View Full Version : Antonio Margarito vs Tito Trinidad

GF of Boxing
10-19-2011, 03:52 PM
The Antonio Margarito who held the WBO Welterweight title from 2002-2007 facing a Felix Trinidad who held the IBF Welterweight title from 1993-1999. Stylistically this would be a great match up. Forget about past speculations on which one had loaded gloves, just straight up who would win? How and why?

figzuki
10-19-2011, 03:57 PM
both are preassure fighters, tito is the better boxer, tito has more power.

Tito by late KO....

joseph5620
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
The Antonio Margarito who held the WBO Welterweight title from 2002-2007 facing a Felix Trinidad who held the IBF Welterweight title from 1993-1999. Stylistically this would be a great match up. Forget about past speculations on which one had loaded gloves, just straight up who would win? How and why?

Trinidad would knock Margarito out. Margarito's style plays right into Trinidad's hands and not even Margarito's chin would hold up to the flush bombs he would take from Trinidad.

figzuki
10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
not cuz im PRican but if anybody says that Margarito would whoop trinidad they're retarded...

jabsRstiff
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Slow guys who moved forward and took punches were dead meat against Tito, who was a toe-to-toe master.

Margarito's chin may have withstood a lot, but that would have resulted in his face getting blown to bits.

figzuki
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Slow guys who moved forward and took punches were dead meat against Tito, who was a toe-to-toe master.

Margarito's chin may have withstood a lot, but that would have resulted in his face getting blown to bits.

true story right there.....

Taino79
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Their styles favors Tito all day long.

Pastrano
10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Margachito has no chance in hell. Tito's chin was sound and he could only be beaten by a better, more clever boxer than himself. Tito turns Margachito's face into a hamburger. Retirement after 10 rounds.

The_Demon
10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Tito would destroy him in brutal fashion,he struggled against good boxers,but would have no issue against a face first fighter like marg

TintaBoricua
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
LMFAO

A lot of Boricuas up in here.

But anyway, you have to be objective about this.

Tito Trinidad was undefeated at 147, had one-punch knockout power at that weight, was RARELY hurt, knocked down early often but he'd get up pissed off and fight more ferociously...I just can't see any version of Margarito beating Trinidad.

I remember being in awe of Margarito's chin after the Cotto/Margarito fight and a months later, some columnist from ESPN wrote a "How Margarito would've done against welterweights in history". I shook my head when I read that he would've stopped Tito somewhere during the middle/late rounds.

I mean, I gave Margarito all the credit in the world for beating Cotto, but that guy got a little ahead of himself that day.

OMFG, guys...I found the article...Tito's at #6. :rofl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3851437

:nonono: Shaking my head at Tito's "suspect chin"...

Mannie Phresh
10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
for real? it would have been a sad night for mexico.

Kid McCoy
10-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Margarito is made for someone like Tito. He's not going to out-box him and he's not going to KO him, so I can't see any way he wins. It'd be interesting to see whether Tito could KO him though.

New England
10-19-2011, 08:33 PM
margarito gets knocked out badly in his last fight

real talk, boyos. look what manny did to his face. one of his doctors advised him to end his career after the orbital bone and eye/retina injury

imagine what tito trinidad would do with a target like that.

if you cant get out of the way of trinidads stuff you were dead in the water. he would fvck you up.
headshots

tony's idea of getting defensive is tucking his chin and taking punches on the cheekbones and forehead

figzuki
10-19-2011, 08:44 PM
LMFAO

Tito Trinidad was undefeated at 147, had one-punch knockout power at that weight, was RARELY hurt, knocked down early often but he'd get up pissed off and fight more ferociously...I just can't see any version of Margarito beating Trinidad.

I remember being in awe of Margarito's chin after the Cotto/Margarito fight and a months later, some columnist from ESPN wrote a "How Margarito would've done against welterweights in history". I shook my head when I read that he would've stopped Tito somewhere during the middle/late rounds.

I mean, I gave Margarito all the credit in the world for beating Cotto, but that guy got a little ahead of himself that day.

jesus christ... what a **** article

TintaBoricua
10-19-2011, 10:03 PM
jesus christ... what a **** article

LOL

I know, right?

