View Full Version : Anybody else think Fedor could revive at 205?

Boxingtech718v2
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I think Fedor could be dominant in the UFC at 205. Lets be honest he was always a small HW that probably was really a fat LHW. If he cut off the belly fat he would be faster, stronger, and have more stamina. Anybody else think Fedor could pwn at 205?

-Swizzy-
10-15-2011, 01:30 AM
I've been saying this for the past 2 years ever since Lesnar won the title. When Brock won the championship in only his 3rd fight, I knew that skill had given way to pure brute strength in the HW division. With the weight limit being so high it was gonna happen sooner or later and the smaller HW's wouldn't be able to hang with the big ones, no matter how skilled they were. Fedor just stayed around long enough to fall victim to the new era of the HW division.

ƒallenloki
10-15-2011, 03:23 AM
nope.............

Big BRICKS
10-15-2011, 07:28 AM
I've been saying this for the past 2 years ever since Lesnar won the title. When Brock won the championship in only his 3rd fight, I knew that skill had given way to pure brute strength in the HW division. With the weight limit being so high it was gonna happen sooner or later and the smaller HW's wouldn't be able to hang with the big ones, no matter how skilled they were. Fedor just stayed around long enough to fall victim to the new era of the HW division.

What about Cain? He's by no means a small dude, but 6'1 240lbs isn't very big for heavyweight at all.

piano man
10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Fedor is old.

K-Yo
10-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Nope, he was on his way to being put to sleep by a former UFC Middleweight before Herb Dean intervened

hayZ
10-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Hes old and it'll be too hard for him to cut that much weight at this point of his career.

Kimo
10-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Having that sort of figure and still fighting these giants at HW never made sense to me either. Even by getting into 'regular' shape which let's face it, most mma fighters have because of their diet and training, he could definitely be a force at 205 and showcase his skills instead of being bullied around.

People always say being 'ripped' doesn't really matter but if you look like you just came out of the bar something is not right. Also compare the physique of todays Fedor to his prime shape he definitely has lost some explosive muscle.

Kimo
10-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Hes old and it'll be too hard for him to cut that much weight at this point of his career.

I seriously wonder if he even knows how to cut weight, both physically and mentally.

Age has nothing to do with it, plenty of guys his age that do it in both boxing and mma. Tito Ortiz is absolutely massive but he makes 205 on the dot.

the traveler
10-15-2011, 09:43 AM
He'd definetly be competitive. More relevant than at HW at the moment, which has a lot of monsters in it right now.

-Swizzy-
10-15-2011, 11:38 AM
What about Cain? He's by no means a small dude, but 6'1 240lbs isn't very big for heavyweight at all.

I still believe if Lesnar didn't turtle like a *****, he could have beaten Cain.

No doubt Cain is really strong for his weight. But he's an exception. Though I still think he could lose to a bigger and less skilled HW eventually.

With Fedor, we're talking about a guy who's probably more of a natural MW fighting at HW. That, and he needs to change camps. Fedor's camp isn't keeping up with modern mma camps like Jackson's, AKA and Cesar's.

TheGreatA
10-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I believe it was Daniel Cormier who said he'd rather fight at heavyweight against than at 205 because the skill level is a lot lower. Fedor could have difficulties adjusting to the speed and skill of the lower weights.

Fedor's problem is that his own skills and speed have diminished a lot over the years, to the point where he no longer possesses such a huge advantage over the likes of Antonio Silva and other big heavyweights.

Joeyzagz
10-15-2011, 01:08 PM
I think Fedor may have been a tad over rated.

Fedors losing streak occurred before the age of 35 not after, age isnt an excuse. Hendo was 40 years old and still kicked his ass.

He should retire before he embarrasses himself further.

$BloodyNate$
10-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Nah, I've always disagreed with this because the man was PERFECT for heavyweight in HIS TIME, because he was actually faster which is really what made him who he was IMO kinda like how Byrd was in boxing. The sport just passed him by though, he was wasted the last few years of his prime by it was a joy to watch him while it lasted!

$BloodyNate$
10-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I think Fedor may have been a tad over rated.

Fedors losing streak occurred before the age of 35 not after, age isnt an excuse. Hendo was 40 years old and still kicked his ass.

He should retire before he embarrasses himself further.

Absolutely ridiculous, stick to your british boxing.