View Full Version : Reem vs BIGFOOT

photomane
06-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Who ya got?

$BloodyNate$
06-19-2011, 12:14 AM
This definitely just became a 50/50 fight and I actually might pick Big Foot haha. Overeem definitely look human.

Dorian
06-19-2011, 12:22 AM
It's true in MMA, you're only as good as your last fight. He will come in with a different strategy against BigFoot. Still tho, it's a 50/50.

elgranluchadore
06-19-2011, 11:04 AM
i say reem by ko but not so sure i do think it will end inside the distance

Gojira
06-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Bigfoot will use his size to quickly gas reem and finish him like he did Fedor.

rollinmerc
06-19-2011, 12:23 PM
bigfoot by stopage rd 2

CiganoBoxer
06-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I think i have officially fell off the Reem band wagon ,I dont see him beating the likes of JNR Dos Santos or Cain Velasquez in the UFC...hes so bulked up on roids or what ever that his tongue hangs out after two rounds let alone doing five lol ,I think Big foot might beat Overeem in the next semi final fight !

Jack3d
06-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Last night was just a stlyes clash which made for an ugly fight. The best striker @ HW vs. the best gaurd at HW, it was destined to create issues. The threat of the takedown from Werdum make Overeem hesistant to strike and opened up the stand-up for Werdum. Rest assured if he fought JDS or someone who didn't have intent on taking the fight to the ground, Overeem would tear them apart.

Overeem still beats Silva. Silva is more punchable than Werdum, and much slower. Silva likes to fight at range, which will make it easier for Overeem to put him on the end of his punches.

LOL @ people jumping off the bandwagon. Overeem hasn't fought a top guy in at least 5 years at any weight class. Give him a break.

Also I don't know what anyone is talking about with gassing. Overeem's cardio is fine.

Virgil Caine
06-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Overeem destroys him.

photomane
06-19-2011, 11:14 PM
bigfoot by stopage rd 2

BIGFOOT is too slow for REEM. REEM will make him look stupid. Reem didnt look good last night because he was worried about getting subed by the best MMA fighter in MMA. Reem is good TKO/KO this slow OGER. Also Fedor in his prime would have won. Fedor has a child now and is past his prime.

Marchegiano
06-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Yeah Overeem's ****ing garbage now.....Ted Lowry was a guy who'd been KO'd by guys Marciano had KO'd. Rocky fought Ted twice and twice got the UD. Later Marciano would claim he'd never beable to KO Lowry. My point is you see the guys form. You've seen the KO's. A lack luster proformance does negate what he's done, nor is it a symbol of his power. The man still won, and unless i'm mistaken that makes Overeem the Lineal UFC HW Champ. I still see The Reem as the best HW.

Reem by 1st round KO. I like Bigfoot, but his head is too easy to hit.

CiganoBoxer
06-20-2011, 02:59 AM
BIGFOOT is too slow for REEM. REEM will make him look stupid. Reem didnt look good last night because he was worried about getting subed by the best MMA fighter in MMA. Reem is good TKO/KO this slow OGER. Also Fedor in his prime would have won. Fedor has a child now and is past his prime.
he was worried about getting subed by the best MMA fighter in MMA
?? makes Sense :haha:

-2 Scrappy-
06-20-2011, 03:47 AM
Everybody at my gym was screaming how crazy spectacular A.O is and nonsense like that. I kept trying to tell them his best win at heavyweight is Todd Duffee who would knock Rogers the **** out too. Todd Duffee would be lucky to be top 20 hw so I knew everybody was getting ahead of themselves.

He not god like everybody thought. he wont easily run through this tournament. Hes not that much better than anybody in this tournament but hes not worse either. Hes on the same mediocre level but with good stand up. Its Barnetts tournament but I couldnt stand him bringing that pro wrestling crap into the real thing. I hope he gets knocked out. Cant remember much about Silva besides the Fedor fight so I got to rewatch his old stuff again so Im not sure who will win right now but of course you got to favor Overeem because the thing I do remember is silva likes to bang. Big no no.

