View Full Version : Best Hispanic country producing world class fighters.

piojo del norte
09-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Make your list, what countries do the best hispanic fighter come from.

1. Mexico
2. Cuba
3. Puerto Rico
4. Venezuela
5. Argentina
6. Colombia
7. Panama
8. Nicaragua
9. Republica Dominicana

thougths?

LeG00N
09-15-2011, 12:03 AM

1. Mexico
2. Cuba
3. Puerto Rico
4. Venezuela
5. Argentina
6. Colombia
7. Panama
8. Nicaragua
9. Republica Dominicana

thougths?

I think historically Puerto Rico has produced greater fighters than Cub, but recently the Cubans are really putting out some talent

..El Chacal..
09-15-2011, 12:11 AM
I think historically Puerto Rico has produced greater fighters than Cub, but recently the Cubans are really putting out some talent

Because of Political reasons I'm sure, they'd go tit 4 tat if Cubans were able to go pro as they pleased.

But Mexico>>>>>Everyone else, Puerto Rico is a solid contender tho.

jrosales13
09-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Historically or currently?

Mexico ranks #1 regardless.

piojo del norte
09-15-2011, 12:16 AM

I think overall, Cubans have better resources.

Because of Political reasons I'm sure, they'd go tit 4 tat if Cubans were able to go pro as they pleased.

But Mexico>>>>>Everyone else, Puerto Rico is a solid contender tho.

true

Historically or currently?

Mexico ranks #1 regardless.

You can do both, your opinion have a go at it

Big Op
09-15-2011, 12:20 AM
for me it's

1.Mexico
2.Panama
3.Argentina
4.Puerto Rico
5.Cuba
6.Nicaragua

the rest

chiguy91
09-15-2011, 12:20 AM

1. Mexico
2. Cuba
3. Puerto Rico
4. Venezuela
5. Argentina
6. Colombia
7. Panama
8. Nicaragua
9. Republica Dominicana

thougths?
idk but i'd figure argentina has better fighters. i'm not an expert on venezuela's history in boxing, but what are some big names?

nachorjj
09-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Cuba
Mexico
Puerto Rico
Argentina

Cuba is not profecional, but I like a lot the style of the cubans. I think that if cubans can make profecionals they are the best.

The problem of Argentina is that he can make amateur at 14 and profecionals at 20

jrosales13
09-15-2011, 12:23 AM
I think overall, Cubans have better resources.

true

You can do both, your opinion have a go at it

All time, I would rank PR over Cuba.

Argentina, Panama, and Nicaragua in that order over Venezuela.

Currently, your top 3 stays like it is.

Argentina over Venezuela and then I would keep the rest how it is.

Good list man.

piojo del norte
09-15-2011, 12:25 AM
I know Leo Gamez 4 division world champion like Roberto Duran. Antonio esparagosa. I guess maybe Venezuela does should not be ranked higher than Argentina or Colombia

idk but i'd figure argentina has better fighters. i'm not an expert on venezuela's history in boxing, but what are some big names?

piojo del norte
09-15-2011, 12:28 AM
for me it's

1.Mexico
2.Panama
3.Argentina
4.Puerto Rico
5.Cuba
6.Nicaragua

the rest

Panama should not be ranked above Argentina or Puerto Rico.

Cuba
Mexico
Puerto Rico
Argentina

Cuba is not profecional, but I like a lot the style of the cubans. I think that if cubans can make profecionals they are the best.

The problem of Argentina is that he can make amateur at 14 and profecionals at 20

I would not rank Cuba over Mexico.

piojo del norte
09-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Very true, we can debate on Panama over Nicaragua because they are really tight. Good list, I think you fixed it and you have the correct order, I agree on the changes.

Good list man.

..El Chacal..
09-15-2011, 12:37 AM
To be fair, if Cubans were allowed to go pro, many of them wouldn't have 300+ amateur fights as an average, and would be a lot more average looking in the earlier parts of their careers instead of having guys like Gamboa, Lara, and Rigo who look exceptional and Belt-worthy in less than 15 pro fights..those 3 alone probably have a combined 1000 amateur fights..

