View Full Version : Favourite CLASSIC FIGHTER QUOTES

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Your Favourite quotes from Fighters.This Thread is for any humourous and dry Fighter quotes that tickle yer funny bone. My favourites are from fighters who were actually trying to be serious but said something funny without fully realising it. Here is my first one which I really enjoy. It's from Melbourne legend Frankie Flannery trying to tell a reporter how hard he thought Jack Hassen hit.Frankie Flannery was asked in retirement who hit him the hardest in his epic bouts. He responded "Jack Hassen". When reminded that he'd KO'd Hassen in their meeting, Flannery replied.."Yeah, but I don't remember doing it":grouphug:

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 09:32 AM
From Rocky Marciano when being asked by the TV guy after winning the title from Walcott. the interviewer told Rocky he was now champion and what's it feel like to be the champ, Rocky Replied, "Well, I knew I hadda do sumthin,.. yeah, I knew I hadda do summFin". ------------ Anyone want to know if Jersey Joe could hit ????

McGoorty
10-14-2011, 04:21 AM
NO Favourite Quotes ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

BKM-2010
10-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Joe Louis said about facing Schmeling again
"Yes I'm affraid. Affraid I might kill Max Schmeling"

McGoorty
10-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Joe Louis said about facing Schmeling again
"Yes I'm affraid. Affraid I might kill Max Schmeling"
Hitler nearly had a heart attack......... I read that hitler ordered the death of Max's old P.E. teacher from high school, it goes to show that P.E. Teachers are not good enough at their job.

JAB5239
10-14-2011, 05:05 AM
He can run but he can't hide. -Joe Louis

Time to bring home the bacon. -Joe Gans

Shortly after being retired Rocky Marciano was asked by a class of school children if he thought he could but current champion Floyd Patterson. "I'd be bragging if I said I could, but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't."

McGoorty
10-14-2011, 06:12 AM
He can run but he can't hide. -Joe Louis

Time to bring home the bacon. -Joe Gans

Shortly after being retired Rocky Marciano was asked by a class of school children if he thought he could but current champion Floyd Patterson. "I'd be bragging if I said I could, but I'd be lying if I said I couldn't."
"CARMEN,... 9 out of ten experts say Robinson will take your Title"............ Carmen replied "9 out of 10 experts are wrong"...... not the most hilarious...... but very dry.

JAB5239
10-14-2011, 06:19 AM
"CARMEN,... 9 out of ten experts say Robinson will take your Title"............ Carmen replied "9 out of 10 experts are wrong"...... not the most hilarious...... but very dry.

I always loved that quote. He wasn't trying to be funny but it came out that way in my opinion. He was just determined and absolutely detested Robinson.

Kid McCoy
10-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Alan Minter - "sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

Tex Cobb to the referee in the Holmes fight - "Hey you're white. Do something."

Marvin Hagler - "It's hard to get up and run at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas"

JAB5239
10-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Alan Minter - "sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing, but none of them serious."

Tex Cobb to the referee in the Holmes fight - "Hey you're white. Do something."

Marvin Hagler - "It's hard to get up and run at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas"

Out of any fighter in history that I can recall, Tex Cobb consistently had the most entertaining quotes.

When Cobb heard what Cosell had said during the Holmes fight about never calling another fight he said "I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"

Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the **** kicked out of me."

New England
10-14-2011, 07:55 AM
"I see three of him in there"

"hit the one in the middle"

from rocky, but who cares

i'm sure its been said in the ring at some point.

mkennedy25
10-14-2011, 01:05 PM
When George Benton was asked why he had never been knocked down in his pro career i believe he said:

"Because i have eyes on my rear and slip punches in my dreams"

NChristo
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Marlon Starling on Lloyd Honeyghan - "I'll fight him for nothing, if the price is right."

JAB5239
10-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Marlon Starling on Lloyd Honeyghan - "I'll fight him for nothing, if the price is right."

Lol, classic!! :lol1:

Scott9945
10-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Randy Gordon interviewing Wilfred Benitez after a tough decision win in a non title fight.