BIg Smoke
06-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Overeem is going to demolish Big Foot.

Sorry.

BIg Smoke
06-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Last night was just a stlyes clash which made for an ugly fight. The best striker @ HW vs. the best gaurd at HW, it was destined to create issues. The threat of the takedown from Werdum make Overeem hesistant to strike and opened up the stand-up for Werdum. Rest assured if he fought JDS or someone who didn't have intent on taking the fight to the ground, Overeem would tear them apart.

Overeem still beats Silva. Silva is more punchable than Werdum, and much slower. Silva likes to fight at range, which will make it easier for Overeem to put him on the end of his punches.

LOL @ people jumping off the bandwagon. Overeem hasn't fought a top guy in at least 5 years at any weight class. Give him a break.

Also I don't know what anyone is talking about with gassing. Overeem's cardio is fine.
absolutely agree with everything said.

-2 Scrappy-
06-20-2011, 04:21 AM

Isnt that how you should judge fighters though? How they do as the competition gets better? I agree that it was a bad style match up but he arguably lost that fight it was very close.

I would say he reminds me of Joe Frazier or to be more modern Miguel Cotto who are big bullies but if you stand up to his power and hit him with some shots of your own hes definitely beatable like its been proven in k-1.

Jack3d
06-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Isnt that how you should judge fighters though? How they do as the competition gets better? I agree that it was a bad style match up but he arguably lost that fight it was very close.

I would say he reminds me of Joe Frazier or to be more modern Miguel Cotto who are big bullies but if you stand up to his power and hit him with some shots of your own hes definitely beatable like its been proven in k-1.

It was no a very close fight, IMO. Overeem won pretty decisively.

Yes you gauge guys on how they do against the best, but let's be real here. He went from fighting Todd Duffee to fighting a top 3 or 5 ranked HW. That's a big jump, not to mention the unusual styles clash.

The styles clash and the huge jump in competition was just a recipe for disaster for both fighters. I think he deserves some slack.

ƒallenloki
06-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Overeem is going to KTFO Bigfoot.

Let us not forget that Bigfoot couldn't KO Arlovski, and has been knocked out by Eric Pele.... Eric mutha-phuckin Pele

-2 Scrappy-
06-20-2011, 02:55 PM
It was no a very close fight, IMO. Overeem won pretty decisively.

Yes you gauge guys on how they do against the best, but let's be real here. He went from fighting Todd Duffee to fighting a top 3 or 5 ranked HW. That's a big jump, not to mention the unusual styles clash.

The styles clash and the huge jump in competition was just a recipe for disaster for both fighters. I think he deserves some slack.

I agree with that but I don't think he's the man to rule the heavyweight division for 1,000 years like everybody thought before this fight.

As far as the fight not being close I'll just leave this here for you.

Overeem vs Werdum fightmetric (http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/06/overeem-vs-werdum-ii-official.html)

-Swizzy-
06-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I don't get it. Did I miss something. Did we all watch the same fight? Why is everyone knocking Reem for his last fight?

I thought he looked impressive considering Werdum's skill-set and game plan. The only reason Werdum was landing some strikes is cuz Overeem wasn't expecting them but they weren't effective strikes anyway.

The way Reem easily stunted Werdum's takedowns was very impressive IMO. And even when Werdum did get him down, Reem easily got out.

All this says to me is that nobody has a chance on the ground against Overeem. If you want to beat him, you have no choice but to fight him standing up and Reem has the best standup so it will be close to impossible to beat him.

Bigfoot is gonna get a beating.

Rudyo
06-20-2011, 07:46 PM

That quote alone makes me lol, why should I give him an excuse for avoiding fighting any of the top guys of a division for 5 years and then looking subpar when he finally does?

I think Overeem has enough to beat Silva by decision, but I'm still picking Barnett to win the tournament.

