View Full Version : Munoz vs Sonnen

Bobby No Sex
11-06-2011, 04:25 AM
i think i want to see this one. fawk the anderson silva fight i fawking hate that dude.

King of Sting
11-06-2011, 10:48 AM
i think i want to see this one. fawk the anderson silva fight i fawking hate that dude.Well, you hating a fighter as a reason for not wanting to see a rematch is a lame reason.

I'm not too knowledgeable about grappling, but, it will be interesting how the fight will turnout once it hits the ground, between Munoz and Sonnen. Both are solid wrestlers.

Sonnen has the edge in striking, imo. He's taller, knows how to use his reach, not a great striker by any means, but, has an idea how to use his physical tools to his advantage.

Munoz is f**kin' wild but has solid power, is really just a one-dimensional striker and worse, he telegraphs that overhand of his.

We already know that both are solid wrestlers, but, I couldn't tell ya who has the better BJJ.

dough401
11-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Not a good fight Sonnan Munoz, i know people will be hyped cause Munoz won and all but Chael would give him a beaten lol

shadeyfizzle
11-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Not a good fight Sonnan Munoz, i know people will be hyped cause Munoz won and all but Chael would give him a beaten lol

Itll be a much much more competitive fight than you would think on paper but the end result will be as you say.

I actually think munoz has the better standup by now and the better ground and pound. But the difference makers will be sonnen's smothering style that neutralizes any standup whatsoever and the fact that sonnen has shown the ability to fight off his back while munoz hasnt. If sonnen takes him down he's done for. But munoz has shown great wrestling ability even pressed up against the cage.

dough401
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Itll be a much much more competitive fight than you would think on paper but the end result will be as you say.

I actually think munoz has the better standup by now and the better ground and pound. But the difference makers will be sonnen's smothering style that neutralizes any standup whatsoever and the fact that sonnen has shown the ability to fight off his back while munoz hasnt. If sonnen takes him down he's done for. But munoz has shown great wrestling ability even pressed up against the cage.

He is very much improved over his last fights and thought he looked good but he is not ready for the champ or #1 contender fight just yet... Lets see him a couple more times to see how he does then we can talk about Anderson or Chael at that point

shadeyfizzle
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
He is very much improved over his last fights and thought he looked good but he is not ready for the champ or #1 contender fight just yet... Lets see him a couple more times to see how he does then we can talk about Anderson or Chael at that point

Considering how much munoz has improved who besides sonnen and silva are left in the division that he wouldnt be favored against???

The he'd be heavily favored to avenge his 2 ufc losses especially with how close the okami fight was despite his limited repertoire. He'd be favored against both current ultimate fighter coaches considering bisping's lack of a ground game and mayhem was helpless when shields lay on him all fight.

Right now I would pick munoz to beat silva but sonnen to beat munoz.

Mohammedini
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Considering how much munoz has improved who besides sonnen and silva are left in the division that he wouldnt be favored against???

The he'd be heavily favored to avenge his 2 ufc losses especially with how close the okami fight was despite his limited repertoire. He'd be favored against both current ultimate fighter coaches considering bisping's lack of a ground game and mayhem was helpless when shields lay on him all fight.

Right now I would pick munoz to beat silva but sonnen to beat munoz.
HAHAHA how? he has some of the worst mma wrestling by any all-american wrestler in the UFC.
His TD accuracy was 19% before the leben fight and are now in the amazing percentage of 23%.
WOOOW he is absolutely going to destroy anderson Silva who only has 80% TDD.
Anderson is absolutely helpless against Munoz. I mean Chael Sonnen got 3 out of 7 TD attempts on a injured Anderson, think what Munoz would do to him :rofl:.

$Natedatpkid$
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Munoz is the better grappler I think easily. He was training with the nog brothers helping them with their wrestling I'm sure he didnt leave their with nothing. Sonnen looked good striking against okami and fhilo so I'd give him the technical advantage but if munoz lands it could be night night. Wrestling is interesting but chael definitely because even okamneutralized munoz. Slightly favor sonnen in a close fight not sure if itd be exciting butdefinitely don't think Chael would whoop him badly either.

