View Full Version : WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

ANT_P1989
08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
**CLICK THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM FOR THE VIDEO OF ME HITTING THE HEAVYBAG**

Wasup everybody, my name is Anthony, I'm 21 years old, I'm around 5'11" or 6'0" and about in the 290lbs range in weight. Give me tips on a good diet, tips on my punches, and just anything you fellas can help me out with. I'm sick of being overweight, I'm ready to make a change, I wanna be able to compete with the people in my gym, and/or start doing some local fights in Boxing and MMA. So here's me hitting the heavybag, any negative feedback or positive feedback is fine with me. Preciate it fellas. :boxing:

http://youtu.be/MwPoErU8Tgo?hd=1

MexicanMauler
08-17-2011, 12:53 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2lcr2gy.jpg

MexicanMauler
08-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Just work hard in the gym, and you'll see the results.
A good diet is very important, remember, 6-packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Good luck, I'm trying to drop a bit of weight myself. Joining an MMA gym soon, I'm looking at Wand Fight Team in Vegas :)

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Appreciate that homie, I just gotta get mentally prepared to eat right and shed the pounds. Working out doing MMA and Boxing is fun to me, so going to the gym is no problem. Thanks for all the advice, check out my video and tell me what you think of my punches and combos.

young19boxer
08-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Your punches are thrown pretty nicely... nice snap on your jab only thing i can comment on is try to bring your left hand back to your face after everytime you throw it. You kind of drop it after you, throw your hooks and jabs. Also try getting lower, not too low cuz you seem tall so you have that nice hieght advantage. So get a little lower and practice working the body more. But other than that like mexicanmauler said it takes hard work and time. Keep going to the gym, boxing is one of the best workouts in the world. Keep it up and even if you get discouraged at times or tired, just keep going. Dont think about the distance think about the destination.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Preciate that A LOT homie, thanks for all the advice fellas, if I can drop all this fat from around my body I would be quicker, sharper, stronger and have a lot more footwork and stamina. I gotta buckle down and get serious about losing weight and getting healthy. :boxing:

young19boxer
08-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Yea you'll get there... I honestly think you have potential your punches are pretty sharp.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Lol I guess my punches look ok for a fat dude ha ha.

Ogecca MaMa
08-17-2011, 01:07 PM
5`9 290 lbs? no tips for you man, too late to think about your shape

young19boxer
08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
As long as your still breathing its never too late

Akhi
08-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Most important thing right now is diet....best way to do this is KETO.

Read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110525811

It's long, but make sure you read it. You're young, there's a dude at my gym who's 32 and 240lbs and 7-1 amateur, started boxing 3 years ago and weighed more than you when he started.

honestly, dont worry about competing and sh1t right now. Get in shape. You're 21 and you recognize your problems, thats a good start

Good luck bro...keep us updated

Akhi
08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
and this. Read this first: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132598293

dont be put off by bodybuilding in the title, its just dietary information

barfly12
08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Stick to protein such as chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, and very lean beef along with salads, steamed veggies, and some fruit. Take a multivitamin pill like Centrum daily. Slowly increase your running speed and distance. Increase the tempo of your workouts with less and less time inbetweeen whatever you do. Avoid sugar in all forms. If you cheat, you only cheat yourself.

Akhi
08-17-2011, 02:02 PM
^

good advice, but duke shouldn't really be running if he's 290lbs, great way to **** up his knees...cardio right now is more counterproductive than anything

main thing is diet, you'll lose an easy 50+ lbs of FAT from diet alone...depending on your will, calorie deficit and if you use keto this can be within as little as a few months

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 02:13 PM
5`9 290 lbs? no tips for you man, too late to think about your shapeWhere in my post did I say I was 5'9"?!?! I said I was between FIVE FOOT ELEVEN and SIX FOOT....I'm 21 years old, it's not too late til you're DEAD....:boxing:

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks Akhi and Barfly, I'm gonna start straightening my life up and get healthy and eat right. I did a whole week of all salads, hardly any dressing and bits of grilled chicken. I released SO MANY bad toxins from my body that week and felt AWESOME in the fighting gym. I'm gonna cut out ALL sugars, but fruits have natural sugars so I'll just up my vegetable intake and lower my fruit intake. I'm sick of getting tired early when I spar in Boxing, Muay Thai, and Kickboxing, I wanna be able to hang with the smaller more in shape fellas in my gym. I can do this, God is gonna aid me and I'm gonna make the effort....:boxing:

