View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] UBEREEM Signs w/ UFC.

ƒallenloki
09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Will be announced in two days

Brick Top
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Thats great if its true !!!!

THE REED™
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
That's awesome...

Ether
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
If that's true bro, it's a wrap.

Las Vegas,
09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
**** is about to go down.

ƒallenloki
09-01-2011, 02:19 PM
They're finishing up negotiations right near where I live.

Jack3d
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Source or Negs

*Boss*
09-01-2011, 04:47 PM
**** is about to go down.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IUH3JQjcweM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Konstantin
09-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Recent Overeem training pic:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ikb9s2.jpg

F l i c k e r
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Ubereem: "Give me Lesnar!"

That'd be a battle of barbarians.

Dorian
09-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Hide your horses and bolt the stable gates Dana, Alistair Overeem is in town tonight!

(Minus the rogers part ;))

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yNMZ8BetdSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carpe Diem
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Lesnar won't fight him.

ƒallenloki
09-01-2011, 11:16 PM
^^

I'm hearing that Lesnar's thinking about giving up the fight game.

#1-Macdaddy
09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
ubereem is gonna get butt****ed by velazquez or dosantos

but jesus loves him. and forgives him if he is juicing too

Carpe Diem
09-01-2011, 11:32 PM
^^

I'm hearing that Lesnar's thinking about giving up the fight game.

As soon as you hit him, he'd just fold under pressure. He attacks his opponents the same way as soon as the bell rung, he just rushed in and tackled them down because he isn't skilled enough to fight them standing up.

It was truly an amazing display when Cain Velasquez kicked his ass. Overeem has good takedown defense, and he's strong enough to match Lesnar's strength and force him to fight standing up.

ƒallenloki
09-02-2011, 12:32 AM
It isn't a matter of skill, unfortunately.

It appears that his medical condition and age have given his athletic career an expiration date. Sadly it's sooner than later.

On the training bit, I have a friend at Deathclutch who has told me that when sparring Lesnar is not to be hit in the head/face. It's kind of an odd rule, but that's how they train.

Given Lesnar's condition I'd say he's a rather easy fight for Overeem.

The only guy who can beat Overeem in the UFC is Cain, but with his poorly healing injury I'm not sure of that anymore

Virgil Caine
09-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Today's reem pushes the **** in of the UFC heavyweight division.

Ring Leader
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Today's reem pushes the **** in of the UFC heavyweight division.

you mean the same Reem that UD'd Werdum and Junior wrecked him in 1 ???

Edit: AND got outstruck by Werdum

BKM-2010
09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Overeem beats everybody convincingly except against JDS and Cain(assuming the surgery hasn't had detrimental effects on him). Cain's gas tank is just insane and it's very difficult to keep up with his pace, so Overeem would have to KO him early in the fight which is possible, we've seen Kongo come very close to that. JDS has a granite chin with probably a bit better boxing, OVereem is better in every other striking aspect. That fight could go either way.

Anyway, it looks like Overeem made a big sacrifice to be in the UFC. Rumours are he is no longer with Golden Glory and will not fight in K1 or Dream etc. anymore.

SLIMY RAT
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
:lol1: You guys have got to be kidding me.. Lesnar takes him down and pounds his face in.. mark it down.. hopefully that fight happens after Lesnar has had a fight or two back and is ok after his ilness

BKM-2010
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Lesnar won't be at his best. He has not been the same guy as the one at ufc 100 first of all, and second of all the ring rust and surgery/disease issue may have an even bigger effect on him.

It would be very foolish for Lesnar to take on a 265lb striking monster right away.

Virgil Caine
09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
you mean the same Reem that UD'd Werdum and Junior wrecked him in 1 ???

Edit: AND got outstruck by Werdum

You're pretty good at MMAth, you know that?

Yes, that Overeem.

Ring Leader
09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
You're pretty good at MMAth, you know that?

Yes, that Overeem.

Overeem got outstruck by a one trick pony BJJ artist

Only reason people think Overeem is great is...

Fight in different Org.
Win against low level opposition
Win a belt in kick boxing
???
= PROFIT

Blackfoot
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Overeem got outstruck by a one trick pony BJJ artist

Only reason people think Overeem is great is...

Fight in different Org.
Win against low level opposition
Win a belt in kick boxing
???
= PROFIT

Only reason people hate on Overeem being great is...

he fights in a different org.
won against equal opposition. duffee, werdum, etc.
they're butthurt because every single one of their brazilian idols would get sparked in round 1 by Tyrone Spong, Peter Aerts, Gokhan Saki, Badr Hari, etc.
???
=FAILURE

Overeem is going to demolish nearly everyone in the UFC's heavyweight division with relative ease, only the champ and a select few contenders will give him trouble.

