View Full Version : Nickname for Cain Velasquez ?

Ring Leader
11-09-2011, 03:11 PM
What you think it should be? add your suggestions

Sugar Cain
Co Cain
Candy Cain
Mexi Cain

After Nov 12, 2011

Former Champ :fing02: :boxing:

EngorgedW/K.O's
11-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Phaggot would be a good nickname for him.

Grapes
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
.... says kimbo nuthugger .... ?

F l i c k e r
11-09-2011, 05:28 PM
KO-Cain Velasquez. :lol1:

Harry Balls
11-09-2011, 07:06 PM
cain don't need a nickname. hes just cain, the baddest dude on the planet.

$BloodyNate$
11-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Awwwwwhahahahahahaha candy cain hahahahhahahahahana

But once dos santos hits him hes gonna shatter like a candy cane.

Ring Leader
11-09-2011, 07:57 PM
cain don't need a nickname. hes just cain, the baddest dude on the planet.

This man is, even retired he is badder than Candy Cain :boxing:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lFHUqrdpoYY/TMZVBR4QOJI/AAAAAAAAAFM/CVPMHlpm9t8/s1600/Mike_Tyson97_Wallpaper_1024.jpg

Harry Balls
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
tyson had the physical and technical tools to be considered the baddest dude on the planet, but not the mentality.

Ring Leader
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
tyson had the physical and technical tools to be considered the baddest dude on the planet, but not the mentality.

Mike Tyson literally was the baddest man on the planet, the guy beat up guys on the street and great KO's. Listen to his interveiws about eating children and making the other fighter his girlfreind.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f6cFxWgLqHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kqny6e_YSrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Name one fighter badder than him. Cain is not a bad man, he is actually a nice man

Harry Balls
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
lol.. i guess the term baddest man on the planet is not equal to most insane or absurd. Tyson definitely filled the criteria for a while, but hes not the baddest of all time, and he is mentally weak.

I'd take Foreman or Liston 100x before i'd pick tyson.

But right now, no one can consistently beat cain velasquez in a fight so hes the baddest man on the planet.

Ring Leader
11-09-2011, 08:41 PM
lol.. i guess the term baddest man on the planet is not equal to most insane or absurd. Tyson definitely filled the criteria for a while, but hes not the baddest of all time, and he is mentally weak.

I'd take Foreman or Liston 100x before i'd pick tyson.

But right now, no one can consistently beat cain velasquez in a fight so hes the baddest man on the planet.

You are confusing fighting ability with being "bad"

*Mike Tyson knocked people out
*Mike Tyson wanted to eat children
*Mike Tyson wanted to eat his heart
*Mike Tyson asked reporters for blow jobs
*Mike Tyson beat up people in the street
*Mike Tyson wanted to make Tyrell Biggs his girlfriend
*Mike Tyson used to change his look in the streets so someone would try to rob him just so he can knock them out

Just to say a few things...Cain Velasquez looks a little mean...but that means he is the baddest on the planet???...uhhh noooo

Harry Balls
11-09-2011, 08:48 PM
"baddest man on the planet" started with tyson, but has since evolved to just meaning the hw champ basically. Especially in mma, going from fedor, to brock to cain.

F l i c k e r
11-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Royce > Tyson

All it takes is the takedown. Tyson ends up being a flipped cow.

Big BRICKS
11-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Royce > Tyson

All it takes is the takedown. Tyson ends up being a flipped cow.

Come on now....

Harry Balls
11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
i don't think royce has the athletic ability to take tyson down before hes ktfo. well on the ground tyson is a fish out of water, but i don't see it ending up there.

vs a really good explosive wrestler on the other hand....

F l i c k e r
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
He doesn't even need to do the standard, get in range and shoot thing. Royce could literally go for the foot takedown. Ankle pick is what i think it's called. Right off the bat. This is a guy who bare knuckle, dojo-yaburi, before fighting in the UFC.

Tyson wouldn't know what is happening. Then next thing you know. He's being choked out. Even with in the scuffle with Lewis, he ended up on the ground. :lol1:

N!GGALAS CAGE
11-10-2011, 12:58 AM
He should change the spelling of his name from Cain to "Kane" and wear a mask with a Mexican flag to the cage.

His nickname could be the big red, white and green machine.

A reference, for all the wrestling fans here.

