View Full Version : why do people think mitrione will beat kongo?

$BloodyNate$
10-26-2011, 09:33 PM
This is hilarious alota mms fans think this but then again it could just be wishful thinking because of their hate for kongo. But he doesn't have lethal power and just a low class strikers were kongo is pretty decent striker. Mitrione ain't Cain. Herring is a better wrestler then mitrione and kongo would be taking him down if anything. Kongo should just chop him down with kicks and stop him late in a pretty scrappy fight. But kongos a werido tho haha so he better not **** up ha

F l i c k e r
10-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Probably because Kongo has no chin. And ever since he first got knocked out, he's been fighting real tentative; gun shy.

N!GGALAS CAGE
10-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Mitrione has improved quite a bit, and Kongo is just not that good. He's a decent striker, but doesn't bring much else to the table besides nut shots.

Mitrione does have pretty good power and Kongo has a pretty weak chin. I can see Mitrione winning by KO.

$BloodyNate$
10-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Mitrione is so much slower sloppier and pretty predictable. Kongo is so much faster better technique and hits so much ****in harder. Don't matter who has the better chin if only ones getting hit. This could easily be Paul beunatello vs kongo 2. Same style match up.

dough401
10-27-2011, 09:06 AM
With a name like meathead how could he loose! Mitrione gonna beat that ass!!!

dan_cov
10-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Probably because Kongo has no chin. And ever since he first got knocked out, he's been fighting real tentative; gun shy.

No chin? in about 50 fights total (kickboxing & MMA) against the best of the best at heavyweights he has been stopped just once & that was against Gilbert Yvel who has a ridiculous amount of wins by K.O & that is it.
To say he is no chin is ridiculous.

He has one of the best chins in H/W MMA

dough401
10-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Most people in the us witch i am from do not watch a lot of k1 dream anything of the sort... Kongo never got to that next level in the ufc just shows you need to much more rounded on that note im all for mitrione on this one kids got a good shot

Cloud
10-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Not suprising if Kongo wins as he is the new Gonzaga really and seperates the boys from the men. I say Meathead wins but you can never rule Kongo out.

F l i c k e r
10-27-2011, 05:29 PM
No chin? in about 50 fights total (kickboxing & MMA) against the best of the best at heavyweights he has been stopped just once & that was against Gilbert Yvel who has a ridiculous amount of wins by K.O & that is it.
To say he is no chin is ridiculous.

He has one of the best chins in H/W MMA

lol, he does not have one of the best chins for a HW in MMA. Did you not see him basically go out on his feet and survive by primal instinct again Berry? Or when he fought Mir and got wrecked before being submitted? He has good recovery but he's like JMM. His chin can get him dropped easily but his recovery and heart allow him to survive.

I always liked Kongo. Since he first came to the UFC, which was the first time I saw him, I liked him but something happened along the way to where he is gun shy now.

Compare the way he fought against CroCop to his most recent fights. It's like he's not even the same dominant guy.

I like Kongo as a fighter and a person but something has changed. He's hesitant to fire off shots now for some reason. I always hope he does well and wins but I don't disregard the truth.

Sn1
10-28-2011, 08:27 AM
almost stopped against Barry twice, then dropped and subbed unconscious by Mir. not exactly the sign of a great chin, but not necessarily the sign of a bad one either.

I would like Mitrione to win, cause it seems pretty obvious Kongo will never be a world beater.

-Swizzy-
10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
This is hilarious alota mms fans think this but then again it could just be wishful thinking because of their hate for kongo. But he doesn't have lethal power and just a low class strikers were kongo is pretty decent striker. Mitrione ain't Cain. Herring is a better wrestler then mitrione and kongo would be taking him down if anything. Kongo should just chop him down with kicks and stop him late in a pretty scrappy fight. But kongos a werido tho haha so he better not **** up ha

well that tells me you have major bias for Kongo.

the reason ppl think Mitrione is gonna win is cuz he's bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled than Kongo. If this is just a punching match, Kongo has a chance. But Mitrione is just the better overall fighter and has full control of this fight. He will dictate where this fight goes whenever he wants. If he chooses to punch with him, that might be his down fall but I still see Mitrione winning a decision in a striking match even though Kongo is a skilled puncher.

Virgil Caine
10-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I got Kongo all the way. Not to say Mitrione can't win, he's very athletic and has improved steadily, but Kongo is technically a better fighter imo.

Blair_Wells#32
10-28-2011, 02:43 PM
My Ideal Finish to this fight would be a double Ko, can't stand either guy and neither will ever get close to the title in their careers.
i've never understood the love for Meat head he's a clown and i don't know what improvements anyones seen in him he does the same thing every fight and just throw hands til someone falls. no great head movement, no spectacular take downs, or a hint of a submission game he's just a clown who's fought against mediocre talent.
Kongo's a step up in Competition and i think he'll be too much for him and just this once ima cheer Kongo when he goes for his Traditional cage clinch Nut Shot.

Harry Balls
10-28-2011, 04:34 PM
mitrione is the great white hope! I'll gladly bet anyone on this fight.

