GodsSoldier
10-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Who do yall think is the top 5 fastest fighters ever

hanzoh74
10-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Zellenof.....hes the man!

Hakuna Matata
10-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Taking everything out of the equation except speed...

1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Zab Judah
3. The list gets pretty crowded from two on.

However, I'm pretty confident that I've never seen a fighter faster than RJJ and Zab was pretty close to Roy. Other guys have had great timing which makes them appear to have faster punches, but I don't think anyone has had faster hands and feet than Roy and Zab.

BennyST
10-16-2011, 03:55 AM
At 140 Zab was scary fast. Despite his other failings, his speed was truly up there with the best and it was simply mind blowing.

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Taking everything out of the equation except speed...

1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Zab Judah
3. The list gets pretty crowded from two on.

However, I'm pretty confident that I've never seen a fighter faster than RJJ and Zab was pretty close to Roy. Other guys have had great timing which makes them appear to have faster punches, but I don't think anyone has had faster hands and feet than Roy and Zab.
So those two are faster than the greatest flyweights ????

SplitSecond
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM

show us........or are you just thinking "since they're smaller, they're faster"

Hakuna Matata
10-16-2011, 12:43 PM

In a word, yes.

Small guys have higher work rates and throw quick combinations, but I think the original poster was asking about pure speed.

New England
10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
i'll add some names that i have not seen yet
no order outside of the first one

60's ali in my opinion is the fastest // most fleet fighter i've ever seen
of course his size factors into that. he's got a lot more to move around.

yuri gamboa

hector camacho

meldrick taylor

sugar ray leonard

floyd patterson

SCtrojansbaby
10-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Hector Camacho separates himself as the fastest hands I have ever seen.

Vilicious86
10-16-2011, 01:14 PM
130 Mayweather, RJ, Mosley, Prince Naseem,

Pastrano
10-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Macho Camacho
Meldrick Taylor
Yuri Gamboa
Sugar Ray Leonard
Oscar De La Hoya/Roy Jones jr

joseph5620
10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Macho Camacho
Meldrick Taylor
Yuri Gamboa
Sugar Ray Leonard
Oscar De La Hoya/Roy Jones jr

Those two shouldn't even be in the same sentence when it comes to speed. Shane Mosley alone was faster than Delahoya.

Pastrano
10-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Those two shouldn't even be in the same sentence when it comes to speed. Shane Mosley alone was faster than Delahoya.

I KNEW it! I knew this retard would complain about DLH being on the list, as he does when he's on ANY list! :fu2: Yes, Mosley was as fast as him, but he didn't keep that speed as long and it sure didn't help him against Forrest or Wright.

Vadrigar.
10-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard
Roy Jones
Muhammad Ali
Meldrick Taylor
Manny Pacquiao

Honorable Mention: Charlie Zelenoff

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4rrU2UWWX2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

joseph5620
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I KNEW it! I knew this retard would complain about DLH being on the list, as he does when he's on ANY list! :fu2: Yes, Mosley was as fast as him, but he didn't keep that speed as long and it sure didn't help him against Forrest or Wright.

Mosley was faster than Delahoya. How long he kept it wasn't the question in this thread, genius. How fast did Delahoya look against Sturm and Hopkins? I'm not surprised you would include Delahoya because of your love for him. Considering you think he was a better welterweight than Sugar Ray Leonard.

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
In a word, yes.

Small guys have higher work rates and throw quick combinations, but I think the original poster was asking about pure speed.
So was I,..... Pancho Villa was much faster...... Bantamweight Carruthers...... what is this ?????....... Old time fighters didn't have the same speed as today's...... I'd like to see your thesis on that...... A LHW compared to Villa in H2H speed.......... I will await this thesis on how that's possible..... was Joe louis faster than Willie PeP ??

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
show us........or are you just thinking "since they're smaller, they're faster"
Indeed I am........ there are many small fighters with blinding speed,.... I have a scientific basis for my opinion..... what's yours ??

Pastrano
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Mosley was faster than Delahoya. How long he kept it wasn't the question in this thread, genius. How fast did Delahoya look against Sturm and Hopkins? I'm not surprised you would include Delahoya because of your love for him. Considering you think he was a better welterweight than Sugar Ray Leonard.

Not just a better welterweight but a better BOXER p4p too. Say what you will.