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I saved the Guide to Ketosis on my phone and I'll be following this to a T. I've seen people in my gym who are in their 40's and were heavy as me. This one guy was almost 300lbs and in a few months from Boxing and Kickboxing and a good diet, he's now down to 267lbs and counting, plus he's in his 40's! I'm 21 and determined to NOT let being fat be the DEATH of me. I'm NOT gonna die from this, I'm in the gym all the time it's just that I need to cut out the bad eating habits....Thanks for all the support from those who are helping me. I REALLY appreciate it.

saxofunk
08-17-2011, 02:32 PM
technique is great mate, you punch well. make sure you keep your hands up after you throw a punch, otherwise you'll find yourself kissing the floor.

I suggest you to swim as much as you can, it'll do your cardio, and it really tires you well.

Don't forget; there's is nothing you can't do if you want to.

Well of course there are things, but what you want to do now is reachable goal. Just make sure you don't quit, and work very very hard.

And keep writing your progress!!!

Good luck with your brand new life...

ChowAce
08-17-2011, 02:38 PM
The bagwork looked pretty solid. The good thing about being overweight is that the weight will fly off if you can stick to doing 4-5 days/week worth of cardio. I would start with swimming, stationary bike, or whatever you feel you can do for 30+ minutes and do that. The weight should fly off if you also stick to a nice diet.

Drink lots of water, eat lots of protein, and stay away from carbonated drinks, alcohol, sweets, chocolate, fried foods.

Harry Balls
08-17-2011, 02:49 PM

pfff... bs

TS: I would advice you to just learn some basic nutrition science.
Losing weight is in theory VERY simple. You just have to stick with it.

Do not trust the myths that you need to eat x amount of times per day, or no carbs after 6pm etc. It's mostly about calories in and calories out.

Here is a good articles to start you out.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/all-diets-work-the-importance-of-calories.html

Also since you mentioned MMA, i guess you are familiar with sherdog. They have a very decent FAQ that might benefit you.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/d-s-faq-useful-threads-health-weight-loss-gain-more-read-before-posting-718093/

I'll also send you some e-points that you can use to bet or whatever on this site with other boxingfans.
It's trivial but can be fun.

Other than that, I'd just like to wish you good luck. Just stick with it, thats the only important thing to success.

Harry Balls
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
and this. Read this first: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132598293

dont be put off by bodybuilding in the title, its just dietary information

yeah this is pretty solid advice too for someone obese.

green k given.

Harry Balls
08-17-2011, 02:56 PM
sorry for spamming posts, but i felt this was important.

^

good advice, but duke shouldn't really be running if he's 290lbs, great way to **** up his knees...cardio right now is more counterproductive than anything

main thing is diet, you'll lose an easy 50+ lbs of FAT from diet alone...depending on your will, calorie deficit and if you use keto this can be within as little as a few months

really take this post to heart. DO NOT put too much stress on your joints. For cardio do something like biking or swimming until you've dropped 50+ lbs and gotten your body used to it. If you go running now you are almost certain to injure yourself.

And yes, diet is 90%. You need to work out a ****load just to burn off one small sandwich for example.
Do some boxing, go for walks, ride a bike or swim. But thats just a small bonus and to get healthier. The weight will mostly drop because of you limiting your calories.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 03:05 PM
:boxing:GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE AND SUPPORT!!! I'm super motivated, today is stand-up only in the gym. We'll be doing Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai..The smaller fellas in the gym tell me I have fast hands to be as big as I am. People expect me to just throw power punches cause I'm fat and wanna show off lol. I'm the complete opposite, I'm fat and I only wanna use speed and technique because being fat and trying to throw hard will equal slower punches and me getting hit more. I LOVE learning technique, and when I start shedding this nasty fat, I'll be a lot better off health wise and skill wise.

You all are keeping me going, all this advice has me pumped to get fit and SNATCH my HEALTH back from the hands of DEATH slowly pulling me to an early grave...:boxing:

Akhi
08-17-2011, 03:13 PM
c/s the sh1t harry said about caloric intake...even on keto you won't lose weight unless your expending more calories than you consume.

