View Full Version : Why Is It So DEAD HERE LATELY ?

McGoorty
10-11-2011, 09:07 PM
What's Happening here, I come back 24 hours later and it's still deathly Quiet. Are there any reasons ?? :ugh: :puppy_dog

New England
10-11-2011, 09:28 PM
i confess that my 2011 stanley cup champion bruins will be making a slight dent in my boxing time.
they always do, they just happen to be defending champions this time around for the first time in my life. i never miss a fight for a hockey game, though.
you got to have your priorities straight (and some room on your DVR)

got to a home game on columbus day (a bogus holiday in the states, supposedly celebrating the day columbus "discovered" america)

bliss. boston is titletown. i do not take it for granted.
that place is a shrine for great teams//athletic organizations (except the redsox, who have gone to the dames, kids and pinkhats)

I was going to get to putting up a new england top ten eventually
top five is basically complete, i've just got to let it sit and marinade so it's just right.

i love the abuse.
i ought to step my game up and get on it

Capaedia
10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
It's those ****ing lurkers.

(I'm kidding, we love you guys, come join in)

Really this forum isn't terrible unless you compare it to NSB, which would be an awful comparison since you're likely to find more intelligent comments in one decent thread here than you are on the first page of the NSB.

McGoorty
10-11-2011, 10:23 PM
i confess that my 2011 stanley cup champion bruins will be making a slight dent in my boxing time.
they always do, they just happen to be defending champions this time around for the first time in my life. i never miss a fight for a hockey game, though.
you got to have your priorities straight (and some room on your DVR)

got to a home game on columbus day (a bogus holiday in the states, supposedly celebrating the day columbus "discovered" america)

bliss. boston is titletown. i do not take it for granted.
that place is a shrine for great teams//athletic organizations (except the redsox, who have gone to the dames, kids and pinkhats)

I was going to get to putting up a new england top ten eventually
top five is basically complete, i've just got to let it sit and marinade so it's just right.

i love the abuse.
i ought to step my game up and get on it
Gee mate, I admit that Cricket is more important,... but Hockey ??..... lol... I played Hockey, the original (I hate cold) one of course, who ever heard of an Aussie ice hockey player LOL....... As for Columbus. I bet you walk over dead Viking graves over there but no Spanish conquistadors...... Do you think the Columbus myth is a christian plot to erase the HEATHEN PASTRANO's (oops I meant VIKINGS),.... from their rightful achievements....-------------------------- Hockey !!....lol...... No mate, you know I'm kidding, I stopped everything to watch Mighty LEEDS win a classic Grand Final over St. Helens for the English Super-League Title...... man the super-League is great,.. not quite Our NRL standard but frigging exciting brand of footy...... have you seen any NRL or SUPERLEAGUE ?????......... anyway mate,.... give me one reason why I should become a Bruins fan..... I got room for another team in the states,... I already try to follow the JACKSONVILLE AXEMEN coz dey's a rugby League team.

McGoorty
10-11-2011, 10:37 PM
It's those ****ing lurkers.

(I'm kidding, we love you guys, come join in)

Really this forum isn't terrible unless you compare it to NSB, which would be an awful comparison since you're likely to find more intelligent comments in one decent thread here than you are on the first page of the NSB.
It's a great forum, but it's been lonely sometimes,.... My threads get read but not a lot of replies on the ones closest to my heart like boxing books written by the greats a certain James Leslie ..... and fight reports of classic fights and Bare-knuckle era... that kind of thing. It would be great if there was more discussion on such topics. I admit I've been distracted on a different forum due to a certain Klompton who is a real Aussie and Les Darcy hater..... I've been giving him the stick. If he ever tries to come here to our friendly environment, the sparks will fly. He has Trojans-Le-Pew attitude combined with actual knowledge (all be it skewed to suit himself)..... and he actually had the hide to print this bile ;---- FROM HIM.. It makes sense doesnt it? If an entire landlocked country is populated by criminals, and those criminals bread with each other, and have little criminal babies, and those criminal babies bread and have more criminals, well, you do the math. You are, by virtue of your genes, an ignorant, lying piece of scum descended from criminals. Dont worry, I dont hold it against you. You cant help it. You were born to it. But, like your criminal forefathers when you want something you will lie, and cheat to get it. In this case you want the Darcy myth to be true so bad that you are lying in an effort to keep it true.,... and this Im merely pointing out the likely reason why you are so backwards. After all, your country is so backwards even the toilet water swirls in the opposite direction. Its easy to see how you could so mixed up.------ I must add that none of those were directed at me, just one of my countrymen, ,.... and of course to me indirectly.

