View Full Version : my 2nd amateur boxing match.

ippo
07-30-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxlv443bNc

What do you guys think?I know its too short,but its not my fault.One thing i know by watching the video is i kept doing to many over hand rights,but i couldn't miss with it so i kept doing it.My first am boxing i won by decision.

-Jay-
07-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Well done, if he doesn't protect himself and a punch works for you why would you stop doing it?

ippo
07-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Well done, if he doesn't protect himself and a punch works for you why would you stop doing it?

I guess your right,its just when i look at it i keep doing the same over hand right.My trainer just told him to be aggressive,we worked on the slip the left and then come back with the right a lot.He just ingrained that a little too much.

bernardotelo
07-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I guess your right,its just when i look at it i keep doing the same over hand right.My trainer just told him to be aggressive,we worked on the slip the left and then come back with the right a lot.He just ingrained that a little too much.

wtf? fighting in sneakers t shirts and in muaythai gloves?? wtf this aint boxing....

Bullrush
07-30-2011, 01:27 PM
thats not an official amateur bout :nono:

and the guy you fought clearly lacks experience, i really doubt hes had more than a couple sparring sessions. if he did then hes just terrible. good job though, not to take anything from you. keep it up

ippo
07-31-2011, 05:03 AM
wtf? fighting in sneakers t shirts and in muaythai gloves?? wtf this aint boxing....

Others used boxing shoes there,since i don't own any i just used those shoes.And we have to use the gloves they provide.The t-shirt thing,that just has our gym name on it.The last one i did we wore the normal tank top shirt.

Your right about the lack of experience Bullrush,my sparring partners were harder than him.But i didn't get to see or know who i'm fighting till we all got weighed in.Right about it probably not being an official amateur event,but this is the philippines and its probably pretty common here.If anything its at least good experience again to fight in front of a crowd,since the last time i did it was 2 years ago.

Poppa Mathysse
07-31-2011, 05:45 AM

:rofl: :rofl: exactly ippo would not stand a chance against a real amatuer boxer this fight is a joke the other guys could even throw a proper punch. :rofl:

dutchschaffer
07-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Good effort mate, Least you got in there. Total domination which ain't always going to be the case so fair play.

Rockin'
07-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Nice job. This had to be an exhibition or something or the Philipines do not have the same rules as USA Boxing.

That first one-two that you opened the fight with was sharp and crisp, the rest of them it seemed that you were pulling back or loading up. You kept throwing and landing that right hand yet never followed with the hook, he would have eaten those hooks all night long if you had thrown them. But really, even if the guy was not experienced, you did a good job. Aswell it does not matter what shoes you fight in as long as you are getting the experience.

With that right hand you know that to get back in position that you will have to bring the right shoulder back and the left shoulder forward, why not throw the hook with it, it's natural motion if you know what I mean.

In the USA Boxing events you are not allowed to wear shirts with sleeves and announcers are not allowed to speak during the fight that is what leads me to believe that it was an exhibition.

Honestly you didn't look too bad. In time you will need to develop that jab to work your way in as those lead rights will be picked up and countered by better fighters. You turned your body in nice with those right hands though, good power in the shots. But next time you show something on here I want to see you following those rights with either a hook to the body or a hook to the head. The hook coming after the right is about the easiest and most natural movement in the sport. Good job my man..........Rockin':boxing:

BG_Knocc_Out
07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
You did a pretty good job for your first time. This must have been an exhibition, like someone stated. But competition is competition.

Alx.
08-01-2011, 02:13 PM
good job you completely dominated the other guy :D

but as others said he was horrible

Be_kind_rewind
08-09-2011, 09:39 AM
lol at you both wearing tennis shoes.

Cloud
08-09-2011, 09:46 AM
What the **** with the trolls.

This dude is getting stuck in and having a go. I like a trier, good on you Ippo. **** these internet hard men.

sammiza567
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
What the **** with the trolls.

This dude is getting stuck in and having a go. I like a trier, good on you Ippo. **** these internet hard men.

nobody is being a dick to him. just the truth. it was a good job. but the other kid looked like he had been doing cardio kickboxing

Mohammedini
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
HAHA, you were viscous like a pitbull bro :P. I know its your second fight but I think you should start developing you left hook. so you can open your opponents up for the right hand and also have something to follow to the right hand to prevent getting countered. How long have you been training?

Mohammedini
08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
We don't know if the guy was completely worthless cuz he never had a chance to begin with. Ippo rocked the guy early and put pressure on him the whole time. Ippo also landed good counter-punches every time he tried to punch back. The guy was obviously inexperienced but Ippo never gave him a chance.