But they're still solid fighters who love the sport, but Puerto Rico still has it way over them for now.

nachorjj
09-15-2011, 12:41 AM
To be fair, if Cubans were allowed to go pro, many of them wouldn't have 300+ amateur fights as an average, and would be a lot more average looking in the earlier parts of their careers instead of having guys like Gamboa, Lara, and Rigo who look exceptional and Belt-worthy in less than 15 pro fights..those 3 alone probably have a combined 1000 amateur fights..

But they're still solid fighters who love the sport, but Puerto Rico still has it way over them for now.

don't forget Solis

cactusEG
09-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Mexico
Cuba
Puerto Rico
Venezuela
Argentina
Panama
Nicaragua

gibo
09-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Pound for Pound a territory, not a country, that is 35 miles wide and 100 miles across, and has 3 million people has to be the BEST Hispanic producing world class fighters of all time.

LeG00N
09-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Pound for Pound a territory, not a country, that is 35 miles wide and 100 miles across, and has 3 million people has to be the BEST Hispanic producing world class fighters of all time.

aren't you that Puerto Rican that doesnt admit to being Puerto Rican?

gibo
09-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Lived in Puerto Rico, lived in Mexico, married to a Latina and Love Boxing!!! PUERTO RICAN fighters are P4P the best in the world. So the answer to your question is NO.

-ELO-
09-15-2011, 01:22 PM
1. Mexico
2. Puerto Rico
3. Argentina
4. Panama
5. Cuba
6. Venezuela
7. Colombia
8. Nicaragua
9. D.R

ELHURACAN58
09-15-2011, 02:05 PM
If we are basing cuban boxing history on how they do in the amateurs, then why not put them over Mexico and Puerto Rico since they have more Olympic gold medals.

If they where allowed to go pro would they have been the best? Probably.

Do they necessarily have more talent than mexicans and ricans? No, but they defintely have the discipline advantage.

-KPB-
09-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Well it definitely aint El Salvador, is it dj benze?

gibo
09-16-2011, 02:26 AM

And if you want to know more about me. I speak a little Spanish, I go to Aquas Calientes Mexico and El Club Gallistico Puerto Rico to fight my birds. And have my horses from both countries, Pasos and Quarto Milla. You don't know me son, so don't even ask!!!!

Luffy
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
And if you want to know more about me. I speak a little Spanish, I go to Aquas Calientes Mexico and El Club Gallistico Puerto Rico to fight my birds. And have my horses from both countries, Pasos and Quarto Milla. You don't know me son, so don't even ask!!!!

gibo is a butthurt rican who wont admit to the fact that he is a butthurt rican:popcorn:

dankalayus
09-19-2011, 09:25 PM
mexico but cubas got a beast on the rise and his name is gamboa

RIZO24
09-20-2011, 06:11 PM

Good list man.

NAH NAH, Its gotta be Guatemala then El Salvador, right Rosales??? :boxing:

mex602
07-02-2013, 02:12 AM
current

Mexico

Argentina

Cuba

Cuauhtémoc1520
07-02-2013, 11:46 AM

1. Mexico
2. Cuba
3. Puerto Rico
4. Venezuela
5. Argentina
6. Colombia
7. Panama
8. Nicaragua
9. Republica Dominicana

thougths?

Historically or right now?

Historically your list is all wrong. I would put it like this:

#1 Mexico
#2 Puerto Rico
#3 Argentina
#4 Venezuela
#5 Colombia
#6 Panama
#7 Dominican Republic
#8 Cuba
#9 Nicaragua

I base this off of world champions in the pro game. Cuba has a much greater boxing history if you count the international amateur scene, but in the pro's (because of Communism) they have been limited in what they can do.

Currently it would be much different, Mexico would still be at the top but PR would fall and Argentina would be up because of the current crop of champs.

-Johannes-
07-02-2013, 12:33 PM
current

Mexico

Argentina

Cuba

Pesele a quien le pese Mexico siempre sera el #1 de Latinoamerica y dentro del top 5 del mundo en boxeo.:biggthump

M.O.B
07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
If we are basing cuban boxing history on how they do in the amateurs, then why not put them over Mexico and Puerto Rico since they have more Olympic gold medals.

If they where allowed to go pro would they have been the best? Probably.

Do they necessarily have more talent than mexicans and ricans? No, but they defintely have the discipline advantage.

I dont think so, like someone in here already touched on, if they were allowed to turn pro they would not have a vast amateur pedigree but instead turn pro alot sooner like the rest of the world and so they're overall skill level will not be so high regarded as they did not have those 400+ amateur fights to fine tune those skillset.

