View Full Version : Comments Thread For: Jon Jones Chokes Rampage Out, Evans Bout is Next

BIGPOPPAPUMP
09-25-2011, 03:19 AM
DENVER - Jon Jones defended his light heavyweight title by putting Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in a choke hold and forcing the veteran to tap out Saturday night at UFC 135.

The 24-year Jones relied on his quickness and long reach to get inside on Jackson and inflict damage. In the fourth round, Jones put a bleeding Jackson in a rear naked choke hold and Jackson signaled he was done. It was the first time Jackson has tapped out in his UFC career.

[<b>Click Here To Read More</b> (http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=1116)]

kaps
09-25-2011, 03:34 AM
You ruined my special night......

Shadownero
09-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Bad fight, One shot run away, one shot run away, avoid engaging at all costs.

Rampage stood there like a punching bag. Then when Jones got the takedown Rampage quit. I have lost respect for rampage because of that.

EdMon917
09-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Evans ain't stopping Jones.

-The Glove-
09-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Someone should slap the sh1t out of this writer..."known for his role as B.A. Baracus in the big-screen version of "The A-team" almost as much as his MMA career."

BKM-2010
09-25-2011, 08:40 AM
It was a great fight for both guys. Rampage did not get dominated or brutalised like everybody else before him. He actually negated Jones' wrestling which was incredible and the way he got out of the mount was insane. He just couldn't get past Jones' reach-based striking and was outclassed. It is too bad he was submitted at the end but Jones was just too much for him at that point.

- v e t -
09-25-2011, 09:06 AM

Rampage stood there like a punching bag. Then when Jones got the takedown Rampage quit. I have lost respect for rampage because of that.

did you even watch the fight?

Dorian
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
I told you guys Rampage is trash and it's a mismatch, I've been saying it since the fight got signed.

Dorian
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/816715/12_medium.gif

- v e t -
09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/816715/12_medium.gif

how bout some more ossum gifs from it?

like the spinning elbow, the knee kick that buckled him, that take down as the clock expired etc

Shadownero
09-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I watched it. Jones threw a kick, Rampage twitches, Jones jumps across the ring in terror. Rampage swings like a bum, jones holds his arms out screaming dont touch me. Rampage gets close Jones and rampage hug without doing anything else. Repeat. Jones takes rampage down, rampage quits. Jones still doesnt want to engage and eventually gets rampage down. Rampage lifts his chin for the choke as jones is fishing for it.

the traveler
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM

It was a good fight. Not every fight is one where guys should go swinging for the fences. Jones isn't a fighter that is going to go out there like Tyson and throw a barrage of punches. I guess if you're really only into that kind of stuff you'll probably never like watching Jones fight. I enjoyed the intelligence displayed by Jones. He displayed a wide variety of strikes and showed a lot of elusiveness. It was a skillfull performance. Rampage took a lot of kicks, due mostly to the fact that Jones has such a reach advantage with his kicks and Rampage needed to get inside to do anything to Jones, but he bobbed and weaved when he could to avoid punches.

It seems pretty grotesque of you to lose respect for Rampage because he tapped to a choke. What did you want him to do, not tap and risk possible brain damage?

the traveler
09-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I watched it. Jones threw a kick, Rampage twitches, Jones jumps across the ring in terror. Rampage swings like a bum, jones holds his arms out screaming dont touch me. Rampage gets close Jones and rampage hug without doing anything else. Repeat. Jones takes rampage down, rampage quits. Jones still doesnt want to engage and eventually gets rampage down. Rampage lifts his chin for the choke as jones is fishing for it.

I'd like to see you fight so you can show us all how it's done. My guess if you don't know how to fight and don't know **** about fighting.

MARKBNLV
09-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Honest description