View Full Version : Can anyone in any weight division beat Anderson Silva?

Viciouscycle
09-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I honestly think he would beat the top heavyweights Velasquez and dos santos.

I think they would both fall.

F l i c k e r
09-10-2011, 02:47 AM
If Jose Aldo was 6ft+ 185 with a 75+ inch reach.

He'd walk through Anderson Silva.

*Boss*
09-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Jon Jones.

MARKBNLV
09-10-2011, 03:33 AM
Mark Munoz would create big problems for him,no need though Sonnen beats him first.

kaps
09-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Any large wrestler...

shadeyfizzle
09-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Mark munoz would dominate him without getting caught in a triangle like sonnen

Mohammedini
09-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Mark munoz would dominate him without getting caught in a triangle like sonnen Are you stupid? Mark Munoz mma wrestling is absolutely horrible for a guy of his credentials.
His striking defense is worthless, his chin is horrible.
He got stanky legged by DEMIAN MAIA(WTFFFFF):lol1:, dropped by KENDALL GROVE!!!!!, got dropped by YUSHIN OKAMI (who got absolutly destroyed by Anderson), Got KTFO by MATT HAMILL. He lost that fight to Demian Maia but got a split dec and could barely take him down like every opponent he has ever met. His mma wrestling is bad, really bad.
How the **** could he beat Anderson in anyway if he can barely take down the majority of his opponents. Kendall grove and Demian Maia(who wants to be on his back) has bad takedown defense he could barely take them down.
MAybe you should watch mma before saying something that stupid. Rich Franklin has a bigger chance then Mark Munoz :lol1:

Mohammedini
09-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Mark Munoz would create big problems for him,no need though Sonnen beats him first. Yeah, a guy with a glass chin and mediokre striking and dear I say horrible mma wrestling?. He only has a 18% in successful take down attempts which is absolutely horrible.
One of the worst percentages of any wrestler in the UFC(and non wrestler).
10 takedowns in 56 attempts. Anderson has 80% TDD. MArk Munoz got dropped in 3 of his last 4 fights against non strikers. I love how people think Anderson has zero TDDs after the Chael fight and that Any wrestler would dominate him.:lol1:
Chael only got 3 out of 7 TDs on a rib injured Anderson.
Mark Munoz has the least of chance in the division. Rich Franklin who got KTFO twice by Anderson would have a bigger chance of winning then Munoz.
Lol even Demian Maia would have a bigger chance of winning

shinobi108
09-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Agree, to say Munoz beats Silva is just retarded

shinobi108
09-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Anderson DID have injured ribs, proof is that Dan Henderson had trouble taking him down, Dan Henderson Wrestling > or = to Sonnens for sure

dan_cov
09-10-2011, 07:02 AM
I think Hector Lombard would have a good chance, but not yet.

I think he is the only guy capable of at least making it competitive.

MARKBNLV
09-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Whats cute is Anderson wins on a hail mary pass,and people miss what Chael did to him and will do to him again,if its a quick ko the ufc is rigged,which i would not be surprised be .Shane Mcmahon is a consultant for the ufc.

Mohammedini
09-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Whats cute is Anderson wins on a hail mary pass,and people miss what Chael did to him and will do to him again,if its a quick ko the ufc is rigged,which i would not be surprised be .Shane Mcmahon is a consultant for the ufc.
I hate to have to bring the rib injury up in every discussion on the Chael fight but he was injured which anyone can see. I mean when ever Chael took him down he didn't even try any subs or even tried to get up, he stood inbetween every round instead of sitting down. He said "my rib, my ribs" in Portuguese to his corner after the first round and was holding his chest.
Chael was roided to his gills and had many times the amount of testosterone in his system and still lost the fight.
Rematch won't even be close, Anderson will finish it within 3 rounds.
Chael pulled a good performence while being roided on a injured Anderson and still lost this time he won't be able to replicate the performance.
Hail mary wins? when else has Anderson made a comeback in the UFC? he dominates all of his opponents bro, maybe you should watch more of his fights.