Stopping Benítez as well...:nonono:

Even when Margarito was at the peak of his aura and popularity (after defeating Cotto), I never placed him THAT high. I gave him all credit and became a fan of him after that fight, but to jump the gun and place him among all-time greats...ugh-ugh. No...way.

AnimalisticMeth
10-19-2011, 11:00 PM
LMFAO

http://sign0ff.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/shock.jpg

Thread Stealer
10-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Tito fu*ks Margarito up.

Margarito is tailor-made for Trinidad.

TintaBoricua
10-20-2011, 01:55 AM
http://sign0ff.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/shock.jpg

^^^LMFAO!!! :rofl: :rofl:

AnimalisticMeth
10-20-2011, 03:20 AM
^^^LMFAO!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Dude this is insane. According to that article Margarito KO Prime Trinidad in the 6 round, KO Prime Benitez in the 10th round, KO Prime De La Hoya in the 12th round I mean we ain't talking about a TKO we talking about a one shot KO for the 10 second count! and also according to the article he TKO Pipino Cuevas in the 8th!!! the dude is an ATG!!!!!!!!!!

SCtrojansbaby
10-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Would be an amazing fight but I think as a rule of thumb the great chin usually beats the great punch, its probable a 50/50 fight but if I absolutely had to pick it would be Margarito

TopVillain
10-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Tony would have triniwraps on his knees by the 8th round. chito is overrated as overrated as ****.

jabsRstiff
10-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Tony would have triniwraps on his knees by the 8th round. chito is overrated as overrated as ****.

Your boy got annihilated by a way past his best Shane Mosley. And when I say "annihilated", I mean he didn't win a single second of that fight, and then got absolutely shattered. Talk about overrated.

Trinidad-Margarito would be a borderline mismatch.

jabsRstiff
10-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Would be an amazing fight but I think as a rule of thumb the great chin usually beats the great punch, its probable a 50/50 fight but if I absolutely had to pick it would be Margarito

Whoever taught you that being a contrarian shows intelligence.....wasn't very bright themselves.

Boxing Bob
10-20-2011, 01:30 PM
jabsR, Sctrojan is just letting his mexican bias shine through. Remember this is the only guy on the planet that thinks Whitaker wasn't robbed against Chavez.

joseph5620
10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Whoever taught you that being a contrarian shows intelligence.....wasn't very bright themselves.

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

lightsout_finit
10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Trinidad would ko marg easy...............
Wouldn't go 6 rounds.............
:)

SCtrojansbaby
10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
jabsR, Sctrojan is just letting his mexican bias shine through. Remember this is the only guy on the planet that thinks Whitaker wasn't robbed against Chavez.

Mexican bias? Trinidad is one of my absolute favorite fighters of all time.

The great chin usually beats the great punch this has played out in history over and over.

JAB5239
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Mexican bias? Trinidad is one of my absolute favorite fighters of all time.

The great chin usually beats the great punch this has played out in history over and over.

The problem is that Tito was much more than a great punch, whereas Margs was little more than a great chin and tailor made for Trinidads style.

SCtrojansbaby
10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
The problem is that Tito was much more than a great punch, whereas Margs was little more than a great chin and tailor made for Trinidads style.

Margarito was little more than a great chin? you serious? I don't think Margarito is made for Trinidad's style. Margarito has the ability to throw a hundred punches a round, there is no style he is tailor made for.

lightsout_finit
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM

That sums it up nicely....

I'm a Margarito fan and i always have been, but Tito would f*ck him
up so bad and so fast it unreal. It would be comparable to the way Julian Jackson dispatched off simple styled tomato cans.
LIGHTS OUT!!!!

Anyone who thinks Margarito would survive let alone win really has some learning to do.

figzuki
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
That sums it up nicely....

I'm a Margarito fan and i always have been, but Tito would f*ck him
up so bad and so fast it unreal. It would be comparable to the way Julian Jackson dispatched off simple styled tomato cans.
LIGHTS OUT!!!!

Anyone who thinks Margarito would survive let alone win really has some learning to do.