Gordon: "Well Wilfredo, that wasn't exactly an easy fight"

Benitez: "Yes, it was exactly an easy fight"

McGoorty
10-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Lol, classic!! :lol1:
Veni Vidi Vici............ Julius Caesar was a real fighter...... he killed more than every boxer put together,.... so that quote fits here nicely.

goblin213
10-14-2011, 10:41 PM
"I'm gonna eat hamburgers and chesseburgers, and belly bump that little guy all over the ring. I'm gonna eat every flavor of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins, so when he starts to push me, he'll be pushing a whole franchise."--George Foreman before the Holyfield fight.

Capaedia
10-15-2011, 12:16 AM
In the fight of the century.

Muhammad: "Don't you know I'm god?"
Joe: "Well you in the wrong place tonight, god"

In the Thrilla.

Muhammad: "They told me you was washed up, Joe"
Joe: "Well they told you wrong, prettyboy.

I may have accidentally paraphrased, but I think that just sums the two fights up perfectly.

When Ken Norton was asked about his fight with George Foreman he simply replied "He beat me up"

Forza
10-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Clinton woods on why he became a boxer: After 5 years in the pubs, me teets were bigger than me mums!

George foreman was once asked what would happen if he ever lost: " I beg your pardon? " (this was when he was unbeaten)

Mike tyson: He was making effeminate noises in there like ooooooh owww wahh

Marvin hagler: from now on I'm going to use these (holds up fists) to determine the fight

floyd mayweather jr: Imma beat you till you respect me, imma beat you till you call me pretty

Roberto duran's doctor: duran might have a hart condition
Duran's trainer: What heart? He doesn't have one.

Ali on getting hit flush by shavers: he hit me so hard my folks in africa felt it

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Keep up the good work boys,......... great stuff, and all an enjoyable read.

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 10:09 AM
"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious." - Alan Minter --------------------------------- "If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass." - Randall Cobb ----------------------------------------------------------------- "I'm scared every time I go into the ring, but it's how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, 'Let's go.' " - Mike Tyson ------------------------------------------------------- "All the time he's boxing, he's thinking. All the time he was thinking, I was hitting him." - Jack Dempsey --------------------------------------------------- "Boxing is the only sport you can get your brain shook, your money took and your name in the undertaker book." - Joe Frazier --------------------------------------------- "The three toughest fighters I've ever been up against were Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Sugar Ray Robinson. I fought Sugar so many times, I'm surprised I'm not diabetic! But I did have him off the canvas once...when he stepped over my body to leave the ring." - Jake LaMotta :poke:

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 10:22 AM
When George Benton was asked why he had never been knocked down in his pro career i believe he said:

"Because i have eyes on my rear and slip punches in my dreams"

TwoTon TONY GALENTO ; (when asked about the Bard of Avon): "Shakespeare? I ain't never heard of him. I suppose he's one of them foreign heavyweights. They're all lousy. Sure as hell I'll moider de bum." ------------------------------------------- TONY SIBSON ; (on being beaten in a match): I figured I'd find him sooner or later but I never did. I asked myself "Where did he go?" I knew he was there because he kept hitting me. ----------------------------------------------------------- MAX BAER : (on Joe Louis): He hit me 18 times while I was in the act of falling. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------ANON (on Don ****ell): He is the biggest thing on canvas since "The Wreck of the Hesperus". -----------------------------------------------------TOMMY FARR : Every time I hear the name Joe Louis my nose starts to bleed. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 'ENERY COOPER ; was once confronted by a boxing abolitionist, Baroness Edith Summerskill, about the brutalities of his sport. We can all learn from his words of wisdom. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Baroness: Mr Cooper, have you looked in teh mirror lately and seen the state of your nose?
Cooper: Well madam, have you looked in the mirror and seen the state of your nose? Boxing is my excuse. What's yours? -----------------------------------------------------------------------Joe Frazier once met fellow-boxer Ken Norton at a social gathering. I am not sure if a fight followed the conversation below.

