View Full Version : Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos - The Dream Match

Las Vegas,
06-12-2011, 12:46 AM
We got two MONSTERS, the two best heavyweights going up against eachother. It's this decade's Fedor vs. Crocop. It's gonna be an incredible fight. In most cases I can predict a winner, in this one I really can't. Both have great striking and Junior has shown that he has awesome Takedown defense.

It's gonna be a great fight IMHO, and I can't pick a winner. This is one of those fights that make you happy to be an MMA fan.

Who you guys got in the match up?

Chadmack
06-12-2011, 12:56 AM
i go with the bigger great man defeats the big great man, but yeah, this will be close and could go either way. both are tremendous strikers! cant wait for this one

-DSG-
06-12-2011, 01:00 AM
;10681695']We got two MONSTERS, the two best heavyweights going up against eachother. It's this decade's Fedor vs. Crocop. It's gonna be an incredible fight. In most cases I can predict a winner, in this one I really can't. Both have great striking and Junior has shown that he has awesome Takedown defense.

It's gonna be a great fight IMHO, and I can't pick a winner. This is one of those fights that make you happy to be an MMA fan.

fight will be sick for sure thank god i got home in time to catch JDS pummel carwin... how was the rest of the card?

Perfect Plex
06-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Santos via KO.

Las Vegas,
06-12-2011, 01:10 AM
fight will be sick for sure thank god i got home in time to catch JDS pummel carwin... how was the rest of the card?

The rest of the card was fairly decent.

Stout vs. Edwards
Einemo vs. Herman
Beltran vs. Rosa

were the best fights on the card. They were slug fests, especially the last two.

ƒallenloki
06-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Cain easy. Yes, I'm serious.

photomane
06-12-2011, 01:39 AM
;10681695']We got two MONSTERS, the two best heavyweights going up against eachother. It's this decade's Fedor vs. Crocop. It's gonna be an incredible fight. In most cases I can predict a winner, in this one I really can't. Both have great striking and Junior has shown that he has awesome Takedown defense.

Cain is gonna make Dos Santos look silly! He will take him down at will. Hes too fast and is cardio is the best in MMA. Cain by TKO stoppage!

Jack3d
06-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Cain easy. Yes, I'm serious.

Yup Yup Yup...

$BloodyNate$
06-12-2011, 02:09 AM
How quickly everybody tends to forget how easy Kongo dropped Cain like 10 times. Dos Santos got much better takedown defense too. I think Cain could be beating him up pretty bad but I think eventually Dos Santos gonna catch em something serious when he gets desparate.

Hendrix
06-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Santos via KO.

?????? Don Santos can't crack an egg.

Las Vegas,
06-12-2011, 02:47 AM
How quickly everybody tends to forget how easy Kongo dropped Cain like 10 times. Dos Santos got much better takedown defense too. I think Cain could be beating him up pretty bad but I think eventually Dos Santos gonna catch em something serious when he gets desparate.

That was 2 years ago, the fact that he didn't go and still got the takedown impresses me, and not only that but give credit to Kongo. Kongo isn't a bum on his feet. The guy is still a better striker than most of the HW division today. Including Carwin. The guy was a 2 time Muay Thai world champion.

kaps
06-12-2011, 03:54 AM
I said it a months ago. JDS is the next HW champ...

Marchegiano
06-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah, ima go JDS too.

Kongo is ****. He got outboxed by Frank Mir.

Las Vegas,
06-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah, ima go JDS too.

Hmmm, he didn't get outboxed. Frank Mir just hit him with a gigantic punch and Kongo got knocked down lol then Mir Submitted him.

Ether
06-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Lol, Easy Win for Cain. A bill on it.

$BloodyNate$
06-12-2011, 01:52 PM
;10681943']That was 2 years ago, the fact that he didn't go and still got the takedown impresses me, and not only that but give credit to Kongo. Kongo isn't a bum on his feet. The guy is still a better striker than most of the HW division today. Including Carwin. The guy was a 2 time Muay Thai world champion.

What has Cain done since 2 years ago to prove he can take a better punch? iffy stoppage against Rothwell, KO'd old Nog, and mauled Lesnar.

Dos Santos got better takedown defense then all of them, better striking, and better chin. So I'm sticking with my preidition. Much better takedown defense then Kongo so he can land more of them bombs. Dos Santos will catch him something nasty some in this fight.

And I don't think it's much of a dream fight if Cain's just going to have him pinned up against the wall for the majority of the fight.

Jack3d
06-12-2011, 02:13 PM
How quickly everybody tends to forget how easy Kongo dropped Cain like 10 times.

I forgot fighters can't evolve. How silly of me. Not to mention that fight was fuking 2 years ago and Cain has better wrestling than all of JDS' opponents combined.

Cain will drag Junior to the ground and beat him senseless.

Jack3d
06-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, ima go JDS too.

How does someone get "outboxed" with one punch? LOL strong idiot.

JDS couldn't finish an slow, unathletic, and immobile guy like Carwin. He's going to have problems with Cain. Cain has better cardio, better footwork and movement, better striking (than Carwin), better wrestling and a better work ethic.

Cain wins by TKO

$BloodyNate$
06-12-2011, 03:06 PM
I forgot fighters can't evolve. How silly of me. Not to mention that fight was fuking 2 years ago and Cain has better wrestling than all of JDS' opponents combined.

Cain will drag Junior to the ground and beat him senseless.

Look at this little bully trying to attack everybody elses opinions LMAO :rofl:

Typical meathead.

