View Full Version : Why is Overeem so overhyped..

SLIMY RAT
10-12-2011, 10:44 AM
AT HW?

AT LHW he was always a risky fight because he is skilled.. however he lost most of his steps up in competition. Despite having a variety of skills he has well known heart issues and gas tank problems.

His fans claim moving to HW made the difference.. But really look at his record.. the majority is either cans/past primers and he has only two top wins.. a top 10 in Rogers and Werdum who was top 5. I believe Werdum despite being a very good fighter got boosted above that too much after his win over a faded Fedor.

He looked pretty awful vs his first major test in Werdum as well lets be honest and his old problems at LHW seemed to resurface (he looked very gassed late on).

Lets put it into perspective as well.. Lesnar a guy most people think isn't worth much at the top level. Holds in his short time in MMA 3 wins over top 5 opposition and yes Couture was champion.. doesn't matter if he was out over a year.. so got removed. A win over Mayweather would have meant nothing for Ortiz because he had 14-16 months out??

I didn't realize putting on 60lbs helped with Cardio/heart issues either.

So can someone tell me what all the hype is about? just muscles? i honestly don't see Overeem beating the likes of Cormier, JDS, Cain possibly even Mir. Even the Lesnar fight is close to 50/50 and i would put money on Brock if it wasn't for life threatening illnesses (he looks tiny in recent videos). Just don't see him ever wearing UFC HW gold....

New England
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
He's got solid defense in terms of staying on his feet and his hands and feet are as good as any big man in mma

he won a K1 grand prix (8 man final tournament after many rounds of qualifying)

that's three fighters in one night.

the big kibosh
goodnight irene.

i'm also a fan of the reem as a man. he's a humble champion, yet he's as confident at this stage as any fighter around.

he will crush brock lesnar

SLIMY RAT
10-12-2011, 11:16 AM
It's not so much about him and Lesnar and what may happen.. but more about why is he so hyped at HW.. i would for sure back 3 possible 4 hw to beat him right now.. and a few i'd give a fair chance too..

And to be frank after seeing lesnar recently and his comments about WWE i also see Reem beating him fairly easily. Lesnar has one more fight on his contract and White seems to want a new monster.. if Lesnar wins its still all good because he will probably have the confidence to resign and he is the biggest cash cow.

His k1 stuff is fairly impressive but not that great.. does it mean if he keeps it standing vs Lesnar he will wreck him?? hell yeah.. cause brock standup is total ass.. but vs the likes of JDS/Cain/Cormier.. not so much.

D.C.
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
It's not so much about him and Lesnar and what may happen.. but more about why is he so hyped at HW.. i would for sure back 3 possible 4 hw to beat him right now.. and a few i'd give a fair chance too..

And to be frank after seeing lesnar recently and his comments about WWE i also see Reem beating him fairly easily. Lesnar has one more fight on his contract and White seems to want a new monster.. if Lesnar wins its still all good because he will probably have the confidence to resign and he is the biggest cash cow.

His k1 stuff is fairly impressive but not that great.. does it mean if he keeps it standing vs Lesnar he will wreck him?? hell yeah.. cause brock standup is total ass.. but vs the likes of JDS/Cain/Cormier.. not so much.

Cain is the most overrated HW in MMA right now.

SLIMY RAT
10-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Cain is the most overrated HW in MMA right now.

Cain?? The guy has beaten Lesnar, Nog, Kongo and Rothwell.. in his first 7 fights in the UFC.. He also has a pretty good standup game and is a very good wrestler.

$Natedatpkid$
10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Cain & Dos Santos would make him their biitch. I think Mir could probably take him too.

But Lesnars an absolute great style match up for him. Gonna be an easy fight so get ready for the ridiculous hype to get worse before it gets better. He's just extremely unproven at heavyweight. His best win is Werdum in an ugly fight.

He'll destroy Lesnar in the first but get destroyed by the winner of Dos Santos & Cain. Best believe it!

Blackfoot
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Cain & Dos Santos would make him their biitch. I think Mir could probably take him too.

But Lesnars an absolute great style match up for him. Gonna be an easy fight so get ready for the ridiculous hype to get worse before it gets better. He's just extremely unproven at heavyweight. His best win is Werdum in an ugly fight.

He'll destroy Lesnar in the first but get destroyed by the winner of Dos Santos & Cain. Best believe it!

didn't you say guillard was the next lightweight champ?

