View Full Version : I need some advice...

Alex Chung
07-13-2011, 10:44 PM
So I'm kinda getting frustrated with myself with Boxing. I have just joined a new gym, and i started their MMA stand-up program. The boxing coaches their saw me on the mitts, and they thought i looked pretty good. So they asked if i wanted to start boxing, so i said yeah and i got in the ring to spar a few rounds. Before that i did some body boxing i class, and i did pretty good. But when i got in the ring, i was very nervous, because i was with a bigger guy that had a lot of experience. Even though he went easy, the only thing i could really land was my jab. I found myself covering up a lot, and when i got hit, i would close my eyes, i guess I'm afraid of taking punches.

Does sparring get easier as you progress?

Is there something i can do to loose my fear of getting hit?

I know I'm fast, but in the ring i feel like I'm slow and nervous.

Thanks

F l i c k e r
07-13-2011, 11:05 PM
1. Yes. You have to get used to it first.

2. You'll get hit flush and eventually start moving your head.

3. That's because your nervous. When that goes away, you will start moving quicker.

It takes time. The more your in there, the easier it will become. Just wait till you get your first real match. :lol1:

moneymayforever
07-13-2011, 11:43 PM
I have the same problem, but my coach told me that as I do more parring, I will get used to it. Do more and more, and I think you'll get teh hang of it :)