Plus as it is Cuban boxing right now with all the skills they gain from the vast amatuer pedigree that they do have is barely competeting at world level, i.e. lara, solis, gamboa with the exception of Rigo but he is a phenom and not the norm.

Right now I will say its ranks by countries as so.

1. Mexico
2. Argentia
3. Cuba
4. Puerto Rico
5. Venezuela
6. Colombia
7. Panama
8. Nicaragua
9. Republica Dominicana

overall it ranks like so.,

1. Mexico
2. Puerto Rico
3. Argentina
4. Venezuela
5. Colombia
6. Panama
7. Dominican Republic
8. Cuba
9. Nicaragua

LeG00N
07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Currently:

1.Mexico
2.Argentina
3.Cuba
4.who cares

mex602
07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Currently:

1.Mexico
2.Argentina
3.Cuba
4.who cares
hahahaha who cares

JRM
07-02-2013, 09:07 PM
1.Mexico
2.Cuba
3.Puerto Rico

100. Argentina.

Yeah, I'm biased against Argentina.

ELHURACAN58
07-02-2013, 10:37 PM
1. Puerto Rico+Virgin Islands
2.Dominican Republic
3.Cuba

100. Argentina.
101. Mejico's footballers

Yeah, I'm biased against Argentina.

Fixed.

Green K my good sir.:boxing:

Blood & Guts
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
1. Mexico

2. Argentina

3. Cuba

4. Puelto Lico (or how ever you guys pronounce it)

5. Venezuela

MEXGBP
07-03-2013, 12:59 PM
mexico
argentina
cuba
puerto lico
nicaragua
panama
republica dominicana
colombia
venezuela

MEXGBP
07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Fixed.

Green K my good sir.:boxing:

when it comes to producing futbol player no one is even close to argentina and brazil, bro.

I always believe the every futbol national team should have a argentina and brazilian player, just to be fair to those players

mex602
07-03-2013, 01:07 PM
when it comes to producing futbol player no one is even close to argentina and brazil, bro.

I always believe the every futbol national team should have a argentina and brazilian player, just to be fair to those players
lol mexico sometimes does

ELHURACAN58
07-03-2013, 05:50 PM
1. Mexico

2. Argentina

3. Cuba

4. Puelto Lico (or how ever you guys pronounce it)

5. Venezuela

mexico
argentina
cuba
puerto lico
nicaragua
panama
republica dominicana
colombia
venezuela

Close but no cigar.

We pronounce it Puelto Rico.

Something about pronouncing our r's after vowels we dont like.

Hmm I dont know, I mean those tahitians where pretty amazing. Probably would have beaten Spain and Uruguay had it not been for the sold out refs.

Brazil cant win against top teams outside their home and Messi's Argentina are overrated, have they even won a tourney lately?

Cleto_Reyes
07-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Mexico
Puerto Lico
Cuba
Argentina
Phillipines - jk

LeG00N
07-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Mexico
Puerto Lico
Cuba
Argentina
Phillipines - jk

piensas que

Cruz
Rocky Martinez
Cotto? (2 losses ina row, gatekeeper)

son mejor que

Martinez
Matthysse
Maidana
Navarez
Abregu?

ELHURACAN58
07-03-2013, 08:19 PM
piensas que

Cruz
Rocky Martinez
Cotto? (2 losses ina row, gatekeeper)

son mejor que

Martinez
Matthysse
Maidana
Navarez
Abregu?

Martinez lost his last fight. He's done when he faces GGG. Hell he might be done regardless who he faces next.

Matthysse is good

Maidana is a glorified journeyman. People thinking he can beat Broner apparently forgot his loss to Chinless Khan.

I dont know who Navarez is.

Abregu got a win over an inexperienced Dulorme, did not do anything before, has done nothing since so dont know why you mention him.

LeG00N
07-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Martinez lost his last fight. He's done when he faces GGG. Hell he might be done regardless who he faces next.

Matthysse is good

Maidana is a glorified journeyman. People thinking he can beat Broner apparently forgot his loss to Chinless Khan.

I dont know who Navarez is.

