View Full Version : Does Marquez rank above Morales and MAB NOW?

GrandpaBernard
11-13-2011, 02:47 AM
As far as I'm concerned Marquez undoubtedly won tonight's fight. It's irrefutable. He also has Floyd on his resume despite being schooled.

Morales beat pacman but didn't do as clean of a job as JMM. JMM managed to beat the "new and improved" version.

thoughts?

$coinblatt$
11-13-2011, 03:03 AM
I honestly don't give a **** what anybody says, Marquez CLEARLY won that fight. His style is just all wrong for Paquiao, im pissed but at the same time very proud of Marquez for proving everybody wrong.

IronDanHamza
11-13-2011, 03:19 AM
For many many years, I have repeated my opinion;

"Marquez is a level below Morales and Barrera"

Tonight, he changed my opinion.

chiguy91
11-13-2011, 03:21 AM
marquez is my personal favorite of the three even though i hold mab to high regards because he got me interested in boxing, but yeah, i think tonights unofficial win shows how great of a fighter he truly is.

Visceral
11-13-2011, 05:19 AM
I thought that even before tonight. The guy truly believes in himself and is just a smart warrior with massive cojones.

BOLLOCKS
11-13-2011, 05:22 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/foSS0BgkX4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DGJKk__QpBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flabulous
11-13-2011, 05:26 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/foSS0BgkX4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DGJKk__QpBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You tried to make a vid of Barrera schooling Marqeuz, but it looks like a Marquez highlight reel. :rofl:

MANIAC310
11-13-2011, 06:12 AM
....IMO yes

LIU KANG
11-13-2011, 06:26 AM
No he doesn't.

People do this with Jones and Hopkins a lot. JMM has aged better than Erik and Marco. But he still can't match their resumes. And FWIW, I don't believe JMM beat Marco, and sure as hell not by the margins that he was given. All that said, JMM deserves credit for this 3rd Pac fight and it does add to his resume.

EMACULATE
11-13-2011, 06:41 AM
As far as im concerned. I never really understood why and you can check my past post why Donaire jumped ahead of Marquez in the P4P rankings. Marquez has only in my opinion dodged a fight with the Ghost. Which on a business side makes since and he would be crazy to retire if Arum really offers him 15 million for a rematch.

Irony

Southpaw Floyd fought a young hungry though inmature and inexperienced Ortiz for preparation for Pacquaio and besides the sucker punch was schooling the younger man on the art of a good jab and the straight right. Ortiz just couldn't get away from the straight right hand and was so frustrated that he had to head butt mayweather to cause any significant damage.

Counter Puncher and Circling to change the angles.

Pacquaio showed problems in the Cotto/Mosley fight with a guy with some ability to circle and keep there distance. Though this is running to avoid punishment it also thwarts his offense. To be perfectly honest there was no reason to stop the Cotto fight with the little time they had left and Cotto had taken worst punishment earlier. If Pac couldnt solve the movement piece and learn to cut off the ring to create his own angles the what would he do against a maser boxer like Floyd.

Has Mannys energy level went down or is he more cautios with Marquez because of the Counters. Its hard for me to believe that Marquez hits harder than Cotto and Cotto caught Pac with some hard shots. Although Cotto cant handle a quick handed hard puncher with great stamina, he kind of froze PAC with a good Jab and movement later in the fight. I guess we know now why Roach tries to gain every advantage that he can and thid time im so glad that it back fired. Marquez should atleast get 50/50 if he fights Pac again.

Clear sign of who won the fight is Roach and Arum saying Marquez deserves another fight with Manny. Please somebody show me once where Marquez even mentions a rematch. Hes clearly tired of getting robbed and I dont blame him. Cramps my anus. Skills pay the bills.

The Surgeon
11-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Ahh the Three Amigo's! :sombrero:

Man i cant split these guys, they are ALL ATG level fighters and all a pleasure to have watched

The Surgeon
11-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Not that it would settle who is better but **** it lets have Morales vs Marquez for the WBC strap at 140 next! Finish this thing....

Its the only match up in the JMM, Pac, Morales, MAB rivalry that hasnt been made and faded or not style wise it will be FIRE :boxing:

IronDanHamza
11-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Ahh the Three Amigo's! :sombrero:

Man i cant split these guys, they are ALL ATG level fighters and all a pleasure to have watched

I used to always refuse to adknowledge them as the '3 amigos'.

No disrespect to Marquez, but I just thought resume and greatness wise, he wasn't at that level.

Skill and ability of course he was, but resume? I didn't think so.

Last night he has shut me the f*ck up. Forever!

If there was ever any doubt he well and truley earned his right to be one of the Amigo's amongst his 2 countrymen.

IronDanHamza
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Not that it would settle who is better but **** it lets have Morales vs Marquez for the WBC strap at 140 next! Finish this thing....

Its the only match up in the JMM, Pac, Morales, MAB rivalry that hasnt been made and faded or not style wise it will be FIRE :boxing:

Nah, I really don't want to see that.

That ship has long sailed. Marquez maybe the older of the two but Morales is way way way past it. He really has no business still fighting.

Marquez should move to 140 and take legit fights there.

Maidanna, Gurrero, Bradley etc Plenty of great fights for him left in his tank there.

Maybe even 147, he's not big at the weight but I think after his last performance he could pull off some good wins.

The only fighter I think will comprehensively beat him at this stage at 140 or 147 is Mayweather.

But please no Morales.

crold1
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Chalk me up as big time in favor of Morales. That's still a war. As to his ranking, the Casamayor and Diaz wins settled this a while ago when coupled with the first two Pac wins, at least in terms of belonging. Above? It's tough to say. Marquez has lasted longer but that's because the other two were in epics way back in 96 and 97 while Marquez was boring the socks off folks. Barrera and Marquez was life and death when Marquez had more in the tank. IT's just a hell of a fab four with tres amigos and Manny.

The Surgeon
11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Nah, I really don't want to see that.

That ship has long sailed. Marquez maybe the older of the two but Morales is way way way past it. He really has no business still fighting.

Marquez should move to 140 and take legit fights there.

Maidanna, Gurrero, Bradley etc Plenty of great fights for him left in his tank there.

Maybe even 147, he's not big at the weight but I think after his last performance he could pull off some good wins.

The only fighter I think will comprehensively beat him at this stage at 140 or 147 is Mayweather.

But please no Morales.

After that Pacman fight, should he continue (and i think he will), i see Marquez doing his buisness at 140 from now on. Effectively too.

147 is too much tho i think.

Morales i Love and would like to see retire again, he is far more gone than Juan but if he insists on fighting then it might as well be against Marquez coz Khan, Bradley and co beat him anyway. Just my take.

Im just thinking what a great fight Marquez vs Cotto at 140 would have been.....