View Full Version : Hernia

New England
07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
What do you guys know about them?
has anybody ever gotten one // know anybody who has?

the injury doesn't have to be related to boxing
mine certainly was not
i'll be heading to the doctor to get it checked out soon (had to wait on hold for 15 mins to get an appt, couldnt get seen for a week and a half. **** done changed :/ )

i'd like to know what i can expect from somebody who has experience with it
how much work i should expect to have to miss if i'm going to be getting the thing operated on / removed

thanks and cheers

Squirrel
07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Are you sure you have one? cause like, they're unbelievably agonising and i'm sure you'd know if you had one.

They'll either push it back in by hand or they'll have to operate; if it's the latter I imagine recovery will be in the weeks/months catagory.

New England
07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Are you sure you have one? cause like, they're unbelievably agonising and i'm sure you'd know if you had one.

They'll either push it back in by hand or they'll have to operate; if it's the latter I imagine recovery will be in the weeks/months catagory.

over the course of my years i've gotten many of the bumps and dings you can get

i've pulled lots of muscles almost everywhere on my body (save the groin, which is originally what i thought i did)
broken a toe or finger or knuckle on each hand and foot. knocked off finger and toenails
gotten the sprains and strains and stretches that come standard with a very active life both in youth and as an adult

this one is very very different. from what i've heard of hernias (and how you get them... i was moving an unbelievably heavy object) i'd venture a guess that i've got one.

it's not an injury to tissues that i'm used to hurting / injuring
you know what it feels like to pull a muscle or tear something
break a bone, get a deep wound, etc

i'm not familiar with the sensation in the least
but it's got me going to the doctor in the first time in years

i felt something tear in my lower stomach area on the left side
and it's not gotten any better.

thanks for your input. the doctor will certainly let me know if i've got one. just thought i'd let you know that i'm not some ***** complaining about a stomach ache haha.