Blackfoot
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Anderson DID have injured ribs, proof is that Dan Henderson had trouble taking him down, Dan Henderson Wrestling > or = to Sonnens for sure

Henderson is a completely different wrestler than Sonnen. He's a Greco-Roman wrestler, in order for Henderson to be effective with takedowns he has to clinch since the Greco-Roman style prohibits trips or hooks, it has more emphasis on close quarter slams and tosses. That type of wrestling can be dangerous against someone like Silva who is good in the clinch.

Sonnen's American wrestling style is more of a straight forward takedown style, hence his powerful double leg.

Sn1
09-10-2011, 01:30 PM
nice post Blackfoot, I really couldn't of put it better myself.

On topic
Ryo Chonan can beat Anderson Silva with a flying scissor heel hook

shadeyfizzle
09-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Are you stupid? Mark Munoz mma wrestling is absolutely horrible for a guy of his credentials.
His striking defense is worthless, his chin is horrible.
He got stanky legged by DEMIAN MAIA(WTFFFFF):lol1:, dropped by KENDALL GROVE!!!!!, got dropped by YUSHIN OKAMI (who got absolutly destroyed by Anderson), Got KTFO by MATT HAMILL. He lost that fight to Demian Maia but got a split dec and could barely take him down like every opponent he has ever met. His mma wrestling is bad, really bad.
How the **** could he beat Anderson in anyway if he can barely take down the majority of his opponents. Kendall grove and Demian Maia(who wants to be on his back) has bad takedown defense he could barely take them down.
MAybe you should watch mma before saying something that stupid. Rich Franklin has a bigger chance then Mark Munoz :lol1:
Im gonna bookmark this post and bump it when munoz gets a title shot after beating leben. Munoz is no worse than sonnen. But he goes into every match trying his best pacquiao impression that never works and only goes for takedowns when theyre necessary as opposed to priority.

But why would he deviate from the gameplan in the biggest fight of his life against an opponent with a proven weakness against wrestlers especially when his submission defense is excellent and shouldnt have any fears on the ground.

$BloodyNate$
09-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Best chance is Jacare I'M TELLING YOU. He's as aggressive as Chael will stay in his face, sick takedowns UNLIKE Thales & Maia, people are fools to compare those 2 to Jacare except in just BJJ skill. Not to mention he would murk him on the ground.

But at Lightweight I think Rampage, Machida, Shogun, and Jon Jones would all be big challenges, I wish he'd go up to meet the challenge.

Mohammedini
09-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Im gonna bookmark this post and bump it when munoz gets a title shot after beating leben. Munoz is no worse than sonnen. But he goes into every match trying his best pacquiao impression that never works and only goes for takedowns when theyre necessary as opposed to priority.

But why would he deviate from the gameplan in the biggest fight of his life against an opponent with a proven weakness against wrestlers especially when his submission defense is excellent and shouldnt have any fears on the ground. Mark Munoz has a takedown accuracy of 18% in over 56 attempts!!!!!!!! taht is some of the lowest Takedown accuracy in the UFC and him being a wrestler that is ****ing embarrassing.
Chael has 61% and he could only get 3 out of 7 takedowns on a injured Anderson.
BTW Anderson has 80% TDD and the only time he had problems with a wrestler is against Chael.
As I said before he was injured before the fight.
Chael has a granit chin, took a epic flying knee to the face by Nate Marquardt and still got the TD.
If Anderson can drop Chael with an elbow, He would KO Mr "glass jaw" Munoz with his little toe.
BTW I think Leben will KHTFO but I give Munoz a chance if he can get the TD

PS. MUnoz is faaaaar from Chael and just because he is a wrestler doesn't mean he would automatically win. The guy struggled in every UFC fight he ever had. I guess you haven't seen many fights with Munoz and Anderson. Just a wild guess.

Spazz
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Jones, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Sonnen, Rua, Brock, JDS, Cain, Overeem, Cormier, Barnett......

