View Full Version : Mike Tyson's pick for Klitschko-Haye

Scott9945
06-10-2011, 04:30 PM
From espn.com/boxing:

"That's a joke man. Haye shouldn't last more than two rounds. I like David Haye, but I think [Wladimir Klitschko] is too superior and too strong. I respect Haye as a human being, but he hasn't earned this fight. Let him go fight and beat all those guys Klitschko did to earn the shot. Klitschko should wipe him out. Klitschko's a great champion and I think Klitschko's gonna beat him. I just don't think Haye can keep him off him. I could be wrong, but Wladimir should beat him." -- Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, on his expectations for the July 2 (HBO) heavyweight championship fight between Klitschko and Haye

RubenSonny
06-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I agree with Mike, should be an easy win for Wlad.

DarkTerror88
06-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I agree. As much as any american who wants another american too hold the title (or anyone who want to give the title to a smaller heavy) Haye has not fought anyone who will be able to lay him out like Wlad will. Wlad can also box very well. Wlad is the best HW around right now.

paulsinghnl
06-10-2011, 05:52 PM
the fun thing about the fight is what else Wlad has in his arsenal after Haye hits him well.. gonna be good, jumping around, more than just straight punches, let's see how it goes.

House of Stone
06-10-2011, 07:14 PM
imo haye is a tougher fight for wlad than any he's had since Peter

Barnburner
06-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree. As much as any american who wants another american too hold the title (or anyone who want to give the title to a smaller heavy) Haye has not fought anyone who will be able to lay him out like Wlad will. Wlad can also box very well. Wlad is the best HW around right now.
I'm British and want that stupid **** end to get jabbed to ****.

The_Demon
06-11-2011, 01:40 AM
I think Haye is dangerous early,but anything past 4 rounds and i cant see him winning too be honest,Wlad is very good at what he does against a guy like Haye and despite all his strengths Haye wont be able too press Klitschko in a way that might make him tire,i still think its an interesting fight early on however

Terry A
06-11-2011, 02:20 AM
I have nothing against David Haye OTHER THEN THIS........

Back in 2008, there was a thread here that talked about these words that are in quotation marks that David Haye allegedly said- "I've had sex with over 500 women... and 20 men" - David Haye.

I never forgot that because other then Emile Griffith, I never heard any great fighter that was....I want to say "Fruitie-tootie" but I won't. I remember reading that & then I put a post-it note in my head never to root for a guy like that.

If he never said that, then whoever said he said that should be shot.

In the mean time, I'm gonna be real sad if he beats Vladimir. Which I don't think he's going to.

NChristo
06-11-2011, 02:44 AM

Back in 2008, there was a thread here that talked about these words that are in quotation marks that David Haye allegedly said- "I've had sex with over 500 women... and 20 men" - David Haye.

I never forgot that because other then Emile Griffith, I never heard any great fighter that was....I want to say "Fruitie-tootie" but I won't. I remember reading that & then I put a post-it note in my head never to root for a guy like that.

In the mean time, I'm gonna be real sad if he beats Vladimir. Which I don't think he's going to.

It was a joke and reference to how many men he'd knocked out at that point.

Panama Al Brown was gay as well.

Terry A
06-11-2011, 02:55 AM
So what you're telling us is that you're a homophobe?

Poet is not going to like this.

Oh come on Juggs, what do you think? Of course that's what I'm saying.

As for Poet, I consider him one of the elite members here. I'm on his bandwagon, at least for now! :D He knows his boxing & he knows right from wrong.

And I strongly suspect you're just kidding around anyway......

Leave Poet out of this. :D This is between you & me.

Terry A
06-11-2011, 02:59 AM
It was a joke and reference to how many men he'd knocked out at that point.

Panama Al Brown was gay as well.

Thanks for the info NC. I don't get what the reference has to do with the context in how he was quoted, but I'm not a rocket scientist.

Didn't know that about Panama.

-JUGGERNAUT-
06-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Oh come on Juggs, what do you think? Of course that's what I'm saying.

As for Poet, I consider him one of the elite members here. I'm on his bandwagon, at least for now! :D He knows his boxing & he knows right from wrong.

And I strongly suspect you're just kidding around anyway......

Leave Poet out of this. :D This is between you & me.
I admire your honesty.

Terry A
06-11-2011, 03:11 AM
I admire your honesty.

Thank you sir.

And I like your humor.

The Surgeon
06-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Tyson may well be right, Wlads certainly the favourite tho this is no formality. Not when the guy in the other corner can crack like Haye and do it with his type of speed. He's also confident and agile along with other things. God i hope Haye wins, Wlad i really like as a man and he is a great abasador for boxing but My God He's BORING in the ring! So much to like about Klitchko the man and when a fight starts i usually start off rootin for the big man but as the fight unfolds into a predictable pattern of jabbing and grabbing i normally start screaming for the other guy!

Anyway the point i wanted to make was Mike, love him as i do, dosnt really know what he's talking about regarding Haye as he's seen next to nothing from him as noted when he did a quick breakdown of the Haye vs Harrison fight plus he is friends with the Klitchko boys

Uturn
06-11-2011, 07:22 AM
The fight will go on to the middle rounds at least, as both men will be cagey in the opening 2 rounds. On the night Klitschko should have to much for Haye. Haye has never been in with an opponent like Klitschko, he's fought cans at HW, and fighting Klitschko is a massive step up for him.

I admire the confidence Haye brings but I think he might be found out as a blown up CW. Klitschko hits like a truck, and I can't see Haye withstanding to many shots.

