View Full Version : I want to become the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion.

Teh Chosen One
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
'm Mexican American. I barely turned 16 last May, I'm about 6'1 and about 130 pounds, long skinny arms (longer then my 6'3 friend) I have an extremely fast metabolism therefor I eat a lot but I never seem to gain weight, its very difficult for me. I'm planning on being 6'3 and weighing 215-218 pounds (similar to Evander and Muhammad Ali).

What does it take to be the the champion of champions? What kind of training should I do? What is a good idea for me to gain weight? I have the biggest desire to become the undisputed heavyweight champion and revive the heavyweight division's former glory, I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing this for the love of the sport and the glory. I want to be the first fighter to defeat both the Klitschko brothers. I'm not going to let anyone deter me, this is my plan, my goal, my dream.

moneymayforever
09-10-2011, 10:25 PM
that is an awesome goal friend! have you been boxing long enough?

Teh Chosen One
09-10-2011, 11:02 PM
that is an awesome goal friend! have you been boxing long enough?

I'm about to start boxing training this month, all the people I trust the most believe I have what it takes, and for the things I lack, I will improve.

moneymayforever
09-10-2011, 11:38 PM
awesome,with that dedication you can do it! but don't take the road to becoming a champion lightly, i mean if it was easy then everyone would be the freaking world champion lol

but thats a huge dream man. make sure you don't rush, take it slow youre still young and accomplish your amateur career and train hard man. my coach said he trained for 4hours everyday when he was training for pro; but thats like back in the 70~80's. i think 1~3 hrs is good enough. make sure you listen to the coach as well!

Jeradon84
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Set small goals and accomplish them. Sure you can dream big but I would like to do something with boxing and so my first goal is to win the ny golden gloves and from then on, see where it takes me. I can't overlook my first tasks at hand. Good luck and happy training.

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 01:20 AM
awesome,with that dedication you can do it! but don't take the road to becoming a champion lightly, i mean if it was easy then everyone would be the freaking world champion lol

but thats a huge dream man. make sure you don't rush, take it slow youre still young and accomplish your amateur career and train hard man. my coach said he trained for 4hours everyday when he was training for pro; but thats like back in the 70~80's. i think 1~3 hrs is good enough. make sure you listen to the coach as well!

In order to become a champion you need to believe in yourself when no one else will. You can accomplish almost anything in life if you put your mind to that one thing, but the majority of people cannot do that. Nothing in life is easy.

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Set small goals and accomplish them. Sure you can dream big but I would like to do something with boxing and so my first goal is to win the ny golden gloves and from then on, see where it takes me. I can't overlook my first tasks at hand. Good luck and happy training.

I'm planning on heading to either the Pan American games, World Amateur Games, or even the Olympic Games once I know I can do it. My first goal is to win the Golden Gloves as well. Though, I first must learn how ill be able to gain 80 pounds by the time i'm 20-23 with fast metabolism, as eating a lot never seems to help me gain weight.

Jeradon84
09-11-2011, 01:31 AM
I would say go to a bodybuilding forum and look or post a thread asking for that info. Sure bodybuilding is not boxing but bodybuilders are definitely knowledgeavle when it comes to diets and manipulaying body weights and stuff. obviously the knowledgable guys not just anyone.

ChowAce
09-11-2011, 06:54 AM
You want to defeat both Klitschko brothers huh? By the time your ready they will be 45-50 years old.

Seriously though you sound motivated, but why not just become a big threat in lower weight classes. You only weigh 130 at the moment and you have a crazy reach and height advantage at that weight.

bernardotelo
09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
In order to become a champion you need to believe in yourself when no one else will. You can accomplish almost anything in life if you put your mind to that one thing, but the majority of people cannot do that. Nothing in life is easy.

well see about that. untill then start training after a few months see if you really like it you may like boxing now but boxing will never like you

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
"It's like being in love with a woman. She can be unfaithful, she can be mean, she can be cruel, but it doesn't matter. If you love her, you want her, even though she can do you all kinds of harm. It's the same with me and boxing. It can do me all kinds of harm but I love it."

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
You want to defeat both Klitschko brothers huh? By the time your ready they will be 45-50 years old.

Seriously though you sound motivated, but why not just become a big threat in lower weight classes. You only weigh 130 at the moment and you have a crazy reach and height advantage at that weight.