SLIMY RAT
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Glad to see i am not the only one who thinks so..

Someone said Jon Jones gets all the hype for dominating like Reem... So Reem deserves to be hyped just the same. Kinda forgetting that Jones has been beating not only top 5 guys in there weight class.. but top 5 ATG's in the young history of MMA.. as well as good level guys like Bader.

Mir has made some nice improvements of late could see it happening.. Doubt Reem would have won the strikeforce HW tourney tbh.. but then again Cormier did take his place and wasn't in from the start.

The Lesnar/Reem fight was a masterstroke by Dana.. he can't lose either way. IF it was Brock @ UFC 100 i could see him taking down Reem and GNP him. Now? unlikely and Brock only has 1 more fight.. if he wins he probably signs a new contract. If not He goes back too WWE :lol1: and Dana has his new muscle head beast..

$Natedatpkid$
10-13-2011, 04:12 PM
didn't you say guillard was the next lightweight champ?

1. Who the **** are you? Better question is prolly whos alt.
2. Why dont you post all your predictions like you prolly never saw good potential in a young fighter after a few good wins.
3. I didn't even start that thread, Kaps did if i remember right.

STFU. Guillard has more quality wins at lightweight then Overeem does at heavyweight in their respected weight classes idiot.

Dunham, Roller, Huerta. Jeremy Stephens, Dennis Siver and Gelsion Tibau

10>>>>>>>>>>> then Paul Bentuallo, Mark Hunt, james Thompson, Brett Rodgers, Fujita, Todd Duffee and ONE, count em, ONE good win vs Werdum where Overeem looked like POOP. His only ranked win at heavyweight.

Stephens, Siver, Dunham are all top 15 Lightweights which is better then Overeems.

Dorian
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
1. Who the **** are you? Better question is prolly whos alt.
2. Why dont you post all your predictions like you prolly never saw good potential in a young fighter after a few good wins.
3. I didn't even start that thread, Kaps did if i remember right.

STFU. Guillard has more quality wins at lightweight then Overeem does at heavyweight in their respected weight classes idiot.

Dunham, Roller, Huerta. Jeremy Stephens, Dennis Siver and Gelsion Tibau

10>>>>>>>>>>> then Paul Bentuallo, Mark Hunt, james Thompson, Brett Rodgers, Fujita, Todd Duffee and ONE, count em, ONE good win vs Werdum where Overeem looked like POOP. His only ranked win at heavyweight.

Stephens, Siver, Dunham are all top 15 Lightweights which is better then Overeems.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KOvv49b3d-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaps
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I never said Guillard was the next LW champ....

Marchegiano
10-15-2011, 04:50 PM
lol, y'all are ****ing stupid. I tied it up for The Reem.

kaps
10-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Brock is more overhyped than the Reem. That's for sure. Although Horsemeat didn't look to good against Werdum....

BKM-2010
10-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Because he put his attributes to good use. One of the best kickboxers in the world for one, which even an idiot can see is incredibly usefull for MMA. And his groundgame has always been solid. Overeem is the real deal, people are just excited to finally see him matched up against the best. With that, against guys who make good fights, not spoilers like Werdum.

Marchegiano
10-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Most American fans know of MMA as UFC. Most American fans don't know of The Reem. Generally speaking there is no hype around Alistair. No one even ****ing knows his name, let alone skill set. Yet even kids in gyms call MMA UFC......In my gym, usually about 200 strong, the people who know Alistair only know him because of me. I puts his fights on the big screen projector and we get it in theatre style....inversely, I get a consistent flow of new and old wanting to be the next ultimate fighter. No one ever comes to me and asks to learn MMA...it's ALWAYS Ultimate Fighting.......Who the ****s got the hype train? I still get kids who don't know Brock isn't the champion....Brock was super hyped to the point alot of people don't know he's lost past Mir 1.... Stupid, stupid, disconnected from the world style question the OP supposes. Get off the Internet homie and interact with the ******* down the block. He'll tell ya he's training to be a UFC fighter.

SLIMY RAT
10-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Brock is more overhyped than the Reem. That's for sure. Although Horsemeat didn't look to good against Werdum....

Well obviously Lesnar was really hyped because he was with UFC.. he is fairly limited but like i said he does hold quite a few wins over well ranked HW's unlike Overeem..

Rocky...
10-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Ive got him to beat brock, but i dont know if he could beat cain or dos santos, i think he would come up short against them 2.