BKM-2010
11-10-2011, 07:51 AM
LOL @ "Mexi-Cain"

jabsRstiff
11-10-2011, 10:51 AM
"Herman" Cain Velasquez

Mohammedini
11-10-2011, 12:12 PM
WTF's up with the Tyson bashing on this tread?
Picking Sonny Liston 100X's over Tyson? are you ****ing crazy? Liston Fought bums most of his career before he got a titleshot against Floyd Patterson who had the weakest chin of any hw Champ in history except for maybe Michael Moorer.
The guys 2 only important wins of his career was against Floyd Patterson and thats almost it.
Tyson was the HW champ at the age of 21, Unified the belts and beat a lot better opponents then Liston.
And WTF do you mean with "i pick them over Tyson a 100X's" picking what?
Mentality? His coach and the closest thing to a father he had died, the guy who made him, his manager and best friend died too plus his sister died all within a close time.
Tyson had awesome technique and was a warrior but he started using drugs and stopped training seriously.
If Cus Amoto had still been alive he could have easily been a ATG

Big BRICKS
11-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Cain "Goya" Velasquez

Harry Balls
11-10-2011, 08:24 PM
And WTF do you mean with "i pick them over Tyson a 100X's" picking what?
Stronger mentally, more badass, more intimidating. Clearly better fighters.

Clear enough for you?

Tyson is still awesome. Not as awesome or intimidating as Foreman obviously.

BKM-2010
11-11-2011, 05:29 AM

Clear enough for you?

You don't know what you're talking about. Tyson, Foreman as well as Liston were all 'bullies'. Liston freaking tried blinding his opponent when he was losing for the first time. Then quit as well as in the rematch. Foreman was broken when Ali stood up to him. Was never the same again. Quit the sport soon after that. So don't just put that on Tyson.

Harry Balls
11-11-2011, 07:08 AM
You don't know what you're talking about. Tyson, Foreman as well as Liston were all 'bullies'. Liston freaking tried blinding his opponent when he was losing for the first time. Then quit as well as in the rematch. Foreman was broken when Ali stood up to him. Was never the same again. Quit the sport soon after that. So don't just put that on Tyson.

So if i say one is mentally stronger than the other, i put that only on one guy?

Who are you to tell me what i should think? To me the men mentioned appears more "badass" than Tyson. For the reasons i mentioned.
You could try to refute that, but you would get nowhere.

D-MiZe
11-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Big Daddy Cain

Cloud
11-11-2011, 07:34 AM
He doesnt need a nickname. Bad man in the cage..

JDS, imo, will test his chin. Cain's chin didnt hold up too well against Kongo for those few seconds in their fight years ago. I think JDS is a better boxer and the best boxer in the division. I reckon he's got a bigger bang in the punch too....

...All said and such, Cain has great wrestling. It all depends whether or not Junior can defend well against the takedowns. Gonzaga couldnt keep him on the floor but Cain and Gonzaga are two very different fighters.

Plus, Cain seems to improve everytime you see him fight. His striking looks better when he fights too.

BKM-2010
11-11-2011, 10:38 AM
So if i say one is mentally stronger than the other, i put that only on one guy?

Who are you to tell me what i should think? To me the men mentioned appears more "badass" than Tyson. For the reasons i mentioned.
You could try to refute that, but you would get nowhere.

I already refuted them, partner. lol @ "don't tell me what to think". Then why are you so insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts?

You said Liston and Foreman were more badass than Tyson because Tyson was a bully type of fighter. Yet both of them were much worse bullies than him. Hell, Tyson took his first asswhooping loss way better than Liston or Foreman did. Liston tried cheating and later quit. Foreman broke and was never the same, soon quit. Tyson still tried to get up to fight while picking up his mouthpiece, and he was whooping ass again right after that loss.

JAB5239
11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I already refuted them, partner. lol @ "don't tell me what to think". Then why are you so insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts?

You're a trollling moron, seriouslly. He wasn't trying to force anything, he was stating it. Seems you have issues with others expressing their opinions.

You said Liston and Foreman were more badass than Tyson because Tyson was a bully type of fighter. Yet both of them were much worse bullies than him. Hell, Tyson took his first asswhooping loss way better than Liston or Foreman did. Liston tried cheating and later quit. Foreman broke and was never the same, soon quit. Tyson still tried to get up to fight while picking up his mouthpiece, and he was whooping ass again right after that loss.

Tyson took his first loss from Buster Douglas, Foreman from arguably the greatest heavyweight in history. Can you see the difference? As far as Liston goes...there is no proof, only speculation that he cheated. And he was up and fighting in the rematch when Walcott wrongly stopped the fight, he didn't quit. So why are you ""insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts"?

