View Full Version : UFC heavyweight championship on free TV the same night as Pacquaio-Marquez

Rickety Cricket
10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
So now if the UFC event gets more viewers, which it should because it's on regular tv, then Dana White will come out with that whole boxing is dead and UFC rules and all that bs. I am kind of surprised he is doing it against the pacquiao fight and not against mayweather, because as much as he talks **** about mayweather i figured he would want to do it then.

ИATAS
10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
dana was smart enough to have this on BEFORE the pacquiao fight, so while it's on the same day it's not conflicting.

Deevel916
10-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Suppose to be a pretty good scrap too. 2 undefeated HW's going at it. This is the first fight as part of Dana's 7yr contract deal with Fox.

Russian Crushin
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Suppose to be a pretty good scrap too. 2 undefeated HW's going at it. This is the first fight as part of Dana's 7yr contract deal with Fox.

Nah Junior Dos Santos has a Loss

Rickety Cricket
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
dana was smart enough to have this on BEFORE the pacquiao fight, so while it's on the same day it's not conflicting.

Would have been smart, but it is on at the SAME time look here
http://mmajunkie.com/news/25407/****e-tv-to-counter-program-ufc-on-fox-1-with-velasquez-and-dos-santos-fights.mma

Deevel916
10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Nah Junior Dos Santos has a Loss

You're right. My mistake. He's 13-1.

Simply Zyzz
10-03-2011, 01:42 PM
So now if the UFC event gets more viewers, which it should because it's on regular tv, then Dana White will come out with that whole boxing is dead and UFC rules and all that bs. I am kind of surprised he is doing it against the pacquiao fight and not against mayweather, because as much as he talks **** about mayweather i figured he would want to do it then.

no he wont, stop trying to turn this into some boxing vs ufc... dana white loves boxing, its not his fault promoters destroyed the sport

old cat
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
big deal. there is not as much cross over as one might think.

I personally will watch both..

ThePrince
10-03-2011, 01:45 PM
big deal. there is not as much cross over as one might think.

I personally will watch both..

I feel like a lot of people will, it'll be a great night for fight fans.

blind4
10-03-2011, 01:47 PM
the event is on different Times, the main event would be around 10pm, Paquiao fight is going to be like at 11:40pm or 12am, you can watch both events no problem ;-) :boxing:

Heru
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Dana learned his lesson after a UFC PPV went up against Mayweather-Marquez. He changed his "MMA/UFC is killing boxing" tune to believing they can coexist since.

We don't know if either will effect the other in a positive or negative way, but we'll see. I expect Pacquiao-Marquez III to do some solid numbers.

Come∂ian
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Would have been smart, but it is on at the SAME time look here
http://mmajunkie.com/news/25407/****e-tv-to-counter-program-ufc-on-fox-1-with-velasquez-and-dos-santos-fights.mma

I listened to a Dana White interview the other day and he said the UFC fight would be off b4 the Pacman fight.

BxFanViento
10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I dislike the UFC plain and simple but I give Dana White credit this is something neither Top Rank nor Golden Boy promotions will ever think of doing.

I hope this event get's big ratings and if it does maybe all these boxing promoters wake up.

RL_GMA
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Watching both. Dos Santos vs Velasquez is gonna be dope.

GreatestIam
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
IMO... Dana is gonna change the game with this one... only fight on the card I know of is JDS v Cain... so depending on the undecards this could be recored breaking for cable watched sporting events,, in the combat catagory.... and believe me when i say it ,many will only watch this and say boxing is for buffons... "i just watched PPV material for free **** spending 50-60 on a fight that will get replayed for free the next week" and, with todays internet tech. i could watch a stream fo free... im telling you pac-marq coulda done 1.8.. i honestly believe it will only do 1.0-1.4

BuckToothed
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
This UFC fight should supplement the crappy undercards for Pac vs JMM III...
THe UFC fight will be over 30 mins before the main event.

pgolf
10-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Nov. 12 will be a great night for fight fans! We can finally compare both products, not just the fighters, but the atmospher as well. IMO, both sports can benefit, if their respective main events produces an exciting outcome.

For the sake of boxing, let's hope PAC and JMM performs to the best of their abilities, and remind fight fans why boxing, at the highest level, is sweet science and an event like no other.

BTW, Cain has a wrestling base, while JDS has a boxing base. Obviously, I'm pulling for JDS.

kaps
10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Fox picked the date. Not Dana....

Perfect Plex
10-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Fox picked the date. Not Dana....

How much control have fox got over ufc?

SLIMY RAT
10-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Dana actually really likes boxng.. just hates scumbags like Bob Arum and who can blame him.. the likes of Arum have really hurt the great sport of boxing. Meanwhile UFC has seen massive growth within the last 6-7 years and is likely to only grow

People hate on Dana but getting fights like this and prelims on free tv is a great move

Boxingtech718v2
10-03-2011, 09:14 PM
I thought they weren't on at the same time? I'll order pac and watch ufc, plus I have DVR so I can always switch to the pac fight then catch up on the UFC stuff later.

$Natedatpkid$
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Their not competing. UFC would have spanked them though being on fox. But boxing isn't on fox, abc, or cbs so really they can't compete with that, and eventually id like the UFC to drop the PPV moniker all together which is why boxing is as popular anymore and UFC will get HUGE.

BALLISTIC
10-04-2011, 04:40 PM
i will bring both tv out and watch both...but aint changing channels if im paying 50$ for pac/JMM

IronBoxer
10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Its just Dana playing his usual hardball game. Prior to Zuffa purchasing Strikeforce any time they were doing an event on ShowTime, Dana would replay a past UFC PPV event on ****e to detract viewers and he was also responsible for blocking Bellator from getting on ****e before his signing with FOX.

Simply put, its just all business.

chosen0309
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
My friends and i will watch the ufc on fox, than watch Pac vs. Marquez. We like both, so its win-win.

-Swizzy-
10-05-2011, 04:57 PM

#1. Dana admittedly avoids putting UFC events on the same night as huge boxing fights.

#2. Dana didn't chose the date for the event. Fox did.

#3. That is the reason why they put their biggest mexican star(Cain) to go up against Marquez for the mexican fan base.

Someone88
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I can't wait for those fights!

loui_ludwig
10-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I don't hate the UFC but i dislike Dana White. If he truly believes UFC is bigger than boxing, then how come he is televising a free UFC event on the same as Pac-JMM night. The answer is he knows that he put that event as PPV, it will not be able to compete.

Virgil Caine
10-07-2011, 02:36 AM
#1. Dana admittedly avoids putting UFC events on the same night as huge boxing fights.

#2. Dana didn't chose the date for the event. Fox did.

#3. That is the reason why they put their biggest mexican star(Cain) to go up against Marquez for the mexican fan base.
#1. He may say that, but he's tried to go against boxing in the past. Didn't he counter program a Mayweather fight once? (He has said that he wouldn't counter a Pacquiao fight, I do recall).

#2. Good point, Fox almost assuredly tells the UFC when the date is, it's difficult to imagine that Zuffa even has much of a say at all.

#3. That's your opinion, I'm not sure it's valid, but who knows. I kind of don't think that Cain Velasquez is going to deter any Mexican PPV buyers from ordering the Marquez-Pacquiao fight. (Some of them may well tune in to Fox, before the Marquez-Pac. fight, like Arum said (he didn't say Mexicans, but that is clearly the major demographic for this PPV, as always)).

BALLISTIC
10-09-2011, 10:09 AM
After watching face off with kellerman..ill be watching both ufc and pac
I've never missed a pac fight since 2006 ....ufc will end before pac fights