View Full Version : Treadmill vs. Roadwork?

stevenalexander
12-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Treadmill vs. Roadwork? Which do u guyz perfer? i perfer Roadwork. But today i ran on the treadmill in my house and seems like i ran longer than outside in the cold/snow. I inclined it and i sprinted on it and then decreased the speed to a jogging pace and sprinted again an jogged did this for about 25 mins. Which do u guyz think is better?Roadwork vs. Treadmill!!

Steven Alexander

leff
12-23-2004, 06:18 PM
We have allready had this dicussion.

Go back on the older pages here.

Raekwon
12-24-2004, 04:08 AM
roadwork, good 2 get out it for me has a more posative mental effect, also i find that in cold weather u get to push yourself more, id go for roadwork over treadmill any day, generally i do crosscountry running around here because the roads are not very suitable for running on especially around winter time they can get a bit slippery :p

hambone
12-28-2004, 05:13 PM
I think it is all important. A good additon to that is aqua jogging anf aqua fitnees + swimming

peewee1460
06-08-2008, 05:40 PM
roadwork before treadmill but niether will hurt u

punchDrUnK MONK
06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
hmm i like that method ^^

cuz ya i agree i always feel like i can do longer on the tredmill, and u can actually know how much distance u ran.. i like roadwork tho cuz i go to sick trails, its good fresh air and also crazy scenery and paths... so if i had to only pick one id pick roadwork.

Onslow.
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
i dont have access to a traedmill but wish i did - i think it'd be easier on my joints.

My knees are playing up so bad, perhaps doing 13-16 miles a week + sprints.

Like going on the road though - especially if its lightly raining.

Team Mayweather
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
i dont have access to a traedmill but wish i did - i think it'd be easier on my joints.

My knees are playing up so bad, perhaps doing 13-16 miles a week + sprints.

Like going on the road though - especially if its lightly raining.

I go on treadmill at gym. I find it easier as you can see how fast your going, how far, how many calories burned and distance. But, its more boring than roadwork. I go for a quick mile run after training with my mates which is good to talk to and less boring that at a gym.

oovavu
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Depends, if you're overweight get on your bike or a rower cause you're joints won't love you, I used to love running but I'm a cpl stone heavier than I was 2 years ago and its got hard lol.

jadagod
06-08-2008, 06:59 PM
im starting to love roadwork just started doin it two weeks ago 10 a week and i feel the difference in my recovery time between rounds and overall fitness.
i can't stand the treadmill tho 10 mins and im bored even with my ipod!!!

sukhenkoy
06-08-2008, 11:07 PM
im starting to love roadwork just started doin it two weeks ago 10 a week and i feel the difference in my recovery time between rounds and overall fitness.
i can't stand the treadmill tho 10 mins and im bored even with my ipod!!!

Yeah man I've been noticing the same thing. Even though my run gets me dog tired, that's the thing that I look forward to the most throughout my day. I get to breathe the fresh air, think things over, just get in a rhythm and almost soar throughout my run. I do it before going to sleep too so that when I'm done, I just fall asleep, and I'm golden.

aussieboxer2320
06-09-2008, 04:50 AM
the treadmill is boring as hell ,roadwork any day

βetamax
06-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Treadmill is way too boring for me. I'm looking at the distance every 10 seconds and it feels like an eternity to get to my goal. I love going for a run early in the morning when the sun is just getting ready to come out. It's quiet, the air feels good, and there's some nice scenery.

oaklandstephen
06-09-2008, 06:57 AM
treadmill - id prolly get shot running around my block also i find it more comfortable cause i got a bigass tv infront of it.

tomhead69
06-09-2008, 08:46 AM
so does the treadmill have the same effect as the roadwork

peewee1460
06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
you'll get a better workout going the same distance and same pace running in the street than u will on a treadmill

alza1988
06-09-2008, 01:28 PM
i read in a magazine,if u put a treadmill to 1 percent incline,it is roughly the same intensity as the road

GamerCloud
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I prefer Roadwork but when I do use the treadmill I always jack up the incline as high as possible with the speed at least at a jogging pace, so I can actually get tired.

Unanimous
06-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Don't know if it's down to the titanium rod in my leg or the 2-3 blunts I have per day (for medicinal purposes) but I can't seem to run for longer periods than 6 or 7 minutes! However, I recover quickly enough to start up again after walking for a minute.

So, I just decided instead of doing long runs I would instead treat my runs like a fight. I run for 3 minutes, walk for 1, run for 3 etc, for about 8 rounds. I then go onto my intervals, of which I usually do 20 seconds hard sprint, 20 seconds walking. I carry the interval on until I'm so out of breath and energy I have to stop.