-Swizzy-
10-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Overeem won the K-1 tourney(best standup tourney there is) and won the Euro-Abu Dhabi Submission tourney. Not only that, he is EASILY going through his HW competition especially as of late.

Everyone likes to harp on his ugly win over Werdum, but look at the strategy Werdum employed against him. It's the same thing Maia did to Anderson. Can't fight a guy that doesn't want to fight. If Werdum did that same sh*t against Dos Santos, it would have been just as ugly of a fight. That fight was on Werdum not on Overeem. But still, Overeem did go into Werdum's guard a couple of times and looked completely comfortable in there against the best BJJ guy at HW.

Overeem isn't overhyped. If anything, he is underhyped cuz most casual fans don't know about him yet.

edit: also not to mention only 2 of his 35 wins have gone to a decision. he has 14 wins via ko/tko and 19 via sub. Before Werdum, he won 9 fights in a row in the 1st round and 29 total 1st round victories. Reem is the real deal.

dough401
10-18-2011, 08:38 PM
on this topic im not sure if you have seen overeem in his past K1 fights and what he does to ppl stand up and defense is off the charts brock has no shot and i cant wait till we see his stand up with JRs or Cains should be off the hook!

kaps
10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Overeem won the K-1 tourney(best standup tourney there is) and won the Euro-Abu Dhabi Submission tourney. Not only that, he is EASILY going through his HW competition especially as of late.

Everyone likes to harp on his ugly win over Werdum, but look at the strategy Werdum employed against him. It's the same thing Maia did to Anderson. Can't fight a guy that doesn't want to fight. If Werdum did that same sh*t against Dos Santos, it would have been just as ugly of a fight. That fight was on Werdum not on Overeem. But still, Overeem did go into Werdum's guard a couple of times and looked completely comfortable in there against the best BJJ guy at HW.

Overeem isn't overhyped. If anything, he is underhyped cuz most casual fans don't know about him yet.

edit: also not to mention only 2 of his 35 wins have gone to a decision. he has 14 wins via ko/tko and 19 via sub. Before Werdum, he won 9 fights in a row in the 1st round and 29 total 1st round victories. Reem is the real deal.

Werdum lost because of the butt flopping. He was outstriking Reem. But Reem isn't overrated. Well maybe a little but not blown out of proportion like Brock or Mir.

#1 JDS
#2 Cain
#3 Barnett
#4 Reem

SLIMY RAT
10-18-2011, 09:40 PM
on this topic im not sure if you have seen overeem in his past K1 fights and what he does to ppl stand up and defense is off the charts brock has no shot and i cant wait till we see his stand up with JRs or Cains should be off the hook!

LOL people always go on about his K1 stuff.. from what i have seen he just covers up and waits to land a really big counter..

He can punch hard there is no doubt about it... But k1 is a total different set of rules. Why was Overeem outstruck by Werdum of all people if he ws this fantastic striker? because he had to worry about being taken down or subbed

$Natedatpkid$
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM

What? Lesnar has fought ten times the opposition already. Herring, mir twice, even couture carwin and Cain 20x > James Thompson, brett Rogers, Paul beuntello fujita and werdum twice.

SLIMY RAT
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM

That's because he has been mainly fighting cans/low ranked opponents..

When he starts beating the likes of Cain, JDS, Mir, Lesnar, Carwin or even lesser UFC heavies like Kongo/Meathead etc in 1 round i might take that stat seriously

$Natedatpkid$
10-18-2011, 09:46 PM
LOL people always go on about his K1 stuff.. from what i have seen he just covers up and waits to land a really big counter..

He can punch hard there is no doubt about it... But k1 is a total different set of rules. Why was Overeem outstruck by Werdum of all people if he ws this fantastic striker? because he had to worry about being taken down or subbed

Not to mention he had sorta an easy path to his tournament victory. His kicks and knees are good but your right with his hands its all power dos Santos would outbox the hell outta him like sergei did.

kaps
10-18-2011, 11:01 PM
What? Lesnar has fought ten times the opposition already. Herring, mir twice, even couture carwin and Cain 20x > James Thompson, brett Rogers, Paul beuntello fujita and werdum twice.

Herring? Mir?

Are you joking?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727182050/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

$Natedatpkid$
10-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Herring? Mir?

