View Full Version : Anyone else think pearson wass robbed?

ghns1133
08-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I thought he landed the more effective shots and controlled the octagon...

i could understand the kd that barbosa scored being impressive and the swelling on pearsons face...

but i thoght it was a hometown decision....

and what fight was kenny florian watching?....

does he even know what technical means?

- v e t -
08-27-2011, 10:16 PM
not a fan of florian commentating at all

i thought it was a close fight, i dont know MMA well enough for me to argue that

ghns1133
08-27-2011, 10:18 PM
he was only watching one guy and never gave pearson credit for his pressure defense headmovement and he blocked the majority of barbosas kicks.

sL0
08-27-2011, 10:22 PM
I had it 29-28 Barboza. Pearson worked a very good game plan with the constant pressure. He also did an excellent job checking most of the leg kicks. I think Barboza landed the more effective strikes (the right hands, not just the 1 that dropped Pearson). Awfully close fight, but again slight edge to Barboza.

- v e t -
08-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I had it 29-28 Barboza. Pearson worked a very good game plan with the constant pressure. He also did an excellent job checking most of the leg kicks. I think Barboza landed the more effective strikes (the right hands, not just the 1 that dropped Pearson). Awfully close fight, but again slight edge to Barboza.

:lol1: :lol1:

purple drank

sL0
08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
:lol1: :lol1:

purple drank

Very perceptive.

Konstantin
08-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah not enough credit was given to Pearsons head movement, his defense was great. Didn't get hit with much at all. But Barbosa was more active so he won.And he stuffed the takedowns too top it off.

kiaba360
08-27-2011, 11:35 PM
It really bothered me that Pearson didn't get the nod. He executed his game plan to the T, the only mistake he did was going for the takedowns I believe. That gave Barboza points, and then that KD didn't help his chances, especially in front of a foreign crowd. If it wasn't in Brazil, he would've had more of a chance. Pearson earned my respect.

New England
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
barbosa was the cleaner and more effective "striker"

$Natedatpkid$
08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Me and my boys even said every non-brazillian better finish or give a complete beatdown or they won't win the decision. You know the judges be scared as hell to leave by giving a non-brazillian the fight.

Close fight, damn good fight too, Pearson impressed me for once, I think he barely eeked it out.

-Swizzy-
08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I had it for Barboza.

Barboza had more of the cleaner effective strikes. Pearson had way too much of a stale fighting style. Way too repetitive and easy. Barboza was really bringing it with a lot of creative and strong strikes.

ghns1133
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
i didnt see him land as much or as cean as pearson....

barbosa was just more active.