/ thread....

Scott9945
10-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm a longtime Margarito fan, but Trinidad tears him apart. Trinidad's only losses were to either slick or fast opponents. Margarito doesn't fit either description. This fight goes to the mid rounds with the ref or corner deciding that Margarito doesn't need to take any more massive punishment.

TintaBoricua
10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm a longtime Margarito fan, but Trinidad tears him apart. Trinidad's only losses were to either slick or fast opponents. Margarito doesn't fit either description. This fight goes to the mid rounds with the ref or corner deciding that Margarito doesn't need to take any more massive punishment.

Exactly. Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright, and Jones, Jr. are among the greatest in their generation. You could even put Oscar de la Hoya up there too because of his iffy decision loss against Trinidad.

If you had decent/great boxing skills and had a good chin, you could beat Trinidad by sticking to the plan!

Reminder of Trinidad's greatness: undefeated at 147, very good chin, massive heart, terrific stamina, catastrophic power in the left hook. If you planned on slugging with Trinidad, you had better made sure you had an iron gut and chin for twelve rounds.

It wasn't until 154 that Trinidad started getting really hurt and knocked down more often, but he still dispatched his opponents easily. Hell, I was just watching the David Reid fight yesterday and Reid was able to hold his own against Trinidad before the swift decline and accumulation of power wilted him down. A young baby Vargas gave Trinidad hell, and Vargas was more sound technically than Margarito. It took Tito to move up to 160 for him to FINALLY get knocked out...after taking a lot of punishment...ending in the FINAL round. He was never knocked out again. Tito was the real deal. His glaring flaw was that in all his losses, he showed failure to adapt. In other words, the fights he lost, he lost them big.

Take ANY version of Margarito and put it in with Trinidad at his best, Trinidad wins. It would be brutal while it lasted.

JAB5239
10-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Margarito was little more than a great chin? you serious? I don't think Margarito is made for Trinidad's style. Margarito has the ability to throw a hundred punches a round, there is no style he is tailor made for.

Shane Mosley? And Tito was a harder and more accurate puncher.

SCtrojansbaby
10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Shane Mosley? And Tito was a harder and more accurate puncher.

Margarito clearly with the looming suspension all wasn't focused at all when he fought Mosley. Also Mosley and Trinidad's style are very different.

New England
10-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Margarito clearly with the looming suspension all wasn't focused at all when he fought Mosley. Also Mosley and Trinidad's style are very different.

you.....

went green....

both styles require a man//opponent to box. it's the best course of action.

tito got smoked by good boxers (winky, hopkins, de la hoya for many rounds)

shane lost a UD on my card to sergio mora, and had trouble with cotto's boxing abilities, (and obviously mayweather's)

neither guy did well against a crafty boxer who didnt stand in front of him and trade.

they could, however, knock your head off. that was the intention.
when people argue that the style matchup is wrong for margarito they are getting that point.

if you are up against a monster puncher who doesnt do well against boxers your best course of action is not to be a come forward fighter with slower hands and feet whose idea of sound defense is taking punches on his forehead.

margarito is not matched favorably against trinidad (or mosley) because of all of these factors.

SCtrojansbaby
10-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Common misconception, Tito got smoked by guys much bigger and stronger then him, not guys who boxed(Camacho Whitaker DLH).

You seem to not be accounting for the fact that against Trinidad Margarito could easily get off 100 punches a round. For Trinidad to win he would have to fight behind his jab and stay out of the pocket. If it becomes a slugfest Margarito is pretty much the only welterweight I would pick over Trinidad because of the #1 iron chin #2 he is the same size #3 his punch output

New England
10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Common misconception, Tito got smoked by guys much bigger and stronger then him, not guys who boxed(Camacho Whitaker DLH).