Are you joking?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110727182050/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

Herring is better then all those names on overeems heavyweight resume besides werdum. Since when is frank mir not a world class fighter? Because he lost to lesnar you discredit him? Cain went life and death with lingo and.mir.raped.him. destroyed nelson like dos Santiago not to mention the first man to sto the 2nd greatest heavyweight ever. Cain took his.sloppy seconds.

kaps
10-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Herring is better then all those names on overeems heavyweight resume besides werdum. Since when is frank mir not a world class fighter? Because he lost to lesnar you discredit him? Cain went life and death with lingo and.mir.raped.him. destroyed nelson like dos Santiago not to mention the first man to sto the 2nd greatest heavyweight ever. Cain took his.sloppy seconds.

I've always discredited Mir, he fluked his way into both his "Title reigns". His biggest win is over a sick Nog. Mir is a joke and anyone who's been following the sport for more than 2 years knows it. Remember when he got mauled by LHW Brandon Vera? He also couldn't put away Roy Nelson when he had pneumonia. Fact is Overeem has been fighting a long time at multiple weights, paid his dues, and deserves a lot more credit than **** Chestner.....

-Swizzy-
10-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Werdum lost because of the butt flopping. He was outstriking Reem. But Reem isn't overrated. Well maybe a little but not blown out of proportion like Brock or Mir.

#1 JDS
#2 Cain
#3 Barnett
#4 Reem

I don't get this "werdum out struck reem" argument everyone is making. Obviously Reem didn't expect Werdum to strike, nor did he react when he did get hit. As reem said, those weren't real strikes, just setup strikes. Just look at Reem's face after the fight.

Tell Reem before that fight "Werdum is a great striker and he is gonna go for the KO", and then see if he still gets out struck.

Dorian
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
What happens when he fights a guy who is willing to trade blows.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9lFnD6GVl4I/TS4x3U-jsxI/AAAAAAAAABg/gO0pdyR7L-g/s1600/Overeem+GIF+1.gif

and all of his K1 fights..

$Natedatpkid$
10-20-2011, 12:52 AM
What happens when he fights a guy who is willing to trade blows.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9lFnD6GVl4I/TS4x3U-jsxI/AAAAAAAAABg/gO0pdyR7L-g/s1600/Overeem+GIF+1.gif

and all of his K1 fights..

We've already been over this sergei made him his biitch and the only reason he beat sergei the second time was because he took him down because he refused to trade. And in that k-2. Gp win in the second round he won by injury to his teammates who was already hurt from thenfight before and beat peter aerts in the finals because he had such a easy 1st and.2nd round whereas aerts went through a grueling war in the round its like bragging about beating gatti after he went to hell with ward the same night the fight before not because of.overeems improved cardiovascular which is.still a huge problem if prenatal can last the first overeems screwed like carwin.

And kaps bringing up vera to discredit mir is like bringing up paulo thiago to discredit kos. It was a fluke. Mir was a shell of his former self til he reinvented himself. Roy is hard to finish that's ridiculous too it was still not even close one of the worse beatings in heavyweight history. Mir.is underrated as hell. True athlete well rounded as ****. He'd kill vera is that vera from then fought current mir tomorrow.

dough401
10-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Well with his first fight in the ufc being brock if you feel he is overhyped now wait till this is over cause i believe this is gonna be a first round ko! Unless they put him in the cage with guys like cain or jr no other hw really has a shot...

SLIMY RAT
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Interesting that people think Brock is a total joke and faced rubbish..

This is what Cormier had to say on the fight recently

***8220;I think Overeem***8217;s a tough fighter, a really tough fighter,***8221; Cormier said. ***8220;His stand-up is great. He won the K-1 World Grand Prix. I think with Alistair you have to look at when he was at 205 and people were testing his will. Nobody***8217;s done that at heavyweight. We***8217;ll see if he***8217;s overcome that, because he***8217;s been stopped a lot of times. We need to see him tested. I want to see if Brock can test him, because we***8217;ve seen him check out. He was that guy who lost a lot of tough fights. You would think if he was mentally tougher, he wouldn***8217;t have 11 losses, but he***8217;s a very good fighter.

***8220;Brock never had the luxury I did, fighting the level of guys I did to slowly work your way up. He was fighting the top guys from the start and then ran into Cain. Cain***8217;s not a good matchup for Brock. A really good wrestler is going to be tough for Brock because Brock is a little behind the guys he***8217;s fighting in stand-up, and if he can***8217;t wrestle them, he***8217;s in trouble. But he threw himself into the deep end from the start, and he won***8217;t back down from anyone. I respect him a lot.