McGoorty
10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
It's a great forum, but it's been lonely sometimes,.... My threads get read but not a lot of replies on the ones closest to my heart like boxing books written by the greats a certain James Leslie ..... and fight reports of classic fights and Bare-knuckle era... that kind of thing. It would be great if there was more discussion on such topics. I admit I've been distracted on a different forum due to a certain Klompton who is a real Aussie and Les Darcy hater..... I've been giving him the stick. If he ever tries to come here to our friendly environment, the sparks will fly. He has Trojans-Le-Pew attitude combined with actual knowledge (all be it skewed to suit himself)..... and he actually had the hide to print this bile ;---- FROM HIM.. ,... and this ------ I must add that none of those were directed at me, just one of my countrymen, ,.... and of course to me indirectly.
LOL.... BREAD ???????....... He may have meant breed ?????and those criminals bread with each other, and have little criminal babies, and those criminal babies bread and have more criminals,

JAB5239
10-11-2011, 11:30 PM
It's a great forum, but it's been lonely sometimes,.... My threads get read but not a lot of replies on the ones closest to my heart like boxing books written by the greats a certain James Leslie ..... and fight reports of classic fights and Bare-knuckle era... that kind of thing. It would be great if there was more discussion on such topics. I admit I've been distracted on a different forum due to a certain Klompton who is a real Aussie and Les Darcy hater..... I've been giving him the stick. If he ever tries to come here to our friendly environment, the sparks will fly. He has Trojans-Le-Pew attitude combined with actual knowledge (all be it skewed to suit himself)..... and he actually had the hide to print this bile ;---- FROM HIM.. ,... and this ------ I must add that none of those were directed at me, just one of my countrymen, ,.... and of course to me indirectly.

This section goes in spurts, always has since i been here. We just need to create topics everybody is interested in and talk about. Problem is many of us have covered topic after topic many times over. As far as Klomton goes....tread lightly, he has a wealth of knowledge and can back it up with endless articles of the day to support his case. He absolutely DESTROYED the former poster sonnyboy to the point he got himself banned from that site after being banned from this section. He can be gruff, no doubt, but he's an excellent person to learn from. PM me and I'll give you the rundown on who Im familiar with there.

SCtrojansbaby
10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Vernon Forrest vs Davey Moore at 154 who wins and how

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Vernon Forrest vs Davey Moore at 154 who wins and how
OK...... anything goes. Mate I would probably go for Vernon, but I'm a lot more familiar with him. But Forrest was a real good fighter and a big WW. As for Moore I admit that I have not seen much of him.... So I'm tipping Vernon, but I admit that I may be way off, what's your opinion.