Jay Volcano
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr., Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao, Meldrick Taylor.

*Zab Judah, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali.

joseph5620
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM

I don't have to say anything. That speaks for itself. But most here already know you're a joke and your opinions are comical.

Pastrano
10-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't have to say anything. That speaks for itself. But most here already know you're a joke and your opinions are comical.

Funny how only idiots always thrash my opinions...that only makes me feel better about myself.:D :banana:

joseph5620
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Funny how only idiots always thrash my opinions...that only makes me feel better about myself.:D :banana:

It's funny how only idiots make asinine statements like you do. "Delahoya a better boxer and p4p fighter than Sugar Ray Leonard." :lol1: If that makes you feel better about yourself, carry on.

Scott9945
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Here is a shout out to the quickest handed fighter I've ever seen, Fast Eddie Hopson. Too bad his chin didn't allow him to get on a bigger stage to showcase it.

I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned Cassius Clay, by far the fastest heavyweight ever.

DeepSleep
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Joan Guzman was a freak. Unfortunately he never really learned to box and liked to eat mucho food...

I might be biased but from what I have seen of Gary Russell Jr. in the gym he appears to be the speed king currently.

Hakuna Matata
10-16-2011, 11:55 PM
So was I,..... Pancho Villa was much faster...... Bantamweight Carruthers...... what is this ?????....... Old time fighters didn't have the same speed as today's...... I'd like to see your thesis on that...... A LHW compared to Villa in H2H speed.......... I will await this thesis on how that's possible..... was Joe louis faster than Willie PeP ??

No thesis necessary. It pretty simple, just because a man "can" be faster doesn't "make" him faster.

For you to say that the smaller fighters are faster just because they're smaller is silly, just like your reply to my post.

If you think Villa should be on the list, then add him to your list and leave mine alone.

Hakuna Matata
10-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Joan Guzman was a freak. Unfortunately he never really learned to box and liked to eat mucho food...

I might be biased but from what I have seen of Gary Russell Jr. in the gym he appears to be the speed king currently.

I've only seen Russell Jr. fight a couple times but I didn't see the blinding Roy Jones like speed everyone was talking about.

Are there any Youtube clips of Gary that show off his speed in the ring?

SCtrojansbaby
10-17-2011, 12:08 AM
joan guzman was a freak. unfortunately he never really learned to box and liked to eat mucho food...

I might be biased but from what i have seen of gary russell jr. In the gym he appears to be the speed king currently.

wtf ??????

LeG00N
10-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Meldrick- Taylor had the fastest hands IMO
Sugar Ray Leonard
Roy Jones jr
Hector Camacho

SplitSecond
10-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Indeed I am........ there are many small fighters with blinding speed,.... I have a scientific basis for my opinion..... what's yours ??
can you link me to some footage of pancho villa demonstrating his speed?
and Jimmy Carruthers wasn't that fast at all

dan_cov
10-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Meldrick Taylor.
Roy Jones.
Sugar Ray.
Willie Pep.
Hector Camacho.

Fastest of today...
Yuriorkis Gamboa.
Gary Russell Jnr = Possibly the fastest hands I've ever seen.

Honourable mentions; Tyson, Ali, Patterson (Patterson was probably faster than Ali, amazingly fast H/W in his prime)

Pastrano
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
wtf ??????

My thoughts precisely. One of the dumbest statements ive ever seen, even here.

Pastrano
10-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Rigo the Jackal is one of the fastest fighters ive seen lately.:boxing:

Ziggy Stardust
10-17-2011, 09:29 AM

Flat out asinine. Sorry Leonard doesn't have the "right" pigmentation for you but Oscar couldn't carry Ray's jock h2h, resume, or any other way you want to compare them.

Poet

Pastrano
10-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Flat out asinine. Sorry Leonard doesn't have the "right" pigmentation for you but Oscar couldn't carry Ray's jock h2h, resume, or any other way you want to compare them.

Poet

Tell me one thing SRL did better than ODLH! ONE thing jabroni. He got his azz kicked by a lightweight.

Ziggy Stardust
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Tell me one thing SRL did better than ODLH! ONE thing jabroni. He got his azz kicked by a lightweight.