Money Shot
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Sonnen's ground and pound would be too much, just get Silva lined up asap.

shadeyfizzle
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM
HAHAHA how? he has some of the worst mma wrestling by any all-american wrestler in the UFC.
His TD accuracy was 19% before the leben fight and are now in the amazing percentage of 23%.
WOOOW he is absolutely going to destroy anderson Silva who only has 80% TDD.
Anderson is absolutely helpless against Munoz. I mean Chael Sonnen got 3 out of 7 TD attempts on a injured Anderson, think what Munoz would do to him :rofl:.

Blah blah blah just make sure u have the proper odds for the fight and ill bet the farm on it. You were trying to sell leben as the underdog when he was the favorite.

Mohammedini
11-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Blah blah blah just make sure u have the proper odds for the fight and ill bet the farm on it. You were trying to sell leben as the underdog when he was the favorite.
You haven't watched mma long have you?
I bet your first Anderson Silva fight you saw was the Chael fight cuz nobody can be so naive to think that every ****ing wrestler, even a such a bad mma wrestler like munoz woul dominate him.
How many Munoz fights have you seen.
Demian Maia won against Munoz but they gave a split decision to Munoz and he has struggled with every guy he has fought except for CB Dollaway.
Nobody can honestly be soo stupid to not see the difference of skill between Silva and Munoz.
I know you are pinoy and support your countrymen, but c'mooooon.........
He got if Chael only could get 3 out of 7 TD's on a rib injured Silva then how would Munoz honestly get it to the ground?
Silva has dropped every single opponent he has faced in the UFC except for Cote including Sonnen who has a granite chin.
sorry to say that is exactly what Munoz doesn't have.
Silva by KTFO 1-2 round, or sub cus they are pretty good friends

jmt225
11-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Man, I really hope this fight doesn't happen. It'll be too easy of a win for Sonnen, in my opinion.

I'd much rather see Chael Sonnen vs. Rousimar Palhares.

Rassclot
11-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Sonnen's ground and pound would be too much, just get Silva lined up asap.

you mean pitty patters?

Sonnen has never stopped anyone with strikes in the UFC despite juicing out of his eyeballs. L M A O

Alibata
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Pure wrestling.... Munoz worked Sonnen.. They actually competed and Munoz kicked his ass by far... MMA is different though.

Alibata
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
You haven't watched mma long have you?
I bet your first Anderson Silva fight you saw was the Chael fight cuz nobody can be so naive to think that every ****ing wrestler, even a such a bad mma wrestler like munoz woul dominate him.
How many Munoz fights have you seen.
Demian Maia won against Munoz but they gave a split decision to Munoz and he has struggled with every guy he has fought except for CB Dollaway.
Nobody can honestly be soo stupid to not see the difference of skill between Silva and Munoz.
I know you are pinoy and support your countrymen, but c'mooooon.........
He got if Chael only could get 3 out of 7 TD's on a rib injured Silva then how would Munoz honestly get it to the ground?
Silva has dropped every single opponent he has faced in the UFC except for Cote including Sonnen who has a granite chin.
sorry to say that is exactly what Munoz doesn't have.
Silva by KTFO 1-2 round, or sub cus they are pretty good friends

I saw Munoz winning this fight all the way, just from his training camp alone.... One thing you fail to watch is the progress of these fighters... Mark when he struggled was because he started out MMA RAW as RAW can get being a pure wrestler.. He is only getting better with his stand up, ground game etc.... His stand up has improved and he is getting more comfortable and confident in the ring... You did not see it coming because you look at fighters as static instead of dynamic, constanly improving, growing, learning. Mark was a very raw fighter and could only get better, which he has... His chin, is kinda iffy so against Silva, I don't know... Against Sonnen, I give him a pretty damn good chance.. He is a better wrestler then Sonnen for sure and I think he punches harder.

