View Full Version : Fury vs Firtha weights....

J.R
09-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Fury 253lbs vs Firtha 247.75lbs

http://www.undisputedfightmag.com/2011/09/16/weights-fury-253lbs-vs-firtha-247-75lbs/

Anybody know anything about this Firtha?

BostonGuy
09-17-2011, 12:55 AM

http://www.undisputedfightmag.com/2011/09/16/weights-fury-253lbs-vs-firtha-247-75lbs/

Ask Joe Strong, he's the resident expert on B and C level heavyweight fighters..

Sparked_1985
09-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Firtha got KTFO by Tye Fields - it's on youtube.

Not that that means he's a bad fighter - he's huge lump. I think Tyson probably stops him even though Povetkin couldn't.

joe strong
09-17-2011, 08:06 AM

6'6 245 & very aggressive.he's big, always comes forward,takes a good punch & is always willing to fight anyone & anywhere on short notice. he along with manuel quezada,dominick guinn, & jason gavern have become the new gatekeepers of the division. if you can find his fights with povetkin & fields. he had a really good 8 round scrap with canadian champ neven pajkic. his fight with tye fields was a good one.as someone posted earlier fields knocked him out of the ring.that win by fields looks better & better with each fight as firtha is very durable.its funny because i have been talking about firtha,quezada,gavern & zack page since the day i joined this site & no one barely knew who any of them were.i always talked them up as better then tomato cans & now a few years later all of them are gatekeepers except i call page a trialhorse...if you need an opponent on short notice that is going to give your fighter some problems but really isnt a threat you call page.firtha is a step above page though & is a tougher fight then dereck chisora was at 262. this is a risky opponent for fury but a great measuring stick.he has the winner of mcdermott & david price next. if price wins its him but if mcdermott wins i think fury vacates his british title since he already beat him twice(once in my eyes)...fury best not look beyond firtha.

D-MiZe
09-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Firtha is being billed as a world class heavyweight by 5.

:lol1::lol1:

joe strong
09-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Ask Joe Strong, he's the resident expert on B and C level heavyweight fighters..

thanks for the recognition...yes i do follow all heavyweight boxing as much as i can. i still say find firtha's fights with fields & pajkic.i don't think you will find the fields fight other then the ko on you tube. i was at the firtha\fields fight & it was a good scrap.it was by far the best tye fields ever looked.he was in awesome shape & actually had good footwork for once(we all know he looks uncoordinated throwing punches)& cut the ring off very fast(firtha said he was shocked how quickly tye cut the ring off). firtha is starting to get a few name fights the last few years.i hope it continues for him.

joe strong
09-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Firtha is being billed as a world class heavyweight by 5.

:lol1::lol1:he's a solid gatekeeper who most top guys will beat but if they are complacent an upset could happen.zuri lawrence use to be that guy & monte barrett had a few year run as the top gatekeeper now its firtha,gavern & rafael butler has been fighting guys lately too.firtha is a C+ fighter who can beat all the lesser opponents & your mid level HW's. his best win was vs tony grano but he is starting to build a nice resume of opponents.

D-MiZe
09-17-2011, 08:27 AM
he's a solid gatekeeper who most top guys will beat but if they are complacent an upset could happen.zuri lawrence use to be that guy & monte barrett had a few year run as the top gatekeeper now its firtha,gavern & rafael butler has been fighting guys lately too.firtha is a C+ fighter who can beat all the lesser opponents & your mid level HW's. his best win was vs tony grano but he is starting to build a nice resume of opponents.

Most top guys? All should beat Firtha, Gavern is a step up to Firtha and the other gatekeepers around now.

Either way, I think Fury-Firtha could potentially be a war. Fury always brings it and Firtha is going to be a lot more open then what Chisora was.

joe strong
09-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Most top guys? All should beat Firtha, Gavern is a step up to Firtha and the other gatekeepers around now.

Either way, I think Fury-Firtha could potentially be a war. Fury always brings it and Firtha is going to be a lot more open then what Chisora was.

i got gavern & firtha about the same level but with gavern having a win over quezada & draw johnathon banks you could give gavern the nod. firtha is much bigger & won't be pushed around. firtha has nothing to lose & he is actually irish in decent so he is pretty excited to be fighting fury in ireland. you are right about this fight potentially being a war.i'm excited to see how fury does against firtha. firtha has improved since the fields & pajkic fights.

D-MiZe
09-17-2011, 08:43 AM
I reckon Fury's going to dominate Firtha like he's never been dominated before. Not saying Fury is that good, he's just that aggressive. I hope Firtha can hold on, he's in for a bumpy ride.

:lol1: :lol1:

TheGreatA
09-17-2011, 08:53 AM
It should be a decent battle between two super heavyweights. Firtha stands no chance of winning unless Fury somehow falls apart but that's not likely to be the case based on his recent performances. He's durable enough to last a few rounds and the big question is whether Fury can finish him off earlier than Fields.

The Surgeon
09-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Never heard of him before this fight, only know he used to play American Football and went the distance with Povetkin but was KO'd by Big Tye Fields

Fury should do him

joe strong
09-17-2011, 01:37 PM
could firtha be fury's "ross puritty"?