F l i c k e r
09-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Best chance is Jacare I'M TELLING YOU. He's as aggressive as Chael will stay in his face, sick takedowns UNLIKE Thales & Maia, people are fools to compare those 2 to Jacare except in just BJJ skill. Not to mention he would murk him on the ground.

But at Lightweight I think Rampage, Machida, Shogun, and Jon Jones would all be big challenges, I wish he'd go up to meet the challenge.

Jacare wouldn't beat Silva. I doubt he would even last any longer than 1-2 rounds.

Jacare is good but I think he will be like a deer in the headlights if he fought Silva. Pretty much the only guy who could legitimately beat him is Sonnen.

Lhw? I think he beats all of them except Jones. They are all agressive. Silva has the reach, speed, and power to not only counter but hurt them. Jones would be harder because of his freakish reach.

Marchegiano
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
So glad some fans notice the difference between upper body wrestlers vs any appendage will do wrestlers.

Anderson's at that weight because that's the weight he can dominate at. He knows and always has known he can fight heavier and lighter, he also knows, and has admitted on camera those weight divisions would be harder for him. With the said, I've a friend who got to meet Anderson in Brazil. He asked The Spider how he feels GSP would fair. Anderson told him at GSP's weight he feels like he can win, but it'd be hard. At his weight or above he knows he'd win. At LW, and Anderson did assure this person he can drop that much weight, he knows he'd lose. He went on to explain by fighting at MW he is fighting with his body. At any other weight he'd be fighting against his body. The further removed from MW the more he's fighting himself. So there ya go mates. Not direct info in anyway, but it makes sense and seemed like an Anderson thing to say when it was told to me....submitted for your consideration.

mumumilk
09-12-2011, 04:00 PM
silva vs jon jones will be a good one :)

BALLISTIC
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM
if jon jones wins...jones vs silva is next screw a sonnon rematch or jones vs evans

Nick Fury
09-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Jacare couldnt even beat Rockhold lol

Hector Lombard is the only fighter at 185 who can beat Anderson. And Dan if he decides to move back down.

Jack3d
09-15-2011, 11:53 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2rgkow3.png

Think about it, Brian Stann is a marine, who has seen his fair share of combat. His body punching is sickeningly awesome, and he destroyed Leben worse than Anderson did. Also, he destroyed a better version of Chris Leben.

Stann is way bigger, and has a nice ground game. He wouldn't be intimidated by Silva's antics, and hits way harder than guys like Forrest, Franklin, Belfort and Marquardt.

Stann is the Man(n) to beat Spider.

$BloodyNate$
09-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Think about it, Brian Stann is a marine, who has seen his fair share of combat. His body punching is sickeningly awesome, and he destroyed Leben worse than Anderson did. Also, he destroyed a better version of Chris Leben.

Stann is way bigger, and has a nice ground game. He wouldn't be intimidated by Silva's antics, and hits way harder than guys like Forrest, Franklin, Belfort and Marquardt.

Stann is the Man(n) to beat Spider.

hahahahahaha totally. I'm glad I know your kidding.

At middleweight Anderson doesn't have good wrestling so Jacare, Sonnen, and Henderson are the most likely candidates.

At light heavyweight Rampage, Jon Jones, and Rashad Evans might all be too much for him but I want to see him do it because if he could get the Light Heavyweight belt he'd be the greatest MMA fighter PERIOD for a long long time.

Mohammedini
09-16-2011, 06:37 PM

Stann is the Man(n) to beat Spider. So.. Stann KO'd Leben in less then a minute while having over 80 % strike accuracy while not getting hit with a single punch? Lol Stann got rocked in that fight.
Lebens chin is far from the same chin he had when he fought Anderson. After years of getting bombed, his chin is cracked. Akiyama rocked him 3 times and stunned him all through their fight. That Leben got rocked 5 sec into the Wanderlei fight just shows that his chin is cracked.
LOOOL at Stann hitting harder then Belfort XD.
Stann being a bigger puncher then Belfort?:lol1:

Jack3d
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
hahahahahaha totally. I'm glad I know your kidding.