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 03:19 AM
This section goes in spurts, always has since i been here. We just need to create topics everybody is interested in and talk about. Problem is many of us have covered topic after topic many times over. As far as Klomton goes....tread lightly, he has a wealth of knowledge and can back it up with endless articles of the day to support his case. He absolutely DESTROYED the former poster sonnyboy to the point he got himself banned from that site after being banned from this section. He can be gruff, no doubt, but he's an excellent person to learn from. PM me and I'll give you the rundown on who Im familiar with there.
I have a wealth of knowledge too, and there's very little I don't know about you know who. I basically have the same access from the net he does, but he is incredibly one-eyed and I'm still waiting for an objective post from him. Mate I wouldn't go into a debate about Greb with him..... in that case I would ask questions. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What it comes down to is how you go about interpreting the information, trying to separate fact from fiction, we must bear in mind that many newspaper reports are biased and they can muddy the waters so that you can't see properly. The best way for you to know what I mean would be to read their thread on SRR V Darcy....... unfortunately Sugar Ray never gets mentioned in 20 pages. Anyway it's interesting to read how the thread degenerates and so does his attitude, until he blows up with the above quote. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Diplomacy is completely missing from that guy, with him only Nth Americans can fight, with one or two exceptions at the most. I do believe that this Klompton could be a good historian,.... but the most important trait of a great historian is absent, and it's a real pity he acted that way, as far as I could see he was outmatched by Bobby Sinn,,,,,, who I think is probably my superior in all matters Darcy and he certainly has a way better grasp of who Darcy really was as a man and fighter. Who on this forum believes that Les Darcy never actually won a fight (because every fight was rigged), yeah right, they went out of the city and found a 14 year old boy, and said come with us toung blacksmith we'll turn you into a world champion........ I'm telling you JAB, he believes that....... every single fight was rigged, and the most rigged were all those victories against US fighters, just can't handle the truth,.... and then he say's Eddie McGoorty was a crapbag (or is that because he knows who I am ??)...... anyway he had a go at my 1st post there, and I just gave him hell after that.

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 06:40 AM
I reckon they'll all storm back in another hour and then we'll have our hands full JAB.

Kid McCoy
10-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Where is Klompton posting now? I remember him from years ago from a certain other forum but I think he got banned in the end because of his er, belligerent manner. He is a mine of information on Greb though, he just doesn't suffer fools gladly. I can't imagine him and Sonnyboy getting along! :rofl: Did he ever finish his Greb book?

Manos-de-Piedra
10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
cause ghns1133 got a temp ban

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Where is Klompton posting now? I remember him from years ago from a certain other forum but I think he got banned in the end because of his er, belligerent manner. He is a mine of information on Greb though, he just doesn't suffer fools gladly. I can't imagine him and Sonnyboy getting along! :rofl: Did he ever finish his Greb book?
Put it this way, if I ever run into that falsifying cretin, I'll punch his lights out and kick his teeth out.... yes he know's his Greb, but every bit of research is spent trashing the likes of Darcy, he calls him a slacker, not just me, but most Aussies would twist his pin head right off..... Klomptons hard held beliefs are (well a few of many),.... #1. Australians are all convict, criminal, scum, a whole nation of habitual liars,... dogs,.... get the picture,.. oh, and he says he;s white so he says he has carte-blanch (whatever that means), to say any inflammatory comments he likes (because he's a wimp who hides behind a laptop more like). ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #2. Klompton states that Les Darcy rigged every fight with his best pal hugh D. Mcintosh.... he never ever won a fight against an American (maybe some frogs poms and convicts lost to him though)....... I'm not kidding,.... oh hell I see I've got some copying and pasting to do, there are hundreds of outrageous interpretations of his newspapers and other things. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #3. Snowy Baker bought McGoorty, Crouse, Smith, KO Brown, Chip, Christie, Murray......... and all of them took a dive (check out my videos and make up your own minds),,, for instance, he says that, Chip may not have taken a dive but Referee baker kept Chip and Darcy apart all to favour Chip who Klompwit says was too good inside so baker pulled them apart ????? (video evidence proves he's a complete nut,, again please watch the Chip fight if you can't remember it ).------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#4. 1942TheGreatest, our buddy has the same sources he does, but their interpretations of the very same material differs greatly,... hark back a few weeks to our debate on this very subject,.... do any of you remember Our 1942 swearing when he didn't get his way immediately ??? did he claim Darcy was; A,- a cheat, B,- a snide little scumbag who paid his opponents to take a dive ??.... C,- did 1942 ever claim that Darcy was not Great ????..... if he did, I've forgotten,... oh !!, what am I talking about, I never forgot insults.... so no,. he di'int....... I may entertain you with some more Klumpy-Gems, Geeeeee I don't think his Greb book will be very objective,.... it will be hero worship no doubt..... I would find doing a book on Greb a simple task...... I mean,... two pages and I will show you how good harry was...... I'll just post his resume and say there you go,.. that's it,..... ATG proof,.... KLumterrorist has taken 12 years and he's a third of the way through........ So order your copy for 2029,..... April 1st...... before noon.