House of Stone
06-11-2011, 07:25 AM
he was refering to the 20 dudes he'd 'raped' in the ring at that point of his career

Marchegiano
06-11-2011, 07:50 AM

So Emile is definitely gay? I always just thought Kid was ****ing with him. I've grown to dislike both champs....may the best win....

Terry A
06-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Tyson may well be right, Wlads certainly the favourite tho this is no formality. Not when the guy in the other corner can crack like Haye and do it with his type of speed. He's also confident and agile along with other things. God i hope Haye wins, Wlad i really like as a man and he is a great abasador for boxing but My God He's BORING in the ring! So much to like about Klitchko the man and when a fight starts i usually start off rootin for the big man but as the fight unfolds into a predictable pattern of jabbing and grabbing i normally start screaming for the other guy!

Anyway the point i wanted to make was Mike, love him as i do, dosnt really know what he's talking about regarding Haye as he's seen next to nothing from him as noted when he did a quick breakdown of the Haye vs Harrison fight plus he is friends with the Klitchko boys

Thanks Surgeon for getting this thread back on track. Personally, I like it that us fellas here in the History section keep things professional. At least most of the time. I like kidding around as much as anybody & a good spirited debate is always fun. But I really don't care for some of the goofing around posts that frequently litter these threads. That's for the kiddies to do. Anyway, good job in getting the thread righted!

Terry A
06-11-2011, 11:09 AM
he was refering to the 20 dudes he'd 'raped' in the ring at that point of his career

Hands of Stone, I'm all out of Good Karma till after midnight tonight. But I wrote myself a note to green you later.

Your explainantion now makes perfect sense in the context it was given.
And if he indeed did say that in that context, it was pretty funny.

Still, I'm rootin' big time for Vlad.

Terry A
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
So Emile is definitely gay? I always just thought Kid was ****ing with him. I've grown to dislike both champs....may the best win....

Marchegiano,
There was a well done documentary about Emile & Benny "The Kid" a few years back where he admitted it. The film was actually a very good one. Emile portrayed himself as a very kind human being. He came off as somebody who has a heart.

I can't understand why he doesn't think women are beautiful but other then that, I like him and respect him as a fighter.

IronDanHamza
06-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I think Mike is off by about 5-6 rounds.

The Surgeon
06-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Surgeon for getting this thread back on track. Personally, I like it that us fellas here in the History section keep things professional. At least most of the time. I like kidding around as much as anybody & a good spirited debate is always fun. But I really don't care for some of the goofing around posts that frequently litter these threads. That's for the kiddies to do. Anyway, good job in getting the thread righted!

Thanks Terry, im just so fed up of the NSB fanboys that The History section has become my haven! I learn here rather than get bombarded with PBF/Pac drivel and childsh insults. But thanks to ur good self bringing that up about Haye's sexuality ive now learned Panama Al Brown was Gay, everydays a school day in this section!

Scott9945
06-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I think Mike is off by about 5-6 rounds.

I agree. Wladimir is a very deliberate fighter, and he'll be cautious of Haye's power early. Plus he probably wants to punish him for awhile. Of course if Haye proves to have no chin, he could go out the first time he gets hit solidly.

IronDanHamza
06-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree. Wladimir is a very deliberate fighter, and he'll be cautious of Haye's power early. Plus he probably wants to punish him for awhile. Of course if Haye proves to have no chin, he could go out the first time he gets hit solidly.

Do you think Haye will try and force the fight though? I honestly don't.

If I were him I would take advatange of the fact Wlad doesn't tend to open up early but then again he will throw the right hand early and can hurt you early I.e Eddie Chambers. But taking that risk is his bestr chance but I don't think he will. I think he will waste the first few rounds like he did in the Harrison fight.

But, I think Haye thinks he can box him with from a distance throwing 1 punch at a time (something he tends to do quite often even against the likes of Harrison and Ruiz) and if he does he is gravely mistaken.

New England
06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
i wouldn't want to be Haye's face in this one

he's probably gonna leave the ring looking very different.

i think wlad will take his time like he always does
work the jab and almost nothing else for 4 rounds

haye's not going to throw much back anyway, and i think steward will have wlad well ready to deal with the one or two shots at a time that are coming at him

when haye gets close wlad's going to drape himself over haye's shoulders and make him carry his weight while he walks him to the ropes
haye's gonna wear him like a scarf. they are different animals in terms of strength in clinches. haye's barely a HW and wladimir is one of the biggest champions ever.

i think at about round 5 klitschko will start to land the right hand and cut the ring off a bit more to get him in range
and then i think it will be a matter of a few rounds if that before haye goes down and doesn't get back up.

haye's power will make it interesting for the first few rounds before he figures out what he's up against and begins to break down

klitschko kayo in less than 8

Scott9945
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Do you think Haye will try and force the fight though? I honestly don't.

If I were him I would take advatange of the fact Wlad doesn't tend to open up early but then again he will throw the right hand early and can hurt you early I.e Eddie Chambers. But taking that risk is his bestr chance but I don't think he will. I think he will waste the first few rounds like he did in the Harrison fight.

But, I think Haye thinks he can box him with from a distance throwing 1 punch at a time (something he tends to do quite often even against the likes of Harrison and Ruiz) and if he does he is gravely mistaken.

Yeah, I mostly agree. Haye is going to try to be elusive annd catch Wladimir with one big shot. He seems to have a lot of confidence in his power.

IMO, I think the best way to fight Wladimir is to force him to exchange. WK is uncomfortable doing that. He likes to dictate the action. Believe it or not, I'd give Adamek a better chance to beat Wladimir because he likes mixing it up. And conversely I would give Haye a better chance against Vitali because he has the speed and athleticism to make Vitali feel his age.