View Full Version : Who is more HOF-worthy??

Pastrano
06-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Curry or Starling? Many will say Curry since he got 2 wins over Starling, but he lost to Honeyghan while Starling destroyed him. Starling was also the first to beat Breland and Simon Brown. I think both should get in, its a sham that they haven't already.

Boxing Bob
06-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Past, they only let in 3 per year so these two and lots of other good fighters with good resumes just won't ever make it. Pretty close between these two, I'll take Curry, he was a more accomplished amateur and also won a 154 lb belt(although he beat a chump to get it).

Pastrano
06-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Past, they only let in 3 per year so these two and lots of other good fighters with good resumes just won't ever make it. Pretty close between these two, I'll take Curry, he was a more accomplished amateur and also won a 154 lb belt(although he beat a chump to get it).

Hold up now!:wtf1: Gianfranco Rosi was far from a CHUMP, he defended the same title eleven times after he got beat by Curry. He's one of the best Italian fighters of that era. And all eras, when it comes to accomplishments.

Boxing Bob
06-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Sorry Past but Rosi was a chump. He beat exactly one quality fighter (Lupe Aquino), and needed a hometown decision to get that. Sorry Past but Van Horn is not a quality fighter. If you think Rosi is anything but an ordinary fighter, or if you think Curry or Starling are HOF worthy then you're a very poor judge of boxing quality.

fitefanSHO
06-05-2011, 09:12 PM
IMO Starling accomplished more, and didn't have the shocking KO losses that Curry has.

So that IMO makes him more Hall worthy than Curry.

Pastrano
06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry Past but Rosi was a chump. He beat exactly one quality fighter (Lupe Aquino), and needed a hometown decision to get that. Sorry Past but Van Horn is not a quality fighter. If you think Rosi is anything but an ordinary fighter, or if you think Curry or Starling are HOF worthy then you're a very poor judge of boxing quality.

Lol, so he had only ONE quality win, eh?! Ever hear of DUANE THOMAS?!? Rosi TKOed him in 7 rounds, that was in his first title reign. Thomas was a Kronk fighter who had beat Mugabi by TKO3 to win the same title. He also decisioned Kalambay before that.

Anyway, Starling striked me as a nicer man than Curry. Yes he had some ego like Curry but didn't put his opponents down, slag em off like Curry did. At least not as far as I know.

fitefanSHO
06-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Marlon did much better after boxing than Curry also, it bears mentioning.

SCtrojansbaby
06-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Starling was better but neither one should even sniff the HOF