Abregu got a win over an inexperienced Dulorme, did not do anything before, has done nothing since so dont know why you mention him.

nice work in discrediting the Argentinians. Even "Martinez lost his last fight he's done" I wonder if you think the same about Cotto?

anyways tell me about the Puerto Ricans. I'm in anticipation to see if you're going to judge them as harshly as you judged the Argentine boxers.

ELHURACAN58
07-03-2013, 08:41 PM
nice work in discrediting the Argentinians. Even "Martinez lost his last fight he's done" I wonder if you think the same about Cotto?

anyways tell me about the Puerto Ricans. I'm in anticipation to see if you're going to judge them as harshly as you judged the Argentine boxers.

Cruz - well he did lose to almost every good competition he's faced but thats because of inactivity. We have to see what his "I came out so Im more focused and gay" version can do. He was once regarded as the best from the 2000 Olympic team (which included Cotto and Calderon).

Cotto - He is done if he keeps fighting at 154. But then again, Ishe Smith is a champion at the weight, so we might have not seen the last of him, but yeah, he is near retirement.

Martinez - He lost to Burgos, but rebounded nicely against Whatshisname.

So yeah, thinking about it Mathysse is right now what puts Argentina ahead of us. Rooting for Danny to ko him.:boxing:

mex602
07-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Cruz - well he did lose to almost every good competition he's faced but thats because of inactivity. We have to see what his "I came out so Im more focused and gay" version can do. He was once regarded as the best from the 2000 Olympic team (which included Cotto and Calderon).

Cotto - He is done if he keeps fighting at 154. But then again, Ishe Smith is a champion at the weight, so we might have not seen the last of him, but yeah, he is near retirement.

Martinez - He lost to Burgos, but rebounded nicely against Whatshisname.

So yeah, thinking about it Mathysse is right now what puts Argentina ahead of us. Rooting for Danny to ko him.:boxing:
What about verdejo

I think he is PRs only hope

Danny gets taxed by Lucas

ELHURACAN58
07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
What about verdejo

I think he is PRs only hope

Danny gets taxed by Lucas

Verdejo has not fought anyone of name for me to consider him good.

Honestly I have high hopes for Jonathan "Bomba" Gonzalez. Thats the little one not the middleweight.

There's talk of him facing Segura, a fight he's wanted since Gio koed Calderon.

If he was confident when Gio was king of the flyweights, with Segura's recent losses to Viloria and Sosa, Gonzalez must have practically been begging for the fight now.

Dagomba
07-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Verdejo has not fought anyone of name for me to consider him good.

Honestly I have high hopes for Jonathan "Bomba" Gonzalez. Thats the little one not the middleweight.

There's talk of him facing Segura, a fight he's wanted since Gio koed Calderon.

If he was confident when Gio was king of the flyweights, with Segura's recent losses to Viloria and Sosa, Gonzalez must have practically been begging for the fight now.

Verdejo has faced D- level fighters while Gonzalez has faced D+ level fighters (he would have stepped his game up fighting that dude Segura beat but he cried). Yet you have high hopes for bombita and Verdejo can't be considered good? :lol1:

ELHURACAN58
07-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Verdejo has faced D- level fighters while Gonzalez has faced D+ level fighters (he would have stepped his game up fighting that dude Segura beat but he cried). Yet you have high hopes for bombita and Verdejo can't be considered good? :lol1:

I can already see better attributes in Gonzalez, as he has shown me more in his fights.

Great punching power, great speed, great boxing skills.

Plus he has double the fights against better opposition. Add to that he had a better AM career, which Im starting to learn, really counts for something.

Of course theres the stamina factor which always bugs rican fighters. We will see it when he faces a guy that can take his punches for 12 rounds.

But yeah, I have hopes for Gonzalez.

piojo del norte
07-04-2013, 10:30 PM
This thread is from 2011..

In your list I wouldn't put D.R. over Cuba.

Historically or right now?

Historically your list is all wrong. I would put it like this:

#1 Mexico
#2 Puerto Rico
#3 Argentina
#4 Venezuela
#5 Colombia
#6 Panama
#7 Dominican Republic
#8 Cuba
#9 Nicaragua

I base this off of world champions in the pro game. Cuba has a much greater boxing history if you count the international amateur scene, but in the pro's (because of Communism) they have been limited in what they can do.

Currently it would be much different, Mexico would still be at the top but PR would fall and Argentina would be up because of the current crop of champs.