View Full Version : Overeem leaves Team Golden Glory

Dorian
09-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Via his twitter.

I would like to make a statement regarding the recent news of the separation from my long-time management Golden Glory. As with any relationship, there are good times and bad times - you have your common ground and your differences. As with any relationship, you have trust. When differences lead to a breach of trust, there's no turning back and no way to continue a positive, working relationship. I don't air my dirty laundry. I would appreciate the respect regarding my privacy to not disclose any further details on this matter.
Again, I would like to thank team Golden Glory for all the years we worked together and wish them success for the future.

**** is getting real.

Marchegiano
09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
real ****ed up......I wonder how how much this'll change him in ring? Plus, does this mean GG out of US MMA? Will he continue to kickbox if their events? Does anyone know anything about his UFC contract? Mike Tyson w/o Cus isn't Tyson at all....I don't like it, and something stinks of rat.

Clegg
09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Where will he be training from now on?

Dorian
09-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Randy Couture?

Overeem won't be able to fight in K1 anymore as long as hes with the UFC.

Mr. Beelzebub
09-20-2011, 03:42 PM
He dropped GG because of the UFC. It was either this move or go the Fedor/ M-1 way.

LupinIII
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
i don't like this happening close to his biggest fight

-Swizzy-
09-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Not good news. Golden Glory has the best strikers in MMA. Their sparring sessions are unmatched. I don't see Overeem being as sharp a striker in the ring from now on. He might still be good, but not at the same level as he use to be.

Marchegiano
09-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Randy Couture?

Overeem won't be able to fight in K1 anymore as long as hes with the UFC.

...**** that noise.. The UFC is ****ed.

AlphaWolf
09-30-2011, 12:11 PM
hope he destroys D!ck dagger