Glad to see some people here have a sense of humor.

At middleweight Anderson doesn't have good wrestling so Jacare, Sonnen, and Henderson are the most likely candidates.

Although I'm confused at this part of your post. Yes Anderson has a wrestling weakness, but Jacare isn't a very good wrestler, at all.

Last week he looked absolutely abysmal against a guy with like 2 years of ring rust and he has piss poor conditioning.

Dan has great wrestling but his Greco style is not going to do much against Silva.

Sonnen's wrestling worked because he uses a sort of Aggressive American-type wrestling and has a very powerful double. He can shoot from a distance and he has way more ways of getting people to the ground than Dan does.

When was the last time you've ever seen Henderson shoot a double-leg?

There are plenty of guys out there that can beat Anderson, although much fewer within his division.

But I'm tellin' you man. That Brian Stann guy. He can do some damage. Did you know when he was in Afghanistan he was pinned by terrorist ambush for 6 days?

SIX Motherfukin' Days!

What has Anderson ever done? If you are a real American, and not some Commie, you will support All American Brian Stann

BALLISTIC
09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
silva vs fedor at 205 would be awesome..than again silva whooped hendo already no need..

but im positive silva beats cain and JDS at a limit weight of 240 silva could go as far as 210

shadeyfizzle
11-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Once again...munoz dominates silva without getting caught in a triangle choke.

Mohammedini
11-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Once again...munoz dominates silva without getting caught in a triangle choke.
HAHAHA! He got dropped again by a completely gassed Leben.
He a hard time taking a gassed out Leben down.
He has a glass jaw, pretty mediocre mma wrestling
He got taken down 3 times by Leben and ended up in sprawl position or on his back after every failed TD attempt.
and you actually think he would dominate Silva just cus Chael did it once?
Anderson has dropped everyone of his opponents in the UFC and I can't think of one of those fighters with a worse chin then Munoz.
Maybe Rich Franklin but he doesn't get dropped or rocked in every fight he is in.

He got stanky legs from a glancing punch from Maia, He got dropped by Yushin Okami, got dropped by Kendall Grove, got rocked against Aaron Simpson, got KTFO by Matt Hamill......
Needless to say, He would be KTFO by Anderson

dough401
11-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Agree, to say Munoz beats Silva is just retarded

Im with ya i hate as soon as someone wins a good fight they are the best and could beat a guy who hasnt lost in 5 yrs lol come and as for Anderson beating everyone in the UFC guys like Jon Jones Dos Santos Cain all would be very very tough to bad we will never see it Anderson @ 36 doesnt have to many left in him IMO but who knows

Money Shot
11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Sonnen beat the crap out of him for 'nearly' five rounds.

F l i c k e r
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Jose Aldo.

If he was in a 185 body and with that skill and ability. He'd beat him without a doubt.

Other than that. No one. Aggressive standup means ktfo. Wrestling means submitted. At 185, no one beats him. Too bad GSP. I love his dedication and mind set but he's not going to lay on Silva for 5 rounds and not get submitted. Better talk to Hendo, Chael, and Lutter. :lol1:

SLIMY RAT
11-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Silva gets wrecked by the likes of Cain, Lesnar, Cormier at HW.. Jones at lhw

Hell Rumble could give him a good go..

Chael will beat him in a rematch

He is hardly unbeatable

MW is a pretty weak division.. he would have picked up a few more loses if he was fighting at LHW these past few years

F l i c k e r
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Silva gets wrecked by the likes of Cain, Lesnar, Cormier at HW.. Jones at lhw

Hell Rumble could give him a good go..

Chael will beat him in a rematch

He is hardly unbeatable

MW is a pretty weak division.. he would have picked up a few more loses if he was fighting at LHW these past few years

I doubt it. Rumble for his size and style, can't take a punch. Even Kos hurt him and/or stiffened him up.

Even at LHW. I doubt he would have loss to anyone outside of Jon Jones. Then if that happened his bandwagon would be the most ridiculous of all time. Worse than Fedor's pre-strikeforce loss.