Jack3d
06-20-2011, 08:12 PM
That quote alone makes me lol, why should I give him an excuse for avoiding fighting any of the top guys of a division for 5 years and then looking subpar when he finally does?

I think Overeem has enough to beat Silva by decision, but I'm still picking Barnett to win the tournament.

BRB fighting a guy who isn't even ranked, to fighting a top 5 HW in one of the most stylistically awkward fights ever.

And Overeem hasn't avoided fighting anybody. Please find me proof of Overeem avoiding anyone. Nobody wants to fight Overeem, not the other way around. Overeem takes what is offered. Fedor ducked him, Werdum was injured, Bigfoot ended up fighting Fedor, and the only option was the K-1 GP, which he won.

Pls Go

Rudyo
06-20-2011, 09:29 PM
BRB fighting a guy who isn't even ranked, to fighting a top 5 HW in one of the most stylistically awkward fights ever.

And Overeem hasn't avoided fighting anybody. Please find me proof of Overeem avoiding anyone. Nobody wants to fight Overeem, not the other way around. Overeem takes what is offered. Fedor ducked him, Werdum was injured, Bigfoot ended up fighting Fedor, and the only option was the K-1 GP, which he won.

Pls Go

I don't think it's Overeem actively ducking people, but by fighting in Japan and going to K-1 has led to long stretches between bouts followed by sub par opponents. He's making money and being successful but he's opened himself up for criticism.

By the way, who the **** you think you talking to telling me to go, learn your place homie. You gotta be in the door before you talking to the guys on the top floor.

Jack3d
06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't think it's Overeem actively ducking people, but by fighting in Japan and going to K-1 has led to long stretches between bouts followed by sub par opponents. He's making money and being successful but he's opened himself up for criticism.

He fought in Japan because there was nobody to fight in SF. That's not his problem and when he requested a fight with Fedor they ducked him.

By the way, who the **** you think you talking to telling me to go, learn your place homie. You gotta be in the door before you talking to the guys on the top floor.

taking pride in his internet Rep. lol I better watch out :rolleyes:

Rudyo
06-21-2011, 12:45 AM
He fought in Japan because there was nobody to fight in SF. That's not his problem and when he requested a fight with Fedor they ducked him.

Not true, SF was trying for like a year and a half to get Overeem to make the first defense of his title, he chose to fight in K-1 and the NY show for Dream and a few other fights in Japan. Fedor wasn't fighting anyone at that point, there was that stupid contract bs or whatever and Fedor sat on the shelf. Overeem could have taken a fight, and probably would have ended up with the Fedor fight but he voluntarily sat out too.

There were a lot of opponents available in SF, any of whom are better then guys like Fujita, Gary Goodridge and James Thompsons' of the world that he was facing at the time.

Whats your age? I'm betting your ass is my age or younger... Unless you're some creepy 50 year old man lurking on the BS forums.

chiguy91
06-21-2011, 12:53 AM
tough fight, i can see overeem just being too fast for bigfoot to get a hold of, possibly tiring himself out. i can also see bigfoot manhandling him and stopping him like he did fedor. i'll give the slight edge to bigfoot cause i think that man can just crush anything in his way, and overeem did get tagged by werdum, but then again, bigfoot is slower. tough tough fight like i said, deff 50/50

Jack3d
06-21-2011, 01:10 AM
There were a lot of opponents available in SF, any of whom are better then guys like Fujita, Gary Goodridge and James Thompsons' of the world that he was facing at the time.

Like who? Brett Rogers? Mike Kyle? Abongo Humphrey?

Yeah right so much better.

Rudyo
06-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Like who? Brett Rogers? Mike Kyle? Abongo Humphrey?

Yeah right so much better.

Let's see

Arlovski (still better then any of those guys)
Werdum
Silva
Rodgers (fought him anyways)

Hell even guys like Jeff Monson, Lavar Johnson or Ricco Rodriguez would have been better then Goodridge, Fujita and Thompson. I notice you ducked my other question too, afraid of revealing it partner?