You seem to not be accounting for the fact that against Trinidad Margarito could easily get off 100 punches a round. For Trinidad to win he would have to fight behind his jab and stay out of the pocket. If it becomes a slugfest Margarito is pretty much the only welterweight I would pick over Trinidad because of the #1 iron chin #2 he is the same size #3 his punch output

de la hoya won more rounds than trinidad did, and he didnt do it by imposing phsyical strength. he outboxed him soundly. have you even see the fight? camacho and whitaker were not only smaller they were far past their best days.

winky wright was not much bigger and stronger than trinidad.
he used his skills and technical abilities and had him lost at sea
he didnt impose his strength

likewise with hopkins, he didnt impose his strength either. he took tito's power away

that's not why trinidad lost those fights, dude. vargas was more intent to impose himself physically, and surely you wont argue that he's less physical than wright

he got totally outclassed by better boxers, and not physically outmatched.

joseph5620
10-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Mosley knocked Margarito out. So let's stop pretending that Margarito's chin couldn't be cracked. Margarito also lost to Paul Williams. So let's stop pretending he didn't lose before the Mosley fight. Don't waste time using the excuse about the hand wraps with me in the Mosley fight because I don't buy it. When it's time to fight, that's what a professional fighter does. Margarito was going to get his ass whipped that night regardless. The Trinidad fight would be more of the same and even more brutal. A slow, straight ahead style, never got it done against Trinidad and it wouldn't in this case either.

SCtrojansbaby
10-21-2011, 06:31 PM
[/U]

Mosley knocked Margarito out. So let's stop pretending that Margarito's chin couldn't be cracked. Margarito also lost to Paul Williams. So let's stop pretending he didn't lose before the Mosley fight. Don't waste time using the excuse about the hand wraps with me in the Mosley fight because I don't buy it. When it's time to fight, that's what a professional fighter does. Margarito was going to get his ass whipped that night regardless. The Trinidad fight would be more of the same and even more brutal. A slow, straight ahead style, never got it done against Trinidad and it wouldn't in this case either.

Paul Williams and Trinidad are basically polar opposites. Mosley was a huge underdog for a reason and it's the only significant fight he's won in years. Honestly even the most focused fighters are still human beings, Margarito knew he could of been banned from the sport, that could of been the last fight of his career its obvious Margarito wasn't fighting a 100% or anything close to it.

Trinidad like most guys has never fought some who can throw 100 punches a round, for that reason Trinidad can't slug with him and expect to win a decision.

JAB5239
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM

Please. Margs maintained his innocence the entire time so why would he be worried about suspension? And you seem to miss the point that Tito hit harder and was a way more accurate puncher than Shane. For that matter the same applies for Cotto, who hit Margarito at will.

Scott9945
10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Paul Williams and Trinidad are basically polar opposites. Mosley was a huge underdog for a reason and it's the only significant fight he's won in years. Honestly even the most focused fighters are still human beings, Margarito knew he could of been banned from the sport, that could of been the last fight of his career its obvious Margarito wasn't fighting a 100% or anything close to it.

Trinidad like most guys has never fought some who can throw 100 punches a round, for that reason Trinidad can't slug with him and expect to win a decision.

Margarito spent his entire training camp struggling to lose weight. That's why his trainer tried to load his gloves. And he wouldn't be throwing 100 punches a round against someone who hit like Trinidad.

EMACULATE
10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Exactly. Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright, and Jones, Jr. are among the greatest in their generation. You could even put Oscar de la Hoya up there too because of his iffy decision loss against Trinidad.

If you had decent/great boxing skills and had a good chin, you could beat Trinidad by sticking to the plan!

Reminder of Trinidad's greatness: undefeated at 147, very good chin, massive heart, terrific stamina, catastrophic power in the left hook. If you planned on slugging with Trinidad, you had better made sure you had an iron gut and chin for twelve rounds.

It wasn't until 154 that Trinidad started getting really hurt and knocked down more often, but he still dispatched his opponents easily. Hell, I was just watching the David Reid fight yesterday and Reid was able to hold his own against Trinidad before the swift decline and accumulation of power wilted him down. A young baby Vargas gave Trinidad hell, and Vargas was more sound technically than Margarito. It took Tito to move up to 160 for him to FINALLY get knocked out...after taking a lot of punishment...ending in the FINAL round. He was never knocked out again. Tito was the real deal. His glaring flaw was that in all his losses, he showed failure to adapt. In other words, the fights he lost, he lost them big.