Use a BMR calculator to find out how many calories you're body uses just to function, from there cut off whatever you feel comfortable with (nothing extreme, but if you want to lose weight fast 500+ is good)

a lot of people use a clean diet as a excuse to eat alot and then get surprised when they're not dropping weight

since you're a MMA fan (im not) but I saw this on sherdog today:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Rosa-Cuts-to-205-Meets-Maldonado-at-UFC-Live-6-34837

http://mmaaddicts.com/dann/ufc-131-dos-santos-carwin/aaron-rosa.JPG

258 here

little motivation

Ogecca MaMa
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Where in my post did I say I was 5'9"?!?! I said I was between FIVE FOOT ELEVEN and SIX FOOT....I'm 21 years old, it's not too late til you're DEAD....:boxing:

my bad. so how fit you want to be or what's your goal. or you just want to work out and lose some weight?

oh and please..never too late till you DEad? pretty high words for you. what the F did you think for 21 years? almost 300 lbs..shame.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I want to be fit to where my stomach no longer hangs, my fat isn't pressing against my lungs and ribcage, so I'll have more stamina and start being more competitive in the Boxing/MMA gym. My legs are WAY stronger than any part of my body because I carry so much fat up top. Being a fatass is killing me, I love to be active and spar a lot, grapple a lot, and have a good time for the love of the sweet science. I finish a WHOLE gallon of water in a 2 hour Boxing class cause I sweat so much. So drinking water is easy for me, forget sodas, and Kool-aid, and luckily my doctor says I don't have high blood pressure or anything like that. So it's time NOW to cut back HUGE and get my mentality in HEALTH MODE...I AM NOT GONNA LET THIS WEIGHT PUT ME SIX FEET DEEP!!! F U C K THAT! God be with me, and lead me down the health path....Ant is makin a change!

D-MiZe
08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
my bad. so how fit you want to be or what's your goal. or you just want to work out and lose some weight?

oh and please..never too late till you DEad? pretty high words for you. what the F did you think for 21 years? almost 300 lbs..shame.

You need to be a little more understanding of people's problems.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 03:55 PM

oh and please..never too late till you DEad? pretty high words for you. what the F did you think for 21 years? almost 300 lbs..shame.You DAMN RIGHT it's a shame! I USED to be the slim kid on the block who ran faster than everyone and ran longer than everyone. I started boxing at 7 years old and as time went by I got LAZY as F U C K! I'm not gonna sit around and argue with you because I know what it's like to be in-shape and I know what it's like to be obese and out of shape. My job is to get healthy and lose weight, whether you encourage me or not, homie I could care less. Your negativity is just making me even more anxious for 5pm to hurry up so I can get to the fighting gym and continue making progress...:boxing:

Of course it's my fault why I'm so heavy now than I used to be. So it's ME who has to live with it and it's ME who has to step up and make a change...

T-97
08-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I can't really add much to what everyone's already said, your technique on the bag is nice, keep up the good work! Just watch out on that low left hand ;)

Also, props for wanting to turn yourself around man! Good luck to you and keep us posted on how it goes.

Harry Balls
08-17-2011, 04:01 PM
You DAMN RIGHT it's a shame! I USED to be the slim kid on the block who ran faster than everyone and ran longer than everyone. I started boxing at 7 years old and as time went by I got LAZY as F U C K! I'm not gonna sit around and argue with you because I know what it's like to be in-shape and I know what it's like to be obese and out of shape. My job is to get healthy and lose weight, whether you encourage me or not, homie I could care less. Your negativity is just making me even more anxious for 5pm to hurry up so I can get to the fighting gym and continue making progress...:boxing:

Of course it's my fault why I'm so heavy now than I used to be. So it's ME who has to live with it and it's ME who has to step up and make a change...
this is a great attitude and something everyone should be able to respect (no matter what you think of obese people).

Most fat people just blame everyone but themselves, and see themselves as victims. You don't, i respect that.

Ogecca MaMa
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Well in your case it's going to be hard to be in really good shape. your skin stretched, body used to certain amount of calories that u ate every day etc.

I say don't try wayy to hard, because even a decent work out for an overweight person is always a hit to your heart. in your case, you do need to create yourself a diet + nice trainings will do it for you. dont expect 6 packs, i'll be glad if you can make it to 240. and mate I don't hate or critisize you, I wrote it as it is and you took it, which is good to hear. Judging by ur character, you are 1 of those who's willing to change and improve. good luck

Harry Balls
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
a lot of the time the stretched skin goes back. it depends on age and genetics mostly.

body is used to a lot of calories yes, but TS is just the same type of evolutionary machine that everyone else is. With less calories he WILL lose weight.