FRAZIER : Hey man, what you been doing?
NORTON : My wife just had a baby.
FRAZIER ? Congratulations! Whose baby is it? :Thinkingo

McGoorty
10-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Sam Langford was one boxer for whom confidence came easily. Before the start of one match he addressed the crowd "You'll pardon me gentlemen if I make the fight short. I have a train to catch." He then knocked out his opponent in the first round and promptly left for the station. (He caught the train).

On another occasion he was fighting a 12-round match with Jack Thompson. At the start of the seventh round he extended his glove to Thompson (this was the usual ritual done in the final round of a boxing match) who was quite puzzled. "This ain't the last round Sam." he said. "It is for you," replied Sam and a punch later, Thompson was unconscious.

Hakuna Matata
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Mike Tyson after knocking out Lou Savarese-

"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! I'm Alexander! He's no Alexander! I'm the best ever. There***8217;s never been anyone as ruthless as me. I'm Sonny Liston. I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"

It was more crazy than funny when he first said it, but it's pretty funny now.

THE REED™
10-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the **** kicked out of me."

:lol1: Epic

DarkTerror88
10-17-2011, 11:35 PM
When was a boy, in the gym I asked Frazier, "Hey mr. Joe, just how hard did Foreman really hit?" and I'll never forget what he said.

"Son, you ever try kissin the express train?"

Capaedia
10-18-2011, 01:22 AM
When was a boy, in the gym I asked Frazier, "Hey mr. Joe, just how hard did Foreman really hit?" and I'll never forget what he said.

"Son, you ever try kissin the express train?"

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Green k

McGoorty
10-18-2011, 01:28 AM

Green k
From ALEX COSTICA.....I go by boat now, Crouse he soon follow. Darcy knock him out quick, you see.
Costica

Kid McCoy
10-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Out of any fighter in history that I can recall, Tex Cobb consistently had the most entertaining quotes.

When Cobb heard what Cosell had said during the Holmes fight about never calling another fight he said "I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"

You could have an entire topic on Tex Cobb quotes alone. When asked if he wanted a rematch with Holmes, he replied: "I don't think his hands could take the punishment!"

Annoyed at all the criticism he was getting, Joe Bugner said "I'll fight anyone, even Jesus Christ himself", to which Reg Gutteridge replied: "now that's not fair Joe, you know he has bad hands."

"If he elbows you again, kick him"

- Angelo Dundee to Murray Sutherland during his fight with Mike Spinks

"I didn't want to fight Roy Williams. Nobody wanted to fight Roy Williams!"

- Larry Holmes

Capaedia
10-18-2011, 11:24 PM
From ALEX COSTICA.....

Ohhh no you don't McGoorty, you're not taking this one from Frazier!

Also I took the liberty of finding one of your old posts on Tex, JAB.

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass."

(When informed that Howard Cosell quit boxing after his fight with Larry Holmes) "My gift to boxing."

When asked about how he was going to fight Holmes by Howard Cosell "Well Howie, I think I'm going to stay outside and outjab him"

(Asked about a possible rematch against Larry Holmes) "I dont think his hands can take the abuse"

Asked about fighting Holmes again "Only if it's held in a phone booth"

"Larry Holmes doesn't hit as hard as Earnie Shavers. Nobody hits like Shavers. If anybody hit harder than Shavers, I'd shoot him."

"Larry Holmes didn't beat me he just won the first 15 rounds"

Versus Larry Holmes, the action was stopped so the ref could check on Cobb. He asked him, "Do you see me?" Cobb replies, "Yeah. You're white. It's the black guy I'm worried about."

"Earnie Shavers could punch you in the neck and break your ankle".

When Cobb heard what Cosell had said during the Holmes fight "I'll go another 15 rounds with Holmes if Howard will quit announcing football!"

"I stuck to my game plan -- stumbling forward and getting hit in the face."

"They called me a fat, cowardly, cocaine-snorting, fight-fixing
cheat," Who they calling fat!"

(When asked about continuing his career) "Better than getting a real job, right!"

"I was only knocked out once, by a Mexican bantamweight, you wanna know how come? Six of my pals were swinging him 'round by his heels at the time.."

"I'll do anything to keep from working for a living, if I've gotta fight a circus bear, then let's get the drawers on him and get it on!!"

