View Full Version : vibram five fingers?

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I have seen people on here talking about these shoes and saying how good they are for running. Recently i have been looking at them on the internet and deliberating whether to get some or not. One of the main problems i have is i do not know which ones are best for running, i will not be wearing to work or when i go out, just for running.

So which ones if any are the best for running? And are there any problems with shoes?

Thank you

Devibrator
07-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Goto the lounge and ask Triggerhappy!
He's an expert on this issue!!

Pez
07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Read up on the different kinds there are. I myself bought the regular KSO, they're the most versatile. It could be just a placebo effect but I feel great when I run in them. I feel faster and there's a noticeable spring in my step because I'm forced to land on my forefoot.

Make sure to get the perfect size. If you don't, your toes will feel the consequences.

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Read up on the different kinds there are. I myself bought the regular KSO, they're the most versatile. It could be just a placebo effect but I feel great when I run in them. I feel faster and there's a noticeable spring in my step because I'm forced to land on my forefoot.

Make sure to get the perfect size. If you don't, your toes will feel the consequences.
how are you supposed to know the perfect size?
there isn't anywhere local to me that sells them

Pez
07-11-2011, 05:33 PM
how are you supposed to know the perfect size?
there isn't anywhere local to me that sells them

Oh, well that's not good. It would be best if you could actually try them on before purchasing them.

The conversion chart on the site is pretty accurate. When the guy at the store measured my foot, he had me try one that was two sizes lower than what the site said and it was really tight. Then I tried on the size that I got from the site and it fit well.

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
im size 10 in UK i think that is 10.5 in US and 45 in EU
the ones im looking at are size 10 so they should be right

is your second toe bigger than your big toe?

Pez
07-11-2011, 05:54 PM
im size 10 in UK i think that is 10.5 in US and 45 in EU
the ones im looking at are size 10 so they should be right

is your second toe bigger than your big toe?

Make sure you're measuring and reading the chart right. The chart doesn't go by shoe size, it goes by how long your longest foot is in inches. Your 10 UK shoe size is irrelevant when you're trying to find your Five Fingers size. Get a ruler and measure your longest foot in inches.

And yes, my second toe is longer lol.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OT_UBGIhVWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM
yeah i just tried this, and my foot is just under 10 3/4 inches, so i'd need a 42 or 43 depending on the type of vibram.

all the websites list them as normal shoe sizes though.

how much were yours and did you get them off of the web?

Pez
07-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah 42/43 is right. I bought mine from a store here called REI. Got the black KSO for $90 including tax.

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 06:32 PM
that's what i dont get, unless i look on ebay, they are all atleast 100

I just checked REI and i dont think they ship to the UK

Pez
07-11-2011, 06:48 PM
That's weird. I'd just buy them from ebay. The other sites are ripping you off.

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 07:00 PM
That's weird. I'd just buy them from ebay. The other sites are ripping you off.
even the vibram site? and amazon sellers?

do you have any experience with saucony hattori's?

Pez
07-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Well I checked the UK Amazon and official UK Vibram site and if my dollar to pound conversion is correct, they're selling it for about twice the price I got them for here in the states. I don't know anything about Saucony Hattoris.

the_blueprint
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
yes you are right, it should be more like half not double.

triggerhapppy
07-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I would be careful on ebay because there many fake ones being sold.
Here is a great website that can answer all your questions.
http://birthdayshoes.com/
http://birthdayshoes.com/store/

triggerhapppy
07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Goto the lounge and ask Triggerhappy!
He's an expert on this issue!!

:haha:Green k sent.

Monte Fisto
07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
I have seen people on here talking about these shoes and saying how good they are for running. Recently i have been looking at them on the internet and deliberating whether to get some or not. One of the main problems i have is i do not know which ones are best for running, i will not be wearing to work or when i go out, just for running.

So which ones if any are the best for running? And are there any problems with shoes?

Thank youJust like someone suggested, go to their website and you'll see the different types. I recently tried their TrekSport, the one that is for rugged terrain and trails, I wasn't feelin' them(might as well wear shoes, 'cause it barely feels you're running barefoot, the soles are too thick)

I also tried their Bikilas, which is their running specific shoe, I really liked them. Soles are not too thick and not too thin either.

I have the KSO's. Which is their most popular model. It's like their multi-purpose shoe. I like 'em. The longest I've ran in 'em was close to two miles and my left foot started to hurt(more on this later). But, having tried their Bikilas, I definitely think that I could go run longer distances on the Bikilas compared to the KSO's because it has a thicker sole and the way the soles are molded it's more suited for running.

Now, back to why my left foot started to hurt when I jogged for about 2 miles. So, I started to feel this aching on my left foot during my run. I stopped running and walked back to my car. I took my shoe and looked down on my foot, and BAM, I see three f**kin' blisters. There was three on my arch and one under my big toe.

The problem was my KSO's were too tight on me, it wasn't so much that I bought the wrong size, it's due to the fact that I have wide feet.

But, if I would've bought the next size up, it would've been too long. So, either way, I think I would've developed blisters, it's either too tight width wise, or it would've been too long length wise.

In my case, there is no perfect size. But, they say that in order for anyone to benefit from the Vibram's, the shoes are suppose to fit like a glove. But, that's the problem though, not every person has the same exact length/shape foot. Unless, it's custom made. I guess if any of the Vibram's fit your foot like a glove, then you're just one lucky person.

Bottom line, I like 'em, I still wear mine, I just don't walk in them for too long and I don't run in them anymore. It's just too bad their sizing isn't exact for the length and width of my foot. Good luck to you. I suggest you try 'em out.