View Full Version : Eddie Mustafa Muhammad

Pastrano
06-03-2011, 02:42 PM
What do you think of good old Eddie the Flame?? I think as a boxer he was incredibly talented, but never quite reached his full potential. I think its also a shame he didn't get that rematch with Spinks. I hear he had some kind of problems before that fight, wasnt in best shape or something. It was a good fight.

Anyway, what I like about him as a boxer is that he always came to fight, was a good boxer and brawler, which was and is very rare. He could punch too and had a good chin. He made a bad decision to move up and fight Snipes while he still was champ. I hear people say he even shoulda won that fight, havent seen it myself. Eddie as a trainer is also notable and has done some good work with Dawson and also Iran Barkley...I hear he trained Toney too, when was that?

Terry A
06-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I always liked him, especially once he moved up to 175. I remember John Condon calling his fights when he was a middleweight. Followed his career closely. Was shocked when he lost to James Scott. If he would have punched more often, instead of waiting to counterpunch, I think he would have gained even more fans as well as have been a little more exciting fighter. I do think that no matter his punch out-put, he couldn't have beaten Spinks.
What I liked about him was he did have pulvarizing power when he did throw his hands. He could get guys out of there if he landed. I liked his attitude in the ring also.

He was part of what I think was the greatest era ever in the 175 lb division.

EMSLDB
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Typical fighter from brooklyn. Dont know what it is about boxers from brooklyn but most of them are extremely talented, but there front runners like Judah, Tyson, and Shannon Briggs are others