When tex cobb was on Johnny Carson soon after the Holmes fight, Carson commented on how Holmes kept landing his jab on Cobb. Cobb said "you noticed that too?"

During the referee's instructions prior to his bout with Shavers, the ref asked the customary "Any questions"? Cobb replied "Can I bite him"?

DarkTerror88
10-18-2011, 11:34 PM

Green k

On separate occasions, I asked Holmes, Norton, Lyle, and Big George himself about my mentor.

Norton, "Joe and I were good friends, and i can be glad we were in the sane camp, I got to wear headgear against him"

Lyle, "I fought George, I KNOW how hard he hits. To get up six times in two rounds, and ready to go get some more to eat from the Buffet of pain, that is the single most amazing act I have witnessed take place in the ring."

Holmes, "Sure glad I wasn't a contender in 71. He'd hit my ribs so hard, my gran childen would be outta breath."

Foreman, "The toughest man in History. He would die in that ring before giving up. The fifth time he got up I was thinking, "at this rate my arms are gonna stay down before he does."."

Capaedia
10-18-2011, 11:44 PM
On separate occasions, I asked Holmes, Norton, Lyle, and Big George himself about my mentor.

Norton, "Joe and I were good friends, and i can be glad we were in the sane camp, I got to wear headgear against him"

Lyle, "I fought George, I KNOW how hard he hits. To get up six times in two rounds, and ready to go get some more to eat from the Buffet of pain, that is the single most amazing act I have witnessed take place in the ring."

Holmes, "Sure glad I wasn't a contender in 71. He'd hit my ribs so hard, my gran childen would be outta breath."

Foreman, "The toughest man in History. He would die in that ring before giving up. The fifth time he got up I was thinking, "at this rate my arms are gonna stay down before he does."."

As someone who lives in New Zealand, the fact that you manage to meet all those guys is astounding.

To even meet Tua I'd have to visit Burger King far more than is healthy.

McGoorty
10-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Ohhh no you don't McGoorty, you're not taking this one from Frazier!

Also I took the liberty of finding one of your old posts on Tex, JAB.
Joe Frazier ????....... since when did he sound like a Rumanian trying to string a sentence in English...... besides he said that before Smokin was born........................ SMOKIN'.

McGoorty
10-19-2011, 02:14 AM
As someone who lives in New Zealand, the fact that you manage to meet all those guys is astounding.

To even meet Tua I'd have to visit Burger King far more than is healthy.
Well Bro, things are back the way things should be,,,, You win the Rugby,.... and we thrash you in the Rugby League Test...... Kangaroo's and the All Blacks,.... best teams in sport... cheer bro.

TAC602
10-20-2011, 01:06 AM
"It don't matter as long as he can count up to ten"

"How would you like to find out how good my right is?"

"I think he should be locked up for impersonating a fighter."

http://static.boxrec.com/wiki/4/4f/Liston62Se.jpg

$ jmoney 210 $
10-20-2011, 10:47 PM

:lol1: good sh1t

jaded
10-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Mike Tyson about ESPN writer Wallace Matthews after he was accused of rape....

"He called me a 'rapist' and a 'recluse'. I'm not a recluse."

Miburo
10-21-2011, 12:59 AM
"Honey, I forgot to duck." -Jack Dempsey

McGoorty
10-22-2011, 04:15 AM
"Honey, I forgot to duck." -Jack Dempsey
I remember that one....... We almost have a chapter done here boys.

CubanGuyNYC
10-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Abbott: Give him the old one-three, one-three.

Costello: What happened to "two"?

Abbott: "Two" you get.

JAB5239
10-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Abbott: Give him the old one-three, one-three.

Costello: What happened to "two"?

Abbott: "Two" you get.

Nice one! :fing02:

DeepSleep
10-24-2011, 01:20 AM
After one of Iran Barkley's later fights, Larry Merchant asked him what he will be doing after boxing. Barkley's response with a straight face:

- "Robbing your house"

Always cracked me up.

McGoorty
10-24-2011, 06:18 AM
I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own.
Muhammad Ali.

