View Full Version : is it me or does larry from hbo talk real slow

Verstyle
10-03-2005, 02:47 AM
it seems like he be snortin that white stuff or tryin to explain stuff to alot of dumb ****s(like on this site).the way he talks bothers me i mean i know he's old, but **** spit out what u gotta say and quit takin all day this isnt screwed music

dangerousity
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
lol, he has defienetly slowed down with age.
10 years ago he speaked normally but now its as if he's tired of talking.

Verstyle
10-03-2005, 08:50 PM
he probably is tired of talking

THE REAL NINJA
10-04-2005, 01:52 AM
it seems like he be snortin that white stuff or tryin to explain stuff to alot of dumb ****s(like on this site).the way he talks bothers me i mean i know he's old, but **** spit out what u gotta say and quit takin all day this isnt screwed music
lol agree it bothers me too and i hate when tells foreman about boxing. yes he may be older but i think foreman knows a thing or two more about boxing then lerry. i cant stand his little speach at the end of the show.the way he will kiss a fighters ass then next week talk ****..tyson,lewis...but id miss him if he was gone :)

BigJay27
10-04-2005, 01:58 AM
He's probably drunk half the time he's on, when they were in El Paso, he was talking about the Tequila and Tecate's. Poor ole drunk ****er

666boy666
10-04-2005, 02:07 AM
he probably is tired of talking

I know I'M tired of him talking

hellfire508
10-04-2005, 06:02 AM
lol agree it bothers me too and i hate when tells foreman about boxing. yes he may be older but i think foreman knows a thing or two more about boxing then lerry. i cant stand his little speach at the end of the show.the way he will kiss a fighters ass then next week talk ****..tyson,lewis...but id miss him if he was gone :)

I agree to an extent. Foreman knows more about fighting itself, however, Larry has seen alot more fights, and has vast amounts of knowledge, despite the fact he is seemingly reluctant to show it sometimes. Foreman is correct alot, but so is Larry. He just needs to lay off the piss during the fights and he will be a handy commentator.

Off-topic: In the "sports photo of the century", with Ali standing fist ****ed over Liston, Merchant is in the background, ringside.

Verstyle
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
it looks like he wants to go to sleep also

THE REAL NINJA
10-08-2005, 09:30 PM
still give me him over the showtime guys anyday

mercadojglb
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
poor lil larry needs to get more sleep before talkin in front of the camera. He needs to put that bottle of hennessey down and hit the sheets early.

Verstyle
10-11-2005, 12:18 AM
i bet larry be smokin week with snoop. so of the analogies he says r dumb

jack_the_rippuh
10-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Are you saying Merchant sniffed the "gear" Watson and Benn sniffed?

Verstyle
10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
he did something even in the eighties he talked slow

phallus
10-11-2005, 11:14 PM
poor lil larry needs to get more sleep before talkin in front of the camera. He needs to put that bottle of hennessey down and hit the sheets early.

we have a winner!!!!

marvdave
10-12-2005, 07:47 AM
still give me him over the showtime guys anyday

I love Bernstein..but Albert sucks.

how about a straight up trade...Al for Larry

snap the jab
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
hahahaha hilarious

I think that they need to get rid of the guy - he must have a 90 year contract or something...

I'd feel bad about saying this if it wasn't for the fact that he's probably made a gabillion dollars by now, calling all these big fights...

Padilla
10-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Yup that man is always drunk. I know a perked man when I see one.

Verstyle
10-12-2005, 08:49 PM
he knows he ****. but he's a smart ass also.it was funny when he called the tyson fights in the 80s though.when the fight would start he would say it shoulda been over alread. cause of how good mike was

Warhawk46
10-12-2005, 09:59 PM
But notice how once Mike left HBO all they could do, Larry included , was talk **** about Tyson...

Interesting...he is no longer giving them the huge-money shows and they get a little pissed off. Its a business.

Verstyle
10-12-2005, 10:17 PM
he should commentate the old ppl that fight like the 35 and up group. i bet his old ass is best friends with ali. him and royjones been snortin. thats why ol roy is slippin up. larry got'em hooked on that white stuff.