BKM-2010
11-11-2011, 05:41 PM
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Navy"]
You're a trollling moron, seriouslly. He wasn't trying to force anything, he was stating it. Seems you have issues with others expressing their opinions.

U mad? The only moron is you. Have this ya crybaby:bottle:

Haha what's this, do you stalk me now? I bet you go through my post history just to look me up and start ****. You haven't answered my question in that other thread jabby. so don't get emotional, this isn't about you and don't make every thread about you. I'm not getting into another flame war with you in this section as well. STOP BAITING.

Tyson took his first loss from Buster Douglas, Foreman from arguably the greatest heavyweight in history. Can you see the difference? As far as Liston goes...there is no proof, only speculation that he cheated. And he was up and fighting in the rematch when Walcott wrongly stopped the fight, he didn't quit. So why are you ""insisting to force your opinion which cannot be proven with facts"?

What are you talking about? Read. This is about these guys being bullies and the first time they faced a loss. I explained perfectly how Tyson took his first loss much better than either Liston or Foreman, so for someone to say Liston and Foreman were more badass because Tyson was a bully, it obviously is incorrect and flawed. Prime Tyson anyway. If Harry Balls feels that way about post-prison Tyson I don't have much to disagree with.

Harry Balls
11-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Because it is my opinion. Just like some people think one girl is hotter than the other.
If you feel more intimidated, or think Tysons aura is more "badass" than Foreman or Liston then feel that way.

You said Liston and Foreman were more badass than Tyson because Tyson was a bully type of fighter. Yet both of them were much worse bullies than him.
I never said anything like that. It is YOU who have steered YOUR part of the discussion that way.

Wait, weren't you banned in the history section?

Hell, Tyson took his first asswhooping loss way better than Liston or Foreman did. Liston tried cheating and later quit. Foreman broke and was never the same, soon quit. Tyson still tried to get up to fight while picking up his mouthpiece, and he was whooping ass again right after that loss.
Even IF this was true, i don't see how that makes my opinion wrong.
Tyson lost because of his mental weakness. Foreman lost because he was an inferior fighter.

And the bottom line is. I think they are more badass than Tyson. Tyson losing to buster douglas compared to foreman losing to Ali has very little to do with that.

http://wtfcontent.com/img/130192680829.jpg

BKM-2010
11-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Because it is my opinion. Just like some people think one girl is hotter than the other.
If you feel more intimidated, or think Tysons aura is more "badass" than Foreman or Liston then feel that way.

I never said anything like that. It is YOU who have steered YOUR part of the discussion that way.

Wait, weren't you banned in the history section?

Even IF this was true, i don't see how that makes my opinion wrong.
Tyson lost because of his mental weakness. Foreman lost because he was an inferior fighter.

And the bottom line is. I think they are more badass than Tyson. Tyson losing to buster douglas compared to foreman losing to Ali has very little to do with that.

My opinion would be that none of them are. I'd go for Marvin Hagler since he could take it just as good as dishing it out. I don't have problems with your opinion but saying Tyson was weaker mentally than Liston and Foreman is not much of an opinion. It's either a fact or it's wrong.

And what you pretty much said was that the other 2 were more "badass" than Tyson because Tyson was weaker mentally, right? That's why I'm pointing out Tyson was stronger mentally than both in his prime by looking at their first losses which shows their mental toughness. Your problem is you're repeating popular phrases about Tyson.

Foreman losing cause he was inferior fighter yet tyson was weaker mentally is idiotic. I don't think anyone can watch Foreman-Ali and Tyson-Douglass and come to that conclusion. But fine believe what you want to believe.

Harry Balls
11-11-2011, 08:44 PM
My opinion would be that none of them are. I'd go for Marvin Hagler since he could take it just as good as dishing it out. I don't have problems with your opinion but saying Tyson was weaker mentally than Liston and Foreman is not much of an opinion. It's either a fact or it's wrong.
I'd agree with Hagler, but my point about Foreman and Liston were in regards to most intimidating heavyweights.

I'm convinced my opinion on this is correct. I don't feel you pointing out a difference in handling defeat vs Douglas compared to Ali changes that. You should look at the body of work and intangibles rather than one isolated happening.
Feel free to change my mind. I hate being wrong, so when I'm proven wrong I'm very happy to change my opinion.