Heres an inspirational thread filled with hundreds upon hundreds of cool examples of obese people becoming extremely fit.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108359701

It will be hard, but It's for sure possible.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
this is a great attitude and something everyone should be able to respect (no matter what you think of obese people).

Most fat people just blame everyone but themselves, and see themselves as victims. You don't, i respect that.Preciate that Harry...I could NEVER blame someone else for somethin I've done to myself over these past few years. It's ME who decides to buy some garbage to feed myself. It's ME who instead of going for a walk I lay down and be lazy. It's ME who drives MY car that I paid for to drive MYself and buy whatever sorry a s s food that I bought. I have NO ONE to blame but myself because I'm a grown a s s man accepting that I'm unhealthy and ready to fix that. Also, I'm no slouch when it comes to Boxing and sparring and what not. I have some of the best technique in my gym, my coach and the other fighters tell me.

I just want the body to compliment what little skills I do have. I'm not looking for a ripped up, ab filled body with riblets. I just wanna remove this hanging stomach, remove these b i t c h a s s man-breasts and tone myself up. It's ALL a mental thing for me, my body is ready to get started but I gotta force my mind to get churning too...:boxing:

young19boxer
08-17-2011, 06:37 PM
But your mind is there bro.... You know what you want....i know this is really off topic but I really want to go to med school, an d with some of the grades I've had, im not much of a perspective med student....but idc what anyone else thinks or says (like you).there are times where I feel overwhelmed and want to give up but its not the distance that matters at all because once its over its over.Its the destination bro. And about the feeling of self accomplishment once you get there. I see you throwing out a lot of thanks to the people on the scene but I personally want to thank you for wanting something and willing to go after it...be a motivational story uve got a lot of support here bro... Never forget the destination

Alx.
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
be careful what you eat and keep to the gym mate, great to see such dedication!

Takeover
08-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Well in your case it's going to be hard to be in really good shape. your skin stretched, body used to certain amount of calories that u ate every day etc.

I say don't try wayy to hard, because even a decent work out for an overweight person is always a hit to your heart. in your case, you do need to create yourself a diet + nice trainings will do it for you. dont expect 6 packs, i'll be glad if you can make it to 240. and mate I don't hate or critisize you, I wrote it as it is and you took it, which is good to hear. Judging by ur character, you are 1 of those who's willing to change and improve. good luck

You are getting owned. Shut up.

BostonGuy
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I've been going to a boxing gym for about 1 3/4 years and I'm seeing some good results lately. The best thing to do is to get into a good routine where you're going to the gym 3-4 times a week (if life permits) and doing light exercise on your days off. On gym days do a variety of boxer exercises/training techniques like the heavy bag, double end and speed bags, skipping rope, light weight lifting, running in place and all the other exercises....

You're not gonna lose all the weight in week so you have to stick with it and work hard when you're in the gym and limit the junk food. For me, I noticed that if I eating junk food for breakfest and lunch then my gym workouts all that much tougher. So I've been cutting down on the potatoe chips, fried food, etc. so that I won't struggle with my workouts.

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 09:29 PM
AWESOME ADVICE fellas, today I power-walked a mile without stopping, did a few rounds of intense heavybag workouts, lifted weights, and drank 2 liters of water during practice. Also I only ate 1,077 calories of good foods today. I'm gonna keep up the routine and continue to grow as a young man who wants his life back.

Takeover
08-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Keep us posted!

ANT_P1989
08-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Will do:boxing:

Harry Balls
08-17-2011, 10:28 PM
AWESOME ADVICE fellas, today I power-walked a mile without stopping, did a few rounds of intense heavybag workouts, lifted weights, and drank 2 liters of water during practice. Also I only ate 1,077 calories of good foods today. I'm gonna keep up the routine and continue to grow as a young man who wants his life back.

Just a friendly tip. Don't go overboard. 1077 calories is way too little, especially if you're also working out.