I'm going to try my absolute best to become champion at 21-23.

Thomas Hearns started out in a lighter weight and made his way up to a cruiserweight, ill be at most 6'3 and I'm pretty sure I'd be a heavyweight by then, the fast metabolism would slow down, and id be working out.

Thanks for you support guys.

one_two_puncher
09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
What made you have this passion for boxing man?

that's a great goal man. you have all my support,

how long have you boxed? or have you boxed before?

MajorKong
09-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Post again in this thread after you've done at least six hard rounds of sparring.

Its nice to have dreams, but you'll never beat either Klitschko because you're too small. And you're too young anyway, they'll be retired by the time you turn pro (if you turn pro).

Boxing is not romantic, its being in constant pain, worrying about everything you eat constantly and having nagging injuries that will plague you all your life. Once you get your nose punched in a few times while wearing headgear you will be able to imagine how much it will hurt without it.

Get training and see if you can even win a few amateur fights before you get ahead of yourself.

F l i c k e r
09-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Eat sleep and breath boxing.

This means you will need to sacrifice all of your high school experiences.

girlfriends, parties, hanging out with friends. All that stuff goes to the back burner. As you will need to commit every amount of time not classified as "school" to boxing.

That is how you become a boxing champion.

Uturn
09-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Wow you are a thin your considering your BMI.

Your going to have to lift heavyweights to bulk up which means a good 1-2 years in the gym if done properly. To get up to that size you'll need to eat like an absolute horse. You can put on a pound a week if you do it right.

Lift heavy and eat high calorie, high protein foods, and lift hard.

Easier said than done though. You need to willing to put everything aside that is bad for you to maximize your potential. I'm talking no smoking, drinking, drugs, crap food, and years of hard work.

Good luck with your dream. 'There comes a time in a mans life when to get to where he has to go-if there are no doors and windows he walks through wall'

ghns1133
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
focus in being a juniour light weight if u are 130

:)

but seriously ur young and as u get older u will fill out annd get thicker and heavier when u stop growing mostlikley

just develope the best skills and work hard on ur cconditioning and get allot of experience fighting in the ameteurs

working hard and beliveing in urself will pay off

dont worry if u are a string been right now

u will have a pretty big height advantage for ur weightclass :)

New England
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
problem

you are not a HW

and will likely never be a HW

you weigh 130 lbs?

just wait until you're running every day. you'll probably be a FW.

get to the gym first, figure out where your coach thinks you should fight
and do whatever he says.

its nice to have high goals, but you haunt even gotten hit in the face yet

nevermind by a HW. a 200 lb plus man who can box would put you on your butt, bro
that's just the way things go..

i don't want to run you down, but you should start out with small steps before you want to take on the freaking klitschko brothers.

as other posters have said, unless you want to fight these guys in the next two years they will be retired

and again, to be honest, you wouldn't make it out of that fight fully conscious.

if they actually got paid the 10 plus mil they make each time they fight
and put the belts on the line
and FOUGHT you, you would leave that ring with some head trauma that would follow you around for the rest of your life

if you even made it out at all

look at what vitali did to thomasz adamek
imagine what they will do to you

..El Chacal..
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
"It's like being in love with a woman. She can be unfaithful, she can be mean, she can be cruel, but it doesn't matter. If you love her, you want her, even though she can do you all kinds of harm. It's the same with me and boxing. It can do me all kinds of harm but I love it."

16 and talking like this?..

I like this kid already..good luck man, the only thing in your way is YOU..don't stop train hard, train til you feel like dying, but remember to get solid rest, most underrated tool, and dominate, and I MEAN DOMINATE, remain humble yet hungry and keep this attitude.

If you truly want it, I wish you the best..

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Wow you are a thin your considering your BMI.

Your going to have to lift heavyweights to bulk up which means a good 1-2 years in the gym if done properly. To get up to that size you'll need to eat like an absolute horse. You can put on a pound a week if you do it right.

Lift heavy and eat high calorie, high protein foods, and lift hard.

Easier said than done though. You need to willing to put everything aside that is bad for you to maximize your potential. I'm talking no smoking, drinking, drugs, crap food, and years of hard work.

Good luck with your dream. 'There comes a time in a mans life when to get to where he has to go-if there are no doors and windows he walks through wall'

The reason why i'm thin is because of fast metabolism, the metabolism will slow down by the time i'm 18-19.

