View Full Version : Biggest Ass-Whippings

Skydog
10-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Well I'll go with Tyson taking apart Spinks in 91 seconds. Or Tyson absolutely tearing Michael Johnson apart.

Foreman's six knockdown KO on Smokin' Joe, or his anihalation of Ken Norton.

Smokin' Joe over Bob Foster or his brutal beating on Jimmy Ellis. Another prime example of his underrated power is his 4th round KO on George Chuvalo, where he tears his eye out of its socket.

Definetley Ali over Cleveland Williams, seeing that Williams hit him only 3 times in 3 rounds, and Ali knocked him down 4 times before the ref called it. Williams was a bloody mess after the fight.

Jack Dempsey over Jess Willard. Any time you can knock someone down 7 times in one round is ungodly.

Joe Louis not only knocked down Schmeling 3 times en route to a 1st round KO, he also broke 2 vertebres in his back with one punch.

And don't leave out both fights of Sonny Liston's jackhammer shots to poor Floyd Patterson's head.

XionComrade
10-17-2005, 08:33 PM
What about Mike Tyson's Viscious beating of Marvis Frazier

David Tua's Horrendous beating of Mike Moorer(Did he break Moorer'
s Back in that fight? I heard he broke someone's back.)

Earnie "The Big Bad Black Norton Destroyer" Shavers

Ken Norton's near fatal experience with Gerry Cooney

George Foreman's "Big" Ass whoopin for Cooney

Lennox Lewis' brutal beating of Mike Tyson, yes it was brutal as hell

Larry Holmes over Marvis Frazier and Ali

Earnie Shavers and....Just about everyone he fought

Kostya Tszyu and Chavez, Mitchell2, and several others

The list goes on, and on

Skydog
10-18-2005, 10:23 PM
What about Mike Tyson's Viscious beating of Marvis Frazier

David Tua's Horrendous beating of Mike Moorer(Did he break Moorer'
s Back in that fight? I heard he broke someone's back.)

Earnie "The Big Bad Black Norton Destroyer" Shavers

Ken Norton's near fatal experience with Gerry Cooney

George Foreman's "Big" Ass whoopin for Cooney

Lennox Lewis' brutal beating of Mike Tyson, yes it was brutal as hell
Larry Holmes over Marvis Frazier and Ali

Earnie Shavers and....Just about everyone he fought

Kostya Tszyu and Chavez, Mitchell2, and several others

The list goes on, and on

Yea, that's just about the worst post-fight condition I've ever seen, apart from Chuvalo's face after he fought Frazier and/or Ali.

RAESAAD
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
In ;) most recent memory Brewster ****ed up Golota pretty good.

Imira
10-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I have to go with Joe Louis' 6 round, systematic dismantling of Abe Simon in their second fight. Just about every punch Joe hit that man with wobbled him or sent him stumbling across the ring.

It was even more hilarious to watch Simon argue with the ring announcer. As though the ring announcer could change the referee's decision. :D

Derranged
10-20-2005, 06:40 PM
What Rahman did to Meehan was brutal. Wladimir beat Brewster pretty bad until he gassed out, Wlad smacked Byrd.

Tony Blitz
10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Trinidad vs. Mayorga

SAN D13GO VILLAN
10-20-2005, 07:01 PM
an ass kicking is diffrent from a one punch k.o trinidad vs mayorga was a ass kicking!

Tony Blitz
10-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Gatti vs. Mayweather

j
10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
any jack johnson fight! barring the willard fight and his fight with choynsky.

jack didn't score too many ko's because he'd love to punish you instead of making it a quick fight. especially with all these racially motivated fighters at his time. in the ring he had a legal(in some states) way to publically humiliate fighters who called him a coward,(having a)yellow streak, soft in the middle, and other racially motivated bull**** sayings in those times.

velvet fog
10-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Vitaly Klitschko v. Danny Williams was one of the most brutal whoopins Ive ever seen. Williams face was hard to look at when it was called.

