and bebé is crazy good too. Kid was no ****ing joke. Seriously who can recover in mma with a 3 year off especially a smaller guy who needs speed.

Lauzon aint underrated, I think hes justly rated. Everytime he steps up and can make himself an official contender he blows it from the loss to Florian way back, to his loss to Sam Stout then to getting tapped out by G Sot.

I will admit that now it looks like his striking is catching up too his grappling as shown in the last two fights but Melvin has a tendancy to ose to guys hes not supposed to so I gotta see Joe beat another top tier contender before im truely sold. I do think Lauzon is that dude and he always looks to finish, you gotta love that.

As far as KID goes,he was viewed as elite so i put him under the same pressure. Shogun blew both knees and god knows how many other body parts, plenty of people have been injured. I will give him a pass for the 3 year layoff but when your supposed to be elite that ***** shakes off after a fight or two. Also his layoff and injuries have nothing to do with my main criticism of him, him being a wrestler in high school and still having ***** TDD. His pops wrestled in the dam olympics and if memory serves me correct, he learned his wrestling in Arizona.

Dont get me wrong, I like Kid, i like his stand up but felt with the wrestling background his family and him have there was no reason he should be getting taken down and held down especially by the last guy he fought.

U gotta show love tho to anyone who can fight Masato in his own game and drop him

kaps
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Guillard is probably the most overrated fighter ever....

F l i c k e r
11-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Yes. Because a guy with 40 fights, who happened to also fight some pretty big hitters and never get knocked out will suddenly get knocked out by a guy who is no better than Charles Bennett. Whom also hit Huerta with everything he had and didn't even phase him.

Guillard ain't Nate. Those short ass arms and wild swings will get him Azeredo'd.

$Natedatpkid$
11-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes. Because a guy with 40 fights, who happened to also fight some pretty big hitters and never get knocked out will suddenly get knocked out by a guy who is no better than Charles Bennett. Whom also hit Huerta with everything he had and didn't even phase him.

Guillard ain't Nate. Those short ass arms and wild swings will get him Azeredo'd.

Your kidding right? And crazy horse even gave gomi a tough fight. Guillard is the most physically gifted athlete and most skilled strikers in the game. How is the huerta fight even relevant to now? Huerta has never ko'd and was young and prime. Gomi is shot as hell. Hes so ****in slow with no gas tank and how you going to call melvin wild who can throw crisp accurate shots, but defend gomi whose offense AND defense is throwing wild punches from far left field. Guillard is an excellent striker going backwards and counterpunching with huge shots. Thats all his KOs or how they start when he hurts them. He cant come forward but gomi will glady come walking in hands low chin down which would be the easy fight in melvins life. Nate has Better power then melvin? LOL thats the biggest nutthugger statement from a gomi fan to defend him. Nates striking has improved which has improved his power. Earlier in his career he couldnt stop nobody but now he can but dont be dumb and act like he has one shot power and be even crazier to think its even on the Same map as guillards which CONSISTENTLY puts people to sleep.

Prime for Prime: Guillard easy unanimous decisión as long as it isnt in japan to get robbed.

It happened today Guillard would put him to sleep. Dont be ignorant and realize Gomi is done.

F l i c k e r
11-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Gomi beats Guillard prime or passed it. Guillard for one can't defend submissions for ****. He'd just get Bennett'd. A passed it Gomi STILL beats Guillard.

I can't believe you defend a fighter who can't beat any legit opponent. He looks great beating up on bums and prospects. Then the first legit fighter he fights after his streak of beating bums... LOSS. Beat some bums, lose to Stevenson. Fight Clementi, loss. Some more bums, loss to Nate. Some more bums, loss to Lauzon who is on the same tier as Griffin.

Your defending a guy who loss to JOSH NEER. Gtfo bro. Your blinded by your love for an athletic idiot.

And who said Nate had more power. Nate's standup is 10 fold what Melvin's is. One guy loops punches. The other throws straight, pinpoint punches. Yeah. 10 fold.

