a sloppy striker

kaps
06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
a sloppy striker

http://www.treygarrison.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/captain_obvious.jpg

Sloppy or not, he had huge power.....

$BloodyNate$
06-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I gotta agree, he reigned over a bunch of wrestlers & grapplers.

All the heavy hitters were over Japan. Once they came over Chuck was done. Too bad Overeem had *****y cardio or he Chuck would have gotten brutally KTFO.

blaze778
06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
For a sloppy striker, Chuck did pretty good for himself.

ƒallenloki
06-10-2011, 01:09 AM
He was spoonfed his entire career.

Clegg
06-10-2011, 03:24 AM
I think people make too much of him facing mostly grapplers. How many great strikers have Anderson and GSP beaten?

$BloodyNate$
06-10-2011, 04:10 AM
I think people make too much of him facing mostly grapplers. How many great strikers have Anderson and GSP beaten?

Anderson Silva: Out struck Vitor(who some people actually think beat Chuck), Prime Sakurai(Anderson was at 170 then), and Rich Franklin.

How many strikers GSP or Anderson faced is irrelevant as hell with why Chuck is overrated as hell. They call him a great striker for knocking out wrestlers and grapplers. The sport has improved so much you can't even compare Chuck to GSP or Silva. They are dominated a much more well rounded era where as Chuck made his legacy KOing grapplers and wrestlers. They aren't scrubs, but it shouldn't make him some great striker.

$BloodyNate$
06-10-2011, 04:13 AM
Liddell went over to Japan and knocked out two of the best pure strikers in the division.Overeem wasn't juiced to the max back then,but he was a smooth and dangerous striker.Liddell knocked him loopy with an overhand right.

Guy Metzger an elite striker? LMAO Please leave the MMA section now please. Did you see 99% of the Overeem fight? Overeem was beating the ***** outta him and gassed. Obviously he's much more comfortable at heavyweight since he put on muscle and the weight cut isn't killing his cardio.

It's not steroids either. You don't have to take steroids to look that good. It's called hard work, healthy diet, and the right training.

Marchegiano
06-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Some good points here and what not, but the OP cracked me up. Who in MMA isn't a sloppy striker? Wanna see nice form watch K-1.

I dunno It's very hard for me to assume Chuck wouldn't have a high KO record right now if he was young. How many LHW can take a Liddel over-hand? I mean prime vs prime h2h maybe Jones is too much....but I can see Chuck KO'ing Hamill and that whole area of contention..IMO p4p kind of sucks to argue about because really it depends on what attributes you assume to be most effective. There's basically a champion for every "style" and it kind of suggests anyone can do it if they find the way they should be doing it. Fighter A has more power and constitution than fighter B but fighter B is accurate and fast. Fighter A is big Fighter B is a little guy. p4p is one any better than the other? I dunno really B could be a hella tank if he was bigger and A could be a bumblebee buzzin' about the ring had he been made smaller. p4p is kind of a lie.....

MARKBNLV
06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
At a time in mma when no one had takedown defense it was impossible to take chuck down,he was i pioneer and deserves respect the ts should fck himself.

Big BRICKS
06-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Chuck Liddell was a beast in his prime especially for where the sport was at. If you don't agree you're a hater. and I'm a Wanderlei Silva fan..