View Full Version : Is Julian Jackson the top p4p puncher of all time?

kendom
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I hear from all over the forums and videos that Julian Jackson is the hardest p4p puncher of all time, do you agree? I dont know he was rated 25 on ring magazines all time list.

K-DOGG
06-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Numero Uno??

Honestly, hard to say. I'd have to include many fighters that never won a title or even possibly got a shot at a belt before I'd personally hand over that slot to "The Hawk".

He did hit damn hard though.

kendom
06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Numero Uno??

Honestly, hard to say. I'd have to include many fighters that never won a title or even possibly got a shot at a belt before I'd personally hand over that slot to "The Hawk".

He did hit damn hard though.

I saw him hit an opponent so hard the man went paralysed and hit the ground like a statue

RubenSonny
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I couldn't say definitively but hes up there with the best of 'em.

RubenSonny
06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I saw him hit an opponent so hard the man went paralysed and hit the ground like a statue

That would be Herol Graham, who was whooping Jackson before the stoppage.

kendom
06-08-2011, 04:11 PM

whoo that knockout was incredible but i was talking about someone else!! lol

BattlingNelson
06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
You could find at least ten other Jackson opponents who went out as the soon as his punch landed. The Graham ko was great though and the british commentator made it immortal lol.

As for the topic I think Jackson has to be up there with the best. At least he is IMO the p4p greatest puncher in the last 40 years.

Steak
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
in terms of explosive KO power, I would say yes.

however, in terms of simple raw, concussive power, I would say its Pipino Cuevas. He would break bones in a number of his title fights, and against quality fighters like Harold Weston and Angel Espada.

the guy didnt have much. he got all those quality wins pretty much exclusively because of his bone crushing power.

DarkTerror88
06-08-2011, 05:13 PM
in terms of explosive KO power, I would say yes.

however, in terms of simple raw, concussive power, I would say its Pipino Cuevas. He would break bones in a number of his title fights, and against quality fighters like Harold Weston and Angel Espada.

the guy didnt have much. he got all those quality wins pretty much exclusively because of his bone crushing power.

Steak you stole my thunder! My vote goes to Cuevas but The Hawk isnt far behind

RubenSonny
06-09-2011, 08:52 AM
You could find at least ten other Jackson opponents who went out as the soon as his punch landed. The Graham ko was great though and the british commentator made it immortal lol.

As for the topic I think Jackson has to be up there with the best. At least he is IMO the p4p greatest puncher in the last 40 years.

Yeah he has many, I just assumed because that is probably his most famous statuesque KO and the one I always see on any highlight film...

CiganoBoxer
06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I hear from all over the forums and videos that Julian Jackson is the hardest p4p puncher of all time, do you agree? .I would say him and Naseem Hamed have got to be way up there :boxing:

kendom
06-09-2011, 05:42 PM

"And falling ever further behind and- OH NO THATS WHAT WEVE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT, HE WONT GET UP FROM THAT" looooool so much bias in one commentary. THat knockout shows that with enough power you can always have a punchers chance.

them_apples
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
hes the first guy that comes to mind when I think p4p hardest puncher. Him or Hearns at ww.

#1Assassin
06-11-2011, 02:29 PM
nobody can say they know for sure one fighter or another is the p4p hardest hitting fighter ever, its not an exact science.

however like alot of ppl said already jackson has to be up there with the candidates for hardest puncher ever.

i have never seen a fighter score as many savage KOs as jackson, he litreallt knocked dozens of quality fighters out cold. fighters who often were known to have good chins. he had a streak where he went nearly a decade without a single one of his oponents going the distance, most of those fights were title fights too.

on top of that he could crack equally with both hands, the graham KO is still the longest i seen someone out cold on the canvas. i remeber ppl were shocked at how long hatton was sound asleep against pacquiao, graham was out nearly twice as long if im not mistaken.

The Surgeon
06-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Now before i ask this, know that im not claiming he is even a consideration but how do people rank Wayne Alexander's power? His skill was poor and he never took out anyone with a great chin or anything but that man could BANG, i was there live for a few of his KO wins and guys were air born and cold before they hit the ground, u could hear and feel the power. He scored loads of spectacular KO's many of them one punch jobs. The Takaloo KO wont be forgotten in a hurry either....