Nobody said fighters can't evolve, but it's not like Cain has been doing stuff nobody's ever seen before either. He's evolved alil but motha****as act like he's some GSP or Anderson. Motha****as just like Jon Jones. Has looked impressive but hasn't even defended his title yet, don't be so quick too deepthroat him.

Jack3d
06-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Look at this little bully trying to attack everybody elses opinions LMAO :rofl:

Typical meathead.

It's a discussion forum you race mixing moron. That's what it's for...debate and discussion and argument.

but it's not like Cain has been doing stuff nobody's ever seen before either.

Neither has Dos Santos.

Does a fighter have to do a backflip off the cage and land some sort of thrust kick to be legit?

Cain is the most well rounded fighter at HW today.

Marchegiano
06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
;10682558']Hmmm, he didn't get outboxed. Frank Mir just hit him with a gigantic punch and Kongo got knocked down lol then Mir Submitted him.

read, or watch a pre-fight interview with Frank. He tell you exactly why that punch worked so well and what the wrist twisting is all about. I agree there wasn't much boxing to it, but the reason the fight went the way it did has a lot to do with Mir's boxing being superior to Kongo's savate.

Marchegiano
06-12-2011, 08:09 PM
It's a discussion forum you race mixing moron. That's what it's for...debate and discussion and argument.

Neither has Dos Santos.

Does a fighter have to do a backflip off the cage and land some sort of thrust kick to be legit?

Cain is the most well rounded fighter at HW today.

You've made this assessment off of less than 30mins of fight footage...

photomane
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Santos via KO.

Another Reason Why Cain Is That Much Better!
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xo5iSjUvaX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KingOne
06-13-2011, 02:24 AM
slow, unathletic, and immobile guy like Carwin.

this might be true, but he's got a ****ing iron chin and it's not that easy to KTFO a guy like carwin.

i'm going with JDS.

chiguy91
06-13-2011, 02:40 AM
damn, i like both fighters, can't really choose a better fight to be made, let alone watch. with that said, i seriously can't pick a definitive winner, i can see it going both ways. but since cain just got that belt, i'd like to see him keep it for a bit longer...can't wait for this.

DUCK FACE
06-13-2011, 08:55 AM
It's a shame brock had his illness again he would have taken out JDS and had a chance at redemption.

Control-
06-13-2011, 11:47 AM
JDS got this.

Jack3d
06-13-2011, 12:44 PM
this might be true, but he's got a ****ing iron chin and it's not that easy to KTFO a guy like carwin.

Agreed. But again Cain's movement, footwork and athleticism is going to make it very hard for Junior to land very much. If he can't knock out a guy plodding and standing right in front of him, how is he going to do it to a guy who is going never going to be standing still

And if JDS thinks he's going to be able to bully and stalk Cain and walk him down like he has everyone else, he's sorely mistaken.

Squirrel
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Good striker vs good striker.

Great wrestler vs great TDD and BJJ.

Good cardio vs GREAT cardio.

Smart fighter with a mean streak vs mean fighter with ring smarts.

Great matchup with two very, very well rounded guys.

Big question here is how much will the layoff affect Cain, both in terms of ring rust and how it will affect him physically (will he be capable of the same)?

I think Cain is naturally more talented and a more skilled guy overall (not that JDS isn't just that Cain is scarily good) but he's coming off a big layoff. JDS is on a physical and mental high and his career has a lot of momentum right now.

I love both guys so this is gonna be bittersweet eitherway!

phallus
06-13-2011, 10:54 PM
cain will be coming in off an injury with lots of ring rust, i don't think his cardio will be as good as before. even if he'd never got hurt, i think JDS beats him, and junior would have handed lesnar his ass if that fight had happened

Naps
06-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Close fight, could go either way but if I had to say I'd go for JDS on the cards.

$BloodyNate$
11-13-2011, 12:17 AM

Wheresthe people who were talking *****?

dough401
11-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Oh yeah my man!!!!

dough401
11-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Close fight, could go either way but if I had to say I'd go for JDS on the cards.

How could u post this? Ah well its cool its a double win for me won agianst u n my cousin lol perfect

Marchegiano
11-13-2011, 11:06 AM
How does someone get "outboxed" with one punch? LOL strong idiot.

JDS couldn't finish an slow, unathletic, and immobile guy like Carwin. He's going to have problems with Cain. Cain has better cardio, better footwork and movement, better striking (than Carwin), better wrestling and a better work ethic.

Cain wins by TKO

Like that you tool. ****ing *******s. Y'all just want to run your god damn stupid ****ing mouths. How many god damn ****ing posts have I dropped mentioning LPRR? How many times have I told you group of over opinionated jerks I know the history of fighting from the Spartans to today? Y'all don't. You ****ing know you don't. Boxing IS NOT LIMITED TO THE QUEENSBERRY RULES YOU ****ING MORON. Kongo was distracted by a silly looking feint and KO'd. That's how he got out boxed. Cain got screwed by timing, gaping, and stance. Now if you knew some god damn history you'd know that one punch ko's ARE being out boxed. that IS the original point. That IS the reason we have greco-roman driven strikes period. Thats exactly what they called being "knocked out" It used to be out boxed. They used to mean the same ****ing thing. For ****s sake learn to be humble and you might learn something ****ing interesting. Or at the very least stop yourself from looking stupid. I know most y'all are ignorant, and are just going to write me off as excited, weird, and over emotional, but when someone else of real knowledge comes about. It isn't me who looks ****ing clueless. Learn your ****ing history *****es. Or at least be a bit more respectful to those who do. You just might be the idiot.