Even if you go with 2000 cals, you'd lose like 3-5lbs at your size, every week.
You don't wanna burn yourself out. Slow and steady is the key.

moneymayforever
08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
you've got some nice techniques there. nice jab, but put some more waist into the right cross :) you'll see the results if you work hard, don't overtrain yourself, and always run AFTER weightlifting, that helps you to burn fat easier :) good luck!

saxofunk
08-18-2011, 08:41 AM
will you swim? it would be very nice. because if you swim,you wouldn't breathe from your arsehole when you are tired, like i do.

cardio is important mate, never forget this! and keep your hands up if you don't want to get a cut above your eye.

P4PKING_2010
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
You drop your right hand before you throw it. It has an anti-ark to it. As soon as I see it drop a left hook would land easily before you even get to throw the right. The left hook should get the side of the bag not the front. Do not practice right hooks on a bag like that. Try out some body shots too but you must pivot a lot more into the hooks they will be a lot faster bro.

dannnnn
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
will you swim? it would be very nice. because if you swim,you wouldn't breathe from your arsehole when you are tired, like i do.

I don't know if that's a typo or what, but it gave me a good laugh! Green K for you :)

Soju
08-19-2011, 02:31 AM
21 is young as hell to turn your body around, it'll happen if you want it to. You're doing fine man; now that you're paying attention to nutrition and you're boxing just gotta put the time in. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but be sure to cut out all the sodas and other sweet drinks if you haven't already. Those are the calories that will sneak up on you.

ANT_P1989
08-19-2011, 02:07 PM
21 is young as hell to turn your body around, it'll happen if you want it to. You're doing fine man; now that you're paying attention to nutrition and you're boxing just gotta put the time in. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but be sure to cut out all the sodas and other sweet drinks if you haven't already. Those are the calories that will sneak up on you.

Appreciate that Soju, will definitely cut out all sugars. Only fresh fruits will be my sugar source. Not too much tho.:boxing:

Barn
08-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Not much I can add about the diet.

I was quite impressed with your bag work, nice snappy punches which were fast and those straight punches were technically excellent.

Only thing I would recommend is not throwing them just from the shoulder, twist your hips and plant your feet when doing so, this should create a lot more power.

Good Luck, be sure to hit us up with updates of how your getting on.

-EAGLE-
08-19-2011, 03:12 PM

shut the **** up you ****in azzhole,

don't listen to his guy bro, just train hard try to run every morning that's what i did, thn went to the gym 3 days a week and in 6 months i'm a totally different person!

God bless and don't give up!

Ogecca MaMa
08-20-2011, 12:01 AM
ya run every morning and become 2nd A. Povetkin or Solis. ns advice uppercut

paulsinghnl
08-20-2011, 01:32 AM
i've been there buddy, just work at it, stay disciplined, stay motivated. your style kind of reminds me of riddick bowe by the way, he's one of my favorites of all time.

when you're tired and don't feel like it in the morning and feel like sagging.... get your ass up and go to the gym, when you start that workout you'll feel better. remember every little step you take towards losing weight is a step.. and remember every step in the other direction is exactly that..

have a routine, drink a lot of water, do something active everyday, no matter how hard it feels and do spend a little time for yourself to be lazy. all work and no play...

(don't forget to stretch and all by the way, when you're heavy, there's a lot of pressure on the muscles, easy to get injured)

to keep motivated, find music, anything that pumps you up. i'll send you some of my stuff.

whenever you don't feel like it.. pick one of those things that pump you up and get going to the gym, to the pool, to do your roadwork..

Ray Lewis - mr. Work Ethic

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m0ysMOV8TYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Determination and Sacrifice

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZtMm0swu5i8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blood sweat and tears... only way

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R1zFRuYnGZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i hope they help.. find more for yourself, and keep going.

DO
NOT
GIVE
UP!

saxofunk
08-20-2011, 06:49 AM
do not run!!! your knees will be ****ed up. i'm sorry but your body weight will harm your knees if you run.

best thing to instead of running is swimming or bicycling.

ANT_P1989
08-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks for ALL of the advice fellas, I'll be adding in all that you all have spoken to me. Everything you fellas are telling me, I keep it stored in my head and will continue to strive for my goal of losing weight and snatching my health back from the hands of an early death. THROUGH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. ;-)

Dan...
08-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Good advice from all. Best of luck with it mate. Diet and dedication is the key. I have lost nearly 80 pounds over the last few years and it all started with taking a serious look at my diet. As others have said though, don't go absolutely mental with cutting the calories. I read in an above post that you ate just over 1,000 in a day? You need more than that. Restricting your diet to that extent will increase the risk of total default.

