View Full Version : Nobody talking about Jake Shields getting his ass whooped?

Big BRICKS
09-18-2011, 02:27 PM
His shots were futile and he ate a brutal knee, Jake Ellenberger stopped him in the first round.

http://imgboot.com/images/boxvidz/fcfn25jelltkojshi.gif

-Swizzy-
09-18-2011, 03:58 PM
too many UFC haters and Strikeforce lovers. (like kaps)

can't bring themselves to even mention this fight.

But yeah, that was a big win for Ellenberger, not to say that I'm surprised considering the difficulty Shields had with Kampmann. Fighters tend to look different in the UFC where most of the talent is very well-rounded.

I don't ever see another organization below UFC reaching the level that Pride did. UFC is just too big now.

F l i c k e r
09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Nothing surprising. I knew Shields had a questionable chin.

the night of fights, simply was not interesting.

kaps
09-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Looking around at most forums MMA and otherwise they're talking more about Mayweather/Ortiz than the Fight Night card. I despise Jake Sheilds, the only boring fighter from Cesar Gracie's camp, pretty happy he got exposed....

HotSizzle
09-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Yea I caught the fight, I wasnt expecting that but then again I havent been keeping up lately.

Squezze
09-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Ellenberger was just a bad match for Shields. Shields is a top control master, but I figured he'd have a hard time attaining that control over Ellenberger. Losing to Ellenberger dosen't mean Shields sucks, and it dosen't mean that the talent he fought outside the UFC was sub-par, it just means that he matches up poorly with Ellenberger.

BALLISTIC
09-19-2011, 08:41 PM
shows that GSP was shiet thats how a champ shouldve stopped a challenger..

Marchegiano
09-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I kind of felt like it was stopped early. Clearly Hendo dropped him, and he went for the same **** he'd started to do the ellenberger, but ended up grabbing the ref. Jake's been knocked out, and held on to a single plenty of times. It's almost a signature move. It's unfair to those who've dropped him and suffered the single, and unfair to Jake given he'd been far less successful had prior refs jumped in that early. Inversely in prior events where this had happened, including the one mentioned, I'd felt the ref should have stopped the fight before Jake was able to recover. I guess I kind of feel like others had set a precedence that he should have followed.

ABOSWORTH
09-19-2011, 09:36 PM
For some reason, I can't stand Jake. Just his face annoys me.

'Sugar' Freddi
09-19-2011, 09:40 PM
shows that GSP was shiet thats how a champ shouldve stopped a challenger..

It's not like that. GSP has so much more to lose so of course he's gonna fight with more caution.

But yeah, Shields has to be one of the most overrated fighters ever. Terrible UFC debut against Kampmann in a fight that some think he lost, loses to GSP, and now gets KOed.

blaze778
09-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Not to make excuses for him, but Shields hasn't looked good at all since moving back down 170.

I've always thought Shields was overrated to begin with, but he should move back up to 185.

ƒallenloki
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Glad to see him lose.

He got sparked out.

Dorian
09-20-2011, 12:30 AM
He needs to go back to 185. Don't forget he's the last guy to beat Hendo.

ƒallenloki
09-21-2011, 03:19 PM
He needs to go back to 185. Don't forget he's the last guy to beat Hendo.

I never understood the cut to 170...

He had cardio issues already.

$BloodyNate$
09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
too many UFC haters and Strikeforce lovers. (like kaps)

can't bring themselves to even mention this fight.

But yeah, that was a big win for Ellenberger, not to say that I'm surprised considering the difficulty Shields had with Kampmann. Fighters tend to look different in the UFC where most of the talent is very well-rounded.

I don't ever see another organization below UFC reaching the level that Pride did. UFC is just too big now.

Um how about Shields is boring as hell, who was really excited about that main event? Ellenburger shocked the world with a quick KO but still the majority felt Shields is butthumping decision here, but surprisingly it wasn't, not to mention Floyd was fighting.

Still not sold on Ellenburger though, he has power but he's shown he's very vulnerable like against Rocha and when Howard rocked him. Compared to GSP, he's just like Anthony Johnson if you ask me, powerful wrestler, powerful puncher, but if he can't land nothing significant early he's gonna be pummeled by the divisions best: Fitch, Kos, BJ, and especially GSP.

GreatestIam
09-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Jakes been on the decline even before GSP

$BloodyNate$
09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Jakes been on the decline even before GSP

Very true, ever since coming back down to 170 he can't take nobody down.