Take ANY version of Margarito and put it in with Trinidad at his best, Trinidad wins. It would be brutal while it lasted.
Well Tito did fight with an advantage in the lower weights of reach and height but when he foughts guys of his same size like wright he was dismantled. Simple game plan of cover up walk forward and Jab. Margarito is no walk in the park for any opponent and if you watched the Pac fight you would know he has a pretty durable chin. His pressure style and high volume punches I think would cause a problem to TITO. Tito can usually walk through his opponents and thats just not going to happen with margarito no matter whom you are. My prediction for this fight is Margarito by brutal knockout in the 11 round just like Cotto.

figzuki
10-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Well Tito did fight with an advantage in the lower weights of reach and height but when he foughts guys of his same size like wright he was dismantled. Simple game plan of cover up walk forward and Jab. Margarito is no walk in the park for any opponent and if you watched the Pac fight you would know he has a pretty durable chin. His pressure style and high volume punches I think would cause a problem to TITO. Tito can usually walk through his opponents and thats just not going to happen with margarito no matter whom you are. My prediction for this fight is Margarito by brutal knockout in the 11 round just like Cotto.

wow just wow... :killyou:

IMDAZED
10-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Margarito was seriously hurt by both Danny Perez and Daniel Santos, and got dropped by the former. His chin isn't that ungodly. And it's not his durable chin that would be the problem here, it would be his complete lack of defense that'll leave him getting his head decapitated a la Yori Boy Campas.

SplitSecond
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
lol, a brawler vs a slugger never, ever ends well

for the brawler that is

gibo
10-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Tito would put Margarito, with his face first wide swinging style, in the nearest hospital within 6 rounds! Super middleweight Tony got f*cken smoked by SSM and Pacquiao who are midgets compared to him. Imagine what TITO would do!!!

JAB5239
10-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Margarito was seriously hurt by both Danny Perez and Daniel Santos, and got dropped by the former. His chin isn't that ungodly. And it's not his durable chin that would be the problem here, it would be his complete lack of defense that'll leave him getting his head decapitated a la Yori Boy Campas.

Good post Daze!

The Surgeon
10-22-2011, 01:29 PM
No need to put much thought into this or over complicate it - If u weigh 147lbs or less and step to Tito with a guard like Margarito's ur going to sleep and i dont give a ***** how good ur chin is...

$BloodyNate$
10-25-2011, 01:39 AM
Seriously this is too much of a mismatch to be discussed in this quality section. Trinidad is the one Puerto rican who is actually tailor made for the traditonal Mexican style. He would rape the chavez Sr and margaritos of the world just laugh at their best shots and give chavez a worse beating then Oscar and margarito a worse beating then mosely.

DeepSleep
10-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Margarito isn't anywhere near Tito's league at 147lbs.

TintaBoricua
10-25-2011, 08:05 PM
No need to put much thought into this or over complicate it - If u weigh 147lbs or less and step to Tito with a guard like Margarito's ur going to sleep and i dont give a ***** how good ur chin is...

This.

Everyone at 147 got hurt by Trinidad at some point...you could also argue that Oscar felt his power and elected to cruise and play it safe the final four rounds (regardless whether he won or not).

I don't think Margarito would throw 100 punches per round against Trinidad. It isn't as if Margarito would be able to go to war with Trinidad for 12 rounds and take his best punches for the full 12.

Vargas nearly did it and that was a 154 Trinidad. I heavily, heavily favor a 147 Trinidad over A LOT of fighters. That guy could knock your block off AT ANY MOMENT.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMTmCUexlG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really feel bummed that I wasn't a fan of boxing back then to really ride the wave of hype that Tito brought back then. :(

apokalips
10-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Honestly, I don't see what chance Margarito would have in this fight. This has Tito KO writtten all over it.

I remember the aura Margarito had after that Cotto fight. He became this MONSTER that could wear down any fighter...then Mosley who was a HUGE underdog pulled off one of those spine tingling performances and punctuated it with the KO...one of the best performances in recent years.

This fight would be explosive though! War Tito!!