ToiBoi
10-24-2005, 02:18 AM
A lot of the Johnson fights were ass whippings because he fought much smaller men. I dont think Jack was punishing opponents but carrying them because he was told to. Ass whippin? How about Hearns/Duran? ouch

Dempsey 1919
10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
The Dempsey-Willard fight was a massacre. The champ didn't have a chance against the Mannasah Mauler.

Joe Louis' one round demolition of Max Schmelling was out of this world.

Both two round slaughters of Joe Frazier and Ken Norton by George Foreman were almost frightening.

Last, but not least, Muhammad Ali's pummeling of Floyd Paterson in 12 rounds in 1965, Cleveland Williams in three rounds in 1966, and Ernie Terrel in 15 rounds in 1967 (What's my name?) were beautiful, and at the same time hard to watch!

j
10-25-2005, 03:05 PM
no one ever told jack to do anything! he basically did what he wanted too. a slight exception may be the fact that he could get money for having the fights being shown in the u.s. and recieving a partial sum of the viewing costs. nobody at that time would be willing to pay to see thier "white heroes" being stopped in a round or two. having it go ten or twelve rounds provided a better value. he made sure to embarrase his opponents, but not overwhelm them.

j
10-25-2005, 03:10 PM
williams took a beating yeah, but corrie sanders took a helluva beating too. he was bleading out of his nose, mouth, at least an eye, and an ear. every orifice on his face. he had a broken ear drum!

another good whipping was the one put on ebo elder until courtney burton ran out of gas in the 12th round. compare ebo's face pre-burton and compare that with how he looked after the 11th round. damn, dude looked seriously ****#d up.

Dempsey 1919
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
i failed to mention floyd patterson getted rocked by sonny liston twice in the 1st round.

Verstyle
11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
gotta go with tyson vs. frazier or tyson vs.michael"jack" johnson. when ever i need a laugh or wanna show tysons power to ppl i show then that.ahaha :D its that tyson did it with such aggression,that what makes it bad.

Dempsey 1919
11-03-2005, 04:39 PM
gotta go with tyson vs. frazier or tyson vs.michael"jack" johnson. when ever i need a life or wanna show tysons power to ppl i show then that.ahaha :D its that tyson did it with such aggression,that what makes it bad.
those fights weren't on a high caliber level.

Verstyle
11-03-2005, 04:40 PM
those fights weren't on a high caliber level.

dont matter. the topic said ass whippings. not high caliber fighter ass whippings. ;) and tell the other ppl that put some of these fights i just put on here also.

Dempsey 1919
11-03-2005, 04:46 PM
dont matter. the topic said ass whippings. not high caliber fighter ass whippings. ;) and tell the other ppl that put some of these fights i just put on here also.
but there were a lot of low-level beat-downs in boxing history. if everyone put one of those, then nobody would know what anyone was talking about.

Verstyle
11-03-2005, 05:14 PM
but there were a lot of low-level beat-downs in boxing history. if everyone put one of those, then nobody would know what anyone was talking about.

if u put a nobody and a nobody then i would understand. but every1 knows tyson. and why the **** r u on my case look at skydogs he said the same **** i did with the two fights. SOMEONES PICKIN ON SOMEBODY. jus tryin to start an argument arnt u

Skydog
11-03-2005, 05:52 PM
It doesn't really matter what caliber Tyson vs. Johnson was, that was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen. That last right hook is thrown with so much explosion it's scary.

If you want to just see beatings of people, not KO's, beatings, then watch Ali vs. Terrell. 15 one-sided, brutal rounds, where the champ takes out all of his anger on the disrespecful Ernie Terrel.

Dempsey 1919
11-04-2005, 04:45 PM
It doesn't really matter what caliber Tyson vs. Johnson was, that was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen. That last right hook is thrown with so much explosion it's scary.

If you want to just see beatings of people, not KO's, beatings, then watch Ali vs. Terrell. 15 one-sided, brutal rounds, where the champ takes out all of his anger on the disrespecful Ernie Terrel.
dempsey-willard was worse.

Mr. David
11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Bernard Hopkins' dismantling of William Joppy.

Dempsey 1919
11-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Bernard Hopkins' dismantling of William Joppy.
nope. dempsey-willard.