SLIMY RAT
11-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Jose Aldo.

If he was in a 185 body and with that skill and ability. He'd beat him without a doubt.

Other than that. No one. Aggressive standup means ktfo. Wrestling means submitted. At 185, no one beats him. Too bad GSP. I love his dedication and mind set but he's not going to lay on Silva for 5 rounds and not get submitted. Better talk to Hendo, Chael, and Lutter. :lol1:

LOL you serious man? he put Hendo down with punches and got him in a choke.. he didn't submit him from his back..

Chael was so exhausted from throwing 300 punches and dominating Silva that he was slumped and gave up his arm. Saying that subbing Chael Sonnen is not exactly amazing.. guys been subbed what 8-10 times??

No doubt he will work on that anyway and no doubt if he dominates that much next time he will just standup with Anderson seeing as he actually got the better of him

SLIMY RAT
11-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I doubt it. Rumble for his size and style, can't take a punch. Even Kos hurt him and/or stiffened him up.

Even at LHW. I doubt he would have loss to anyone outside of Jon Jones. Then if that happened his bandwagon would be the most ridiculous of all time. Worse than Fedor's pre-strikeforce loss.

Maybe it was the weight cut.. dude looked massive for WW.. we have seen with quite a few boxers how that can affect them (Khan, Cotto etc)

I don't see many outside of Jon Jones beating him at LHW..

The likes of Lesnar, Cain would take him down and destroy him though

dough401
11-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Jose Aldo.

GSP gets KTFO Anderson is too long striking to way to good i cant stand ppl saying this would be a good fight worse case if GSP did take him SILVA subs him anyway...

SLIMY RAT
11-06-2011, 10:53 PM
GSP gets KTFO Anderson is too long striking to way to good i cant stand ppl saying this would be a good fight worse case if GSP did take him SILVA subs him anyway...

Yeah no doubt..

I mean Anderson didn't get taken down and will and out struck by K1 Sonnen :lol1:

GSP actually has a longer reach then Sonnen..

Please name me the quality wrestlers Silva has beat outside Sonnen.. and please don't say Hendo

I am not even saying GSP would win but to suggest its a bad fight and a mismatch is ****in stupid

F l i c k e r
11-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Anderson Silva is one of those cases where on paper an opponent looks great but in the cage, they get beat anyways.

Chael was winning wide.... loss anyways.
Hendo was winning with a good strategy.... loss anyways.
Leben great chin... ktfo anyways.
Great bjj guys.... laughs at them flopping to the mat.
Vitor, great hands, power, is fast..... front kick ktfo.

Sorry but I don't doubt Silva at all. He could fight Fedor at 205 and would probably James Irvin him. :rofl:

dough401
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
You are very right but when u have a guy like Jon Jones equally as fast mobile reach hight **** they are very similar how would he reach i believe ur right on Fedor he has fallin off fast maybe Fedor 5 yrs ago wouldve been good but Silva needs to be in a fight witch is why stated guys like Jones,Dos Santos,Cain bigger stronger guys that can move would give a fair run

F l i c k e r
11-06-2011, 11:24 PM
lol, he won't go HW. That's for sure.

He could fight JJ but I think he'd lose. The range is on a different level with JJ. Maybe if Anderson goes back to his way of fighting when he fought Franklin. But otherwise, I'd favor JJ to win.

Outside of that. Rampage, Machida, Evans, Tito, who else? lol, they'd all lose.

dough401
11-07-2011, 10:52 AM
lol, he won't go HW. That's for sure.

He could fight JJ but I think he'd lose. The range is on a different level with JJ. Maybe if Anderson goes back to his way of fighting when he fought Franklin. But otherwise, I'd favor JJ to win.

Outside of that. Rampage, Machida, Evans, Tito, who else? lol, they'd all lose.

I know he wont but that wasnt the post it say can anyone @ any weight witch is why i stated above fighters as for any other LHW your right i dont have any of them with a chance he is just to skilled. Im still very intersted in the Sonnan fight i see him with a very good chance @ winnning this time