View Full Version : About the Southpaw Jab

GrandpaBernard
08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Is there any benefit for southpaws to drop their left hand when they shoot their right jab? I notice manny always does this.

Bronsky
08-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah ive noticed it too, his left drops to about lower chest level

Someone with a good right could exploit that, step to the right and fire!

J.Dempsey
08-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe so he maintains visual on left side? Or maybe coz he comes in so fast no ones gonna capitalise on that?
I don't see benefit for us mortal boxers :P

qari
08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
I H8 fytin southpaws especially when i spar with my older brother because his right hand is so powerful i hardly ever force the exchange and w8 for him to come him and try to counter. Any of you guys got any tips how to deal with my brother hes basically like andre berto buh fights southpaw came to you guys as ur the experts.

GrandpaBernard
08-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I H8 fytin southpaws especially when i spar with my older brother because his right hand is so powerful i hardly ever force the exchange and w8 for him to come him and try to counter. Any of you guys got any tips how to deal with my brother hes basically like andre berto buh fights southpaw came to you guys as ur the experts.

Southpaws aren't southpaws no more once you get them on the inside. I hated being swarmed. How is your inside game?

qari
08-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I can slug if i have to but i am very rangy im 6,1 and abt 122 pounds

Spiegelo
08-27-2011, 08:54 PM
It's a bad habit unless you have the reflex and speed to use it as bait and capitalize with a counter.