Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Guillard
Featherweight bout: Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan

Preliminary card (****e TV)
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago
Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens

Kimo
09-29-2011, 09:01 AM
One of my favourite cards this year! Can't wait!

the traveler
09-29-2011, 10:45 AM
awesome card

rochemback
09-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Yep, awesome card!
UFC 139 is stacked, too: Rua vs Henderson, Wanderlei vs Cung Le, Faber vs Bowles, Kampmann vs Story, Bader vs Brilz, Torres vs Pace...

F l i c k e r
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Can't wait to see Aldo-Kenflo. :lol1:

Marshall89
09-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I'll be watching Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann!
Sonnen needs to live up to his loud mouth lol, he wants Silva again and Belfort probably after this one. He is one funny geezer, loved watchin him on MMA Live.

D.C.
09-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I fail to see how Phan/Garcia deserves to be on the main card over the two ****e prelims. Quan/Elkins is more relevant to FW rankings than Phan/Garcia.

Marchegiano
09-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Dude, I dunno what Phan and Garcia are doing in the UFC.

Squezze
09-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I fail to see how Phan/Garcia deserves to be on the main card over the two ****e prelims. Quan/Elkins is more relevant to FW rankings than Phan/Garcia.

How is Zhang vs Elkins more relevant to the FW rankings than Phan vs Garcia? Garcia is a former contender for the title, while Phan is a long time vet of the MMA scene. Elkins and Zhang are both prospects.

Squezze
09-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Dude, I dunno what Phan and Garcia are doing in the UFC.

So why shouldn't they be in the UFC? I'm interested to hear how they rank lower than some of the FWs who are not in the UFC already? Enlighten me.

D.C.
09-30-2011, 07:11 PM
How is Zhang vs Elkins more relevant to the FW rankings than Phan vs Garcia? Garcia is a former contender for the title, while Phan is a long time vet of the MMA scene. Elkins and Zhang are both prospects.

Garcia isn't a top 50 FW. The guy should be something like 2-10 in his last 12 fights. He's a long time bum who gets by on an "Exciting" style that's vastly inefficient.

Phan easily tooled him last time, and will do the same this time. It's a gimmie fight.

Zhang/Elkins is a legitimate fight where either has a chance of winning.

Squezze
10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Garcia isn't a top 50 FW. The guy should be something like 2-10 in his last 12 fights. He's a long time bum who gets by on an "Exciting" style that's vastly inefficient.

Phan easily tooled him last time, and will do the same this time. It's a gimmie fight.

What he should be and what he is are two different things. Elkins should be 0-3 if you wanna look at it that way.

If you can name me 50 145 pounders that are ranked ahead of Garcia, then I'll accept your flawed logic.

shadeyfizzle
10-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Who wants to bet??? Im calling maynard, aldo, stann, guillard and phan.

Sn1
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM
just feel sorry for Nam Phan. no fighter should need a KO/sub to win BEFORE the fight has even started.

$BloodyNate$
10-03-2011, 06:34 PM
This event is gonna be crazy. This is really Melvin's coming out party against Luzon. Its gonna be a damn good fight, if he can beat Lauzon who's a tough ass fighter to finally end peoples complaints about him not beating anybody with the style to beat him. He could be looking at a title shot after that.

Be funny for Chael to get KO'd by Manly Stanley. Condit gonna whoop GSP's ass, and BJ vs Diaz will be ****in stupid ridiculous!

Not a top 50 FW? Can you even name me 20 FW's? The division is not that deep in MMA PERIOD nevertheless the UFC especially after Mendes who's next for Aldo? It'll already be cleaned out with nobody looking like a real challenger then. Then hopefully aldo goes to lightweight! But Garcia is a good gatekeeper, he always puts on one hell of a fight too.