Try: Everything. And btw, he lost a CLOSE decision to someone who just so happend to be the Lightweight GOAT. Oscar got schooled by a past-it Sweet Pea and a Lightweight that doesn't crack the top-10 (Mosley). Sorry Leonard wasn't white enough for you :loser9:

Poet

The_Demon
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM

What are you talking about? every single poster in the history section trashes your opinions because they are ridiculous

Its obviously in a p4p sense-Camacho,Ali and Leonard for me outside of the obvious Jones

DeepSleep
10-17-2011, 01:08 PM
wtf ??????

Have you ever watched Guzman box???

He simply threw haymakers and hoped his reflexes take him away from punches. He wasted all his talent because I'll say it again he never learned to box.

Guzman Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNXDe00MXMo

Fun to watch though.

New England
10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Have you ever watched Guzman box???

He simply threw haymakers and hoped his reflexes take him away from punches. He wasted all his talent because I'll say it again he never learned to box.

Guzman Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNXDe00MXMo

Fun to watch though.

he had terrific feet and balance

he wasted his talent because he was a bonehead and didnt train hard.

McGoorty
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
No thesis necessary. It pretty simple, just because a man "can" be faster doesn't "make" him faster.

For you to say that the smaller fighters are faster just because they're smaller is silly, just like your reply to my post.

If you think Villa should be on the list, then add him to your list and leave mine alone.
Your list is up to you,... but I know that the fastest Flyweights are faster than say the fastest LW's......... that's why so many fighters spar much lighter fighters..... for speed,... But I doubt Roy would have sparred many Flyweights..... he'd have to pull his punches, I also know for a fact that Jones was very fast for a LHW.... you could say he had the speed of a WW....... but hit harder than most of them and he would eventually knock Pancho Villa's head....... right off.

McGoorty
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
can you link me to some footage of pancho villa demonstrating his speed?
and Jimmy Carruthers wasn't that fast at all
Most old films are in a different speed than today's film, I hope you already know that. But I can show you others who were also quicker..... Panama Al Brown,,,,, and many many films of other Flyweights to Feathrweights,... show that they are clearly lightning.... what about Ricardo Lopez..... anybody really think that Jones, Taylor or any WW and above was as quick as the tiny blokes....... I take these above posts as meaning in the weight class of the fighter named,...... maybe Meldrick Taylor is more "impressive for his speed at WW than Villa at Flyweight. I don;t think many here watch many Flyweights very much at all.

IronDanHamza
10-17-2011, 01:55 PM

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

McGoorty
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
As for me I think Oscar would have had a hard time tagging Ray, and I see Leonard stopping him with several combinations, I actually think either Leonard would toy with Oscar, Benny Leonard would have knocked him out also......

Pastrano
10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
As for me I think Oscar would have had a hard time tagging Ray, and I see Leonard stopping him with several combinations, I actually think either Leonard would toy with Oscar, Benny Leonard would have knocked him out also......

:nono: No he would not. Oscar is bigger and stronger than Ray, not by much but enough. He does NOT get knocked out by a guy with average power. Leonard's power has been mythologised by his gay lovers. Oscar's chin held up against Mosley, who hit harder and was as fast as Ray and his stamina is way better than Hearns'. If anybody would get stopped, it would def be Sugar.

SplitSecond
10-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Most old films are in a different speed than today's film, I hope you already know that. But I can show you others who were also quicker..... Panama Al Brown,,,,, and many many films of other Flyweights to Feathrweights,... show that they are clearly lightning.... what about Ricardo Lopez..... anybody really think that Jones, Taylor or any WW and above was as quick as the tiny blokes....... I take these above posts as meaning in the weight class of the fighter named,...... maybe Meldrick Taylor is more "impressive for his speed at WW than Villa at Flyweight. I don;t think many here watch many Flyweights very much at all.

show me the video which demonstrates the awesome speed of pancho villa and Jimmy Carruthers

and ricardo lopez is not lightning at all

roy jones at 160 would baloon to 175-180(he was 180 in the hopkins fight)
so it was basically a cruiserweight fighting a middleweight fight night, yet jones was clearly faster

pazienza was the smaller fighter vs jones yet jones who again more than likely was alot heavier than pazienza was also alot faster than pazienza not to mention bigger

kinda like pacquiao who would baloon upto 147 lb's yet still be the much faster fighter

quit talkin out your ass or show me proof

anyway, pretaining to the topic at hand
my top 5
roy jones
meldric taylor
hector camacho
yuriorkis gamboa

i can't think of a fifth right now, maybe gary russell jr

Pastrano
10-17-2011, 02:15 PM
^^^^^ Proof of terminal retardation. I hope to hell you got yourself fixed so you're not passing on any moron genes on to the next generation :puke:

Poet

Welcome back to my ignore list, turd.:wave:

IronDanHamza
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Howard Davis Jr was pretty fast.