I don't know if people try and discredit him for being a WWE guy or that he got a title shot so easy. But like Cormier said he has had an incredibly tough run for a guy who is so green... Carwin and Cain are horrible matchups for him due to there wrestling.. yet he still is 1-1 vs them

The guy is 5-2 its hardly anything to sneer at and lets be honest if he wasn't so green he would have never lost to Mir first time out and would be 6-1

I'd put money on Reem getting destroyed by Cain also.

dough401
10-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Its very all very true and good story but imo i just dont see it ive watched all his fights and it almost seems like he knows his faults and doesnt fix them and shouldve never lost to mir... Ive watched overeem since k1, strikeforce etc and i think his standup is to strong for brock as for the other hw it should be interesting

SLIMY RAT
10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Its very all very true and good story but imo i just dont see it ive watched all his fights and it almost seems like he knows his faults and doesnt fix them and shouldve never lost to mir... Ive watched overeem since k1, strikeforce etc and i think his standup is to strong for brock as for the other hw it should be interesting

his (Brock) Striking defense is awful..

His actual offensive striking ability is not THAT bad.. he knocked Couture out and put Mir/Herring on there ass a few times

He certainly has flaws and mainly gets by with his power and wrestling.. but remember he has been actual real fighting for what 3 years or so? + 2 life threatening bouts of diviculitus

kaps
10-20-2011, 02:48 PM
his (Brock) Striking defense is awful..

His actual offensive striking ability is not THAT bad.. he knocked Couture out and put Mir/Herring on there ass a few times

He certainly has flaws and mainly gets by with his power and wrestling.. but remember he has been actual real fighting for what 3 years or so? + 2 life threatening bouts of diviculitus

He did not KO Couture. He had him on the ground laid on him, and gave him baby elbows till the ref stopped it...

SLIMY RAT
10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Whatever he pretty much put him out with it and its pretty undeniable that he put him down with it..

His striking is certainly passable..

His ability to defend and take a punch is awful tho

dough401
10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
exactly he cant stop a punch and imo reem striking is that far ahead of his should be a fairly quick KO brock only shot is to get a take lay on him and ground n pound witch i do have to say is second to none beast! well we got another 2 months to find out lol

Marchegiano
10-22-2011, 01:21 PM
sure, ignore the point. You've got no basis of argument. No one even knows his ****ing name. No one even knows the sports god damn name. the UFC is the only hype. No one's heard of pride, dream, or strikeforce. I hate to be the guy who lets y'all know, but we're MMA nerds. We're not normal. Your at a god damn forum arguing about the hype of a fighter. That screams obsession. Of course we all know, but the majority of PPV subscribers, and kids in sports bars. The vast majority of "fans" don't know a god damn thing, and have no opinion other than the immediate first impression. Hell. Most people who watch BJ vs Diaz will only know BJ.

Cain and JDS have not shown enough to fairly judge. y'all people like to see a good fight then make **** up. As if you can tell from less then 30mins footage his skill set and its effectiveness. I've been in the gym way too long. I guarantee if you were fighting one of them your trainer would be worried about the lack of footage to pick apart. Everyone here's an expert who acts nothing like the fellas who paid to be experts.

I'd also like to point out. The butt flop limits striking. Werdum won the levels. If it was indeed a striking comp he lost pathetically. 10-8 every round. You can claim hands landing is superior striking, but if it were in ropes. He lost the boxing match, he lost the kickboxing. MMA is the ONLY sport you can score Werdum's striking in. He gave up knockdowns....or course that limits a striker. Maybe MMA ought to score power shots. Maybe, like most striking sports, knocking someone down with a punch might ought to be of higher value than smacking them gingerly. I'm not saying he didn't land punches. I'm saying landing punches does not win a boxing match homie. It doesn't win any striking match...hell...it ain't even enough to win in MMA obviously. we both know Werdum would get torn up in a boxing match, or kickboxing match. I don't really see your point. Werdum set up and failed to go to the ground. Alistair ate more punches, but Werdum went to the ground. That's a part of striking. He lost at it.

quit ****ing pretending to be some kind of great insightful knower. Use some god damn sense for ****s sake.

dan_cov
10-22-2011, 01:33 PM
The problem IMO is with UFC fanboys. They are quick to label fighters as bums but as soon as anybody in the UFC gets a win over a heavily faded & often extremely overrated ''legend'' they apparently become a monster & allsorts of rubbish.

