View Full Version : Is Anderson Silva the G.O.A.T?

LarryXXX
08-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Is he the greatest MMA fighter of ALL TIME?

Las Vegas,
08-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Skillfully yes.

Accomplishment wise yes.

Resume wise he isn't there yet, that's not his fault though. The MW division has always been the weakest division in the UFC. If he beats GSP, or Jones then yes without question he'd be GOAT.

T.Horton
08-27-2011, 08:43 PM
best fighter that i have seen thus far who wasn't a boxer.

ShrinkingMan
08-27-2011, 09:02 PM
i think so. obviously best MW of all time (so far). he was a top 5 fighter in pride at welterweight and he went up in weight to beat Forrest Griffin. and he seems to be the only fighter to find success in both Japan and UFC.

LarryXXX
08-27-2011, 09:14 PM
guy is a beast man,he can just straight up fight

Big BRICKS
08-27-2011, 11:01 PM
guy is a beast man,he can just straight up fight

Yeah he is a beast but I think its a little too early to declare a goat of MMA, see what happens tonight

BKM-2010
08-28-2011, 12:03 AM
After yet another legendary performance, there is no question he's the greatest of all time.

LarryXXX
08-28-2011, 12:04 AM
wow..................

- v e t -
08-28-2011, 12:05 AM
wow what? Okami folded

- v e t -
08-28-2011, 12:05 AM
worst fight of the whole card

aside from that it was a pretty entertaining card!

Ether
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Brazil went hard tonight. Is he the GOAT? no, he's the best MMA MW. His resume keeps him from being the GOAT, he wouldn't fight Lyoto and won't fight Jones.

Las Vegas,
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Okami isn't even top 5 greatest Japanese fighters of all time. Don't buy into the hype. Okami was always C+ fighter at best. Great performance though, I can't wait to see him against Stann or Sonnen again.

*Boss*
08-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Okami got schooled.

MindBat
08-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Brazil went hard tonight. Is he the GOAT? no, he's the best MMA MW. His resume keeps him from being the GOAT, he wouldn't fight Lyoto and won't fight Jones.

If he had those fights on his res and won, I too think he could be considered GOAT. Maybe it's too soon yet.

LarryXXX
08-28-2011, 12:21 AM
He adapts so well in fights and finds a way to win.hes the Floyd of MMA

Mohammedini
08-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Okami isn't even top 5 greatest Japanese fighters of all time. Don't buy into the hype. Okami was always C+ fighter at best. Great performance though, I can't wait to see him against Stann or Sonnen again. Yuhsin is good but flawed. He beat Nate Marquardt, Mark Munoz. Either way he is a good fighter but this is why Anderson is so great. He makes everyone he fights look completely worthless. Lol at Chael Hyping up Yushin would beat Anderson easily

BKM-2010
08-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Okami isn't even top 5 greatest Japanese fighters of all time. Don't buy into the hype. Okami was always C+ fighter at best. Great performance though, I can't wait to see him against Stann or Sonnen again.

Okami was 10-2 in the UFC and only lost to top fighters on points. You're probably another GSP fan trying to downplay Silva's epic victory.

Clegg
08-28-2011, 12:31 AM

Not really.

MindBat
08-28-2011, 12:32 AM

He's a switch hitter.

jenandkira
08-28-2011, 12:44 AM

Almost, except Anderson can finish the fight.

Mohammedini
08-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Brazil went hard tonight. Is he the GOAT? no, he's the best MMA MW. His resume keeps him from being the GOAT, he wouldn't fight Lyoto and won't fight Jones. Won't fight Lyoto and Jones? Jones won the belt in February, same month as A.S's Ktfo of Vitor and had an immediate fight booked with Rashad. Anderson Silva's #1 contender was Yushin even before the Vitor fight looooooooooool. Lyotot Machida and him are best friends, Lyotos father even said Anderson is superior to Lyoto . Also Lyoto lost 3 out of 4 last fight with his only victory was over a 47 old, old, old, shot, glass-chinned Randy Couture. Impressive!
:lol1: :lol1:

Bacatit
08-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Won't fight Lyoto and Jones? Jones won the belt in February, same month as A.S's Ktfo of Vitor and had an immediate fight booked with Rashad. Anderson Silva's #1 contender was Yushin even before the Vitor fight looooooooooool. Lyotot Machida and him are best friends, Lyotos father even said Anderson is superior to Lyoto . Also Lyoto lost 3 out of 4 last fight with his only victory was over a 47 old, old, old, shot, glass-chinned Randy Couture. Impressive!
:lol1: :lol1:

Don't respond to guys like that, they just hold on to whatever they can. Everybody that has followed MMA knows Silva's fights Machida daily because they are training pertners and Jones entered MMA because of Silva. Jones literally claims Silva is his idol.
Machida asked Dana for Anderson money to fight Rashad and that's why we got Rashad v Tito instead of Machida because Dana knows he is not worth it...yet !!!

F l i c k e r
08-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes.

Simple as that.

SkillspayBills
08-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes he is. Skills wise and resume wise. In the UFC you have to face the best comp no ducking and dodging. He has done so for 5 years in dominating fashion. He is the GOAT so enjoy him while he is still here.