View Full Version : Yory Boy Campas

Perfect Plex
06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I Always Enjoyed Watching Yory Boy Fight. He was never great or anything. But he always came to fight & was exciting.

Campas record at one point stood at 56-0.

He did manage to win the IBF title and make 3 defences. His best wins came against 28-0 Raul Marquez, Larry Barnes, Tony Ayala Jr, Anthony Stephens, Billy Lyell, & Matt Vanda.

Every time he stepped up to elite do against the likes of Trinidad, De La Hoya, Vargas, Carr, Santos, he was beaten without much trouble.

Pastrano
06-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes he came to fight always and is also a nice guy obviously. He was heavily hyped before the Trinidad fight. Its because he was 56-0. Maestrito Lopez destroyed him easily too. But Campas had heart.

New England
06-01-2011, 08:48 PM
He's actually got a fight coming up in june :sigh1::dunno:

i wish him the best and good health

in his prime he only lost to very good fighters

carr, vargas, trinidad, daniel santos, de la hoya,

EMSLDB
06-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Not trying to make fun of him but he was built like a t-rex. He has was about 5'10 with stubby arms. His defense was pretty bad not much head movement. From what I seen he could take a very good shot I think lopez was the only one to drop him. He did have good power in his left hook also a decent body puncher. If you stood in front of him you could have a very tough night. He was a good but limited b level fighter.

SCtrojansbaby
06-02-2011, 06:01 AM
His fight with John Duddy IMO is one of the top 20 fights of the decade

Pastrano
06-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Not trying to make fun of him but he was built like a t-rex. He has was about 5'10 with stubby arms. His defense was pretty bad not much head movement. From what I seen he could take a very good shot I think lopez was the only one to drop him. He did have good power in his left hook also a decent body puncher. If you stood in front of him you could have a very tough night. He was a good but limited b level fighter.

He's 5'11 and yea, hes known as a good bodypuncher.

titanium
06-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Yes he came to fight always and is also a nice guy obviously. He was heavily hyped before the Trinidad fight. Its because he was 56-0. Maestrito Lopez destroyed him easily too. But Campas had heart.

He did score a knockdown against Trinidad.

Perfect Plex
06-04-2011, 12:05 PM
He did score a knockdown against Trinidad.

Yep. It wasn't a easy fight for Tito. For the first few rounds it was a mini war and yes Campas did even manage to drop Tito.