Money Shot
10-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Mittrione is fairly limited but he can still knock this Kongo bum out. It'll be a good stand up fight, whatever.

Rocky...
10-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Ive got a 100 on kongo, kongo is experinced been inthe game along time and been in with top guys, this mitrone cunt aint a anybody, kongo better spark him out.:boxing:

$BloodyNate$
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
well that tells me you have major bias for Kongo.

the reason ppl think Mitrione is gonna win is cuz he's bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled than Kongo. If this is just a punching match, Kongo has a chance. But Mitrione is just the better overall fighter and has full control of this fight. He will dictate where this fight goes whenever he wants. If he chooses to punch with him, that might be his down fall but I still see Mitrione winning a decision in a striking match even though Kongo is a skilled puncher.

Well this is the most ironic post ever I lmao when u said he's the faster stronger athlete hHa you can't be serious. Dude barely put away the last dude with his slow punches. He's got some POW but not one punch and he sure as hell isn't faster and sure as hell isn't the better athlete. Kongos a lot more technical its obvious it the one with bias brah

Harry Balls
10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Ive got a 100 on kongo, kongo is experinced been inthe game along time and been in with top guys, this mitrone cunt aint a anybody, kongo better spark him out.:boxing:

its a bet.. gl :)

UglyPug
10-30-2011, 12:03 AM
WHAT?! how did congo get the decision?

he got beat up on his feet first two rounds? LOL. . . *shrugs* they are both some hot grabage

Money Shot
10-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Round 1 Mittrione
Ronnd 2 Mittrione
Round 3 Kongo

= Mitttrione win

dan_cov
10-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Round 1 Mittrione
Ronnd 2 Mittrione
Round 3 Kongo

= Mitttrione win

I'll have to watch it again but from what I recall Kongo won 3 massively, could of even been a 10-8 round it was that one-sided.
As for round 2, Mittrione was out-landed you don't win a round by walking forward doing nothing but eating leg-kicks.
Mittrione won the first though neither did much.

Money Shot
10-30-2011, 12:50 AM
I'll have to watch it again but from what I recall Kongo won 3 massively, could of even been a 10-8 round it was that one-sided.
As for round 2, Mittrione was out-landed you don't win a round by walking forward doing nothing but eating leg-kicks.
Mittrione won the first though neither did much.

I don't think you get 10-8's in MMA but that just makes it a draw. Mittrione robbed here surely. Obviously he needs better takedown defense but Kongo is rubbish, I think Nelson will beat him.

dan_cov
10-30-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't think you get 10-8's in MMA but that just makes it a draw. Mittrione robbed here surely. Obviously he needs better takedown defense but Kongo is rubbish, I think Nelson will beat him.

10-9 Mittrione.
10-9 Kongo on workrate.
10-9 Clearly Kongo's round.

29-28 Kongo

Money Shot
10-30-2011, 01:07 AM
10-9 Mittrione.
10-9 Kongo on workrate.
10-9 Clearly Kongo's round.

29-28 Kongo

Kongo did nothing until the third from what I saw. I thought the second was all Mittrione chasing Kongo around the octagon and when he landed the uppercut Kongo went into his shell, a few leg kicks more at best. 10-9 Matt for me. We now get Kongo Nelson, Nelson will take that fight 100%. But these guys are second tier HW in MMA. Velasquez and Barnett are much better.

$BloodyNate$
10-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Kongo did nothing until the third from what I saw. I thought the second was all Mittrione chasing Kongo around the octagon and when he landed the uppercut Kongo went into his shell, a few leg kicks more at best. 10-9 Matt for me. We now get Kongo Nelson, Nelson will take that fight 100%. But these guys are second tier HW in MMA. Velasquez and Barnett are much better.

Hahaha u clearly have some sort of bias since your so butthurt he lost and Mitrione hardly landed *****.

Harry Balls
10-30-2011, 01:35 AM
they both suck.. shocking.

elgranluchadore
10-30-2011, 07:56 AM
mittrione didnt even raise his hands at the end, when they announced the decision he clapped

Mohammedini
10-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Orly?
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3634

Kongo won the first round cuz Mitrione threw almost nothing.
How can anyone possible give the first to Mitrione?
I'm even shocked that he actually threw something.

In the Second round Cheick landed leg kicks repeatedly, and some jabs and straight rights.
Mitrione had a nice little flurry at the end that might have won him that round.

THe 3rd we all know who won that.

Robbery? close fight at best but a robbery? GTFO!
We all know clearly hate nigs.
You have nig bashed on other treads before, calling them monkeys and so on.
so I get why this is a robbery in your eyes.

Sn1
10-30-2011, 05:07 PM
seemed pretty straight forward, Mitrione lost cause he is still green, while Kongo should be ashamed for yet another BS performance in which he did the bare minimum.

blaze778
10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Both guys put on a horrible performance. I'm actually more disappointed in Mitrione. I was expecting this from Kongo.

Kongo didn't want to fight and Mitrione is just too one-dimensional at the moment. He just throws straight punches and looks for that inside leg kick, which he didn't even do much of last night.

Kongo clearly won in the worst fight of the night.