Melvin is Zab Judah. Looks great beating up bums. First legit opponent, loss. Get over it.

Gomi > Melvin. PERIOD.

Specially when his athleticism means jack **** losing to guys who aren't great at any part of the game like Clementi. Hell, Bennett is even better than Melvin. Bennett beating KJ Noons is a better win than anything Melvin has done.

10 years from now. People will continue talking about Gomi. No one will talk about Melvin Guillard.

And no one even rates Gomi high anymore anyways. He's loss but to competition A THOUSAND TIMES better than Guillard has ever beat.

F l i c k e r
11-16-2011, 01:07 AM
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/LayzieTheSavage/charles-bennett_kj-noons.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/LauzonGuillardUFC136.gif

$Natedatpkid$
11-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Melvin hasnt even reached his full potential yet hes just entered his prime. Hes had so much experience as a youth, hes matured into a world class fighter at team jackson. Its either your hate for melvin or gomis Dick to far down your throat thats its blinding you from reality. Bringing up fights from 5 years ago. Hes fought Better grapplers then neer and clementi since those losses and won easily. You see Ronnie torres is beasting his way up the ranks and he couldnt even keep melvin down long enough to establish any position and hes a high glasd ground fighter. Dunham just got robbed against sherk whose world class and would crush gomi, and dominated efrain, tyson griffin, and marcos aurelio who is famous for giving gomi in his prime a loss and lost a close decisión in the rematch that could of gone either way. And if fights from 5+ years ago aré relevant to you since your still living in the past with gomi, he lost close fights to relevant fighters like Guida and franca who fought for the title before dunham beat him.

Dunham was a huge underdog. Probably a 2-1, 3-1 maybe even 4 or 5-1 favorite over melvin because he had great bjj and crisper striking. Then melvin brutally anahilated him. Dunham would pick gomi apart and tap him like both diazs. Roller was a good wrestler with submissions before melvin only lost to world beaters like bendo and pettis he beat jamie varner. And who the **** is kj noons? WTF has he ever done? Beat young diaz on cuts, and old yves edwards big whoop. Melvin is ten times the fighter whose fought consistently Better fighters then noons. Joe Lauzon is Better then masdival.

Melvin crushed siver who was emerging as a top 10 fighter until he lost to cerrone whos solidfied himself as a top 10 guy. Siver would outstrike gomi at this point. Gomi never fought any good counterpunchers at a highclass level til he went to the ufc and got elabore and embarrassed constantly. Melvins too fast with crazy too good footwork its not even fair and you saw how guidas footwork embarassed gomi.

Like seriously get real dude. Let go of the past which is gomi and get with the future with bendo. Guillard is still improving. Your posts aré so irónic you make yourself look foolish bu saying crap like diaz is a better striker since melvin loops even tho before the gomi fight diaz threw the most loopiest punches since chuck liddell. Davis outboxed diaz punch for punch until diaz volume took over. Guillard smashed daviss face up easily. Not to mention Guillard gave diaz a Better fight then gomi even landed some vicious shots to diaz even dropping him with straight shots. GTFOutta here!

Fearless
11-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Since his injury while trying to make it to the Olympics Kid has never been the same.

He used to be REAL aggressive, as though he gon come and kill you.

Or maybe Zambidis threw a swing of his sledgehammer + wrecking ball hook.

Or maybe its cos he divorced Maria?

kaps
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Melvin hasnt even reached his full potential yet hes just entered his prime. Hes had so much experience as a youth, hes matured into a world class fighter at team jackson. Its either your hate for melvin or gomis Dick to far down your throat thats its blinding you from reality. Bringing up fights from 5 years ago. Hes fought Better grapplers then neer and clementi since those losses and won easily. You see Ronnie torres is beasting his way up the ranks and he couldnt even keep melvin down long enough to establish any position and hes a high glasd ground fighter. Dunham just got robbed against sherk whose world class and would crush gomi, and dominated efrain, tyson griffin, and marcos aurelio who is famous for giving gomi in his prime a loss and lost a close decisión in the rematch that could of gone either way. And if fights from 5+ years ago aré relevant to you since your still living in the past with gomi, he lost close fights to relevant fighters like Guida and franca who fought for the title before dunham beat him.

