View Full Version : Macho/Crazy fighters

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm thinking like Duran, Tapia and Mayorga, anybody know any guys showing machismo like this??

The Smash
06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Evander Holyfield spent the mid 80s in violent cruserweight title fights, but he decided that wasn't enough and began chasing Mike Tyson. He went up to the Heavyweight division and fought two,toe-to-toe for the most part of the most ferocious punchers of all time in Tyson and Foreman, Lewis and three wars with Riddick Bowe.

It doesn't get crazier/braver than Real Deal.

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah man I hear you. But I mean more antics. Like Mayorga going crazy in press conferences and letting Forrest smash him in the face.

Steak
06-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Jorge Paez was one crazy ******* in the ring. a pretty damn good fighter too, his style was difficult to figure out. used to be in a circus.

Max Baer was also known as quite a clown in the ring, but at the same time when he was focused he was a very heavy hitter

Also Hamed and his annoying style and in ring attitude, but with lots of power.

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I will check Paez out mate. Duran was crazy in the build up to Leonard 1.

IronDanHamza
06-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Good shout on Johnny Tapia.

One active fighter who I genuinely believe has actual mental problems is Derek Chisora.

The Smash
06-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Jorge Paez was one crazy ******* in the ring. a pretty damn good fighter too, his style was difficult to figure out. used to be in a circus.

Max Baer was also known as quite a clown in the ring, but at the same time when he was focused he was a very heavy hitter

Also Hamed and his annoying style and in ring attitude, but with lots of power.

You didn't dig the prince?

From the entrances, to the taunting and the devastating knockout, I thought he was terrific showman. Can never have enough of that, in my opinion.

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 05:00 PM
I've grown up watching Naz and i'm from outskirts of Sheffield and everybody in Sheffield knows him and his brothers are wankers haha.

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Good shout on Johnny Tapia.

One active fighter who I genuinely believe has actual mental problems is Derek Chisora.
Agreed. I remember watching when he bit that guys shoulder.

The Surgeon
06-14-2011, 05:06 PM
First name that just Springs out at u is Ricardo Mayorga!

Vinny Paz was a bit crazy in there

Like Dan says Del Boy Chisora is an out and out nutter

Riddick Bowe?

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 05:11 PM

Riddick Bowe?
I was thinking Bowe lol. The fight with Tillery is it? Where he knocks him over the ropes.

The Surgeon
06-14-2011, 05:27 PM
I was thinking Bowe lol. The fight with Tillery is it? Where he knocks him over the ropes. Yeah thats the one! lol
Also the Larry Donald smackdown and the Gonzalez press confrence among other things

gamefrk
06-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Michael Katsidis: WHATU LOOKIN AT? HUH WHATU LOOKIN AT? HAHA (evil laughter :P) ... against Robert Guerrero just before the 1st round began

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k2LWDMRXAzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip to 00:10

Terry A
06-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Oscar Bonavena, when preparing to fight Joe Frazier for the first time, would sniff the air with his nose up in the air like he smelled something stinky anytime Frazier & him got near each other. He would also say "Where's that pu$$y Frazier?"

That makes him macho.

Oscar was screwing Joe Conforte's wife at Joe's whore house, "The Mustang Ranch". Joe found out about his wife Sally being with Oscar & warned Oscar to get out of town. Oscar didn't & instead went BACK to the whore-house to confront Conforte. Conforte's "bodyguard", Willard Brymer, ended up shooting Oscar in the chest with a 30.06 rifle, killing him.

That made him crazy.

Oscar was one of my favorite fighters. Like many of us who can rattle off fight & fighter facts from memory, I remember the details about his life, career & death to this day. He was a very tough individual.

The Surgeon
06-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Michael Katsidis: WHATU LOOKIN AT? HUH WHATU LOOKIN AT? HAHA (evil laughter :P) ... against Robert Guerrero just before the 1st round began Skip to 00:10 That was out of character for Micheal tho, has he said why he did that yet? He did seem a tad different in the build up to me

IronDanHamza
06-14-2011, 05:46 PM
That was out of character for Micheal tho, has he said why he did that yet? He did seem a tad different in the build up to me

I was quite bamboozled by that.

Kind of put me off to be honest.

