View Full Version : Was Hopkins the first fighter to attempt a piggyback?

Boxingtech718v2
10-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I mean I don't think I've ever seen a fighter jump on his opponents back before.

IronDanHamza
10-24-2011, 07:04 PM
There has been a lot worser fouls if that's what you mean.

Whether a fighter has physically jumped on someone's back before I'm not too sure but Sandy Saddler and Fritzie Zivic would lean and push and things of that kind of nature from time to time. (most)

New England
10-24-2011, 07:11 PM
There has been a lot worser fouls if that's what you mean.

Whether a fighter has physically jumped on someone's back before I'm not too sure but Sandy Saddler and Fritzie Zivic would lean and push and things of that kind of nature from time to time. (most)

cotto has twice picked dudes up who have leaned on his back like that

once was against clottey, where cotto basically threw him down with his arm // shoulder while spinning him away from himself. he hit the ground with a real thud, like he had been accelerated toward the ground // thrown

and against oktey urkhal i believe it was he just picked him up when he was leaning on his back. i'd have to rewatch the urkal incident a bit more closely to give a better summary of what happened.

i also saw wladimir get on haye's back a bit when they fought recently. that fight i refuse to rewatch. anybody who wants to pick out some instances can be my guest.

haye would just take a knee to deal with it

and saddlers best shot might have been the uppercut while he was holding the back of your neck.
brutal.

marco huck set up his one shot kayo with the same move over the weekend. (right hand to the body right uppercut with the free hand, and then the right down the center when he backed up after taking the uppercut.)

if somebody is leaning on your back like that your instinct is to push them off
chad didnt do anthing wrong in my opinion. he wasnt the most sporting about it, but he wasnt breaking any rules that dont require your opponent to break some first.
bernard shouldnt be on his back.

ИATAS
10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
What happened is somewhat common. Fighter lunges from the outside, other guy ducks, the momentum brings fighter a onto a ducking fighter, who then lifts up.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/jackdean/rAckhlujFECFBtaphgdzlCuxwflHCckzcHJatdcvapbrACerEk AmDvtCEcrJ/media_httpimagesfanfe_jasru.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

Scott9945
10-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I believe if Barrera fought a black man instead of Prince Naseem Hamed. The factitious "black man" will call for a foul and stoppage of fight after getting wrestled by the Great Mexican fighter.

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZeUs7r1nFo4" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Black men are disappointing the sport of boxing with stupid and controversial performances by Floyd Mayweather, Chad Dawson, Sugar Shane Mosley, Bernard Hopkins, Devon Alexander, and Paul Williams all black fighters who had controversial fights in 2011 alone.

Chad Dawson vs Bernard Hopkins - tackle ending a fight in the 2nd Round only. Chad Dawson talking all sh1t like he is a big deal now. Son, you don't have any fans to fill a stadium shut your mouth.

Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz - ending in a suckerpunch that the whole U.S.A. is cheering as the best night of boxing and is a legal move now in boxing since Danny Garcia another American fighter showed against Kendall Holt. Also, Joe Cortez should be banned from refereeing any Mayweather fight. Punk is in the mix as a corrupt official.

Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara - robbed a Cuban fighter of his win. Tall guy who can't crack an egg got his face destroyed by a dwarf Junior Middleweight.

Devon Alexander vs Lucas Matthysse - robbed an Argentinian of his win. Worst officials ever.

Manny Pacquiao vs Sugar Shane Mosley - ran away from a midget the whole freaking time. It was funny and irritating to watch a boxing match when one of them came not to fight. I guess Omar Narvaez learned from the great Sugar Shame Mosley.

What a disgrace.

Sure sounds like you have a racist agenda here.

Forza
10-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Saddler made Bhop look clean, but willie pep still kicked his cheating azz

Scott9945
10-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Saddler made Bhop look clean, but willie pep still kicked his cheating azz

Final score:

Saddler 3 Pep 1

Forza
10-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Final score:

Saddler 3 Pep 1

Yes with cheating he was able to win

Scott9945
10-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes with cheating he was able to win

:baby: :crying: :nana:

Forza
10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
:baby: :crying: :nana:

lol saddler was actually an extremely good boxer. It's just sad he had to result to wrestling and slamming little 5'5 pep to win

Anyway they put that all behind them

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M4aUnUVLWdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tyger
10-25-2011, 06:33 AM
It happened many times. Many times a fighter used his weight to push another fighter down, many times the dude being pushed down lifted up the fighter doing it. Fighters have also pushed opponents out of the ring or down to the canvas. It's not too often it results in an injury. But it happens!

Kid McCoy
10-25-2011, 08:41 AM
I wonder if Hopkins is also the only fighter to be pushed out of the ring by a referee?