Chex31
08-21-2011, 10:23 PM
http://howmanycaloriesshouldieat.blogspot.com/

The calculator there will tell you how much calories to eat a day. You should be eating atleast 3,000+ if you are exercising. Great advice given so far! Not from everyone though.
Best of luck!

jerzeytib
08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Congrats on getting motivated and focused on changing yourself for the better. You and I are in the same boat. I started my Journey of weight loss in April with lap-band surgery(which I wish I never did) and so far I've lost 60lbs(284lbs now). The only advice I can give you is to not eat to little and don't over train yourself. I too love working out and I found myself to be eating like 1200cals a day, in addition to running in the morning and doing a full boxing workout at night (jump rope3rds, 5rds heavy bag, 3-4rds shadowboxing, pad work,abs, dips, body-weight squats, and push ups). After about 3days of that I would be so drained. So just make sure you don't deprive yourself of cals because your body will need it for fuel. Other than that keep up the good work.

p.s.Your looking good on the heavy bag........ This is my heavybag work about 2yrs ago before I ballooned up to 342. In the vid I'm about the same weight as I am right now.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KKbyyx4QY8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KingTito
08-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Honestly, not bad at all. Just keep working hard.

setza
08-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Nice work, keep the instenisty high and dont stop good job. You got nice fluid punches but no way your 5 11 lol that must mean im 5 2 and im not that small lol

Blackfoot
08-30-2011, 12:18 AM
You gotta eat clean man, you're already in the gym doing your thing, all it takes is eating healthy.. Whole foods man, I know it sucks. I was in the same boat as you at your age, the craving for a big mac with extra sauce never goes away haha, but once you start losing those pounds it will be easier and easier to keep away from it

like I said you're already in the gym, just take that extra step and change up what you're eating

ANT_P1989
08-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Second video of me hitting the heavybag...I threw 2 kicks on the bag as well, 1st kick sucked, 2nd kick had better technique (pause in between the kick to see the technique)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcOCT-1jAo&sns=em

paulsinghnl
08-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Second video of me hitting the heavybag...I threw 2 kicks on the bag as well, 1st kick sucked, 2nd kick had better technique (pause in between the kick to see the technique)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcOCT-1jAo&sns=em

very nice dude, real good technique. try to keep active, move your head and upper body while not punching and go to the body too.

and for kicking: remember to turn the kick in on the ball of your foot and push your hips into it.

doing great bro, for real.

ANT_P1989
08-30-2011, 09:05 PM
very nice dude, real good technique. try to keep active, move your head and upper body while not punching and go to the body too.

and for kicking: remember to turn the kick in on the ball of your foot and push your hips into it.

doing great bro, for real.

Preciate that homie! ;-) Pause the video right before my shin lands on the bag on the second kick, I turned my hips over with more rotation, but when after the kick lands it looks weird when I return back to my stance. Thanks for the tips, I'll be using the advice and making more combo videos. :boxing:

Aperion
08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
As long as your still breathing its never too late

^^^best life advice right there. Ima go pro when I hit 70 and KO all the geezers in the old folks home!

riocampbell
08-31-2011, 07:20 PM
im in the same boat im 21, 225 pounds, start boxing training last week

Left2theliver
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Good stuff man! I'm trying to drop some pounds myself. Just watch what you eat, and stay consistent with your exercises man. CONSISTENCY! You seem to be pretty good as of right now, so just stick to it and the pounds will come off. Just stay consistent, cautious, and patient.

paulsinghnl
09-07-2011, 06:59 PM
how goes it all brother? i hope you staying in the gym.

chico 305
09-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Im not sure if it's been said.

but add weights to your training to burn fat quick..

do squats, dead lifts, bench press. heavy weight, 3 sets.. 3-5 reps.

squats and deadlifts burn hella calories. and get your foundation strong

ANT_P1989
09-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Still in the gym, I love my gym, everyone is like fam to me. Having some money issues at the moment, but other than that, I'm still trying to work on it.

paulsinghnl
09-09-2011, 09:20 AM
well don't need to go to the gym to stay active, road work, pushups at home, jump rope outside, even just jumping jacks can be killing. stay active!