Lets be honest here, they are ****ing hypocrites!

Take for example how they praise Shane Carwin as a monster, saying he is this & that. His best wins are against Gonzaga (heavily washed up & has approx 40% of his fights coming at a loss)
He holds a notable win against Mir who isn't a bad fighter but he's not a top tier H/W. Apart from that he's fought complete bums & lost to a 5 fight novice & got completely dominated against Junior Dos Santos who many will disagree but is very untested & looks very average in all departments.

Reem will beat Brock & get no credit from these morons.

They claimed Duffee was a monster, even said it was a freak K.O loss and such, soon as he is fighting Overeem ''OMG DUFFEE IS A TOMATO CAN THAT GOT FIRED FROM THE UFC FOR HAVING NO CHIN''

dan_cov
10-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Overeem is a beast, he's not all hype. Anybody that has followed MMA can clearly see he was weight drained at 205. He's 6ft5 & was walking around at 240lbs, ffs!

He's destroying guys & whilst they might be labelled ''bums'' by few, you can clearly see Overeem isn't the same fighter he was at 205 & the way he is dispatching of these guys is insane.

He's now going into the UFC anyway, stepping up in opposition. We'll see him tested & whilst he may lose a fight or so, I assure you he is not over-hyped, if anything he is underrated.

SLIMY RAT
10-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Most American fans know of MMA as UFC. Most American fans don't know of The Reem. Generally speaking there is no hype around Alistair. No one even ****ing knows his name, let alone skill set. Yet even kids in gyms call MMA UFC......In my gym, usually about 200 strong, the people who know Alistair only know him because of me. I puts his fights on the big screen projector and we get it in theatre style....inversely, I get a consistent flow of new and old wanting to be the next ultimate fighter. No one ever comes to me and asks to learn MMA...it's ALWAYS Ultimate Fighting.......Who the ****s got the hype train? I still get kids who don't know Brock isn't the champion....Brock was super hyped to the point alot of people don't know he's lost past Mir 1.... Stupid, stupid, disconnected from the world style question the OP supposes. Get off the Internet homie and interact with the ******* down the block. He'll tell ya he's training to be a UFC fighter.

Stop talking gibberish..

It's clear that i am talking about the more hardcore MMA fans or MMA nerds as you call them.. rather then the casual viewers or kids. Why the **** would i be posting here in the first place otherwise??

Marchegiano
10-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Stop talking gibberish..

It's clear that i am talking about the more hardcore MMA fans or MMA nerds as you call them.. rather then the casual viewers or kids. Why the **** would i be posting here in the first place otherwise??

How the **** does that change a god damn thing? Your still trying to compare fan hype vs promotional company marketing engine. No matter what your argument there is no bases for over-hype. He's entering the most hyped league in MMA. From Cain to Coleman the UFC is over-hyped. Alistair will be. Y'all will totally exaggerate what you've seen, and what it means to MMA, but that happens after the marketing engine. Of course he's not over hyped...there are plenty in the UFC no one will argue for. Hell. ****ing Buentello was a part of the UFC before Alistair, and after losing in SF to The Reem. Was Alistair more deserving? yeah. Is he presently more deserving than say Berry, Strurve, or Kongo? ****ing yes. What happened to that damn can Hardonk? Alistair would have ****ed him up so bad his momma would feel it. He should have been in the UFC a long ass time ago. Hype's ****ing stupid. He belongs more than 90% of the roster. He is with out a doubt one of the top five in the division. Cain and JDS your gonna rank one and two because the UFC told you to, now who? Carwin will gass. Brock's gonna put his head down and run. Nog's way too old, and slow. Mir's got an ankle grabbing chance, but first he's gonna get laid out by a right, and maybe not get that ankle. Nelson's guard is all wrong. Crocop's gonna get ****ed even harder. Schuab's a ****ing idiot. There simply isn't enough good HW for him to not be good. Hell, if the UFC hadn't ****ed you head you'd be disappointed in them all. Sure AO's got holes. Struve has more. Kongo's got more.

cute ****ing puppy.

SLIMY RAT
10-22-2011, 03:39 PM
LOL see this is what i am talking about..

His fanbois seem to think putting on 40lbs of muscle has turned him from a skilled fighter who usually came up short vs top comp too a complete beast who now destroys everyone...

When is reality the only top guy he has fought in ages at HW is Werdum and his old problems at LHW resurfaced yet again (Cardio).

