View Full Version : The official Angulo appreciation thread

theplayerpimp
11-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Dude is a beast one of my favorite fighters around. What courage he showed tonight and will to win. He didnt want to give in even though he was done after the second round. Hope this loss doesnt derail him to much and he makes a comeback. It would be a shame for the sport if he didnt. I was gutted but props to kirkland an all action fighter.

MANIAC310
11-06-2011, 01:19 AM
He needs to learn to how to move his head ...
He got blown out by a limited skilled Kirkland he should've beat.

I even had a IRL bet on the guy.

He gets my respect for showing amazing heart despite getting hit with bombs rounds after round

theplayerpimp
11-06-2011, 01:30 AM
He needs to learn to how to move his head ...
He got blown out by a limited skilled Kirkland he should've beat.

I even had a IRL bet on the guy.

He gets my respect for showing amazing heart despite getting hit with bombs rounds after round

No he needs to get with capetillo a better fit for his style. He will never learn proper boxing he is to old for that. He also needs to work on his conditioning but man he was looking good in the first round. angulo hurt him self with the onslaught. Had he stayed calm and collected it might of been diffrent story. But kirkland was just in amazing condition

-ELO-
11-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Nah bro, something was definitely wrong before the fight even started please go back and see for yourself. His demeanor was peculiar.

ELPERRO
11-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Hope el perro learnns from this experience. He had never been down before aand is not used to fighting while going back. I was bumed that he lost as i watched him get beat with flush shot after shot from my laptop inn a hospital cafeterria. Right after he lost i got a call that my girl was going into labor on an emergency c section. An hour later my Baby girl was born maaking me a dad for the first time. I went from being upset to the happiest guy in the world.

theplayerpimp
11-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Nah bro, something was definitely wrong before the fight even started please go back and see for yourself. His demeanor was peculiar.

Naw he was lookig fine. He had good speed and throwing short shots till he decided to do what jones did to soto karass. Had he stayed collected it would of been a diffrent story. I also believe he didnt train as hard as he could of bc he thought it was going to be over fast

theplayerpimp
11-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Hope el perro learnns from this experience. He had never been down before aand is not used to fighting while going back. I was bumed that he lost as i watched him get beat with flush shot after shot from my laptop inn a hospital cafeterria. Right after he lost i got a call that my girl was going into labor on an emergency c section. An hour later my Baby girl was born maaking me a dad for the first time. I went from being upset to the happiest guy in the world.
Congrats bro. It was hurting watching angulo take shot after shot. Im glad the ref stopped it. But does any one know if he used his streanght and conditioning coach for this fight? He used one for the alcine fight.

elgranluchadore
11-06-2011, 04:01 PM
this was kinda like mosley vs margarito, no excuses just a wrong style matchup
face first brawlers will most of the time sucumb to fast combination punchers specially with the power of kirkland

dj Calleti
11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
He almost looked like a prime Margarito.

Cleto_Reyes
11-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Perro didnt like like himself in my opinion. He looked maybe weight drained or something. He did show massive heart in this fight though. I agree that nacho is not a good trainer for perros style

theplayerpimp
11-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Perro didnt like like himself in my opinion. He looked maybe weight drained or something. He did show massive heart in this fight though. I agree that nacho is not a good trainer for perros style

I think he should go with capetillo :boxing: to get the conditioning , margs and segura had

ELPERRO
11-07-2011, 11:07 PM

Perro should go back with his previous trainer Clemente Medina. Hopefully he gets his visa and he can start training to Maywood. He belongs herre in L.A not chilangolandia.

Tha_Greatest
11-08-2011, 02:30 AM
angulo beat himself in the first round

Derranged
11-08-2011, 07:54 AM
He punched himself out, very foolish. I wonder how much he trained for this fight, he might have been relying on an early KO, which he almost had. Had he been more measured, he would have won easy.

But there was something strange, never have I seen anyone gas so bad so quickly. Some Kirkland butt-humpers tried to say it was from ONE body shot or one uppercut.

theplayerpimp
11-09-2011, 01:10 AM
He punched himself out, very foolish. I wonder how much he trained for this fight, he might have been relying on an early KO, which he almost had. Had he been more measured, he would have won easy.

But there was something strange, never have I seen anyone gas so bad so quickly. Some Kirkland butt-humpers tried to say it was from ONE body shot or one uppercut.

I think i was a combination of all 3. One angulo didnt train like kirland did. Angulo didnt train for an all out war and paid the price. He then punched him self out and when he was dead tired for throwing all those power shots kirland landed a great body shot that hurt him. After that angulo would wince every time kirkland threw to the body.

Derranged
11-09-2011, 07:59 AM
And by the way, RICH SPANIARD. Don't compare Angulo to Shamphonio Margaretard. Angulo's power is real, your hero's was plaster-induced.

theplayerpimp
11-09-2011, 11:07 PM
And by the way, RICH SPANIARD. Don't compare Angulo to Shamphonio Margaretard. Angulo's power is real, your hero's was plaster-induced.

margarito just throws a ton of punches and wears you down. while angulo throws alot but not nearly as much as margs but they carry more power but are slower. But I Would love to see them go at it **** would be war. two guys with iron chins just throwing no stop.

dj Calleti
11-09-2011, 11:18 PM

Tony was never a hard puncher like Angulo is where he talks u out with one shot. He was most of a strong pressure fighter where he attacks none stop until you feel his legendary power and breaks you down.

Funny that you talk about power.

Cause you idols Foreman & Salita have none!
:lol1:

STREET CLEANER
11-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Kirkland's fists and mental toughness had everything to do with it.

Angulo look like he could had dropped Kirk again during the fight, it wasn't that one sided cause Angulo was still throwing short powerful punches and even backed him up around the third round.

Kirkland is a powerful man and has good stamina.

A rematch would be fun again

Mike Haynes
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
To say that 'if Perro didn't punch himself out, he woulda beat Kirkland' is just not using your brain. Why you think Perro 'didn't look like himself' before the fight? He knew an ass-whooping was coming and the only chance he had was a first round KO, because he KNEW he wasn't going to be able to keep up with Kirkland's speed and conditioning for more than 5 or 6 rounds. He sparred with Kirkland before - he knew what was up. Perro couldn't step his GAME up. For him to imply that the ref shoulda stopped it was a real b!tch move. I wouldn't rematch this dude at all if I was Kirkland b/c the ref they choose would be looking to stop the fight if Kirkland even SLIPS on an ad on the ring floor.

theplayerpimp
11-10-2011, 10:59 PM
To say that 'if Perro didn't punch himself out, he woulda beat Kirkland' is just not using your brain. Why you think Perro 'didn't look like himself' before the fight? He knew an ass-whooping was coming and the only chance he had was a first round KO, because he KNEW he wasn't going to be able to keep up with Kirkland's speed and conditioning for more than 5 or 6 rounds. He sparred with Kirkland before - he knew what was up. Perro couldn't step his GAME up. For him to imply that the ref shoulda stopped it was a real b!tch move. I wouldn't rematch this dude at all if I was Kirkland b/c the ref they choose would be looking to stop the fight if Kirkland even SLIPS on an ad on the ring floor.

pinche m a ya te sacate a la verga:op:

Tha_Greatest
11-11-2011, 08:29 AM

this dumb **** got offended, lol, ishida took your hero out with 1 shot and without gassing himself out, lol, kirkland is sh1t, lol, el perro isnt a fighter i like but hes a dumb **** who ****in lost the fight for punching himself out, lol, nyahaha