Meldrick Taylor
60's Muhammad Ali
Roy Jones Jr
Ray Leonard

I'm not sure who would get the final spot.

Ziggy Stardust
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Wilfred Benitez >>>>> Oscar de la Hoya
Thomas Hearns >>>>> Oscar de la Hoya
Roberto Duran >>>>> Oscar de la Hoya
Marvin Hagler >>>>> Oscar de la Hoya

What do they all have in common (besides being better than Oscar de la Hoya)? They all LOST to Ray Leonard :bringit9:

Poet

McGoorty
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
**** you're a clown, show me the video which demonstrates the awesome speed of pancho villa and Jimmy Carruthers

and ricardo lopez is not lightning at all

roy jones at 160 would baloon to 175-180(he was 180 in the hopkins fight)
so it was basically a cruiserweight fighting a middleweight fight night, yet jones was clearly faster

pazienza was the smaller fighter vs jones yet jones who again more than likely was alot heavier than pazienza was also alot faster than pazienza not to mention bigger

kinda like pacquiao who would baloon upto 147 lb's yet still be the much faster fighter

quit talkin out your ass or show me proof

anyway, pretaining to the topic at hand
my top 5
roy jones
meldric taylor
hector camacho
yuriorkis gamboa

i can't think of a fifth right now, maybe gary russell jr
I'm making a list... and you are the new #1..... I'm a clown am I ????..... I give you the decency to respond to a question and you carry on like a Galah ??...... I don't think too many here will agree with you calling me a clown...... I don't give a rats ass what you think knobknuckle. Go and play on the highway babyboy. I said you were entitled to your opinion but now I take that from you...... your opinions are disturbingly insane,... go and commit yourself to a mental hospital.

SplitSecond
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
show me the video which demonstrates the awesome speed of pancho villa and Jimmy Carruthers

if you could, please

Pastrano
10-17-2011, 03:59 PM
every post you've made here is stupid, now

if you could, please

Lay off McGoorty, he's a helluva nice guy! Or else...you will be in a world of pain!:D :boxing:

McGoorty
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
every post you've made here is stupid, now

if you could, please
Please yourself...... you better not be saying that all of my 2500 plus posts were all stupid. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500952 ...... and this one is to prove that Willie Pep a FW was way faster than your nuthugger fanclub....... http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502897

McGoorty
10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Lay off McGoorty, he's a helluva nice guy! Or else...you will be in a world of pain!:D :boxing:
Oh yeah,,,, I got Lightning in these hands you know,... I'm fighting "Holey Foley" soon.

Scott9945
10-17-2011, 08:59 PM

He did everything better. And DLH's career also ended with a loss to a lightweight, and he wasn't 40 like Leonard. If they fought on their best days, Leonard walks right through Oscar the overhyped fraud. You really missed the boat on this one.

RubenSonny
10-18-2011, 05:09 AM
He did everything better. And DLH's career also ended with a loss to a lightweight, and he wasn't 40 like Leonard. If they fought on their best days, Leonard walks right through Oscar the overhyped fraud. You really missed the boat on this one.

Flyweight if we are to apply Ernst Röhms logic.

Pastrano
10-18-2011, 07:55 AM
:rofl: So a man who beat 22 elite fighters and won 10 titles in 6 weight classes is an overhyped fraud? Nice assessment.

joseph5620
10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
:rofl: So a man who beat 22 elite fighters and won 10 titles in 6 weight classes is an overhyped fraud? Nice assessment.

The answer to that is yes when he's elevated to something he wasn't. Your post are a perfect example of that.

NChristo
10-18-2011, 03:43 PM

Neither Leonard is knocking him out, Oscars chin was granite.

<Till he met Tito and had to run for his life>

GF of Boxing
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr., Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao, Meldrick Taylor.

*Zab Judah, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali.

Totally agree! Have to throw Floyd Patterson in that bunch as well.