Greatest1942
10-12-2011, 06:15 PM

kLOMPTON is Steve Compton one of the most knowledabel guys of that era.

But he is sometimes overly comabative , and when he loses it , he says a lot of stuff, I don't think he is a Aussie hater. He just lost it, may be in that thread you are quoting.

By theby I am disspointed in you, concentrate here, we need good active posters here. You will always find people saying sh1t about something or the other it does not mean they mean it and even if they mean it, it means sh1t.

JAB I recently joined there too, and as usual got locked in a Louis thread and his opponents. Anyways hopefully will see you and Mcgoorty around. Though I plan to frequent that place much less.

Greatest1942
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Put it this way, if I ever run into that falsifying cretin, I'll punch his lights out and kick his teeth out.... yes he know's his Greb, but every bit of research is spent trashing the likes of Darcy, he calls him a slacker, not just me, but most Aussies would twist his pin head right off..... Klomptons hard held beliefs are (well a few of many),.... #1. Australians are all convict, criminal, scum, a whole nation of habitual liars,... dogs,.... get the picture,.. oh, and he says he;s white so he says he has carte-blanch (whatever that means), to say any inflammatory comments he likes (because he's a wimp who hides behind a laptop more like). ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #2. Klompton states that Les Darcy rigged every fight with his best pal hugh D. Mcintosh.... he never ever won a fight against an American (maybe some frogs poms and convicts lost to him though)....... I'm not kidding,.... oh hell I see I've got some copying and pasting to do, there are hundreds of outrageous interpretations of his newspapers and other things. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #3. Snowy Baker bought McGoorty, Crouse, Smith, KO Brown, Chip, Christie, Murray......... and all of them took a dive (check out my videos and make up your own minds),,, for instance, he says that, Chip may not have taken a dive but Referee baker kept Chip and Darcy apart all to favour Chip who Klompwit says was too good inside so baker pulled them apart ????? (video evidence proves he's a complete nut,, again please watch the Chip fight if you can't remember it ).------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#4. 1942TheGreatest, our buddy has the same sources he does, but their interpretations of the very same material differs greatly,... hark back a few weeks to our debate on this very subject,.... do any of you remember Our 1942 swearing when he didn't get his way immediately ??? did he claim Darcy was; A,- a cheat, B,- a snide little scumbag who paid his opponents to take a dive ??.... C,- did 1942 ever claim that Darcy was not Great ????..... if he did, I've forgotten,... oh !!, what am I talking about, I never forgot insults.... so no,. he di'int....... I may entertain you with some more Klumpy-Gems, Geeeeee I don't think his Greb book will be very objective,.... it will be hero worship no doubt..... I would find doing a book on Greb a simple task...... I mean,... two pages and I will show you how good harry was...... I'll just post his resume and say there you go,.. that's it,..... ATG proof,.... KLumterrorist has taken 12 years and he's a third of the way through........ So order your copy for 2029,..... April 1st...... before noon.

Thanks for the compliments, but recently I misunderstood Benny and made some comments about his credibility, which I might add was not right, and I hope he understood it later on. If he did not I must say I share most of the blame.You cannot expect everyone to share controversial views after all.:sad2:

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 07:02 PM
KLUMPTONISM's......... Part 1. -------Yes, McGoorty openly admitted to taking a dive in their first fight. In fact before and after the bout he talked freely with americans and to american press agents that the bout had been pre-arranged for gambling purposes and to increase the sales of the motion picture rights. A quote of his, or a paraphrase, was that the now that the first bout was out of the way they could fight the second bout on the up and up. Even the SMH stated that hardly anyone took the bout seriously because McGoorty looked to all like he wasnt even trying and didnt shape anywhere near his previous form.-------Expand on it how? Crouse stated until the day he died that he was paid to lay down against Darcy. Period end of story. -------Yes, Baker had a ringside path so that he could walk around the ring instructing his brother on how to officiate the fights.------- Do you deny that a manager giving instructions to a referee and being allowed to do so openly is a less than sportsmenlike and disadvantageous way of running a boxing match, particularly when that ref is the managers brother, and the manager is managing the house fighter? Do you deny that? ----- He didnt recieve the belt because it was already earmarked for Darcy and they were going to give it to him eventually anyway, which they did, via DQ which was disputed all the way to court. It wouldnt suit Stadiums LTDs coffers to set up a bogus world championship, seeing as how the real one rested in the USA, only to see an American win THAT championship as well and take it back to the USA also.--- The second was stopped by McGoorty's corner who threw in the towel but somehow managed to not get DQd (which apparently is common in Australia when throwing in the towel, imagine that... ----- The Darcy-Fulton sparring match would have been held between the most publicized fighter in the USA on that date and the #1 HW challenger who was just coming off his own very highly publicized win at the gym of a sports mogul situated about 20 mins by train from largest city in the USA where there was the largest concentration of press in the western hemisphere, many of whom were dogging Darcy's movements. Yet somehow the story wasnt mentioned for years, by anyone.,,,, remember those exact words on the last sentence,,, he deny's ever saying this, immediately after I proved his statement Bullsh1t with a newspaper statement from 1917,,, by Mick King no less.... who saw Darcy knock Fulton out..... NEXT !!!!!.. I havent smeared anyone. Ive stated the facts and rejected myth until someone can show me some proof otherwise. If you can come up with a legit source on the Darcy-Fulton fight Ill gladly accept it.--- ALAS he just called King a liar like all convict scum I guess.... What evidence? Show me some. --Ummmmmmmmm we did buddo..... P.S. I personally think McGoorty, Crouse, and Smith would lose to Ray Robinson: If they agreed to, were paid to, or unjustly DQd by a biased referee who was Robinsons managers brother... but thats just me. And now Im going to go watch my film of Young Griffo while I polish his championship belt...--- hows that for credibility,,,,, the only way THEY can lose to RAY ROBINSON,,,, Huh ??????.......good god almighty beejeezus meethinkas.----- then,,, WAIT FOR IT.... It starts to get ugly, and I wasn't even there,,,,And no, Im sorry, I dont accept the word of a bunch of Australians who have an interest in making their man look like King Kong, after all (or Dempsey for that matter, who wasnt even there and is telling the story second hand at best), you are descended from convicts (especially you Sinn) and as such cannot be trusted.----- HMMMM lets see where this goes... klompton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Re: Darcy versus SRR
I recognize that 160 was an accepted weight limit in the United States LONG after Darcy died. Certainly not at any point while he was living. That is the reality of the situation and you seem to be unable to cope with reality when it collides with your little dream world.

So do you deny that you cannot be trusted? I theorize that it has to do with your genetic makeup. You are descended from criminals and as such lying comes naturally to you. Either way youve spun several yarns on this thread alone, illustrating either a gross ignorance of the sport outside of the relatively minor sphere of Australian boxing (and I would argue your ignorance is well illustrated in that small section of study as well) or you simply cant accept when the facts are thrown in your face so you fly in the face of reality and recede into your fantasy world, truly the land of OZ. ------- Can I provide a single Australian who thought Brown won? No, I dont know any Australians who lived 100 years ago. Sorry, we will just have to go by anectodal accounts. However, if thats not good enough for you I understand. Kind of like me asking for a non Australian who actually saw Darcy knock Fred Fulton out.---- I can show proof an American manager who shows this tool up way back in 1922.------ and Yes, Buck Crouse did go to his grave stating that he took a dive against Darcy. As Gus Christie didnt think that much of him either and had no doubt he would have lost to Gibbons. As McGoorty was quite clear in his boldly admitting, even prior to the fight, that the first fight with McGoorty was staged. If you dont accept that then why should anyone accept that Darcy knocked out Fulton, and frankly what does it matter? He didnt knock out Christie, or Brown, or Clabby, Smith, Murray, Holland, Loughrey etc etc -----It cracks me up because a month before Darcy died the story was so much different than a month after. I often wonder how Australians can even believe their bull****, especially the ones who actually lived it...

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the compliments, but recently I misunderstood Benny and made some comments about his credibility, which I might add was not right, and I hope he understood it later on. If he did not I must say I share most of the blame.You cannot expect everyone to share controversial views after all.:sad2:
Do you know this guy ????????...... No Australian can stand his arrogant sort,.... but you;ll see why I don't like or respect his interpretation of history by reading some above quotes from him,.. I have no doubt you'll notice he mixes a bit of truth with half a dozen massive exaggerations...... I have no hesitation in calling you his superior, but he won't give up a millimeter, he is more stubborn than our water buffallo. His agenda is Greb, Greb and more Greb... he's so paranoid that he thinks he has to build Greb up by trashing Darcy ??..... not logical.... no Darcy V Greb matchup was seriously considered in his lifetime... Greb no doubt put his hand up,,,, but he was junior then,,,,, another 12 months,.. wow. But seriously, it don't add up.

Spray_resistant
10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
If this post was created after 7PM the obvious answer is that the grumpy seniors that inhabit that place received there medication and it was time for beddy by.

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
The one I noticed, I had not made a post on yet, I was trying to discover the thread of the argument, and what l found were inconsistencies on both sides..... but if you know much about Darcy,.. all of those quotes, are either non-sensical,.... or misguided.... I will rather die than see people like him brainwash a generation,... he is clever, but far too much for his own good...... And you can't reason with someone who say's "nuh,,.. nah..... Nope... no... oh you scum convict,,,, that sort of loses most arguments. Greatest1942 of them all, do not fear mate, this is my forum, I only went there because no one here was online,,,,, I started reading some really great Darcy posts, then I see him blow in louder than Ali and far more brash and he starts to twist and turn,,, claiming all and proving next to nothing..... The scary thing, the under educated in Boxing History matters are falling for him..... I have debated, been told to go back here,.... then he got personal,... I gave him exactly every word I could throw at him....... First time I can remember getting furious......... No Mate, this is my forum,,,, they have the edge in Aussie matters, but all swear words are printable there,...... and there's no JAB to ban anyone...... We ARE CIVILISED in this history section..... If you want a good **** stir, You may have fun....... But this is the #1 forum in the world as far as I can see.... although they have SSOOOOOOOO many Darcy threads,,,, I visited over a dozen I think.. but guess what.... guess who has hijacked them all..... the guy who came up with this great bit O diplOmacy.....
It makes sense doesnt it? If an entire landlocked country is populated by criminals, and those criminals bread with each other, and have little criminal babies, and those criminal babies bread and have more criminals, well, you do the math. You are, by virtue of your genes, an ignorant, lying piece of scum descended from criminals. Dont worry, I dont hold it against you. You cant help it. You were born to it. But, like your criminal forefathers when you want something you will lie, and cheat to get it. In this case you want the Darcy myth to be true so bad that you are lying in an effort to keep it true.

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
If this post was created after 7PM the obvious answer is that the grumpy seniors that inhabit that place received there medication and it was time for beddy by.
I'm not quite sure.... but I think that was funny.

Greatest1942
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
KLUMPTONISM's......... Part 1. -------------- -------------- ----- --- ----- ,,,, remember those exact words on the last sentence,,, he deny's ever saying this, immediately after I proved his statement Bullsh1t with a newspaper statement from 1917,,, by Mick King no less.... who saw Darcy knock Fulton out..... NEXT !!!!!.. --- ALAS he just called King a liar like all convict scum I guess.... --Ummmmmmmmm we did buddo..... --- hows that for credibility,,,,, the only way THEY can lose to RAY ROBINSON,,,, Huh ??????.......good god almighty beejeezus meethinkas.----- then,,, WAIT FOR IT.... It starts to get ugly, and I wasn't even there,,,,----- HMMMM lets see where this goes... ------- ----<b> I can show proof an American manager who shows this tool up way back in 1922.------ and -----</b>

I think Klompton here is talking of primary sources...He will not accept the 1922 one...

Ask him to back up the McGoorty assertion...I read somewhere (which I can't remember now), that Mcgoorty claimed that one the fights were fixed...

But fighters said and say so many stuff to explain their losses....I passed up on that one (hence have not preserved the source). But if that is Steve Compton he should be able to back it up. Ask him to provide articles of it.

Oh I will say ask the same of Crouse.

As I said fighters!!! Loughran claimed that Greb did not lay a glove on him, when he got a good licking. Ask Klompton for primary sources on these ones.

McGoorty
10-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I think Klompton here is talking of primary sources...He will not accept the 1922 one...

Ask him to back up the McGoorty assertion...I read somewhere (which I can't remember now), that Mcgoorty claimed that one the fights were fixed...

But fighters said and say so many stuff to explain their losses....I passed up on that one (hence have not preserved the source). But if that is Steve Compton he should be able to back it up. Ask him to provide articles of it.

Oh I will say ask the same of Crouse.

As I said fighters!!! Loughran claimed that Greb did not lay a glove on him, when he got a good licking. Ask Klompton for primary sources on these ones.
I have seen the sources he's shown some of them,.. but I usually believe fighters but not when they give the "I wuz Robbed" gear,...... Don't you remember we did all these questions before,,,, Compton has not come up with anything that the old historians haven't discussed.... as for the 1917 Mick King thing,,,,, he said nobody talked about it for years, yet here is King less than 12 months later stating that he was there, saw it and he's telling the Journo's,....... it's a matter of SC's word against King, a top notch MW capable in any era........ What has King got to gain ???...... was he prompted to tell the story as is usual by a reporter with the sniff of a story..... Now what I do know, is that I have never caught King in a lie (not yet).... but Klompost, I have seen so many exaggerations.... I take Kings word on this, not someone born 70 years later..... When reading Roman history, we get as close to the primary source but the source is rarely available, but we'll usually pay creedence to the best we have. I don't think any of us can see the whole picture, especially once in the US, I venture to say Mr. 42 that we have maybe 20 % of the story............ But what really gets me is how he can say that McGoorty took a dive in fight one..... WHAT the 15th with 4 knockdowns that we have on film........ NONSENSE of a despicable sort....... whoever heard of a proud man like McGoorty throwing their whole reputation away, when he has a chance to say he's best, anyway the film clearly backs me up. You see we can look at the same paragraph of anything, and we'd disagree on it's meaning (SC and ME),.... I see an uppercut, he see's a spinning hook kick.... or something to that effect....... I can't argue with twisted logic.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't always agree with the way you see things either, but we understand each other, my timing may have been everything, by coming in late I may have missed some very good work from him,,,,, I know he couldn't possibly be at his best at the moment, because he's had a bit of a shocker........ I miss ol' Trojans, he is funnier (for me anyway, although both of them have not an ounce of humour).....lol.

sallywinder
10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
are you there mcgoorty?

McGoorty
10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
are you there mcgoorty?
No mate I was having a snooze.... I just spent 18 hours of my life arguing with a moron.

Greatest1942
10-13-2011, 04:31 PM
No mate I was having a snooze.... I just spent 18 hours of my life arguing with a moron.

I hope Compton justifies what he says...PM me about the thread in that forum where u and Compton argue, I will like to take a look.

Terry A
10-14-2011, 02:58 AM

That's funny!

Speaking only for myself, I love this site. But every time I come here, my computer slows waaaay down. This is the ONLY site that happens at. It sometimes takes up to a minute just to load when I click on a post. I had one friend here offer a suggestion but it's still so slow.

I logged in here about 35 minutes ago & it took all that time to read a few threads and make two posts of my own.

This is my only boxing forum that I post in. It has some real knowledgeable fellas & I enjoy the friendly banter that goes on here.

McGoorty
10-14-2011, 05:28 AM
That's funny!

Speaking only for myself, I love this site. But every time I come here, my computer slows waaaay down. This is the ONLY site that happens at. It sometimes takes up to a minute just to load when I click on a post. I had one friend here offer a suggestion but it's still so slow.

I logged in here about 35 minutes ago & it took all that time to read a few threads and make two posts of my own.

This is my only boxing forum that I post in. It has some real knowledgeable fellas & I enjoy the friendly banter that goes on here.
Well then I await your post on my "HOLY FOLEY" Thread as I have returned serve,,,,,, I have got THE McGoorty to teach me his "Corkscrew Left Hook"..... the one he used to KO Jerry Jerome.