Rassclot
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
the only difference now is Chael is juiced to the eyeballs.

he still can't punch his way out of a paper bag though.

Styles make fights. Munoz pummells overrated Sonnen.

Rassclot
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
i really dont understand the love for Chael.

it's not like he has devastating KO's or great submissions.

His one fight was taking the champ into the last round and tapping. THEN GETTING BUSTED FOR ROIDS. not speculation like Margarito's wraps vs Cotto. This motha****a was caught ROIDING. His levels were off the charts.

This guy has never finished anyone with strikes despite roiding.

Dude is a failure.

Mohammedini
11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
I saw Munoz winning this fight all the way, just from his training camp alone.... One thing you fail to watch is the progress of these fighters... Mark when he struggled was because he started out MMA RAW as RAW can get being a pure wrestler.. He is only getting better with his stand up, ground game etc.... His stand up has improved and he is getting more comfortable and confident in the ring... You did not see it coming because you look at fighters as static instead of dynamic, constanly improving, growing, learning. Mark was a very raw fighter and could only get better, which he has... His chin, is kinda iffy so against Silva, I don't know... Against Sonnen, I give him a pretty damn good chance.. He is a better wrestler then Sonnen for sure and I think he punches harder.
And you fail to understand that mma wrestling and pure wrestling is different.
Munoz mma wrestling is horrible for someone of his credentials.
Before the Leben fight he had 19% takedown accuracy, now after the Leben fight he has the astonishing 23%. Thats horrific even for a non wrestler.
Leben took him down 2-3 times and he ended on his back like 4 times due to failed td's.
Leben looked absolutely horrible for that fight.
I mean he was so red after the first couple of minutes that you thought he had been in a sauna for hours. His cardio was a joke for this fight and he quit, as simple as that. But yet Munoz had problem taking him down even when he showed horrible TD for this fight.
Munoz would get destroyed by Sonnen in a mma wresting match and absolutely destroyed against Anderson.

Sonnen took Yushin Okami down at will and Munoz was on his knees the whole night against Yushin and didn't get a single TD on him.

I know he is pinoy but you guys have to be objective ffs.
How the **** can anyone think Munoz has the slightest chance against Anderson?

Not a nut rider but everyone except one of Andersons opponent have been dropped.
Munoz has been dropped or rocked in every fight he has been in except the CB Dollaway fight.

he do have that gorilla GnP and heart I give him that but c'moooooooooooob

BritishBoxing92
11-08-2011, 06:21 AM
i think i want to see this one. fawk the anderson silva fight i fawking hate that dude.

sonnen is a pillock he claims that the way silva beat him by submission is not a way in which they finish fights where he comes from yet in his next fight against brian stann he wins it by submission? hypocrisy anyone? plus this guy took PEDs as well had he not taken them for the silva fight i would have agreed a rematch needs to take place but aside from that since losing that fight and his whole money laundring scandal and then bad mouthing majority of fighters one must ask who in their right mind should listen to this delusional idiot?

Marchegiano
11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
yeah, I don't care for Anderson much either homie. He's just ****ing boring. I know most love the champ, but i'm not into circling. Esspecially when I know how ****ing one sided ****s gonna get..

**** Munoz. be's B rate. I never gave a god damn about Leben.

Marshall89
11-16-2011, 03:26 PM
i really dont understand the love for Chael.

it's not like he has devastating KO's or great submissions.

His one fight was taking the champ into the last round and tapping. THEN GETTING BUSTED FOR ROIDS. not speculation like Margarito's wraps vs Cotto. This motha****a was caught ROIDING. His levels were off the charts.

This guy has never finished anyone with strikes despite roiding.

Dude is a failure.

Chael is juiced to his eyeballs? Yur a clown fam i swear down. He can't punch his way through a paper bag yeah? but he rocked Silva's jaw what, 2 or 3 times? What other fighter has done that to him eh?