And what you pretty much said was that the other 2 were more "badass" than Tyson because Tyson was weaker mentally, right? That's why I'm pointing out Tyson was stronger mentally than both in his prime by looking at their first losses which shows their mental toughness. Your problem is you're repeating popular phrases about Tyson.
I actually haven't repeated any phrase about tyson. I think hes a fantastic specimen and fighter whos shortcomings were very much because of his mind being weaker than his body.

Foreman losing cause he was inferior fighter yet tyson was weaker mentally is idiotic. I don't think anyone can watch Foreman-Ali and Tyson-Douglass and come to that conclusion. But fine believe what you want to believe.
To me, i don't think Foreman could beat a prime Ali, nonetheless the version he actually fought. His loss was very much because of being a worse athlete than ali, and in some ways due to strategical errors.

Tyson without all the bull**** he put himself through would have walked through Douglas. If you think Douglas fought above his own qualities that night, then fine. It's arguable. But mostly i feel Tyson lost that fight rather than douglas winning it.
And that is one tiny piece to paint the full picture. As i said, looking at the demeanor and the body of work i can't find much to suggest Tyson was mentally stronger than Foreman.

*** And to be clear. I didn't say Foreman/Liston were the mentally strongest heavyweights of all time. I said to me they are the most intimidating.

BKM-2010
11-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I'd agree with Hagler, but my point about Foreman and Liston were in regards to most intimidating heavyweights.

I'm convinced my opinion on this is correct. I don't feel you pointing out a difference in handling defeat vs Douglas compared to Ali changes that. You should look at the body of work and intangibles rather than one isolated happening.
Feel free to change my mind. I hate being wrong, so when I'm proven wrong I'm very happy to change my opinion.

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/pic2_32577.jpg

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/Images/foreman1.jpg

http://cyberboxingzone.com/images/liston-sonny-66.jpg

I wouldn't want to face any of the 3. I agree they're the 3 most intimidating heavyweights. If I was honest I'd be scared the most of Foreman physically but Tyson had the staredown.

To me, i don't think Foreman could beat a prime Ali, nonetheless the version he actually fought. His loss was very much because of being a worse athlete than ali, and in some ways due to strategical errors.

Tyson without all the bull**** he put himself through would have walked through Douglas. If you think Douglas fought above his own qualities that night, then fine. It's arguable. But mostly i feel Tyson lost that fight rather than douglas winning it.
And that is one tiny piece to paint the full picture. As i said, looking at the demeanor and the body of work i can't find much to suggest Tyson was mentally stronger than Foreman.

No that fight really shows what his time served in prison did to him as a fighter. People always say Tyson was passed it the moment he left Rooney but he never lost the heart untill he went to prison. It's unbelievable to me watching his will to win in that fight. He took so much punishment and never stopped trying. Even when he was down, he was still trying to pick up his mouthpiece to fight despite being so dazed. Neither Liston or young Foreman had that kind of mental toughness he displayed against DOuglass I don't think.

F l i c k e r
11-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Lol, Tyson was the most intimidating Boxer ever.

Honestly. As an 18 year old. He put fear into the hearts of full grown adults. Neither Liston, nor Foreman, nor Frazier could do that. People would step into that ring, stare at Tyson and lose before the first punch was thrown.

The very moment that aura was lifted by his first loss is when you finally get these guys; Holyfield, Lennox etc etc. Coming out of the wood work to fight him. Before then. People were just absolutely terrified of this man.

I'm not even big on Tyson but this much is evident during his boxing career.

Harry Balls
11-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Rumor has it even Tyson were intimidated by George to the point of not wanting to fight him. So i guess I'm not alone.

Mohammedini
11-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Clear enough for you?

Waiiiiiit, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT???????????????????
You know how good Tyson was skill wise?
To say that Liston was a better then Tyson you'll have to be a retard, seriously! Liston was a power puncher with freak reach of 84 inches who KO'd one of the glassiest jaws on any HW champ twice, thats it!
George Foreman had brutal power and a good jab, other then that there is nothing that Tyson doesn't do better then him.
Tysons defense, Tysons combination punching, Tysons counterpunching(extremely underrated), bodypunching...........
Liston was a quitter while Tyson still fought on while taking brutal punishment against Evander Holyfield in their first fight.
Mike Tysona after 4 years in prison was just a shell of his former self, so even counting his loss to Lewis and Evander Holyfield as he was just hype is pure bullsh1t.

Seriously how ****ing ignorant do you have to be to say something like that?
you don't even seem to know wtf you are talking about.

Marchegiano
11-12-2011, 09:42 AM
this here's the MMA section homies.

Cain The Train ain't never gonna stop.