View Full Version : My second Highlight: Sam Langford.

Barn
06-19-2011, 06:17 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MuOXZ0yzKao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New England
06-19-2011, 08:23 AM
i'm still amazed when people are able to put together videos like this

i guess growing up in the 90's with PC's that fought me every step of the way doesn't help haha

great work, my friend
green k and whatever gift is in the giftshop on its way

langford was a little ball of bad intentions
man o man could he punch

The Surgeon
06-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Great vid Barnburner, even better than the last one which is very impressive, loved the music choice too. Well done you and i cant wait to see what u come up with next!

Joe Frazier - Joe Frazier - Joe Frazier! :fingersx:

Barn
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Great vid Barnburner, even bettehiis very impressive, loved the music choice too. Well done you and i cant wait to see what u come up with next!

Joe Frazier - Joe Frazier - Joe Frazier! :fingersx:
Thanks a lot. Glad the music choice has been well received also, I love that song.

I would really fancy making a Joe Fraizer one.

Although I've always had a voice in my head telling me I want to make a Jersey Joe Walcott one, for a few reasons.

1. I really enjoy watching him.
2. There is not a HL of him yet.
3. He's got some really nifty moves :lol1:

The Surgeon
06-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks a lot. Glad the music choice has been well received also, I love that song. I would really fancy making a Joe Fraizer one. Although I've always had a voice in my head telling me I want to make a Jersey Joe Walcott one, for a few reasons. 1. I really enjoy watching him. 2. There is not a HL of him yet. 3. He's got some really nifty moves :lol1: Yeah Jersey Joe was a crafty old bastard with some slick moves! Id go for a highlights vid of his too, not many out there...

DarkTerror88
06-19-2011, 01:05 PM
That was excellent. If you ever get a chance try to make one of Charles. If your making one of walcott it seems right to also have his foil.

Barn
06-19-2011, 01:36 PM
That was excellent. If you ever get a chance try to make one of Charles. If your making one of walcott it seems right to also have his foil.
That is exactly what I had planned :)

Trying to stray away from "modern fighters" for a few reasons.

1. There is lots of highlights of them already.
2. Since they have a lot of fights filmed it takes a lot of work to include all of their fights whereas with people like Langford(3 fights) and Dempsey(7ish fights) it's a helluva lot easier. Only took about 4 hours total to make the Langford one, for example.

$BloodyNate$
06-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Brilliant!!

Barn
06-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Brilliant!!
Thankyou...

Greatest1942
06-19-2011, 03:12 PM
That is exactly what I had planned :)

Trying to stray away from "modern fighters" for a few reasons.

1. There is lots of highlights of them already.
2. Since they have a lot of fights filmed it takes a lot of work to include all of their fights whereas with people like Langford(3 fights) and Dempsey(7ish fights) it's a helluva lot easier. Only took about 4 hours total to make the Langford one, for example.
Good going Friend...your efforts are appreciated

Barn
06-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Good going Friend...your efforts are appreciated
Welcome back, I was wondering where you disappeared to.

Greatest1942
06-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Welcome back, I was wondering where you disappeared to.
Thanks mate...just a bit busy with work..

GF of Boxing
06-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I've always said that Sam Langford would of been the greatest fighter that ever lived if he would of gotten the chance to fight for THE world title. During the time he came up he was refused title shots for the crown due to the racism and prejudice that existed strongly and openly. Top notch fighter refused to fight this man. Even Jack Johnson
refused to give him a rematch and title shot after Johnson beat him (before he won the title) He did win the Mexican, Australia, and Colored Heavyweight title. But this man skill set and power was incredible. He stood 5'6" and fought from lightweight to heavyweight and fought guys that were up to 80 pounds heavier than him. I have and seen footage of Sam Langford and personally he ranks in the top 3 greatest fighter of all time. He was truly the first p4p fighter.