Muhammad Ali at 12 was 80 something pounds, I was the same weight at that age as well. I do eat a lot of meat as well, protein is my main diet in fact, I've always have eaten good in my life, a lot of healthy food, nothing bad.

I've also have never took a hit of a cigarette/joint ever in my life. I've never drinked either. I'm also a very fast runner, back in 9th grade I run a mile under 7 minutes.

judge_jab
09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
The reason why i'm thin is because of fast metabolism, the metabolism will slow down by the time i'm 18-19.

Muhammad Ali at 12 was 80 something pounds, I was the same weight at that age as well. I do eat a lot of meat as well, protein is my main diet in fact, I've always have eaten good in my life, a lot of healthy food, nothing bad.

I've also have never took a hit of a cigarette/joint ever in my life. I've never drinked either. I'm also a very fast runner, back in 9th grade I run a mile under 7 minutes.

I'm afraid to break it to you but I can run a mile in 5 minutes, 20 seconds. And I'm not even in fighting shape right now.

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 11:11 PM
16 and talking like this?..

I like this kid already..good luck man, the only thing in your way is YOU..don't stop train hard, train til you feel like dying, but remember to get solid rest, most underrated tool, and dominate, and I MEAN DOMINATE, remain humble yet hungry and keep this attitude.

If you truly want it, I wish you the best..

I never thought I was going to think about being a heavyweight champion boxer in the future. I know it isn't easy at all, but like the GOAT said

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

ghns1133
09-11-2011, 11:12 PM

when i was twelve i weighed 130 and now i weigh 165 when im lean and ripped

i had a buddy that was built just like u and he stoped growing and just put on like ten pounds

forget about the weight u have no control over ur genetics

just train hard

if u are 130 and 6 feet

and fast too

u shoudl study thomas hearns religiously

New England
09-11-2011, 11:22 PM

the reason you are thin is because you have very little muscle. in two or three years you will not fill out to anywhere near the level you are envisioning
especially if you box and eat right.

if by some grace of god you do fill out (from 130 lbs at 16 years old) it will take at least a decade for you to become a real HW. big men (especially those with length) fill out and mature very slowly.

sorry brother.

Teh Chosen One
09-11-2011, 11:26 PM
the reason you are thin is because you have very little muscle. in two or three years you will not fill out to anywhere near the level you are envisioning
especially if you box and eat right.

if by some grace of god you do fill out (from 130 lbs at 16 years old) it will take at least a decade for you to become a real HW. big men (especially those with length) fill out and mature very slowly.

sorry brother.

Tbh my father was the same as me except he was shorter (5'11 at tops). He was just as skinny as me, and by the time he was in his early 20's he was 220 pounds like Mike Tyson believe it or not. I don't want to be as big as Tyson, I like the small frame heavyweight type, like Muhammad and Evander, weighing in at around 210 pounds.

..El Chacal..
09-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I never thought I was going to think about being a heavyweight champion boxer in the future. I know it isn't easy at all, but like the GOAT said

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

Green K for the quote and for having the greatest Mexican fighter to lace them up in your avatar!...

keep it up..and never give up.

chico 305
09-11-2011, 11:29 PM
shutup ***** u aint gon amount to shyt

*Boss*
09-11-2011, 11:36 PM
You havent even started to box yet and you want to be the heavy champ :rofl: Like some other guys said you need to setup small goals first. For one , attend your first boxing class and see if you like it.

Check_hooks
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
No offense man but your way underweight for you height and age. Start drinking protein shakes and take that mass gainer powder.

If you have time you could put on weight naturally I guarantee you it will come but if you wanna be HW champ you gotta be pretty good pretty early like in ur early 20's. Good luck.

Teh Chosen One
09-12-2011, 12:22 AM
No offense man but your way underweight for you height and age. Start drinking protein shakes and take that mass gainer powder.

If you have time you could put on weight naturally I guarantee you it will come but if you wanna be HW champ you gotta be pretty good pretty early like in ur early 20's. Good luck.

It's really not my fault that I'm like that, I couldn't do anything about it until now.

I don't think drinking those are good for me atm since I heard that stuns your growth (My height prediction from doctor's is 6'3).