Thread Stealer
10-26-2011, 10:46 PM

Nah, he suffered KDs at 147 against Cortes (who did seem to hurt Trinidad), Stephens, Carr, Campas, and Lueshing.

Regardless, Trinidad still fu*ks Margarito up. Not only is Trinidad on a higher level than Margarito, but he was also a terrible style matchup for Tony.

PunchesNbuncheS
10-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Seriously this is too much of a mismatch to be discussed in this quality section. Trinidad is the one Puerto rican who is actually tailor made for the traditonal Mexican style. He would rape the chavez Sr and margaritos of the world just laugh at their best shots and give chavez a worse beating then Oscar and margarito a worse beating then mosely.

Tito vs Margarito would be a great ****ing fight. I see Tito beating Margs because he is a better boxer, has more power, is just as big and he doesnt tire. I see either a late KO for Tito or a unanimous decision for Tito because Margs has a chin.

The one thing that makes the fight interesting is that although Tito's chin is decent it isnt great and he wouldnt be fighting a defensive fight because Tito likes to be macho and scrap just like Tony does so thats the only thing that makes the fight intriguing to me because I know that Tony would also land. Bad ass fight though but I see Tito winning it.

Now as for the bull***** comment you made about Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. getting beaten by Trinidad. You do realize that Chavez was a small guy who came from the lower weight divisions dont you? Chavez use to fight at 130,135,and at 140 he reached his ceiling when he was older and no longer prime so any fight that he had at 147 was just an old ATG doing what he knew to do which was to keep fighting well after his prime had left him.

Now if were talking pound for pound match up, then you already know what happens. If a prime Chavez and a prime Tito squared up and they were the same size then Tito gets mauled, he gets backed up and brutalized to the body and his left hook that he used so effectively gets neutralized by Chavez's head in your chest style. Tito would have no room to breathe and much less even get the needed room to throw a left hook and even if he somehow managed to land that punch, Chavez is known for having an iron chin so you know how that would go for Tito. Chavez has forgotten more inside fighting skills than Tito ever acquired so he would just get mauled.

Ask any of the veteran Boricua posters on here who know their boxing and about how styles mesh in the ring if in a pound for pound scrap Tito hangs with the monster that was a prime Chavez!

You must not know too much about just how good he was. Chavez is arguably top 30 ATG in boxing history while Tito although a very very good fighter is no where near Chavez Sr. Go look up anybodies top 100 ATG list and youll see that Chavez ranks higher in all of them that Tito.

So watch your mouth before you say dumb crap. Educate yourself.

T.Horton
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
LMFAO

:nonono: Shaking my head at Tito's "suspect chin"...damn, i just took a look at that article and i think Graham Houston must be getting old. That was rubbish.

MJ223
10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
both are preassure fighters, tito is the better boxer, tito has more power.

Tito by late KO....

End thread

BennyST
10-28-2011, 04:05 AM

Yet he was dominated, lost every round badly, and got brutally stopped by a 40 year old, past prime, shoddy defence brawler in Mosley. His style is made to order for some fighters. A guy who is fast, skilled, has major power and great stamina beats Margarito every time.

Go watch more Tito. He doesn't crumble under pressure, gets stronger as the fight goes on, was never really badly hurt when knocked down and Margarito doesn't actually punch hard enough to hurt him anyway.

I just find it hilarious that Margarito supposedly stops Benitez (because if defensive genius Cotto was making him miss and lasted to the 11th round, Benitez doesn't stand a chance at making it look literally 1000 times easier....No! He gets stopped much quicker than even Cotto), Oscar and Tito all quicker than Cotto.

Honestly, Tito couldn't lose. I remember, as quite a few seemingly don't I guess, when Margarito got badly hurt against Santos (not a brutal puncher by any means), knocked out by 40 year old Mosley, outpointed by defenceless, slow Williams, and had the brakes beat off him by a quick, southpaw. Tito is just as big, much faster, has just as much stamina, much more skills and most importantly he has the power (even ore so than Mosley) to quite literally break Margarito down within the first 6 rounds. Campas was thought to have a scary iron chin and was hurt much less than Margarito up to that point and had shown a stronger chin....Look what happened there. No defence and slow=loss.