Scott9945
10-18-2011, 09:18 PM

So is "elite" fighter an official status, or simply just your opinion? Don't answer, the question is rhetorical. And those six titles aren't as impressive when you consider that DLH beat one of the most obscure Junior lightweights ever (Bredahl) while staying away from the division's best (Nelson). But that's better than Oscar's "reign" at 160, where his only win was a terrible decision over, once again, the weakest available titleholder.

McGoorty
10-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Neither Leonard is knocking him out, Oscars chin was granite.

<Till he met Tito and had to run for his life>
You'd be surprised about Benny's hitting power,,,,, not Gans level but he could punch hard, I think he beats Oscar pretty easily and Benny may wear Oscar down,... Oscar could be stopped and I think Tszyu may have been able to at least TKO DeLaHoya,.... I beleive Kostya hit quite a bit harder than both Leonards..... Tszyu was quick too and he could drop fighters cold with one shot.

McGoorty
10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
You'd be surprised about Benny's hitting power,,,,, not Gans level but he could punch hard, I think he beats Oscar pretty easily and Benny may wear Oscar down,... Oscar could be stopped and I think Tszyu may have been able to at least TKO DeLaHoya,.... I beleive Kostya hit quite a bit harder than both Leonards..... Tszyu was quick too and he could drop fighters cold with one shot.
But both Leonards in their prime beat Tszyu,.... especially Benny,..... he's just too experienced and clever for Tszyu.

joseph5620
10-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Tszyu did not his "quite a bit harder" than Sugar Ray Leonard. That's ridiculous. What can you even base that on considering Tszyu never fought above the 140 pound division? Tszyu didn't knock out Hatton with his punches. And Hatton would never go the distance with Ray Leonard under any circumstances.

Ziggy Stardust
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Funny how people only seem to remember the "shoe shining" Ray Leonard that fought Hagler and not the brutal punching Ray Leonard from before his first "retirement" :dunno9:

Poet

jabsRstiff
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Funny how people only seem to remember the "shoe shining" Ray Leonard that fought Hagler and not the brutal punching Ray Leonard from before his first "retirement" :dunno9:

Poet

People need to see Ray's victories over Andy Price, Pete Ranzany, Davey Green, and Ayub Kalule to see what he was capable of.

He could definitely hurt you, and he was as great a finisher as anyone in the sport's history.

Pastrano
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Tszyu did not his "quite a bit harder" than Sugar Ray Leonard. That's ridiculous. What can you even base that on considering Tszyu never fought above the 140 pound division? Tszyu didn't knock out Hatton with his punches. And Hatton would never go the distance with Ray Leonard under any circumstances.

Tszyu knocked out a certain fellow named Zab Judah, a prime Zab Judah. Knocked his head off almost.

NChristo
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM

I'm not surprised by Benny's punching power and he isn't knocking out Oscar, sorry, he's took punches of bigger punchers and shook them off.

I'm not not at all a fan of Oscar but Benny isn't beating him 'easily' either, Oscar is good enough to give any Lightweight a half decent fight.

Pastrano
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
People need to see Ray's victories over Andy Price, Pete Ranzany, Davey Green, and Ayub Kalule to see what he was capable of.

He could definitely hurt you, and he was as great a finisher as anyone in the sport's history.

Ayub Kalule got stopped prematurely. The stupid ref couldnt even speak english. He stopped it because he thought Kalule's facial expression said he didn't wanna continue, without asking him if he wanted!

Ziggy Stardust
10-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Even better: Watch what happened when Leonard landed a left hook to Hearns' ribcage in their first fight.

Poet

jabsRstiff
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
"Oscar could be stopped and I think Tszyu may have been able to at least TKO DeLaHoya,.... "

Stopped by who?

Oscar was stopped by Hopkins at 160, and then when he was ludicrously shot, by Pacquiao. Benny Leonard would not stop Oscar, and Tszyu wouldn't either.

Shane Mosley and Trinidad couldn't drop or stop him....seriously doubt Tszyu does. They were both bigger and better than Kostya.

joseph5620
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Tszyu knocked out a certain fellow named Zab Judah, a prime Zab Judah. Knocked his head off almost.

What does that have to do with Sugar Ray Leonard? Leonard Stopped Hearns and Benitez. Both better fighters than Judah.