Fairyboy!!!
09-12-2011, 12:46 AM

epo????????

lol

im bad:)

F l i c k e r
09-12-2011, 12:48 AM
all these guys saying you can't do it, your weight, height, blah blah. don't know *****.

You can do it. Your not 24. Your 16.

You would have to focus completely 100% on boxing. Even if that means no girlfriends, being a virgin, and no hanging out with friends. Your free time is the boxing gym training.

Being 16 and if you train to put on muscle mass along with your boxing training. You will become a heavyweight by 20 or so.

Holyfield wasn't a heavyweight when he started. So again, anyone saying you can't do it for stupid reasons doesn't know *****.

Teh Chosen One
09-12-2011, 12:53 AM
all these guys saying you can't do it, your weight, height, blah blah. don't know *****.

You can do it. Your not 24. Your 16.

You would have to focus completely 100% on boxing. Even if that means no girlfriends, being a virgin, and no hanging out with friends. Your free time is the boxing gym training.

Being 16 and if you train to put on muscle mass along with your boxing training. You will become a heavyweight by 20 or so.

Holyfield wasn't a heavyweight when he started. So again, anyone saying you can't do it for stupid reasons doesn't know *****.

...That's what I believe as well.

I really don't focus too much on girls, sure a lot of them are beautiful but they won't help me achieve my goals and will possibly just deter me.

Thanks, you seem to have given the most accurate answer.

moneymayforever
09-12-2011, 06:15 AM
yeah like the others say you'll have to sacrifice your school experience. no prom, no parties (unless you finish your workout and people are still doing it), no hanging out with friends. nothing. just boxing.

ChowAce
09-12-2011, 06:59 AM
It all sounds really great TS, but you haven't even stepped foot in a ring or a boxing gym for that matter. Boxing is easily one of the hardest sports in the world. Best of luck to you though and keep us updated.

one_two_puncher
09-12-2011, 08:31 AM
It all sounds really great TS, but you haven't even stepped foot in a ring or a boxing gym for that matter. Boxing is easily one of the hardest sports in the world. Best of luck to you though and keep us updated.

im on the same page with you bro,

I mean in no way to put the TS down in any way. It's really great to have a goal like that,
but the fact is he's never even stepped into the boxing gym, maybe he's getting a little too ahead of himself.

it really is a tough sport, most of the guys that get into boxing don't even come back after 2-3 weeks training or mostly after their first sparring session, at least from my personal experience in our gym.

But don't let me or anyone else bring your hopes down. One of the most important things in boxing is passion. Which you clearly have, Go for it man.

Keep us updated! Best of luck man!:boxing:

dan_cov
09-12-2011, 10:37 AM
It's great you have a passion/goals/dreams but I hear this every week. Guys of a similar age ''You don't know how much I want this'' they get sparring & they get ****ed up & 95% of the time you never see them again.

It's not as easy as people think, to be the best or even do remotely well you need to LIVE it. Eat, sleep, breathe boxing. If you're not training you need to be eating & eating the right food at the right times or resting/sleeping allowing your body time to recover.
It takes huge sacrifices - You will bleed, you will break bones, you will want to quit but aslong as you're still breathing you can not quit you have to laugh it off & force yourself to train harder & too learn from your mistakes.

Every time somebody tells you that you can't succeed you must grit your teeth together and prove them wrong.

Too get bigger you do not need whey protein or anything. You need whole foods such as eggs, chicken, steak.
It's also very important you eat carbs for energy - Brown rice, brown bread, fruit which also is very high in antioxidants.
And finally you need fat, yes fat. Fat is not your enemy. Healthy fats Omega 3-6-9 are extremely good for you, they help with your joints, heart, brain function etc
Fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories do.
Invest in a good multi vitamin & some fish oils.
Healthy fats can be found in - peanut butter, nuts, fish, etc

LightzOut
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
haha what a joke! don't tell me you want to be champion and you haven't achieved anything what so ever. Come back to me when you actually achieve anything worth of mentioning then maybe you will have a chance of becoming a "undisputed heavyweight champion" it's not as easy as you think. :pat:

Teh Chosen One
09-13-2011, 01:51 AM
I can see why the two above me have such terrible karma lol.

