No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney vs Joe Frazier

The James Toney that fought Evander Holyfield, Sam Peter I, Hasim Rahman, and John Ruiz have a good chance against a prime Joe Frazier. For me this fight is hard to call and pick. What do you all think? What would be the outcome? Remember James Toney has never been KO.

Originally posted by GF of Boxing View Post
    The James Toney that fought Evander Holyfield, Sam Peter I, Hasim Rahman, and John Ruiz have a good chance against a prime Joe Frazier. For me this fight is hard to call and pick. What do you all think? What would be the outcome? Remember James Toney has never been KO.
    Toney would need to come in under 200lbs to have the stamina and speed to survive the best version of Frazier. Toney would make him miss and land some counters, but Frazier would just be mauling him the whole time and win a UD. If Toney comes in flabby Frazier has a good shot at tko'ing him in the later rounds. Jmo.

Comment

Toney beating prime Frazier means you think the heavyweight version of Toney was actually a superior boxer to the Ali that Joe Frazier beat the first time.

Comment

I don't rate Toney high as a heavyweight but Frazier is the kind of guy that Toney loves to fight, comes forward and is wide open for counters. Its a 50/50 fight and would be an absolute war.

Comment

Frazier breaks him down late.. Toney simply isn't on THAT level as a heavyweight. but he was still fantastic.

Comment

I'm not saying Toney would win but it would be one heck of a fight win or lose. This fight would in up on the ropes where men become men. Toney's back would be on the ropes where Joe would want him and Toney would sit there trying to counter him in a fast paced bout.

Comment

Working...
            X