Margarito wraps vs Cotto was not speculation, Sugar's brother watched him put the wraps on pre fight and wet them to make them go hard.

GETTING BUSTED FOR ROIDS? DO YUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU COMMENT BOIIIII.
If one was to take steroids before a fight then he would have one serious advantage over his opponent, this is true still. But if one was to be on Testosterone Replacement Therapy before a fight, this would give him no advantage, apart from helping him regain his testosterone to the normal levels of an average joe male.

Listen, answer me this b. Do you s*** on everyone else who gets caught taking steroids? (even though Chael didn't take steroids). If so, then ya'll shoud have bare hatred for ex champions Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia and Sean Sherk! 'Cos these boys all tested positive for STEROIDS after winning the belt...
I'ma bet you now that 90% of all UFC fighters have taken PED's fam. Why wouldn't they with such a piss poor drug testing system eh?
Silva is 36 years old yu know, i don't know of many 36 year old geezers that have the fitness levels of Anderson Silva, do you?? Funny that Anderson said about Chael one or two weeks ago "He doesn't deserve to fight me. The most important thing he didn't do: defeating me. He was caught on the drug test, which was the worse"
I find it f***ery dat he didn't say "He took PED's, which was the worse..." Nah, he said "He got caught..."

Mohammedini is right about One thing. Munoz would get such a beating off Silva it's f***ery...
Chael got caught clean on the jaw a few times by Anderson, wasn't even rocked fam, TRT definately doesn't help yur punch resistance eh, i doubt steroids would either. Also like i've said before, Chael dropped Anderson 2 or 3 times in that fight, not in the last round, which everyone and Goldberg and Rogan originally thought, but he rocked Anderson still. And apparently Chael's stiking is s***, who knew eh?

Rassclot
11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Chael is juiced to his eyeballs? Yur a clown fam i swear down. He can't punch his way through a paper bag yeah? but he rocked Silva's jaw what, 2 or 3 times? What other fighter has done that to him eh?

Margarito wraps vs Cotto was not speculation, Sugar's brother watched him put the wraps on pre fight and wet them to make them go hard.

GETTING BUSTED FOR ROIDS? DO YUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU COMMENT BOIIIII.
If one was to take steroids before a fight then he would have one serious advantage over his opponent, this is true still. But if one was to be on Testosterone Replacement Therapy before a fight, this would give him no advantage, apart from helping him regain his testosterone to the normal levels of an average joe male.

Listen, answer me this b. Do you s*** on everyone else who gets caught taking steroids? (even though Chael didn't take steroids). If so, then ya'll shoud have bare hatred for ex champions Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia and Sean Sherk! 'Cos these boys all tested positive for STEROIDS after winning the belt...
I'ma bet you now that 90% of all UFC fighters have taken PED's fam. Why wouldn't they with such a piss poor drug testing system eh?
Silva is 36 years old yu know, i don't know of many 36 year old geezers that have the fitness levels of Anderson Silva, do you?? Funny that Anderson said about Chael one or two weeks ago "He doesn't deserve to fight me. The most important thing he didn't do: defeating me. He was caught on the drug test, which was the worse"
I find it f***ery dat he didn't say "He took PED's, which was the worse..." Nah, he said "He got caught..."

Mohammedini is right about One thing. Munoz would get such a beating off Silva it's f***ery...
Chael got caught clean on the jaw a few times by Anderson, wasn't even rocked fam, TRT definately doesn't help yur punch resistance eh, i doubt steroids would either. Also like i've said before, Chael dropped Anderson 2 or 3 times in that fight, not in the last round, which everyone and Goldberg and Rogan originally thought, but he rocked Anderson still. And apparently Chael's stiking is s***, who knew eh?

Fact: Busted for PED's. Suspended.

Fact: still couldn't damage Silva with his pitty patters even juiced to the eyeballs.

Dude has small nuts that don't produce testosterones: Fact in his testimonial

You are a dick sucking ***g0t. Fact.