ƒallenloki
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Why even have them fight.

It's been settled. Dominick Cruz = GOAT

Cruz > Faber > Assuncao > LC Davis > Vasquez > Stevenson > Nate Diaz > Maynard > Edgar > Penn > Serra > GSP > Shields > Okami > Anderson > Forrest > Shogun > Machida > Rashad > Liddell > Couture > Tito > Wanderlei > Rampage > Hamill > Jones > Bader > Jardine > Liddell > Couture > Kosaka > Fedor

BOOOOMM!!

Rudyo
09-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I think Overeem loses to Cain, JDS and maybe Carwin. I think Reem vs JDS would be epic myself, would really wanna see that fight.

Dorian
09-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Cruz > Faber > Assuncao > LC Davis > Vasquez > Stevenson > Nate Diaz > Maynard > Edgar > Penn > Serra > GSP > Shields > Okami > Anderson > Forrest > Shogun > Machida > Rashad > Liddell > Couture > Tito > Wanderlei > Rampage > Hamill > Jones > Bader > Jardine > Liddell > Couture > Kosaka > Fedor

BOOOOMM!!

You nailed it :)!

Ogecca MaMa
09-04-2011, 09:34 PM
lucky lucky Dorian, I hoped he gonna cry if Overeem would of face Kharitonov in a trilogy.

oh well.. Brock Lesnow is for Alistair

Marchegiano
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after beating Werdum. Alistair is now the lineal UFC Champ?

IMO, Alistair's only issue should be JDS' uppercut...but when throwing that punch JDS would do well to mind the Thai clinch.

Virgil Caine
09-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after beating Werdum. Alistair is now the lineal UFC Champ?

IMO, Alistair's only issue should be JDS' uppercut...but when throwing that punch JDS would do well to mind the Thai clinch.

I'm guessing you mean lineal MMA World Champ.

And you're right, but people are too stupid to realize it, or if they do too ignorant to put any credence into it.

Once again, Overeem destroys the UFC heavyweight division. JDS and Velasquez are legitimate fighters (though green), but Overeem should be favored to handle either one of them, imo. Lesnar would get ****ed in the ass by Overeem, and Carwin brings nothing which would threaten him (short of a lucky punch, but I don't think he could do it with one shot against Reem, so that's that). Frank Mir? What the hell is he going to do? Nothing.

Sn1
09-05-2011, 06:14 PM
wouldnt be surprised if overeem goes 0-4 in the UFC and gets cut.

New England
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
ubereem would walk right through most of the contenders in the UFC

carwin?
cmon. he'd make that guy cry like a baby
mir? right.

dos santos and velazquez would be his only real challenges

i think dos santos would have the best chance with his power

velasquez wouldn't be able to take overeem down
he's just too strong at this point in his career. and i don't think he could "strike (for the record that's the gayest term ever, guys. i hope you all understand that. just say the stand up, or "stand wit him")" with him.

the guy clearly juices, does overeem, in my estimation.
he shares characteristics with people that use steroids.
he just looks like he takes juice. anybody who has been around steroids and people that use them can attest to what i'm talking about (i've never taken them, nor would i ever, so again, this is just an opinion.)

perhaps if somebody can extend him into the 4th and 5th round all of those big muscles of his will tire
but he's got a lot of experience standing and on his back, so i wouldn't think it would be easy to simply take him to deep water and drown.

kaps
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM

BOOOOMM!!

All hail Dominick Cruz....

LupinIII
09-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Reem is gonna crush brock

not even a fair fight coming off that layoff

ƒallenloki
09-06-2011, 05:23 PM
and... I better get some GREEN K now from the doubters

-Swizzy-
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
wouldnt be surprised if overeem goes 0-4 in the UFC and gets cut.

I agree, Valentijn would probably go 0-4.

you really got to see his brother Alistair fight though. Look him up, he's really good. Probably the best all-around HW out there right now.

Sn1
09-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree, Valentijn would probably go 0-4.

you really got to see his brother Alistair fight though. Look him up, he's really good. Probably the best all-around HW out there right now.I know who he is and how he fights.

but I dont have as much "selective memory" as most Overeem fans. he's been stopped 6 times by LHWs and Badr Hari [Hw] in K1.

His recent run is impressive but to make out like only JDS could beat him is just BS.

dunno, did a ton of Fedor fans jump ship or something ?