Jack3d
06-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Let's see

Arlovski (still better then any of those guys)
Werdum
Silva
Rodgers (fought him anyways)

Hell even guys like Jeff Monson, Lavar Johnson or Ricco Rodriguez would have been better then Goodridge, Fujita and Thompson. I notice you ducked my other question too, afraid of revealing it partner?

Overeem won the title from Buentello in 2007

Arlovski didn't get into SF until after Affliction went under and his first fight was in 2009.

Bigfoot fought in Sengoku after he tested positive for steroids and didn't fight in SF until 2009

Jeff Monson just had his first Strikeforce fight.

Ricco has never fought in Strikeforce

Lavar Johnson didn't fight in Strikeforce until 2009.

Werdum didn't fight in Strikeforce until 2009.

So you see when Overeem won the title, there were no top fighters or better fighters in Strikeforce.

Overeem chose to compete in the K-1 GP. I think that holds more merit and prestige than if he were to defend his title against some hapless bum. The fact that Overeem won the title from Paul Buentello should have told you something about the state of SF HW division. There were no legitimate challengers.

If you don't like the gap between defending the title, don't blame Overeem because it's not his problem. Blame lack of competition and non-exclusive contracts.

I'm slightly older than you. I just find it lulz worthy that you take such pride in being a veteran of an internet forum, and that somehow excludes you from ridicule when you make absurd statements like you have in this thread.

.Mik.
06-21-2011, 04:37 AM

Grow up. Just stick to arguing his points, drop the homoerotic chest bumping.

Squirrel
06-21-2011, 02:07 PM
After both guys last fights i'd say this is 50:50. Bigfoot is massively under-rated (I really can't work out why); he has legit skills and is well rounded. He's also pretty fast for a guy weighing 285lbs in a cage and walking around over 300. He has good leg kicks too.

Bigfoot definitely has the ability and size to get a takedown on Overeem and he has enough skill to do something with it. I think Bigfoots size will make a big difference in this one;at some point 285lbs of someone leaning and grinding on you is gonna take its toll, especially if your cardio ain't too hot anyway.

Overeem has a great chance to win it too, but Bigfoot is a very live opponent and I think more and more people are coming round to teh fact that he's a lot better than they thought.

As an aside though, when these two get in the ring there'll be 12 and a half feet, and over a quarter of a ton of fighters in there!

KingOne
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Overeem is going to KTFO Bigfoot.

Let us not forget that Bigfoot couldn't KO Arlovski, and has been knocked out by Eric Pele.... Eric mutha-phuckin Pele

pele just landed a lucky punch and silva wasn't out at all imo. watch the fight again, bigfoot was all over him.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wd8Cbco63XE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rudyo
06-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Overeem won the title from Buentello in 2007

Arlovski didn't get into SF until after Affliction went under and his first fight was in 2009.

Bigfoot fought in Sengoku after he tested positive for steroids and didn't fight in SF until 2009

Jeff Monson just had his first Strikeforce fight.

Ricco has never fought in Strikeforce

Lavar Johnson didn't fight in Strikeforce until 2009.

Werdum didn't fight in Strikeforce until 2009.

So you see when Overeem won the title, there were no top fighters or better fighters in Strikeforce.

I was talking about the period where he fought Fujita, Goodridge and Thompson which was in 2009. So I don't see what point you're trying to make? Ricco fought for EliteXC by the way and was a free agent so that fight could have happened, same for Monson.

I'm not even hating on Overeem for not fighting in SF around 2007, you're right there that was no one in SF at the time. I do give Overeem credit too for winning K1, cause he went through some top guys but I don't think you can argue that the MMA competition he was facing at the time make him open for some criticism.

Grow up. Just stick to arguing his points, drop the homoerotic chest bumping.

Lol who the **** are you? You his ALT or something? He can handle himself man, I don't think he needs you to rescue him. I said that **** half joking anyways, ask anyone in the lounge and they'll tell you I don't really care/brag about E-standing.

:crackhead