Overeem is a beast, he's not all hype. Anybody that has followed MMA can clearly see he was weight drained at 205. He's 6ft5 & was walking around at 240lbs, ffs!

He's destroying guys & whilst they might be labelled ''bums'' by few, you can clearly see Overeem isn't the same fighter he was at 205 & the way he is dispatching of these guys is insane.

He's now going into the UFC anyway, stepping up in opposition. We'll see him tested & whilst he may lose a fight or so, I assure you he is not over-hyped, if anything he is underrated.

SLIMY RAT
10-22-2011, 03:45 PM
How the **** does that change a god damn thing? Your still trying to compare fan hype vs promotional company marketing engine. No matter what your argument there is no bases for over-hype. He's entering the most hyped league in MMA. From Cain to Coleman the UFC is over-hyped. Alistair will be. Y'all will totally exaggerate what you've seen, and what it means to MMA, but that happens after the marketing engine. Of course he's not over hyped...there are plenty in the UFC no one will argue for. Hell. ****ing Buentello was a part of the UFC before Alistair, and after losing in SF to The Reem. Was Alistair more deserving? yeah. Is he presently more deserving than say Berry, Strurve, or Kongo? ****ing yes. What happened to that damn can Hardonk? Alistair would have ****ed him up so bad his momma would feel it. He should have been in the UFC a long ass time ago. Hype's ****ing stupid. He belongs more than 90% of the roster. He is with out a doubt one of the top five in the division. Cain and JDS your gonna rank one and two because the UFC told you to, now who? Carwin will gass. Brock's gonna put his head down and run. Nog's way too old, and slow. Mir's got an ankle grabbing chance, but first he's gonna get laid out by a right, and maybe not get that ankle. Nelson's guard is all wrong. Crocop's gonna get ****ed even harder. Schuab's a ****ing idiot. There simply isn't enough good HW for him to not be good. Hell, if the UFC hadn't ****ed you head you'd be disappointed in them all. Sure AO's got holes. Struve has more. Kongo's got more.

cute ****ing puppy.

Seriously shut the hell up with that crap.. the UFC ****ed with my head? right when i went on record in this thread saying i believed who wouldn't have won the Strikeforce tourney?

I'd like to see the post of him not being deserving of a place in UFC as well lol.. He clearly was/is.

I just don't see this beast @ HW unlike his fans.. he needs to step up and dominate a few top heavy to prove he is really this different fighter from LHW

monaroCountry
10-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Overeem is a former K1 world champion where the best kickboxers fight, he is also a former ADCC European champion. Overeem is way better than any UFC fighter striking and far better than any current UFC fighter on the ground (excluding faded legends like Nog).

Overeem has probably more fights and more experience than the top 10 UFC HW fighters combined.

Im going with Overeem by KO in the first round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZcvMmI8vOk

N!GGALAS CAGE
10-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Overeem is one of most successful and popular fighters to never fight in the UFC. He's done a lot in the sport so far.

Not sure if he can beat JDS or Cain, but I'd bet money he'd run through the other heavyweights in the UFC without too much trouble.

I was kind of hoping Frank Mir would be his debut fight. I never get tired of seeing Mir get his ass handed to him.

monaroCountry
10-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Overeem is one of most successful and popular fighters to never fight in the UFC. He's done a lot in the sport so far.

Not sure if he can beat JDS or Cain, but I'd bet money he'd run through the other heavyweights in the UFC without too much trouble.

I was kind of hoping Frank Mir would be his debut fight. I never get tired of seeing Mir get his ass handed to him.

Considering that JDS and Cain's primary weapon of choice has been their striking, im sure Overeem have seen far better strikers in his lifetime.

JDS and especially Cain are pretty inexperienced compared with Overeem.

Cain was especially troubled by Cheick Kongo, Kongo isnt exactly K1 level striker.

Blair_Wells#32
10-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Werdum was especially in experienced in the forms of K-1 Striking and what happend?

monaroCountry
10-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Werdum was especially in experienced in the forms of K-1 Striking and what happend?

Werdum isnt a bad striker, but his level of ground game would make any striker go super cautious. One miss timed kick or punch and the fight does to ground with Werdum leaving with an arm or a leg.

This is where Overeem's experince comes in, even though Overeem is a far better striker, he didnt go in there going crazy with kicks and punches. Brock would make this mistake though. A bit like the Mir v Brock 1.