McGoorty
10-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.
Muhammad Ali

McGoorty
10-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.
George Foreman

McGoorty
10-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.
George Foreman

#1Assassin
10-24-2011, 07:11 AM
"i'll fight any man, any man in the world. im not the best, im just a guy willing to fight the best".

- glen johnson

dchampishere
10-26-2011, 12:02 PM
" I am going to hit him so hard his next two kids will be born uncouscious"... Jorge Luis Gonzalez being interviwed at Navada Partners Gym in Las Vegas before the Bowe fight

Rockin'
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Reporter: Rocky do you have anything derogatory to say about the champion?

Rocky: Derogatory.. ahhh.....yeah, he's great.

.............Rockin':boxing:

McGoorty
10-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Reporter: Rocky do you have anything derogatory to say about the champion?

Rocky: Derogatory.. ahhh.....yeah, he's great.

.............Rockin':boxing:
Which Rocky was that ??... G or M..... ?.... I know there are a lot of Rocky's but you know who I mean.

CubanGuyNYC
10-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Which Rocky was that ??... G or M..... ?.... I know there are a lot of Rocky's but you know who I mean.

"B"...as in "Balboa". lol

Kid McCoy
10-28-2011, 03:04 PM
"If he's better than Ali my dick's bigger than Ron Jeremy's"

Ricky Hatton on Floyd Mayweather

BritishBoxing92
10-28-2011, 03:54 PM
my favourite fighter quote would be one of alis quotes

"im so fast that last night in my hotel room i switched off the light and was in bed before the light went off"

JAB5239
10-28-2011, 04:45 PM
"If he's better than Ali my dick's bigger than Ron Jeremy's"

Ricky Hatton on Floyd Mayweather

Lol, I don't remember that one, but its funny!

McGoorty
10-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Lol, I don't remember that one, but its funny!
It sure is......lol

New England
10-29-2011, 10:22 AM
"kelly pavlik is a tough cookie from youngstown!"

lennox lewis in '07 when pavlik fought taylor for the first time.

Jay Volcano
10-29-2011, 10:51 AM
"Everybody's got plans, until they get hit." Mike Tyson

CubanGuyNYC
10-29-2011, 11:15 AM
"Everybody's got plans, until they get hit." Mike Tyson

One of my favorite quotes. It's amazing how often it's true.

JAB5239
10-29-2011, 12:45 PM
"Everyone is a tough guy till they run into another tough guy." -Caesar Benedetti

cja07007
10-29-2011, 11:42 PM
"I played it like a man but I enjoyed it like a boy"
Marvin Hagler

DBSLM
10-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned some of James Toney Quotes
"you gotta bring ass to get ass." "I dont turn nothing down but my collar."
" Sam Peter got wobbled by light punching Wladamir Klitschko." "To all the haters come and see me." "I'm mack truck in a 190lb body."

McGoorty
10-30-2011, 05:35 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned some of James Toney Quotes
"you gotta bring ass to get ass." "I dont turn nothing down but my collar."
" Sam Peter got wobbled by light punching Wladamir Klitschko." "To all the haters come and see me." "I'm mack truck in a 190lb body."
I can see your point there//////////////////////////////////////

Greatest1942
10-30-2011, 08:41 AM
One of my favorite quotes. It's amazing how often it's true.

Well actually that was said by Je LOuis...and now its attributed to MIke Tyson.

It was said long before even Mike laced on a pair of gloves.

Greatest1942
10-30-2011, 08:50 AM

Joe Louis quotes :-

"Let me tell you, that was a thrill. Now, even more, I knew I had to get Schmeling good."

"Every man's got to figure to get beat sometime."

"I don't like money, actually, but it quiets my nerves."

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

" Once that bell rings you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy..."

"I made the most of my ability and I did my best with my title.”

"Every man's got to figure to get beat sometime."

"Yeah, I'm scared. I'm scared I might kill Schmeling."

"I hope they're still making women like my momma. She always told me to do the right thing. She always told me to have pride in myself; she said a good name is better than money."

