View Full Version : S. T. Gordon

Pastrano
10-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Who has watched his fights? I always wondered about him since he virtually came out of nowhere and beat guys like DeLeon, Lopez, Berbick and Burnett. And all save Berbick by stoppage. He was also the WBC cw champion after he koed DeLeon. But Sugar later avenged this defeat on points and recaptured the title. Gordon's only stoppage loss came after a 4 year layoff, to some journeyman.

TBear
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
I guess you could say Gordon was a crude puncher. I didn't know much about him before he upset Deleon for the cruiserweight title other than seeing he stopped Yaqui Lopez. But Gordon had strength and very heavy hands. He also suprised me in the Berbick bout in his try at heavyweight in which he basicly out slugged Berbick. In rematch with with Deleon I don't know if dropping back to cruiserweight hurt Gordon or not but Deleon deserves credit for going back to basics and rediscovering the boxer in himself. After the loss to Gordon, Deleon worked his way back by dissecting Leon Spinks and after in the Gordon rematch he was a different and wiser fighter. I believe as with many fighters that have reached the top, being beat like Gordon was when he was just on top of the world was too much and Gordon lost interest in fighting after that.
But Gordon was a powerful, entertaining fighter with limits, and for a couple years he was on top of the game.

Pastrano
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Thank u for your feedback.:biggthump