Dunham was a huge underdog. Probably a 2-1, 3-1 maybe even 4 or 5-1 favorite over melvin because he had great bjj and crisper striking. Then melvin brutally anahilated him. Dunham would pick gomi apart and tap him like both diazs. Roller was a good wrestler with submissions before melvin only lost to world beaters like bendo and pettis he beat jamie varner. And who the **** is kj noons? WTF has he ever done? Beat young diaz on cuts, and old yves edwards big whoop. Melvin is ten times the fighter whose fought consistently Better fighters then noons. Joe Lauzon is Better then masdival.

Melvin crushed siver who was emerging as a top 10 fighter until he lost to cerrone whos solidfied himself as a top 10 guy. Siver would outstrike gomi at this point. Gomi never fought any good counterpunchers at a highclass level til he went to the ufc and got elabore and embarrassed constantly. Melvins too fast with crazy too good footwork its not even fair and you saw how guidas footwork embarassed gomi.

Like seriously get real dude. Let go of the past which is gomi and get with the future with bendo. Guillard is still improving. Your posts aré so irónic you make yourself look foolish bu saying crap like diaz is a better striker since melvin loops even tho before the gomi fight diaz threw the most loopiest punches since chuck liddell. Davis outboxed diaz punch for punch until diaz volume took over. Guillard smashed daviss face up easily. Not to mention Guillard gave diaz a Better fight then gomi even landed some vicious shots to diaz even dropping him with straight shots. GTFOutta here!

LOL @ thinking Guillard is better than Masvidal, and LMAO @ thinking he's a better striker than Nate....

$Natedatpkid$
11-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Please wild franca, markham and wild gomi aré the only people diaz has looked phenomal in striking but their all wild brawlers. The Same neer yall aré bashing diaz was lucky as hell to escape with a decisión and melvin was beating the ***** outta him until he got caught and the only reason nate beat melvin was because a dumb takedowb attemtpt

hayZ
11-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Crocop/Fedor/Silva etc..

Fedor was still kicking ass until 2010 thats 3 years after Pride folded. You could see though he wasn't the same fighter around 2008 though, he lost some of that muscle mass and he wasn't as quick and agile.

They are ageing + in the UFC there aren't any easy fights really compared to Pride where they could feed you some bums and occassionally give you a strong opponent.

F l i c k e r
11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Please wild franca, markham and wild gomi aré the only people diaz has looked phenomal in striking but their all wild brawlers. The Same neer yall aré bashing diaz was lucky as hell to escape with a decisión and melvin was beating the ***** outta him until he got caught and the only reason nate beat melvin was because a dumb takedowb attemtpt

Yeah. Story of his career there, right?

This is a guy who loss to Joe Stevenson of all people. Stevenson ONLY does guillotine chokes. That's literally ALL he does. Guillotine chokes. He's not good a **** else but guillotine chokes. And guess what Guillard finds himself in? .....A GUILLOTINE. :rofl:

You talk irony. Look at your post. You talk wild striking. Melvin is the epitome that ****. Sure, he knocked out some bum with a straight. Then he fights a guy with some form of striking ability(Nate, Jlo) and gets overwhelmed. Attempting what you call "dumb takedowns".

Even more Ironic. You act like Guillard is entering his prime. This guy has been fighting since high school. He's not entering his prime. His prime is over. 28 years old. His prime is DONE.

Fact is. Every legit opponent Guillard has fought. He loss to. Period. He's not great.

And I don't act like Gomi is the Pride version. I know exactly what he is but I know he would beat Guillard. Whom your acting like is a 23 year old prodigy who can defend basic submission attempts.

I bet Guillard would find some way to lose to even Ralph Gracie.

And btw, I've been with Bendo since before he won the WEC title. :lol1: