View Full Version : Jones vs Machida

the traveler
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm sure most have heard the news already. Jones and Machida have been booked to fight Dec 10 on ufc 140.

Who do you think wins:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/217/186/JonJones_display_image.jpg?1314028822

vs

http://www.fightertrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/machida-front-kick-couture.jpg

SLIMY RAT
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Jones easily in my view.. Machida will either be to negative and drop a dec or get frustrated and sloppy rush in and get stopped

the traveler
10-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Going to be a pretty easy fight for Jones. I've seen several interviews, videos where Jones mentions Machida in glancing. I think he's wanted to fight Machida for a long time and I see him coming in there pumped like he did against Shogun.

chiguy91
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
jones, don't see it going the distance. sucks rashad is still injured btw...

Big BRICKS
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I think that people are buying into Jones beating Rampage on the feet a little too much, Machida has a completely different style

I do give Bones an edge though, see it going to a boring decision.

CiganoBoxer
10-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Machida is a tough fight for jon jones...50/50 fight imo

Money Shot
10-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Nobody has tested Jones's chin yet, maybe Machida can although I doubt it. The guy is just freakishly big and fast for the weight, plus he has that massive 85" reach. 4" more than even Wlad K.

ƒallenloki
10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I'll play 150M on Machida if someone gives me 2:1 odds.

AL YANKAB*TCH
10-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll play 150M on Machida if someone gives me 2:1 odds.

Done...:cool2:

shadeyfizzle
10-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I thought jones was on a 180day suspension to let him recover from injuries sustained from his last fight.

JoeBlow55
10-07-2011, 02:12 AM
machida is worth a bet. a real one.

Virgil Caine
10-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Jones is an obvious favorite. Machida will give him some new looks though. Tough to see him winning quite frankly, but you never know. This has been one of those fights people have been waiting for for quite some time.

ƒallenloki
10-07-2011, 03:30 AM
I thought jones was on a 180day suspension to let him recover from injuries sustained from his last fight.

Those are standard suspension and can be lifted if they're cleared by another doctor.

Mohammedini
10-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Jones by epic destruction.
Machida is 1-3 in his last 4 and is on a amazing one fight winning streak consisting of KOing a 48 year old completely shot glass jaw Randy Couture.
Machida lost both fights against Shogun and he did lose a close fight against Rampage(Rampage won rnd 1-2=win) and look what Jones did to them.
Also the monstrous size difference, Machida is 6 ft and has 72-73 inch reach......
Jones is 6'4 and has 84'5 inch reach and is soo much stronger then Lyoto Machida.
Lets not forget that Jones has the best wrestling in the div's even if he had a hard time getting Rampage down, He has rag dolled every wrestler and fighter infront of him except Rampage.
Only time we have seen Lyotos TDDs is against a massively shot Tito ortiz.
Sorry guys!
Machida's magic "Karate" is not going to do ****.
At least Machida will be dominated on the scorecards if he doesn't get finished.

$BloodyNate$
10-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Rampage is a much tougher fight then Machida or Evans. Jones will tool him the way Shogun did with his kicks but since he's so long he can do it safe from a distance, be a slow first 3 rounds with Jones leg kicking the hell out of him, then Jones probably stops him in the 4th once Machida slows down.

Taaj Manzoor
10-07-2011, 01:04 PM
This should be a great fight. Machida might be too crafty for bones.

Boxingtech718v2
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Easy win for Jones, will surprise a lot of people how easy it will be. Machida will try to back pedal and dodge around as usual. He will eat some long jabs from across the cage. Then get flying knee'd again. The scouting report is out on Machida he doesn't like pressure. Look for Jones to rush him and deliver some punishment. If that doesn't work look for Jones to take him down and tool him with GnP.

Next up after: Henderson or King Mo

McAlister
10-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Eeeeee.. I think this fight is a toss up... I know styles make fights but Machida owned Evans... real easy

I have to think about this one

SLIMY RAT
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Rampage is a much tougher fight then Machida or Evans. Jones will tool him the way Shogun did with his kicks but since he's so long he can do it safe from a distance, be a slow first 3 rounds with Jones leg kicking the hell out of him, then Jones probably stops him in the 4th once Machida slows down.

Lol really?

Rampage now days is not much more then a sloppy brawler with good tdd.. was vastly smaller in comparison to Jones and got tooled. I don't think much of Evans/Machida chances but they have far more variety then current day Rampage.

Virgil Caine
10-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Lol really?

Rampage now days is not much more then a sloppy brawler with good tdd.. was vastly smaller in comparison to Jones and got tooled. I don't think much of Evans/Machida chances but they have far more variety then current day Rampage.

I agree, all Rampage seemed to do was throw telegraphed hooks with both hands (even as Rogane implored him to throw more legkicks).

Big BRICKS
10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Might see Machida kick the **** out of Jones' legs?

Just a thought, like I said I think Bones takes a decision.

New England
10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
im picking jones via stoppage

taking bets too

New England
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Might see Machida kick the **** out of Jones' legs?

Just a thought, like I said I think Bones takes a decision.

he sets up so far away he will only have to take a half step back to get out of the way

machida's style isn't right for jones in my estimation

i think jones would have difficulties with a serious wrestler who could back him up to the fence or take him down and make him stay there and grind out the rounds (randy couture in his absolute prime perhaps)

or somebody with a wicked guard who would have to basically look for jones to make a mistake

or anderson silva (and not on his technical and physical attributes as a striker, simply on the merits of his timing. it's the best i've ever seen in MMA)

and i still don't know if jones loses all of those fights
i tend to think he wins them

john jones will eventually become a HW (i'd guess he weighs no less than 220 lbs on the night of a fight at 205, and probably a boatload more. anybody who wants to find his fight night weights should be my guest)
and it's there that i believe he will lose.

D.C.
10-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Jones will finish Lyoto Machida.

Jones is probably the worst match for Machida stylistically at 205. A lot of people are saying the exact opposite, which I obviously disagree with. I believe Jones is going to drop him at least once standing, and probably finish with GNP after dropping him.

Cloud
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Machida is capable of the upset imo. He's got power in the punch and plays the waiting game....however, Jones is riding a huge confidence wave and seems able to do anything he likes when he's in control.

I say Jones but i do think people underestimate Machida.

BALLISTIC
10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
machida couldnt do **** to rampage....

Marshall89
10-14-2011, 12:10 AM
machida couldnt do **** to rampage....

I love Rampage but he is really one dimesional, although he had no choice against Bones Tbf.

Me personally, I wouldn't ever listen to a hell of a lot Ballistic says in MMA threads as he thinks Anderson kicks the f*** outta Sonnen, Bones and GSP!!!
I reckon Sonnen and GSP will give Silva a run for his P (Money) 'cos Chaels already exposed his weak ground and wrestling game .....

Bones beats Machida, i don't know to much about Machida to be straight, but i just can't see any opponent touching Bones at 205 right now!
He's got world class wrsetling, submissions, kicking and he's even improved his striking now aswell... He's got a height and reach advantage over almost everyone at 205....
Maybe Rashad would be the hardest for Bones...

$BloodyNate$
10-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Lol really?

I agree, all Rampage seemed to do was throw telegraphed hooks with both hands (even as Rogane implored him to throw more legkicks).

That doesn't matter he still had a better chance then Machida or Evans just for the lone fact he's 10 TEN TIMES TOUGHER and is strong in the clinch so he could somewhat negate Jones wrestling WHICH HE DID for the first few rounds. No to mention his defense is 10X BETTER Jones could barely land clean.

Like the Rampage fight Jones reach will make all the difference here. All he has to do is repeat the Shogun fight but he don't have to take have the risk because of his reach no to mention Machida's defense is absolutely terrible without his legs because his chins stays up and his hands down which is why Jones will knock him out.

Jones will finish Lyoto Machida.

Jones is probably the worst match for Machida stylistically at 205. A lot of people are saying the exact opposite, which I obviously disagree with. I believe Jones is going to drop him at least once standing, and probably finish with GNP after dropping him.

Thank you.

Casper101
10-14-2011, 11:53 AM
If Jones throws a few leg kicks and take Machida legs away, IMO he will win easy... however, at times Jones get sloppy on offense and Machida is one of the greatest counter punchers in MMA

Im leaning to Jones TKO-2 or 3, to much size, strength ini his side

Squizz
10-22-2011, 04:47 AM
I'd much rather see Jones/Evans myself. Jones should take this easily.

Taaj Manzoor
10-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Machida has great timing and footwork which could throw Jones of his game. I don't see it being an exciting fight.