View Full Version : Quality Sparring Gloves under $120?

BG_Knocc_Out
06-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't want ****ty gloves with low quality material, but that will be hard to get with the price range. Any good experiences? I'm not too fond with Title or Everlast, either.

Bronsky
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Ringside IMF all day without question.

ippo
06-04-2011, 08:58 PM

yup all day,the only thing i can see wrong is that they are more of a all purpose glove,ive had two pairs and they both are harder than a normal sparing glove like twins,reyes.But they are the best for their price.I got mine at 89 and 99.

BostonGuy
06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm looking for some good sparring gloves myself and spotted a nice pair on sale today. Can anyone vouch for the quality of these gloves:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/titleboxing_2158_41395003

They're Title brand "Pro Mex" style; basically just an imitation of the Cleto Reyes gloves. The price is $69.99, which seems pretty reasonable...

Any input would be appreciated...

BostonGuy
06-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Also, do you guys recommend the velcro or laced up gloves? Here's a pic of the velcro ones:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/titleboxing_2158_291397380

Pony Boy
06-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Lace Up. :boxing:

BostonGuy
06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Also, what size should I get? 14 or 16oz?

Bullrush
06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm looking for some good sparring gloves myself and spotted a nice pair on sale today. Can anyone vouch for the quality of these gloves:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/titleboxing_2158_41395003

They're Title brand "Pro Mex" style; basically just an imitation of the Cleto Reyes gloves. The price is $69.99, which seems pretty reasonable...

Any input would be appreciated...

dont buy these the padding is very dense they are not good for sparring

anyway. lace ups if you have somebody to lace them up. velcro is easier to handle but they dont sit as tight they are somewhat lose and the wrist support is not as good. 16 oz if you are close to 200lbs or more otherwise go with 14 oz

DJ QUIK JR.
06-07-2011, 02:02 AM

pito i aint forget about yo ass!!

Chinch
06-07-2011, 02:08 AM
pito i aint forget about yo ass!!

<font size="20" face="arial" color="crimson">Bahahahahaha!!! !!! !!!

BostonGuy
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
dont buy these the padding is very dense they are not good for sparring

anyway. lace ups if you have somebody to lace them up. velcro is easier to handle but they dont sit as tight they are somewhat lose and the wrist support is not as good. 16 oz if you are close to 200lbs or more otherwise go with 14 oz

Thanks for the feedback.

FM3O
06-08-2011, 04:26 PM
The Fighting Sports Tri-Tech series is awesome. Can't speak for their other gloves but I've owned multiple pairs of these. I've also owned Winnings, Grants Reyes, some Everlasts, and the IMF's and now I stick solely with these for just about everything. The only glove that fits more snug on my hand is the Winnings.

http://store.titleboxing.com/fighting-sports-tri-tech-lace-training-gloves.html

L. Cipher
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=FM3O;10666248]The Fighting Sports Tri-Tech series is awesome. Can't speak for their other gloves but I've owned multiple pairs of these. I've also owned Winnings, Grants Reyes, some Everlasts, and the IMF's and now I stick solely with these for just about everything. The only glove that fits more snug on my hand is the Winnings.

What he said Fighting Sports tri tech are the glovesmi use too. Great in terms of protecting your hands and fit fantastic.

BG_Knocc_Out
06-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Well, my budget has increased to about $200. Does anyone have any experience with the Grant pro-sparring gloves? Or the Cleto's or Lonsdale ones?

Bronsky
06-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I own grants, great gloves, great quality, took a while for them to break in

BostonGuy
06-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Does anyone have any experience with "Rival" gloves?...

http://www.rivalboxing.com/images/RS10V.jpg

sammiza567
06-10-2011, 08:43 AM
mate im ordering a pair next week ive tried most everlast, ringside, winning, grant, lonsdale. im going with the fighting ones posted above alot of ppl have only good things to say. apparently they resemble the winnings but at much more reasonable price.

BostonGuy
06-12-2011, 04:35 PM
What weight gloves do you guys spar with? 14, 16 oz?

F l i c k e r
06-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm normally the winnings guy on here but i decommisioned mines and didn't want to spend another 300 mackrels on a new pair.

So, fighting sports may be the way to go. I always say it's like a poor man's winnings. Cheaper but has that pillow feel. They are technically owned by title but they aren't constructed like regular title brand gloves.

Try maybe the intellishock Rival gloves? then again those are 150, so i don't know if you wanna look into it.

F l i c k e r
06-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Does anyone have any experience with "Rival" gloves?...

intellishocks are magic. i absolutely fell in love with the d30 tech they got in em. But really, they fit good. Have great cushion but without that dampened feel from winnings. They stiffen up on big shots, so they get that crisp pop as well.

kinda like driving a car with incredible handling but can go retardedly fast.

heres and example of what d30 can do
<iframe width="325" height="249" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U17MVtY0w5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now imagine it in your gloves. that's why it's hard for me to explain.

killsomething
06-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Couple short reviews:

Lonsdale Elite Molded Foam
These are my babies. The padding is kind of bouncy (I think a few guys on youtube do video reviews and mention this). You always land on your knuckles. The gloves look legit, the wrist support is good, the knuckle protection is beyond adequate, they pack some pop, feel very well balanced on your hands, etc. The biggest thing is the comfort. Your hands just feel right in the gloves. The material inside is outstanding. I've had friends try them on (after trying on ****ty everlast gloves and Reyes) and just be like "Whoa." I can't recommend these enough. I got mine for 80 bucks. They come with a 1 yr warranty.

Ultimate Classic
Discontinued, so if you want 16oz your best bet is Ebay. Probably run you about a hundred bucks. They were Ringside's top line of gear. Softest padding of any sparring gloves I've felt. Great wrist padding/support. Quality seems just shy of Grant and Reyes--I'd put quality on the level of Grant's Campeon line, maybe a little higher. Top of the line in terms of comfort and utility though. Somehow feels like I hit way harder in these, despite the soft padding. These are my backup gloves for the unfortunate day when my Lonsdales are no more.

Reyes
There is really nothing good about Reyes sparring gloves except for their quality and their narrow profile (easier to land through a guard). You can definitely hit hard in these--the padding is pretty dense already but it REALLY tightens up when you make a fist. Brand new pairs on ebay go for 100-120.

Rival Pro
Got ahold of a pair of these in 14oz velcro. I hate velcro for sparring gloves. That said, these are awesome. Quality is very very high. For some reason these things pack a wallop. Probably the glove I'd most call a puncher's glove. Not that they're damaging gloves like Reyes, they just seem to put your wrist/fist in perfect punching position, and the padding seems to almost aid your punch. Weird. Looking to get a pair of 16oz in lace-up for easier on-off and more wrist support, which I think will have an even greater effect on power. Thinking about hanging onto the 14oz to use as bag gloves. They go for about 100 bucks.

Winning
If you've got 200 bucks to spend go pick up a used pair off of Ebay. They typically go for 150-200 bucks with minimal use. I've never even tried on a pair, but come on, it's Winning.