View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] Overeem vs Dos Santos?

photomane
06-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Who wins when Strikeforce disolves into the UFC?

$BloodyNate$
06-15-2011, 11:48 AM
This is actually a really hard fight to pick because leg kicks could be Dos Santos weakness but you never know if Overeem will stand with a great striker like Dos Santos because he's taken down much lesser strikers but ones with power he doesn't want to handle kinda like Sergie in the rematch after Sergie sparked him out in K-1. If anybody could beat Overeem though on the feet and KO him it's definitely Dos Santos who has nice hands.

Be some freakin fireworks but I really don't know who'd I pick. I'll wait until I see how Overeem does in the tournament and how Dos Santos fares against Cain.

Ether
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Reem eats any heavyweight in the ufc, Strikeforce is on another level in terms of Heavyweights.

Rocky...
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Really hard fight to predict, but if i had to pick somebody i would go for Alister Overeem

Dorian
06-15-2011, 06:38 PM
A fan of both guys, but I don't think a striker could beat Overeem in MMA right now, his striking and power is second to none. I think JDS would try to keep his distance like he did with Carwin and throw jabs and straights but that wouldn't work for the whole fight and he'd end up getting tagged or kneed in the clinch. I think if someone is to trouble Overeem, it's gotta be a wrestler with high work rate like Cain.

$BloodyNate$
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
A fan of both guys, but I don't think a striker could beat Overeem in MMA right now, his striking and power is second to none. I think JDS would try to keep his distance like he did with Carwin and throw jabs and straights but that wouldn't work for the whole fight and he'd end up getting tagged or kneed in the clinch. I think if someone is to trouble Overeem, it's gotta be a wrestler with high work rate like Cain.

If he's man enough to stand with Sergie in a 3rd fight if they meet in the tournament :weed5:

Dorian
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
He was man enough to stand with everyone in K1, I'm sure he will be fine with Sergei who also has a shaky chin.

kaps
06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
LOL @ Ubereems striking being second to none....

F l i c k e r
06-15-2011, 06:51 PM

agreed. :lol1:

Dorian
06-15-2011, 06:53 PM

LOL @ Nick Diaz's UFC record.

kaps
06-15-2011, 06:58 PM
LOL @ Nick Diaz's UFC record.

LOL @ Overeems....

$BloodyNate$
06-15-2011, 06:59 PM
He was man enough to stand with everyone in K1, I'm sure he will be fine with Sergei who also has a shaky chin.

You do know Fedor's brother is one of the heaviest handed fighters in MMA period right? That 2nd fight proved Overeem does not want to exchange blows with the Sergie :afro:

kaps
06-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Overeem wasn't even the best striker in the k-1 tournament, he used his size and strength to win. Technically speaking, everyone he fought was a better striker than he was. Don't think size and strength beat skill? Rewatch Hoost vs Sapp.....

.Mik.
06-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Overeem is the current K1 Heavyweight World Champion. There is no better striker in MMA right now than him.

Virgil Caine
06-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Overeem wasn't even the best striker in the k-1 tournament, he used his size and strength to win. Technically speaking, everyone he fought was a better striker than he was. Don't think size and strength beat skill? Rewatch Hoost vs Sapp.....
He had an easy road to the title really, there's no doubt. He beat Tyrone Spong, no question. Spong was game, but Overeem overwhelmed him. However, he then fought Gokhan Saki, who had a busted arm at the time. That fight was pretty much a walk-over. And he didn't have to expend any energy for the "win" to boot. Meanwhile, on the other side of the bracket, Peter Aerts went to hell and back in eliminating Overeem's biggest potential challenge in the tournament in Semmy Schilt. This meant that a fresh Overeem got to fight a 40 year old Aerts who had just fought and beat the true number one guy in the tournament.

I like Overeem, and it was a nice accomplishment regardless, but it's important to have an honest perspective in these things.

ƒallenloki
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Overeem will kill Dos Santos if/when they fight. There is no HW who can stop him at this time.