Greatest1942
10-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Baer complained that in his match with Loughran, "I've been looking at left jabs all night, lefts, lefts, lefts, that's all I've seen." To which Dempsey said, "you could have stopped that lefty in the first round." When Max asked how, Dempsey stood up and told him to take off his coat. By now all activity in the restaurant had come to a stand still. "Now lead with the left," said Jack and as Max shot out his left arm, Dempsey fired his right fist into Baer's left bicep. When Baer cried out "you broke my arm" Jack smiled and said "I'll show you another punch" and as they were dancing around as if in a clinch, Jack punched Max in the side. "That's illegal" said Max. "They'll only warn you the first time" grinned Jack and they sat back down to finish eating.

McGoorty
10-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Baer complained that in his match with Loughran, "I've been looking at left jabs all night, lefts, lefts, lefts, that's all I've seen." To which Dempsey said, "you could have stopped that lefty in the first round." When Max asked how, Dempsey stood up and told him to take off his coat. By now all activity in the restaurant had come to a stand still. "Now lead with the left," said Jack and as Max shot out his left arm, Dempsey fired his right fist into Baer's left bicep. When Baer cried out "you broke my arm" Jack smiled and said "I'll show you another punch" and as they were dancing around as if in a clinch, Jack punched Max in the side. "That's illegal" said Max. "They'll only warn you the first time" grinned Jack and they sat back down to finish eating.
Some nice stuff there, good posts.

CubanGuyNYC
10-30-2011, 12:45 PM

I was unaware of that. I did an Internet search to confirm your claim. Looks like you're right. It's interesting how someone's quote can become so closely associated with someone else. It's a great line.

CubanGuyNYC
10-30-2011, 12:53 PM
"I define fear as standing across the ring from Joe Louis...and knowing he wants to go home early." -- Max Baer

Max was a larger-than-life kind of guy. He was charismatic and witty. The above line has to be one of his best.

CubanGuyNYC
10-30-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm sure that quite a few Mike Tyson quotes will make their way onto this thread. Tyson has been known to say all kinds of alternately silly, profound, shocking and pathetic things. One of my favorite Tyson lines isn't really a quote of his, it's a piece of advice Cus D'Amato once offered him.

As Tyson tells it:

"Cus once told me -- I never forgot that -- he***65279; said, 'Hey, there's animals disguised as human beings out here. You're not sophisticated enough to decipher the two.' "

McGoorty
10-31-2011, 02:09 PM
"(Boxing) Previous to the days of Broughton, it was downright slaughtering". ;-- PIERCE EGAN.

Capaedia
11-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Not from a fighter, but a commentator of the Ali-Frazier I.

"The referee is telling them to stop talking... They have time for that?"

Also one I just saw in an interview with Smokin' Joe when asked what his feelings about Muhammad Ali's ban from boxing.

"Well I was sad because uh, it didn't look***65279; like I was gonna have a chance to beat him up"

It's a good interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POz7lEzEWmE&NR=1) I think, could just be because I'm a Frazier fanboy.

#1Assassin
11-03-2011, 05:20 PM
" Look at his face! I will do this to all y'all, I don't care if you're a flyweight or your mommas weight i will kick.. your.. ASS! "

- James Toney, yelling in the middle of a packed gym

CubanGuyNYC
11-08-2011, 12:06 AM
(During "The Fight of the Century", March 8, 1971.)

Ali: "Don't you know I'm God?"

Frazier: "Well, 'God', you in the wrong place tonight!"

CubanGuyNYC
11-08-2011, 02:55 PM
"Ali kept calling me ugly. But I never thought of myself as being any uglier than him. I have 11 babies...somebody thought I was cute." - Joe Frazier

Capaedia
11-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Sometime during the Fight of the Century

Ali: "Is you crazy, Joe??"
Joe: "Yeah I'm crazy, I'm craaazy"

Barn
11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
"Joe they told me you was washed up."
"They told you wrong pretty boy."

"Referee Arthur Mercante tells them to touch gloves something they've been doing all night.

"Oh what a big thumping left hook that was."

"This Frazier kid is tough I'll tell ya!"

"Well I don't know if George can fight but uh, he punch good."

McGoorty
11-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Sam Langford had the best quotes, he was the original