Skydog
11-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Willard wasn't punished as Terrell and Patterson were against Ali. I know Dempsey knocked him down more (well, no ****, 7 times) but Ali could have knocked either of them out, but he wanted to punish them for taunting him. And that's exactly what he did.

Lennox Lewis sure did punish Tyson badly, but an aging Tyson sure did show heart that we never knew he had that night.

Dempsey 1919
11-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Willard wasn't punished as Terrell and Patterson were against Ali. I know Dempsey knocked him down more (well, no ****, 7 times) but Ali could have knocked either of them out, but he wanted to punish them for taunting him. And that's exactly what he did.

Lennox Lewis sure did punish Tyson badly, but an aging Tyson sure did show heart that we never knew he had that night.

willard's face was bloody, and he got pummeled by the hard hitting manassah mauler. ali wasn't a power puncher so that wasn't as bad as with dempsey.

Skydog
11-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Yea, but the fate of Terrell and Patterson were at Ali's hands. Dempsey and Willard is a usual ass-whipping. For bigger ass-whipping, Dempsey-Willard definetley takes the cake.

For dishing out more punishment, definetly Patterson or Terrel. Watching Ali bash Patterson's brains in is the hardest thing for me to watch (apart from Smokin' Joe absolutely delivering it to Ellis).

Dempsey 1919
11-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Yea, but the fate of Terrell and Patterson were at Ali's hands. Dempsey and Willard is a usual ass-whipping. For bigger ass-whipping, Dempsey-Willard definetley takes the cake.

For dishing out more punishment, definetly Patterson or Terrel. Watching Ali bash Patterson's brains in is the hardest thing for me to watch (apart from Smokin' Joe absolutely delivering it to Ellis).

to me dempsey's destruction was harder for me to watch than any of ali's fights. even before willard stood up straight willard was right in front of his face hitting him making sure jess would stay down.

Dynamite76
04-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Greg Page's humiliation of Marty Monroe.

The Troll
04-27-2007, 04:39 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VawHgrLvbD4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VawHgrLvbD4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

David06
05-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Jack Dempsey over Jess Willard. Any time you can knock someone down 7 times in one round is ungodly.
Not taking anything from Dempsey, but you have to consider the fact that rules were different back then. You didn't have to go to a neutral corner, and (I could be wrong about this, but I'm damn near positive) there was no 8 count rule. So basically Dempsey knocks him down, and stands over him. As soon as Willard gets back up, Dempsey floors him again before Willard has a chance to get set again.

So while it's impressive, you definitely have to remember that boxing was different back then.

BrooklynBomber
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Was Vitaly/Williams mentioned?
Danny is a damn pain man, the amount of pain he takes is well, impressive.

ben41193
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Gatti Mayeather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1bad65
05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Green/Codrington was bad, and it was only 18 seconds.

Holmes/Cobb was so bad Howard Cosell said he would never do another fight, and he never did.

whiskey
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
If we are talking about one-sided beatings from beginning to end i'd add:

Roy Jones Jr. - Richard Hall
Julio Cesar Chavez - Edwin Rosario

titoi
05-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Green/Codrington was bad, and it was only 18 seconds.

Holmes/Cobb was so bad Howard Cosell said he would never do another fight, and he never did.

Oh yeah. Geezus that was bad. A great article on that fight: http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=7819&more=1

And a funny quote from that article:

The 1982 title fight between defending heavyweight ruler Larry Holmes and challenger Randall "Tex" Cobb was so one-sided, the very fact that the match was permitted to carry on for mismatched round after mismatched round brought about the retirement of commentator Howard Cosell. Never again would Howard sit behind a microphone and describe the action from a pro boxing match.. And despite Cobb's faculties being in fine enough working order after the fight to be able to utter the memorable quote he came out with upon hearing of Cosell's actions - namely that he could provide his sport with no greater service - this quip did not in any way lessen the fact of just how one sided and pitiful the bout had been to watch.

Sweet Pea 50
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Mayweather vs Gatti
Calzahge(sp) vs Lacy
Hearns vs Duran Two all time greats. But that right hand that Hearns hit Duran with... DAMN.