Barn
06-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Muhammad Ali deserves a mention.

IronDanHamza
06-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Riddick Bowe?

From his crazy pre fight kiss with that guy I can't remember the name of the guy he was fighitng.

To the press conferences with Wlad Klitschko.

To the fact he wears that hat saying 'I am the greatest'.

To allegedly beating his wife.

To simply the things he says in general conversation.

If it came out he had serious mental problems I wouldn't be suprised at all. :lol1:

IronDanHamza
06-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Monzon ended up doing some pretty crazy things.

The Surgeon
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
From his crazy pre fight kiss with that guy I can't remember the name of the guy he was fighitng. To the press conferences with Wlad Klitschko. To the fact he wears that hat saying 'I am the greatest'. To allegedly beating his wife. To simply the things he says in general conversation. If it came out he had serious mental problems I wouldn't be suprised at all. :lol1: Karl Baker? I think, huge fat guy with corn rolls anyway!

Add the Scrap with Fury the other wk!

IronDanHamza
06-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Karl Baker? I think, huge fat guy with corn rolls anyway!

Add the Scrap with Fury the other wk!

I can't remember the guys name but when he kissed him at the face to face I was in shock.

I heard about that, I heard Fury got the better of him.

I am tyler
06-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I can't remember the guys name but when he kissed him at the face to face I was in shock.

I heard about that, I heard Fury got the better of him.
Apparently nothing happened though. Probably just to hype the fight.

studentofthegam
06-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Pryor was a nut before and during the fight. Pointing the glove at Arguello was pretty funny but creepy at the same time.

The Surgeon
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I dont think u get crazier than Lew Jenkings.....

The Surgeon
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I can't remember the guys name but when he kissed him at the face to face I was in shock. I heard about that, I heard Fury got the better of him.

Mr Pedigree who is a travler himself said that but Bugger all happened it seems now. U know typeone? He has video uploaded from his phone of the tail end and iots just really Fury with his top off being the big man

nomadman
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Whenever I saw Edwin Valero I knew that here was a bonafide psychotic individual. From KOing every single opponent he faced, to savagely beating his wife and family, to the final tragic end, the man just exuded menace and craziness at every turn. Not exactly what I'd call macho in the manly sense of the term, just an extremely dangerous looking guy that I wouldn't under any circumstances have wanted to mess with.

Maidana is another individual who gives off that menacing air, though I think he still has the majority of his screws still in place.

nomadman
06-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Oscar Bonavena, when preparing to fight Joe Frazier for the first time, would sniff the air with his nose up in the air like he smelled something stinky anytime Frazier & him got near each other. He would also say "Where's that pu$$y Frazier?"

That makes him macho.

Oscar was screwing Joe Conforte's wife at Joe's whore house, "The Mustang Ranch". Joe found out about his wife Sally being with Oscar & warned Oscar to get out of town. Oscar didn't & instead went BACK to the whore-house to confront Conforte. Conforte's "bodyguard", Willard Brymer, ended up shooting Oscar in the chest with a 30.06 rifle, killing him.

That made him crazy.

Oscar was one of my favorite fighters. Like many of us who can rattle off fight & fighter facts from memory, I remember the details about his life, career & death to this day. He was a very tough individual.

Great post.

Ball for ball, I think the Argentinians must be some of the most macho blokes in the world. They make even the Mexicans look tame at times.

Bonavena, Monzon, Jorge Castro, just an unbelievable amount of testosterone in those three names alone.

nomadman
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
No one's mentioned Golota yet? Ear bites, headbutts, multiple combination ball punching, more headbutts, getting drunk off his head before fights, threatened with getting shot for beating up guys in bars, physically assaulting his trainer and leaving the ring in the middle of a fight because he couldn't be arsed to continue, and so on. Thought this guy would be a prime candidate.

GOAT86
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Sweet Pee. Was a beast in tha ring.

FirePunch
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Jorge arce , prime erik morales did alot of in ring taunting , chris arreola , alfredo angulo, pacman and sergio martinez . Maybe antonio margarito trinidad

Pastrano
06-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Vinny Paz! The man was and still is a pure beast, all balls, guts and aggression. His rival Greg Haugen wasn't a tame guy either.