@ ChowAce, one_two_puncher, F l i c k e r

Thanks for you're support, It meant alot to me. I won't let anyone deter me, I had tons of thinking about this before I actually truly realized I wanted to do this. I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing it for the glory, I want to prove myself to the world and die remembered.

one_two_puncher
09-14-2011, 06:56 AM
I can see why the two above me have such terrible karma lol.

@ ChowAce, one_two_puncher, F l i c k e r

Thanks for you're support, It meant alot to me. I won't let anyone deter me, I had tons of thinking about this before I actually truly realized I wanted to do this. I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing it for the glory, I want to prove myself to the world and die remembered.

okay then man, no prob!

update us on what happens aigh?

go for it!:boxing:

TheSpartan
09-21-2011, 05:09 PM
hmmm...i wanted to be the first to beat fedor (in mma) when i dreamed of that he got 3 defeats in a row, i hope the klitscho bros doesnt get that beat, anyways, its not bad to dream really..my dreams didn't change when i started training, but took my lot of sacrifice tho, now i don't hang out till late night cuz if i sleep late i wont be able to workout early, i don't eat icecreams/pizza/ fast food, i don't drink milkshakes (totally lying on this one, i just drank 5 cups) no cola, nothing, i run 45 minutes before breakfast, i do 5x5 shadowboxing 6x5 heavy bag then 10 minutes on heavy bag continues with 1000 rope jump before breakfast, plus some abs, sometimes i wanna puke all over, but i remember my goal and go on training, i workout like a beast 3 times a day, and always something happens that keeps me from competitions, family member dies,etc.. anyways, i feel down, i feel like i have wasted my time training for nothing but trouble and no friends, but guess what, that happened 4 times already, never feel down, when you want something you gonna pay for it because what you paid you will get it doubled but rewarded, and of course maybe we can meet someday in the ring since you want to be heavyweight, good luck, keep us updated

jdmsoldman
09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
You need to join a gym. You need to start training hard. You need to spar. You need to get your clock cleaned good a few times. Then if you come back to the gym your first goal maybe to have a few amateur fights. Nexy goal, win the fights. Another goal would be keep developing as a boxer, improving skills and perfecting the basics.Heavyweight champ before even joining the gym is a pretty lofty goal, easy to get detoured.

Ringo
09-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Undisputed heavyweight champ of the world, huh?

Alright.

There has been a lot of back and forth about what you have to do - stay motivated, stay dedicated, put aside things that don't matter. There has also been a lot of great encouragement from the guys here. Boxing is the sweet science, capo - there's no other sport like it. That's why you'll love it.

BUT.

Here's the thing - having lofty, esoteric goals; putting that poster of Ali on your wall; wanting to beat the unbeatables - that's what you have in your mind in the gym (attendance to such is mandatory). Eye of the Tiger blasts on your ipod when you are shadowboxing and beating out a rhythm on the speed bag. Those things have nothing at all to do with HOW to get there. If you want to put on the 80 pounds to get you to heavyweight (all the best in that, no sarcasm. It's harder than Chinese math in the dark), you need cold, hard facts. You need to figure out your nutrition - macronutrient intakes, meal splits, calorie ceilings - all of it. Then, you need to get educated on supplementation (the legal kind). Creatine, glutamine - all the things that can carry you over natural hurdles.

Then there's boxing. You have to dedicate yourself to boxing. Not time or effort. You. You'll need to assume nothing until you can do it blindfolded and holding a conversation about the weather. In Spanish. Fundamentals x3. You simply cannot look past the "right now," in favor of the "when I get there."

So, great, Ringo, but where do I start, right? You have a solid sporting goal - first round, get to some kind of national/regional bout. Great. Find some websites that talk about ectomorphic nutrition (seriously, search that term). Find a training split that benefits slim guys (I weigh in around 145, so I feel you). You will not succeed in boxing if you half-ass it. There is no such thing as a "natural champ." Someone said champions aren't born - they were right. Step one is first - figure out how to put the body together that can stand up to the training you want to do. Then, figure out how to make that body last - finances, willigness, etc. Then - box your ass off.

Remember this - eat like a bodybuilder, train like a fighter, plan everything, and never doubt you have one more round in the tank.

Good luck, bossman.

Al3x
09-22-2011, 02:55 PM
So many of your post are so helpful and informative Ringo. Green K sent your way.

barfly12
09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Shakira on my lap. Any advice from you guys on how to achieve that? Much appreciated.