View Full Version : Lower back problem

InThisCorner
10-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Sup guys,
I have a lower back problem...I think it may be caused from slouching a little too much forward when running or possibly maybe even bad sleeping area (just throwing ideas out there). Anyways, I just always have to lean back (not like fat joe) to balance my back out, it's hard to explain, it feels as if my back is always arched to much. Anyone know why?

pug1986
10-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Sup guys,
I have a lower back problem...I think it may be caused from slouching a little too much forward when running or possibly maybe even bad sleeping area (just throwing ideas out there). Anyways, I just always have to lean back (not like fat joe) to balance my back out, it's hard to explain, it feels as if my back is always arched to much. Anyone know why?
ok arched is when you lean back, rounded is bending forward, thats what your talking about right? I guess it could just be tight psoas muscles, they pull your lower back forward I believe. I think it happens when you work your abs alot. I would try some lower back stretches and maybe some lower back exercises ie. deadlifts. a good one is the cobra as shown:

http://www.bodyresults.com/_iexer/Cobra.jpg

the_painless
10-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I had a similar problem but I don't know if it's identical to yours. I occassionally get lower back pain and i had x-rays taken- it revealed i had slight curvuture of the spine. It is common and when i sit down i always look like i am crouched over. Should try to practice good posture though can get hard if you are used to poor posture.
I have been told by a doctor and someone else in the fitness thing that i should use a chin up bar. The idea though is to hold the bar with your palms facing outwards or away from your body and keep your hands just past shoulder width apart. Now you just hang of the bar for a few minutes- the idea is that it helps properly align your spine. You might even feel a few clicks when you first grip the bar.
The photo that pug put up is another exercise that is good. If things don't improve it maybe time to see the chiropractor and get a massage.

Anyhow best of luck